Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians (53450 Views)

Bauchi Govt To Crack Down On Unregistered Private Schools / Canadian Province, British Columbia Announces Two-Year Ban On Nigerians, Others / Student At University Of Glasgow UK To Share Room With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Juleeee: 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Of course Nigerians dey over do things abeg, look at the pos thing everyone is doing it now even ATM machines don't work anymore.

7 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by MT: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
Focusmind:

I was shocked when I watched the British parliamentary session, where that immigration woman was ranting. I feel for education migrants in the next five to eight years. People should start devising means of beating the system legally to stay back after their studies. Me and you know that 99% of Nigerians that travels to UK for studies have intention of staying permanently and some have brought their families as well on dependent visas. My people, please try and be a step ahead of the British system in the legal way. This conservative government is ready to put education migrants in dilemma in the next five years to come with unfavorable migration policies.

For people who are high skilled, be aware that tax has gone up, thus working in the UK will lead to small savings. For majority of students using care worker route, the Home office knows that large amount of these homes are frauds. They are monitoring these homes as UK government is the main client for these homes. It is so easy for them to do as they have tools at their disposal to get any information about you.

They know that most people studying tech, sciences have turned into emergency care workers instead for them to be useful in different domains. The quality of education in the UK has gone down too and these students are not prepared for the industrial market. So they do not have the capabilities to get jobs in these fields.

My advice is our brothers and sisters should seek opportunities outside the UK. Once UK govt decides to do something, they always do it.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Franking: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2022
Abeg o. Make I japa first.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Temptee101(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Even Somalia will make it difficult for Nigerians to enter their country should tinubu become the president but God forbid

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Bintdawood(f): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Not immediately.

Canada has an ageing population. They need immigrants urgently. At least, more young working people means that the country can earn revenue to pay for the pensions of the older ones.

Sure! But Nigerians dey flood that country fa.

3 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
Bintdawood:

Sure! But Nigerians dey flood that country fa.

As at 2016, 70000 Nigerians. May be around 100000 -150000 by now (that's a liberal estimate). Canada is 38.3million people strong.

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by ominilongest(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
I didn't blame UK for any reason.I said that in a joking tone you don dey write epistle
E shock me too.
grin

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Pickmycall: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Too late!

UK Immigration is fvcking porous now!

Even if they stop student visa presently, another route is presently WIDE OPEN

Those who know, know lipsrsealed
As in, they receive bribe?
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
Pickmycall:
As in, they receive bribe?

Seek and ye shall find!

You don’t expect me to cast it in a public forum!

But it’s all over the air and people exploiting the loophole on daily basis.

Find it, it won’t take you time to see it.

4 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by emerged01(m): 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
No matter rules or restrictions,when it is my turn to get there nothing will stop me.

7 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by RestructureNig2: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
God1000:
Are they schooling in UK for free?

The West said they don't want your ass in their country and you're asking question

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by etrange: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
God1000:

We're talking about a relatively small country that's already facing housing crisis. The services sector is getting overwhelmed and the country could start facing all the issues associated with high population density very soon. And your question is, are they studying in the UK for free? Only an extremely poor country would have no limit to what they willing to sacrifice for money.

7 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Masterito(m): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please chat me privately.
CoronaVirusRelo:
Too late!

UK Immigration is fvcking porous now!

Even if they stop student visa presently, another route is presently WIDE OPEN

Those who know, know lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Realguyman1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
obyrich:
We have a chance to make a change now.
Make it right as how?
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by poseidon12: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
Mindlog:
Nigerians should looks into UK skilled worker visa for roles such as residential childcare worker, where the sector is hugely understaffed. So many shifts available but few workers.

They may require some formal training and certification. I am not aware of such programs in Nigeria.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
Masterito:
Please chat me privately.

I already gave you a lead.

Go find it. It’s not hidden. It’s all over the air!
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by lakefist(m): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
God1000:

God bless you. As if they are not contributing to their Country's growth.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by ruzell86: 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Not exactly...it is because most of us are poor.

Many western nations that are successful built up their nations on the back of generations of their working poor.

Also, poor people need to eat now, not in twenty years time. African governments know that, which is why many of them practice welfarism...the problem is the funds for African welfare states come from selling raw materials, which at the end of the day, have fluctuating sale prices...which means revenue is not steady.

Finally, western nations live in environments that are harsh. Most of their tech developed out of a means to overcome their harsh living environment. Add the fact that most of them have limited resources...
Like a few others, I like your analysis. Simple and straight to the point. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by InvertedHammer: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
/
Supply and Demand.

Time shall come when UK degree will carry no weight in Nigeria with the rate everyone is getting one.

/

3 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by od501: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
obyrich:
Canada is next. Instead of all these turn turn, why don't we sit our ass down and build our nation?

If Nigeria is not divided so that every region can go back to their land, there will be no nation to build. Mark this comment.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by crixlight2(m): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2022
MufasaLion:

There's nothing like "milk Naija students," were they forced to come?

