Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Should You Listen To Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should You Listen To Your Parents? (333 Views)

Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should You Listen To Your Parents? by aisha1314(f): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
As an adult, should you still listen to and follow your parents' advice or should you just use your own common sense and instincts to figure things out?
Re: Should You Listen To Your Parents? by adeoyekay(m): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2022
aisha1314:
As an adult, should you still listen to and follow your parents' advice or should you just use your own common sense and instincts to figure things out?
your parents have been guiding you from childhood days
Don't neglect their advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should You Listen To Your Parents? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2022
aisha1314:

It depends.. there are some decisions which u'll have to make, and will be against the will of your parents.

Such decisions might be your turning point to greatness.

1 Like

Re: Should You Listen To Your Parents? by HarlequinLekex: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
It depends on the situation at hand. Hear them out when they want to advice you. It is not all advice you should make use of.

1 Like

Re: Should You Listen To Your Parents? by Jesuisbelle(f): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2022
It depends. For the most part, yes but they also come from a completely different generation so their advice may be irrelevant or obsolete
Re: Should You Listen To Your Parents? by frozen70(f): 6:03am On Nov 28, 2022
aisha1314:

Parents advice depends on the situation they are advicing you on

When it's about life safety
When it's about marriage
When it's about how to save money
When it's about the kind of relationship with friends

I will take their advice because they have more experience than me

However, there are other areas they don't have any idea of

In this case, I will advise myself properly to avoid mistakes that will affect me

(1) (Reply)

. / Court Throws Out Dumo Lulu-briggs' Lawsuit Challenging Ownership Of Moni Pulo / Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.