Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES (5422 Views)

Pass NECO GCE Practicals 2022/2023: See GCE Specimens / Npower: See Pictures Of My Friend PPA In Gombe State / See Pictures Nigerian Students Return To School First Time In 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
The South African Reserve Bank has unveiled the design and composition of South Africa’s new circulation coins, which become legal tender from 1 January 2023.

The coins have made a host of changes to the designs of the money South Africans have become accustomed to over the last few decades and swapped out some of the more dated aspects of the current circulation coins for a more modern feel.

One of the more noticeable changes can be seen in the two-tone R5 coin, which is ditching the iconic buffalo as its featured animal and replacing it with the southern right whale.

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by Abfinest007(m): 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
South Africa are still using coins but even five naira is no longer accept .what a shame

9 Likes

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
The coins have maintained natural SA flora and fauna elements but however given them a modern look.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
Language diversity

The new coins will have the word “South Africa” inserted on one side of the coins and printed in all the official languages through an annual rotation.

For the next ten years, the languages will be alternated annually.

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by lymelyte(m): 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Abfinest007:
South Africa are still using coins but even five naira is no longer accept .what a shame
50cent is still very much used in sa.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by HarlequinLekex: 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2022
The question is where are nigerian coins?

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2022
lymelyte:
50cent is still very much used in sa.

You stay here? Visited?

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by 22o62021: 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2022
And even to drink ratchet water here
10 naira for fit buy am
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
SA last made major changes to its currency 10 years ago when the image of Nelson Mandela was put on all bank notes, replacing animals which now could be seen on the reverse side of the cash notes.

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by brain54(m): 10:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
Beautiful notes…

And coins too!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
Apartheid bank notes

In 1994 when SA gained democracy, the animals replaced the old apartheid era bank notes which depicted the first white settler Jan van Riebeeck

1 Share

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by Kharol1234: 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
My country just go change colour. Beautiful notes and coins.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by foxxydude: 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2022
Aboki don weight all Naija coins sell for condemn iron grin
If you notice they were buying them
Before the tear tear money aboki came to start buying mutilated notes

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 11:40pm On Nov 25, 2022
Something worth noting... SA democracy also redesigned its national flag to become one of the world's most recognisable.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by lymelyte(m): 5:08am On Nov 26, 2022
WannaHowzit:

You stay here? Visited?
studied briefly
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by wiseone28: 5:18am On Nov 26, 2022
Hope i can use R500 to bail myself?

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by P1PrinceKT(m): 6:20am On Nov 26, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
The question is where are nigerian coins?
They are melt by scrapers to make a nail or ring.
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by Psalmspsalms: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2022
I feel ashamed of Nigeria oo. The people who have the say in this country are all dummy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by MMWandali: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2022
Shame on Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by Nairalander248: 7:40am On Nov 26, 2022
WannaHowzit:
The South African Reserve Bank has unveiled the design and composition of South Africa’s new circulation coins, which become legal tender from 1 January 2023.

The coins have made a host of changes to the designs of the money South Africans have become accustomed to over the last few decades and swapped out some of the more dated aspects of the current circulation coins for a more modern feel.

One of the more noticeable changes can be seen in the two-tone R5 coin, which is ditching the iconic buffalo as its featured animal and replacing it with the southern right whale.

Your Topic is misleading, you need to be arrested for taking us back to 2013
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2022
Nairalander248:

Your Topic is misleading, you need to be arrested for taking us back to 2013

Oops! Meant 2023. It's corrected now.
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 8:51am On Nov 26, 2022
lymelyte:
studied briefly

Cool cool Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by Nairalander248: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Oops! Meant 2023. It's corrected now.

Lol. It's okay.
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Abfinest007:
ANY BLACK NATION WHERE OYIBO PPL NO DEY DECISION AREA AS HEAD OF GOVT, IS A YOYO NATION.check the whole Africa and see since independence angrySEE MGABEE 30YEARS MISRULE RUINED ZIMBABWE,SEE MOBUTU 3OYEARS MISRULE RUIN DRC,SEE IDIA AMIN RUINED UGANDA,SEE NAIJA SINCE INDEP NO SINGLE MODERN REFINERY,NO STABLE ELECTRICITY,ONLY THE FEW INDIVIDUALS LIVE LIKE EMPERORS USING RELIGION AND TRIBE TO PLAY WITH MINDS OF GULLIBLE NIGERIANS TO DIVIDE THIS IGNORANT UNEDU MASSES AND MISRULE THEM. angry sad E.G NAIJA PPL TRAVEL OVERSEAS AND BEHAVE WELL LIKE NORMAN HUMANS OBEYING LAWS,NO TRIBALISM OUTSIDE NAIJA,THEY QUEUE FOR SERVICE,STAY ORDERLY,HUMBLE,BUT IMMEDIATELY THE STEP INTO NIGERIA THEY TURN INTO WILD ANIMALS,WITH DISORDERLY CONDUCTS JUMPING QUEUES,CUTTING CORNERS,CIRCUMVENTING THE LAW WITH ARRAGANCE MENTALITY. angry EVEN SOCALLED COSMETIC PASTORS MADE SOCIETY WORSE PROMOTING FAKE PROSPERITY,FROLICKING WITH CRIMIMAL POLITICIANS,JUSTIFYING CRIMINALS RICHES,DEBASING MORAL STANDARD,NO CONTEMPTMENT PREACHING AGAIN,ONLY HYPING GREEDY LIFESTYLE, EMPERORS BEHAVIOUR AND DEPLAYING DASTARDLY EXAMPLE TO YOUTHS TO MISBEHAVE. angry sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by padi94(m): 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
Omo as e be like this now Animals Better Pass Human beings... Already according to comparing Nigerian Naira and SA Rand
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by konshency(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
Pls house are dis coin still valid in market... Because I have lot of it and what's the exchange rate if valid? Pls

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
konshency:
Pls house are dis coin still valid in market... Because I have lot of it and what's the exchange rate if valid? Pls

Here you go.

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by konshency(m): 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2022
Make I find sabo and change am got almost 1500c in total
WannaHowzit:

Here you go.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by WannaHowzit(m): 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
konshency:
Make I find sabo and change am got almost 1500c in total

100c is R1, so basically you have R15.

So I think you have like N380.
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by Nko1: 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
For good or worse
Re: South Africa Has Also Redesigned Its Money For 2023, SEE PICTURES by Goalnaldo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
An Old Farmer writes to his Son who is in Prison:
"Dear Son, this year I won't be able to plant Potatoes because I can't dig the field by myself, I know if you are here, you would have helped me".

The Son writes back,
"Dad don't even think of digging the field because that's where I buried all the money I stole."

The Police read the letter and the next Day the whole field was dugged up looking for the money but nothing was found.

The following Day the Son wrote again,
'Now plant your Potatoes dad, it's the best I can do from here. '

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

TRCN Office Lagos / TRENDING! Young Beautiful Lady Shocks Her Father & Mother After Graduation(pics) / See The Letter Written To Albert Einstein When He Applied For Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.