Aren't they getting the value of the education? Did the U.K. government tell them to sell their properties to fund their study?

Or did the U.K. government block Nigerians from accessing their official website to read all the information needed to know about the U.K.?

Did the U.K. government ask them to use fake statement of account to get visa, hence the reason they default in tuition fee payment?

Did the U.K. government tell them to breed like rodents and collect loan from the bank to travel all because they want to go with dependants?

Or they didn't know that they will pay £2k for PSWG also?

Or they didn't know about shortage occupational list, especially those going to the U.K.to study useless course?

Blame your ignorant countrymen for causing their own misfortune, not the U.K.!
Please just for understanding, are they not making more there , is there chance to make more money and build house for Naija within 4 years ?

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
rattlesnake:
Its all those girls with thin legs who got into UK and started doing blogs and teaching people HOW TO MIGRATE...Haba...

Seriously, I was wondering why the sudden rise in UK resident YouTubers?

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by BloomingDale(f): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
maestro299:
We are blacks. Blacks generally don't have the patience and discipline to build successful societies.

You are right. That's why I've been telling African women to practice selective breeding. The fewer the African men, the better Africa and the world at large will be.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by humberjade: 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Bluntemperor:

You got a point!
U K ,like their EU counterparts,prefers the Ukrainian White but failed to know that Nigerians are more better and determined people!
The New UK P M- Rishi, should understand that everyone, including Nigerians have rights to migrate,since many of them also migrated to where they are now, including Mr Trump, whose Parents comes from Germany!
But while are they limiting Nigerians from migration?
Is it our Govt connivance with Foreign Countries or what?

Well, I think the problem is multifaceted...

1. Most European countries were still finding means to wriggle their ways out of the aftereffect of CV 19, when the Ukrainian War broke out; further compounding an already precarious situation across board. After all, one wouldn't blame neighbours for helping accommodate their fellows who were and are still fleeing from the war. They had to provide them with shelter, and pay them stipends until they learn their new hosts' language and get jobs.
So imagine how strained they are already, so it is only normal they come up with strategies to minimise immigrants who aren't in urgent need of it. The good thing is that they accommodated people of other colours too. At least I know 5 Nigerian students (2 of which had expired Ukrainian Residence Permits) who are well settled in Netherlands and Germany respectively, with 1 to 2 years work permits, and earn 1500 euros and above after tax. To those folks, the war was a blessing in disguise, because there were scarcely legit jobs for them in Ukraine.

2. Third world migrants rarely migrate solo, each come with at least 3 or more dependents, further straining the already stretched social facilities.

3. And again, you might not be far from the truth with the fact that our government have a hand in it. Because the brain drain is crippling every sector of the country, so it is only normal for the government to try and indirectly stand as obstacle.

But in all honesty, we only have our past and current leaders to blame, because if Nigeria were to be working in tandem with what God has blessed her with, someone like me would still be in Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by sulaak(m): 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2022
obyrich:
Canada is next. Instead of all these turn turn, why don't we sit our ass down and build our nation?

How can you build a country when the enemies are the leaders and elites that should be imprisoned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Ovieemmanuel: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
obyrich:
how campy build nation when some brain dead wicked stupid useless wicked people still want to vote 99 years old man because of 5k.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Cgy1: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
Why
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Raalsalghul: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
MufasaLion:

Did the U.K. government tell them to breed like rodents and collect loan from the bank to travel all because they want to go with dependants?

Lol grin
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Starzo: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2022
lakefist:

God bless you. As if they are not contributing to their Country's growth.
Stay in Nigeria and contribute to your own countries 'growth'

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Starzo: 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
BloomingDale:

You are right. That's why I've been telling African women to practice selective breeding. The fewer the African men, the better Africa and the world at large will be.
What have you as a black african woman achieved in your miserable life?

5 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 4:33pm On Nov 26, 2022
Litmus:
Indian prim minister, Indian Home Secretary what do you as a Nigerian expect?

Indians were groomed by the British for this Buffer role (you cant easily accuse them of racism for they are "Ethnics" too) . They, Brits, even have sold this strategy to America as a means of keeping African Americans disempowered. It amazes me how unaware black people are of prevailing world and national agenders perhaps because we have none. Blacks are just good at facilitating their own oppression by always hating and dragging down other blacks, as is the case with black Americans versus Nigerians and Africa versus Nigerians.

I was arguing with a black American woman who was obsessing about Nigerians in America, she was on about how Africans benefit from black American struggles but now want to lord it over them. In short, I tried to direct her fight to Asians and Hispanics but she wouldn't have it (straight hair, thin nose and lips seem to have a magical hold on black Americans and carideans) anyway she informed me that she preferred Indians to Nigerians because Indians were nice (Imagine the stupidity).

Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" / Michael Okpara University(mouau) 2015/2016 Admission Thread / Which Nigeria University Would You Advice Even Your Enemy Not To Go To And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.