Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony (547 Views)

Share Your Experience Not Been Served Food In An Occasion / Crocodile And Snake Served At A Party In Ibadan (Photos, Video) / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by ebubeson: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2022
One of the deliverance or mercy God has shown to me is that I get food in ceremony, celebration or party. I remembered in the past where I had issues getting food in ceremony, etc.

One major painful encounter was when I went to a child dedication ceremony, and I did not get food. At first, a man wanted me to eat his remaining food, but I did not. I waited for my own food, but the food never came. A woman said that they are bringing it. My people, I left that dedication without food, I only managed to eat the meat my elder sister was already chewing inside her mouth. It took me some time or years before getting over than pain.

If I come for your ceremony and you do not give me food, I may not be happy, except I am not interested. It is not that I cannot afford to buy food outside, but the pain of being bye passed when others are munching, and flexing drinks is not okay.

Please share your experience.
Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by Peledonomy: 11:16am On Nov 25, 2022
Ftc
Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2022
Lol... Reminds me of one funny but annoying event.

We ( twinny and I ) attended a wedding ceremony. So it was time to toast to the couple and cups were shared round but as they were sharing the blue cocktail drink, it finished before it got to me. Well I was a bit pissed but my twin now made the whole thing worse by what she did next.

She burst out laughing when she saw me clutching an empty cup. This made it so embarrassing. As if that was not enough, when it was time to toast, she started asking me, "are you planning to toast with an empty cup" lol... This made me angry though I couldn't help but laugh because of the way she kept dissing me with the empty cup. I had to drop it, still she kept at it and made other people notice. We are like that to each other.

I think that was the last I attended a wedding ceremony. Not because of the incident though.
Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
When last did I ever attend a party self?

Omo this my reclusive lifestyle grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by Nokio1: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
rule no 1: greet the caterer thats the main aunty o (u can't miss her she is always huge with pancake makeup, she will always answer how are you my dear ) n d ushers before looking for seat

if u want extra meat tell the slim female usher..wow u people are here,..u were wonderful at my cousins weddin..una don bond finish
Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by Cholls(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
My brother I be regular customer. Customer dada ni

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by mariahAngel(f): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
We wey dey si'down for ask me table, food no dey pass us by. Hehehehehehe
Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by RepoMan007: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2022
Naming ceremony is more about gifts going to the new born.
As for me, only hunger on.my own part can amplify the temporary pain of missing out.
Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by ObalendeCMS: 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
I’ve attended a party where my aunt’s rival (her husband second wife) asked the usher to clear the table we were sitting as a group, due to beef wey dem get together (*hisses* husband matter)

Omo, I no dull am; I just change table sharply.

I was the only one that ate at that party from the people that came from my aunt’s side.

Polygamy is bad for a Yorùbá man.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony by BlackfyreRebell: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
Na who go party dey cry say food no reach am.
Before you see me go party, the celebrant must be someone I hold in extra high esteem.

(1) (Reply)

Roasted Bole And Fish Business / Eating A Full Roasted Duck For The First Time / Tomato Or Pepper Which Will You Plant. Meet A Lady Making A Lot Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.