Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? (3209 Views)

Question: Realistically, Can Bola Tinubu Actually Win This Election? / Oyinbo Woman Storms Lagos To Help Sanwo-Olu Win Lagos Election / Does Tinubu Actually Believe He Or Any Other Yoruba Will Become President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
In 2015, Buhari then polled 792,460 votes, while Jonathan got 632,327.

Buhari polled 580,814 votes to beat Atiku, who got 448,016 votes.

To be fair, one can argue that this election was mostly rigged, especially in Alimosho local government.

Today, With BVAS, rigging is traceable and harder, we will have clearer picture of voting patterns. ATiku is dead in Lagos, we have to agree.
Lagos is between Peter Obi and Tinubu. Tinubu maybe popular with the areas boys and some native Yorubas however not every Yoruba are his fan. There are right thinking Yorubas that won’t vote for him, a lot of them are my friends. Lagos is too cosmopolitan for Tinubu to clear, we have to agree.
The endsars saga will also work against him. He will not get votes from many Christian communities even within the Yoruba circle.

I expect Tinubu to win Lagos anyways, but the margin will not be huge if all things are equal.
I expect to see this figures

Tinubu: 50%
Obi: 40%
Others: 10%

Although, we Cannot totally overrule Peter obi winning Lagos If APC sleeps on it.
What’s your thought?

13 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by dat9jaguy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Mr Influencer, no talk wetin you no know. Stick to promoting artists and social events, this is above your intellectual capacity.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Bonijy04: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Tinubu is going to have more than 80% from Lagos and the rest of SW States even in OYO where PDP is there governor Tinubu all the way

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
Bonijy04:
Tinubu is going to have more than 80% from Lagos and the rest of SW States even in OYO where PDP is there governor Tinubu all the way
Lol grin

Your thought is highly welcomed but very far from reality

35 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
dat9jaguy:
Mr Influencer, no talk wetin you no know. Stick to promoting artists and social events, this is above your intellectual capacity.
Lol, We have figures up there showing that APC has never won Lagos in a landslide.

It’s usually very close and I don’t see Tinubu overturning this

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Noblechykk(m): 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Tinubu will win Lagos, no doubt but when judged politically, it would be a loss because the margin will be slim

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Omihanifa: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
This campaign alone has shown that tinubu is clearly overrated. Its just money that is his strength nothing else. The only thing he might use to gather votes on election day is by sharing money and food stuffs

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
Noblechykk:
Tinubu will win Lagos, no doubt but when judged politically, it would be a loss because the margin will be slim
That is what I think also.
There’s no way he can win massively. It’s not possible with what’s on ground in Lagos

7 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by dat9jaguy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2022
Workch:
Lol, We have figures up there showing that APC has never won Lagos in a landslide.

It’s usually very close and I don’t see Tinubu overturning this

Like I said no go dey believe your analysis o. The shocker awaiting you guys is still doing exercise in the gym. Las las everyone is entitled to their opinion but the day of reckoning is just around the corner.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2022
dat9jaguy:

Like I said no go dey believe your analysis o. The shocker awaiting you guys is still doing exercise in the gym. Las las everyone is entitled to their opinion but the day of reckoning is just around the corner.
Which shocker?
If them tell you say Tinubu go win 75% Lagos, you go believe?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by dat9jaguy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2022
Workch:
Which shocker?
If them tell you say Tinubu go win 75% Lagos, you go believe?

Wait for election day, no need jumping the gun.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
dat9jaguy:

okay l, we wait

1 Like

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by mrvitalis(m): 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
Bonijy04:
Yorubas are sophisticated too sophisticated Infact to vote someone like Tinubu

Voting Tinubu would kill the whole idea that Yorubas are sophisticated

17 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by OfficialAPCNig: 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
Tinubu will win Lagos, but the win will be politically irrelevant

8 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by SlavaUkraini: 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
Tinubu would win Lagos State and lose the general elections....

He would remain the landlord of Lagos State

8 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by FarahAideed: 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2022
He will win it comfortably , if there is any state he would win it's Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by omowolewa: 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2022
Use text to speech App to llisten to what you typed

This time remove all bias and consider all factors

Lagos are bad voters when you play tribal cards, check 2015 Guber elections when PDP wanted to form alliance with the other tribes.

Anyway vote Yele Sowore
Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by PlayerMeji: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
Right thinking Yorubas....

Continue to abuse the Yoruba people because of your yeye candidate!

Right thinking Yoruba...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
He would win Lagos narrowly. LP and PDP would get their 25percent

1 Like

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by N3TRAL: 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
Your assumption is that anyone who won't vote Tinubu will vote Peter Obi.

You are definitely oblivious of PDP's political structures in Lagos.

In 2015 it was PDP vs APC

In 2019 it was APC vs PDP

2023 it would be APC vs PDP splited between LP and NNPP.

Also , in 2015 and 2019 it wasn't a south westerner on the ballot. In 2023, it is a Yoruba Man that will be on the ballot.

PDP structures have collapsed in Lagos. The Igbos have departed the party to support their Labour Party. Some Yorubas have departed to APC.

