Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

The Truth That Changed My Online Selling Strategy Part 1 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Truth That Changed My Online Selling Strategy Part 1 (186 Views)

An Encounter With Dr. Cosmas Maduka That Changed The Life Of CEO Stanel Group / Best Selling Strategy For Dropshippers And E-commerce Sellers / How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth That Changed My Online Selling Strategy Part 1 by iamPhoenixKing(m): 5:27am On Nov 26, 2022
Before you decide to start selling whether online or offline, there are certain questions you need to answer and one of the pertinent one is, will I show up everyday!

This seems pretty basic and trivial for someone who plans to open a shop somewhere and start selling.

But how about you that don't have a physical shop and utilises your online space as your shop.

This question is particular to you. The answer you provide will go a long way to determine if your business will survive and make plenty sales or if you'll just keep struggling with sales and eventually burn out and quit.

Now I will talk about the 3 things you must know and consider before you answer this question:

1) Motivation: if your showing up everyday; and by everyday I mean posting your products and creating educative contents about it and posting every time of the day. And so, if your showing up everyday is based off of motivation, then your doomed to fail.

And this is so because, motivation is a drug that doesn't last very long in the human system. You could be very motivated in the morning and demotivated before lunch does that mean you won't do anything about your business?

You need to understand that motivation is dependent on a lot of variables and as such, if showing up for your business is based off of motivation then you will not go very far.

2) Feelings: This is similar to the first point except worse. Why would you base your selling and showing up based off of your feelings.

I hear a lot of people say "I don't really feel like it today, I'll show up tomorrow after all nobody bought yesterday when I showed up" then you completely don't understand the game of sales at all.

There are two things you need to constantly telling yourself when it comes to selling your product:
a) you are not the only one selling that product.

b) the average person needs to see your product at least 7 times before they can make a buying decision.

Therefore, you don't really have a choice. If showing up is one of the core requirements of making sales then you have to do it regardless of how you feel.
Re: The Truth That Changed My Online Selling Strategy Part 1 by iamPhoenixKing(m): 6:31am On Nov 30, 2022
iamPhoenixKing:
Before you decide to start selling whether online or offline, there are certain questions you need to answer and one of the pertinent one is, will I show up everyday!

This seems pretty basic and trivial for someone who plans to open a shop somewhere and start selling.

But how about you that don't have a physical shop and utilises your online space as your shop.

This question is particular to you. The answer you provide will go a long way to determine if your business will survive and make plenty sales or if you'll just keep struggling with sales and eventually burn out and quit.

Now I will talk about the 3 things you must know and consider before you answer this question:

1) Motivation: if your showing up everyday; and by everyday I mean posting your products and creating educative contents about it and posting every time of the day. And so, if your showing up everyday is based off of motivation, then your doomed to fail.

And this is so because, motivation is a drug that doesn't last very long in the human system. You could be very motivated in the morning and demotivated before lunch does that mean you won't do anything about your business?

You need to understand that motivation is dependent on a lot of variables and as such, if showing up for your business is based off of motivation then you will not go very far.

2) Feelings: This is similar to the first point except worse. Why would you base your selling and showing up based off of your feelings.

I hear a lot of people say "I don't really feel like it today, I'll show up tomorrow after all nobody bought yesterday when I showed up" then you completely don't understand the game of sales at all.

There are two things you need to constantly telling yourself when it comes to selling your product:
a) you are not the only one selling that product.

b) the average person needs to see your product at least 7 times before they can make a buying decision.

Therefore, you don't really have a choice. If showing up is one of the core requirements of making sales then you have to do it regardless of how you feel.

Part 2

Discipline : while the first two factors might seem trivial to the success and progress of your sales business, Discipline is a virtue that is of absolute importance if you must scale and achieve lasting success.

What Discipline simply means here is "doing it regardless. " it doesn't matter your mood, whether you are angry, sad, pumped up, motivated or not, whatever. You just do it because you have to.

There are times when you will have 10,000 reasons not to go through with it, you will want to postpone it to some other time but because you are disciplined and know that it has to be done, you do it regardless.

You do it regardless of what came up, your engagements, regardless of the results you are currently producing. You will show up and you will do it. That's Discipline. Without which your business, your campaign, your sales will suffer constant set backs.
Re: The Truth That Changed My Online Selling Strategy Part 1 by iamPhoenixKing(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
iamPhoenixKing:

Part 2

Discipline : while the first two factors might seem trivial to the success and progress of your sales business, Discipline is a virtue that is of absolute importance if you must scale and achieve lasting success.

What Discipline simply means here is "doing it regardless. " it doesn't matter your mood, whether you are angry, sad, pumped up, motivated or not, whatever. You just do it because you have to.

There are times when you will have 10,000 reasons not to go through with it, you will want to postpone it to some other time but because you are disciplined and know that it has to be done, you do it regardless.

You do it regardless of what came up, your engagements, regardless of the results you are currently producing. You will show up and you will do it. That's Discipline. Without which your business, your campaign, your sales will suffer constant set backs.

Persistence: every business on earth has its booms and bursts, EVERY BUSINESS! So to make it easier to handle, you need to come to terms with it. That your actions can only reduce the burst scale or increase the boom cycle.

But as surely as your business lives, you must experience both at some point.

You need to treat both cycles alike. Learn what you can, correct the ones that you can but above all don't quit.

Let your faith, tenacity and Persistence keep you going when the going gets tough.

I don't know how this relates but if you want to start Affiliate Marketing as a side hustle, click here:
https://askcoachphoenix.carrd.co

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Account Needed For Ads. I'll Pay 3k Every Week / * Mango Bellini 14kt Yellow Gold & Diamond Australian Opal Ring / Have You Heard Of Crete Wall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.