Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Naija Entertainment News Gists - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naija Entertainment News Gists (4412 Views)

Gists That Got Overshadowed By Olamide And Don Jazzy’s Beef At The Headies / [GISTS] Drama As Husband Drags S3x Addict Wife To Court Over Swollen Manhood / Paul Okoye Gists With His Son & Peter's Daughter (See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Entertainment News Gists by miztapheek(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
TONI PAYNE,OLAMIDE PART WAYS
The popular talent manager and estranged wife of popstar 9ice, Toni Payne has reportedly dropped young rapper oLamide from her Toni Payne Concept management outfit.Sources say Toni Payne allegedly terminated the management deal because she had once or twice caught the young rapper performing at shows without her consent. oLamide was said to have been collecting performance fees also.Reports stated that the last straw that broke the camel’s back was when the rapper was said to have attended a gig sponsored by Coca Cola alongside his record label mates at Coded Tunes after Payne had boycotted the show and instructed him not to go only to find out on Twitter that he indeed attended.‘I don’t want to talk about it. I won’t say anything about it’, Toni Payne said when asked for comments.Several attempts to reach OLamide himself proved abortive as his phone was answered by a certain Labo who claimed to be his manager. ‘No comment’, Labo said when he was confronted with the matter.OLamide who is signed to ID Cabasa’s Coded Tunes records and known for his street anthem ‘Eni duro’ released his debut work ‘Rapsodi’ in March 2011 and has received four nominations at the forthcoming The Headies awards.

FEMI KUTI AND DURELLA TO COLLABORATE ON UPCOMING SINGLE
Afrobeat maestro and iconic musician Femi Kuti has collaborated with pop act Durella on a song titled ‘Back to sender‘. Sources say Durella who had written the song about a month ago felt it needed someone other than himself on the track, he pitched the song to Femi Kuti who was at the time in Abuja and the saxophonist liked it. The song which, according to Durella’s manager Milez sounds like ‘a typical Durella song’ was recorded Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at Koga Studios, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.
Those present at the recording say Femi was happy to record the song and was heard to have said ‘It’s nice to do this, It has made me connect with the Nigerian youth again’. Durella recently signed on with new record label Ikonic Music and plans to release his third album ‘Back, Better and Bada‘ mid September.

OBIWON TO RELEASE SINGLE AUGUST 28
Secular musician turned urban gospel artiste Obiora Obiwon returns with three new singles from his forthcoming third album entitled “T.R2012”. T.R2012 poses to be the sequel to the successful 2009 sophomore “The Rebirth”.
He explains in his own words, “I felt I had so much to say and express musically on ‘The Rebirth’ which wasn’t said or heard enough, hence the urge to turn it up a notch and find more expression in a sequel”. The three singles “Follow You”, “Good To Me” and “F.a.t.h.e.r (Part 2)” are scheduled for release starting Sunday August 28th 2011. The song F.a.t.h.e.r (Part 2) gets reissued after it debuted late last year and was later pulled back due to the artiste’s unavailability while undergoing minor surgery. Musically, Obiwon experiments with a blend of electronic music over cultural rhythms and HipHop styles in varying degrees, while breathing his deepest convictions in raw forms over characteristically expressive vocals.Listeners and fans in Lagos can catch Obiwon on live interview to break the songs on the morning of Sunday the 28th with Freeze on Cool 96.9 Fm and with Yaw on 95.1 Wazobia Fm, as well as other radio schedules and fan give-aways within the issue week. Listeners across the globe will be able to stream and download the songs on major Nigerian music and entertainment sites. On his general musical path and future, the artiste introspectively affirms, “My greatest musical ambition is to be vehicle for music that speaks life and brings healing and can also be fun when required. I’m so thankful to have found the purpose of my own existence and gifting and I’m glad to continually give in to the higher calling”

DON JAZZY QUASHES ILLUMINATI TALK
Don Jazzy has reacted to a story that claimed he was a part of the Illuminati cult following the success of the 'Oliver' competition.The evidence in question is a video clip produced by the record label in which D’Banj, Don Jazzy, Dr Sid, Wande Coal and Bankulli dance like gay men to D’Banj's new hit single, 'Oliver Twist'. According Dr Zen Solonso, a Zen expert and an expert on everything Illuminati,who said he analysed the video and exposed all the supposed hidden Illuminati symbols in it. He said, ''one of the biggest objectives of the Illuminati is to turn everybody gay – this is why their known members like Kanye West, dress like gay men. It would be recalled that D’Banj and Don Jazzy have recently signed up to Kanye Wests’ record label.Dr Solonso also pointed out that in the group’s video Don Jazzy is wearing what looks like chequered trousers.“This alternating pattern of white and black squares is the Illuminati’s mind control method,” he said. Indeed, according to the expert, the song’s catchy tune and highly danceable sound is down to Don Jazzy’s pants.Dr Solonso also pointed out that at some point in the video the unidentified man walks across the camera, holding a red bag and what looks like an enchanted horn.Don Jazzy took offence with the spoof that called himself and the Mo'Hits team a new recruits into the Illuminati cult as he tweeted the following days ago on social networking site, Twitter: @DONJAZZY (Michael Collins) hahahahahaha this is the dumbest story i have ever read. guys pls read. i don laff tire its stories like this about me that makes me doubt that the shit exists in the first place.**hisssss**. instead of the idiot to say they want promo for their site. Who's d fool behind dat?! *SMH*

(1) (Reply)

Lady Denies Allegation Of Mercy Johnson's Daughter Being Bullied At School / Jim Iyke - Busted / 2face's Worth #450 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.