Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child (342 Views)

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? / A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? / "I Have Never Fallen Under Anointing Before, Is This Normal"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by ultim: 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
Religious teaching makes him break down at interval asking for forgiveness for conducts that are normal for a child, "will I go to hell fire?" "Will God forgive me?".
He cites his teacher as the person teaching them all that.
Another day, he becomes moody and after a while asks, "where do animals go when they die?". I once answered "nowhere cos they are animals",and he broke down again wailing this time, that he loves eagles. Why can't eagles go to heaven.
At some point I take these as child things but, could it be the teachers are taking religious education to a different dimension not suitable for children of certain school age?
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by etrange: 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2022
Isn't that what they call the fear of God?
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by illicit(m): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by brain54(m): 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
How old is he?
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by Romanoff(f): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
You as a parent should teach your child about God so they don't get diluted teaching from outside.

The teacher might have painted a fearful picture of hell for the children and listed the things that can take them there. While it's the Truth, a little child of that age might not understand it.

You can also encourage the teacher to teach them that God is willing to forgive us our sins if we confess them and repent. That God is a loving and forgiving father.
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
ultim:
Religious teaching makes him break down at interval asking for forgiveness for conducts that are normal for a child, "will I go to hell fire?" "Will God forgive me?".

Another day, he becomes moody and after a while asks, "where do animals go when they die?". I once answered "nowhere cos they are animals",and he broke down again wailing this time, that he loves eagles. Why can't eagles go to heaven.
At some point I take these as child things but, could it be the teachers are taking religious education to a different dimension not suitable for children of certain school age?
Could it be? undecided

Your child seems to be experiencing bouts of anxiety as a result of the nonsense his head is being filled with yet you are seem to care more about the teachers in this? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by kingxsamz(m): 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
Romanoff:
You as a parent should teach your child about God so they don't get diluted teaching from outside.

The teacher might have painted a fearful picture of hell for the children and listed the things that can take them there. While it's the Truth, a little child of that age might not understand it.

You can also encourage the teacher to teach them that God is willing to forgive us our sins if we confess them and repent. That God is a loving and forgiving father.

Encourage what? undecided so if they ask you what happens when they don't repent ko?
"Don't lie, don't steal or you'll go to hell fire".
How else do you want to put it? What better way do you want to paint the picture of everlasting punishment in a furnace that it won't traumatize kids?
You people keep traumatizing kids with your hell fire nonsense. Imagine a child going through all that.. suffering mentally from someone else's delusion.
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
Romanoff:

So basically, you are suggesting the parents teach the kids the very same lies the teachers are feeding the kids only somehow the parents are to magically make them sound less imposing? undecided
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Nov 27, 2022
Better take the child to a psychologist or a psychiatrist ASAP!

Soon the child maybe seeing things not present!
Re: Is This Normal For Primary 2 Child by LordReed(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2022
ultim:

This is religious trauma and it is damaging the child's psyche.

(1) (Reply)

My Dream This Morning / I Quit-i Am Done With My Life / Sharia Law Prohibits Kafirs From Visiting Mecca & The Kaaba - picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.