Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,233 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? (29143 Views)

I Salute My Parents And You Can Salute Your Parents As Well(photos) / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by NoLotty7(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, how much should be best to place both parent on monthly either as a single or married?

I have been giving money to my parents mostly during festivals and if they have any financial challenge. My mom always have the fair share from me than dad reason she take care of my young ones with it too. Now, l intend placing both parent on monthly payroll from Jan.

How much should be ok, l plan placing mom on 30k,dad on 20k, though, I'm still single planning to marry next year. What is your view on this, let's discuss.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by sKeetz(m): 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
It all depends on what you can afford to give. Nothing is too big or too small.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by BiafranBushBoy: 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
I give to them to support my two younger ones with monthly pocket money, Which amounts to about 50k monthly.

It is better that way cus my Ps are still working.

Lalasticlala move this to career section.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by LionDeLeo: 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
I think it depends on your monthly earnings.

A 70k earner cannot achieve that, while a 1m earner will comfortably triple that.

As for me, not fixed, depends on needs.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
No be wetin you dey earn go determine wetin you go spend? Just make sure to give them enough money that they'd never ever have to go dry to the extent of begging. Such amount that'd never finish till you send another the following month even if they have to spend hugely.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by NoLotty7(m): 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Love you guys so far for your contributions.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by ijrm: 8:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
it's okay...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by wtfcoded: 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
That topic just hit my mind.
I need more money!!

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
angry

∆ Your earnings say it all.... ∆

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by marooh: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
This question is for multiBillioniare...... grin

As for me na how money take come go depend the amount grin

9 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nutase: 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.

360 Likes 30 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by coolxpat(m): 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nutase:
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.
this makes too much sense o.

190 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by emeijeh(m): 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
It doesn't have to be a monthly thing..... But remember them often.

At the end, you will be greatly shamed if you have no savings to boast of.

So, remember your own savings bank account when salary drops

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by afbstrategies: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Ermacc: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
just here to read lies from those who are still collecting pocket money

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
I give my mum 10% of my monthly income, fortunately my dad earns 5 times what I earn so I buy him only gifts occasionally.

I pay my parent my tithe, I pay the church Normal church offering.

196 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by madjune(m): 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2017
100 dollars.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by wolextayo: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
Why do you really have to know?
That one is a secret between mum and son.
All these things should stop in 2017
Social media is just so full of highlights. May God help us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by spiritedtete: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
Double sure you can finish what you are about to start... By the time they get use to it... And iyawo and kids show... I pray God will continue to bless you to see and to give them. But you are on track... All depending on your income.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by hobermener: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
sKeetz:
It all depends on what you can afford to give. Nothing is too big or too small.
Are you a pastor
When you hear this saying during offering an donations time in church, the pastor is indirectly asking you to respect yourself and drop the most you can afford grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by purem(m): 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
Which kyn yeye question b dis?

And the mods have to pushed it to FP?

This has violated rule 10

10. Don't violate the privacy of any people e.g. by posting their private pics, info, or chats without permission.

U give ur parents moni how da 1 tay consign me?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by GoldCircle: 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Is it not from what you earn that you will give them monthly stipend?! if you earn N60k a month, can you afford to give them N300k every month? which kind mumu question be this sef?

Besides, what if they are even better off than you are? In fact, let me tell you, as it is now, many parents are the ones supporting their children especially as the country do kaput!

Things were way better in their time. All fingers are not equal.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by BlackDBagba: 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Thanks for this!

Hozier:
I give my parents 10% of my monthly income. I don't pay tithe to any church, I pay my parents my tithe.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by aspirebig: 9:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
I give to them to support my two younger ones with monthly pocket money, Which amounts to about 50k monthly.

It is better that way cus my Ps are still working.

Lalasticlala move this to career section.

Career section ke?

I thought it should be in 'family' section .

Meanwhile, give your parents something good monthly because naira has no value these days, that is if you are working. .but if you are still an applicant or a student, then it is understood.

Make them happy in their old days and they will live longer for you.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by ladyF(f): 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
It depends on your income though. I have a fixed amount I give my mum every month.

Plus a variable amount based on logistics. Like this Christmas now, I had to add extra for Christmas money, and another one for fuel. cry

It's LadyF again grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
smiley
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hozier:
I give my parents 10% of my monthly income. I don't pay tithe to any church, I pay my parents my tithe.
Must you drag church into it.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Rikidony(m): 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
bro hw I wan take gve wen I still the look for jab

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by rattlesnake(m): 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
I ONLY TITHE TO LEVITES
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by intruder15(m): 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
D honest truth people fail to ignore is that even parents gets jealous of their son's wife. strange. but true. anything u start now and u can't keep up, they will say ur wife caused it whereas ground fit no level.
my advice.
if they are both working, cut it off. stick to festive periods only and whenever they call or u sense a pressing need. d essence is for them not to get used to u giving. then, attend to ur younger ones needs directly.
if u are thinking of placing them on a salary scale, do that when u have kids of ur own so no matter the circumstances that may arise later, they won't blame ur wife and her people. cuz u placed them on a salary scale when married. not before marriage.
parents can be weird atimes.

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022 / Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / Nigeria’s First Set Of Quintuplets Celebrate 17th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.