However, a lot of Yorubas who always voted PDP in Lagos have remained there. PDP will do better than LP in many posh areas because there are elites who are financing PDP.

Funke Akindele , Davido, Banky W etc have always supported PDP for instance. They're still supporting PDP.

PDP will definitely lose most Igbo votes but will not lose any significant Yoruba vote. The worst that can happen to PDP is that its votes will be splited thereby giving APC a gap advantage.

APC will win Lagos with a wide margin even though the total votes they get will only be slightly higher than what they've always had.

If APC has above 50% like they've always had, they will win with a wide Margin because Atiku will definitely have his 25%.

Compare 2023 elections to Sanwo Olu's Governorship Elections when Igbo voters were supporting Agbaje and Ambode was their darling. That's a typical example of Yoruba electorates choosing a Yoruba on the Ballot not a splited decision between two Fulanis.

7 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Superwave16320: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
If Peter Obi beta Atiku n not even Tinubu I owe you 100K cash. I know if I talk say make we bet you go start lamenting so need just quote any mod to be our witness.

Workch:
In 2015,
What’s your thought?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Emperormartin(m): 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
Tinubu will not win in ojo LGA and festac regions

2 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by kingmaster2009: 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2022
Workch:

To be fair, one can argue that this election was mostly rigged, especially in Alimosho local government.

Today, With BVAS, rigging is traceable and harder, we will have clearer picture of voting patterns. ATiku is dead in Lagos, we have to agree.
Lagos is between Peter Obi and Tinubu. Tinubu maybe popular with the areas boys and some native Yorubas however not every Yoruba are his fan. There are right thinking Yorubas that won’t vote for him, a lot of them are my friends. Lagos is too cosmopolitan for Tinubu to clear, we have to agree.
The endsars saga will also work against him. He will not get votes from many Christian communities even within the Yoruba circle.

I expect Tinubu to win Lagos anyways, but the margin will not be huge if all things are equal.
I expect to see these figures

Although, we Cannot overrule Peter obi winning Lagos If APC sleeps on it.
What’s your thought?

Lagos State is a representation of entire Nigeria ...
Your analysis lacks credibility...

The reason why tinubu will win Lagos state is that
1. He has the state governor's backing
2..which is the most important one is that Atiku and Jonathan got that figure when we only had two options....now, there are three options

We have Atiku, Peter Obi, and Tinubu
In 2015, the vote of the Yiibo people and PDP was given.to Atiku but in 2023, Yiibo people will vote for Obi, Which will drastically reduce the percentage of votes Atiku had in 2015, While Tinubu will still maintain his structure in Lagos State

1 Like

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
He would win Lagos narrowly. LP and PDP would get their 25percent
how will PDP get 25% in this Lagos?

Do you reside in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
kingmaster2009:

Lagos State is a representation of entire Nigeria ...
Your analysis lacks credibility...

The reason why tinubu will win Lagos state is that
1. He has the state governor's backing
2..which is the most important one is that Atiku and Jonathan got that figure when we only had two options....now, there are three options

We have Atiku, Peter Obi, and Tinubu
In 2015, the vote of the Yiibo people and PDP was given.to Atiku but in 2023, Yiibo people will vote for Obi, Which will drastically reduce the percentage of votes Atiku had in 2015, While Tinubu will still maintain his structure in Lagos State
Atiku is dead in Lagos, PDP got anti-Buhari votes because there was no option. Same with Abuja.

Tinubu will win, LP will be second, Atiku doesn’t have a base in Lagos demography. Anti- APC votes will most likely go to LP

7 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
Workch:

Although, we Cannot totally overrule Peter obi winning Lagos If APC sleeps on it.
What’s your thought?
Obi will win Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2022
post=118703206:

Obi will win Lagos
I don’t think so, Tinubu will get a slim victory

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by N3TRAL: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
APC's margin will be more like the picture below.

Igbos hated Sanwo Olu coupled with the fact that Ambode who was the Governor didn't like him.

All of you voted PDP to Prevent "Jagaban's boy", but he still won with more than 70% because the Yoruba electorates were with him.

5 Likes

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by ganisucks(f): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
Workch:

What’s your thought?
He will win Lagos, but the margin won't be much. Don't forget Atiku is on the ballot, and he and Obi will split votes.
Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by Workch: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
ganisucks:

He will win Lagos, but the margin won't be much. Don't forget Atiku is on the ballot, and he and Obi will split votes.
Atiku is not strong in Lagos.
You and I know this

1 Like

Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by ganisucks(f): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
Workch:
Atiku is not strong in Lagos.
You and I know this
He is not strong, given. Bode George will work against him. But there are still some PDP heavyweights in PDP Lagos that will work for him.
Re: The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? by ganisucks(f): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
dat9jaguy:

You are counting on rigging and federal might, and you have no idea who does the rigging and how it's done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Declares Two Weeks Sit At Home In Lagos / Local Contractors To Get Priority In Ekiti State Development Projects / Nigeria's Iron Lady (new SEC Boss Arunma Oteh) Takes On Fraudsters in NSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.