Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Very Profitable Cassava Production - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Very Profitable Cassava Production (1080 Views)

Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS / Cassava Production: And A List Of Companies That Buy Cassava Tubers In Nigeria / Afdb Plans $120 Million To Boost Cassava Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
Warm greetings guys. I wanna go into cassava farming. I'm very serious about it. Could anyone with experience please give a breakdown of what it would cost to produce 1 hectre (2.5 acres) of cassava? And the expected profit margin too.
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by kpakpakpa(m): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
andteachallnati:
Warm greetings guys. I wanna go into cassava farming. I'm very serious about it. Could anyone with experience please give a breakdown of what it would cost to produce 1 hectre (2.5 acres) of cassava? And the expected profit margin too.

Location pls
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by greenermodels: 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
andteachallnati:

I'm also planning to go large scale on this, I understand that a hectare of well managed cassava would yield at least 30 tons of cassava, a ton of cassava is currently been sold at 50k on jiji so you should do the maths.
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 6:17am On Nov 28, 2022
kpakpakpa:

Location pls

I'm in Edo State precisely
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 6:18am On Nov 28, 2022
greenermodels:
I'm also planning to go large scale on this, I understand that a hectare of well managed cassava would yield at least 30 tons of cassava, a ton of cassava is currently been sold at 50k on jiji so you should do the maths.

Thanks for this chief
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by greenermodels: 7:51am On Nov 28, 2022
andteachallnati:

Thanks for this chief
Also read the thread below but his output was rather poor

https://www.nairaland.com/6844822/cassava-farming-price-volatility-2021
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2022
Yeah, rather poor.
There are farms doing way more profitably at the moment. I guess I'll ask the Ministry of Agriculture in my state for a comprehensive analysis and source of God planting cuttings.

greenermodels:

Also read the thread below but his output was rather poor

https://www.nairaland.com/6844822/cassava-farming-price-volatility-2021

1 Like

Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 8:13am On Nov 28, 2022
*good planting cuttings, rather

andteachallnati:
Yeah, rather poor.
There are farms doing way more profitably at the moment. I guess I'll ask the Ministry of Agriculture in my state for a comprehensive analysis and source of God planting cuttings.

Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by greenermodels: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2022
andteachallnati:
Yeah, rather poor.

how much is a hectare or acre of land in the area? I'm seriously planning to retire to the rural area but it's not easy with the insecurity.
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by HornyTave: 10:12am On Nov 28, 2022
andteachallnati:

I'm in Edo State precisely

I'm in Edo also, where in Edo? and die the idea of going to Ministry, instead use the money for palm wine
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by OluchiDelly: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
greenermodels:

The figures here are over estimated. Always use the worst case scenario when dealing with what you have little or no control over. 20mt per hec is still moderate. Ignore that jiji figure.
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by greenermodels: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2022
OluchiDelly:

The figures here are over estimated. Always use the worst case scenario when dealing with what you have little or no control over. 20mt per hec is still moderate. Ignore that jiji figure.
even at 10 tons per hectare and a selling price of #30,000 per ton, I still consider it a good investment. My problem is getting a capable, dedicated and trustworthy farm manager.
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
greenermodels:
how much is a hectare or acre of land in the area? I'm seriously planning to retire to the rural area but it's not easy with the insecurity.

Lol �
For an hectre of land in Edo, which is approx 10 plots of land using 100ft by 100ft for a plot, you can get it for an average amount of 50k. It could be lower or higher depending on the area, usually on how remote it is.

1 Like

Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
Several places are safe as regards herdsmen etc. But for the safety of what you planted, considering thrives, it's better to plant close to other farms

greenermodels:
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
Thanks man. When I calculated the said Jiji amounts, I already saw the possibility of making millions within a relatively short time.

I just wish it those figures were as true.

OluchiDelly:

Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by greenermodels: 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
andteachallnati:
Several places are safe as regards herdsmen etc. But for the safety of what you planted, considering thrives, it's better to plant close to other farms

is it possible to get like at least 2 hectares in a livable location, I would like to gradually relocate to a rural area, the place should have nearby schools for children.
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by andteachallnati: 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
Yeah, possible. Just do some search

greenermodels
post=118774611:

is it possible to get like at least 2 hectares in a livable location, I would like to gradually relocate to a rural area, the place should have nearby schools for children.
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by officialfestus(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17
andteachallnati:

Lol �
For an hectre of land in Edo, which is approx 10 plots of land using 100ft by 100ft for a plot, you can get it for an average amount of 50k. It could be lower or higher depending on the area, usually on how remote it is.
where in EDO please?
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by Nigerfine3: 2:29am On Jan 18
officialfestus:
where in EDO please?
Don't you see the date the writer wrote? Even as at the time, it wasn't possible. Oyo state has the cheapest land in the whole southern nigeria
Re: Very Profitable Cassava Production by mrjayoffc18: 9:42am On Jan 18
Please experienced practicing farmers in the house, what is the current selling price for fresh cassava tubers per tonne in the south-west most especially in Oyo state axis?

(1) (Reply)

How To Choos Oil Filter Of Palm Oil Extraction Machinery? / Cassava Tuber For Sale / 25% Down Payment You Take Instantaneous Possession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.