Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? (10129 Views)

Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? / Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? / Does Marriage Really Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by SPAMBOX7: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
I heard you could sign in the agreement the number of years you want to be married to your spouse. Once the years have exhausted you two can go your separate ways unless you want to sign another contract again. How true is this guys?

3 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by falcon01: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
That's for wealthy people.

22 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Emma2Seconds: 8:06am On Nov 27, 2022
Not done in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by HarlequinLekex: 9:40am On Nov 27, 2022
Contract marriage is good in this type of situation. When a lady [not really rich but not poor] marries a man from a Phd rich family, contract in the manner that if the lady wants to divorce the rich guy; the lady won't get any alimony as a result of the divorce. Some women will marry you because of your wealth, then divorce you and be receiving alimony and maintenance money they never worked for.

11 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by frozen70(f): 6:06am On Nov 28, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
I heard you could sign in the agreement the number of years you want to be married to your spouse. Once the years have exhausted you two can go your separate ways unless you want to sign another contract again. How true is this guys?

We in Nigeria don't practice such because of our culture and traditions

But instead of such, you can keep a baby mama
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by udede(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
I need a lady that want to go into contract marriage with me for some years. The aim is to have children but if along the line we realized that we are compatible enough to spend the rest of our lives together in love, then so be it.

I also need advice on this from people who are into it.

10 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Mitsurugi(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
Yes. Responsibility allotment, sex scheduling et al should be in black and white
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by EnglishUsa: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
That is the best thing that can happen to any man.. if you have any idea on how to go about that in Nigeria please do let me know because I am even looking forward to adopt children and quit this marriage of a thing. Marriage is overrated

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by BrokenCondom: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
Una dey put unnecessary attributes to marriage. In my own thoughts,
NEVER SIGN ANY DOCUMENTS BINDING YOU TOGETHER WITH SOMEONE'S INSECURITY. Born Pikin wey you fit care, if you can't nvm, nature will take care of your curse... if you are tired of someone, allow dem do their own, do your own. Let them go. Life just too easy, na we too difficult

11 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Dexy4yah(m): 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
undecided
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Blackmoran(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2023
Which questions is this most marriage is based on contract.....

1 Like

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Mrbenny001: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hmm..this could be very dangerous
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by veekid(m): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
Contract or no contract ooo, marriage na scam

2 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by socialmediaman: 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
udede:
I need a lady that want to go into contract marriage with me for some years. The aim is to have children but if along the line we realized that we are compatible enough to spend the rest of our lives together in love, then so be it.

I also need advice on this from people who are into it.

There’s something missing from your ad, what’s in it for her?

It seems you want children, you want their mother to take care of them, then you also want an exclusive relationship with their mother.

In essence, she provides your needs, as well as those of your children. She’s like a surrogate mother, but exclusively dedicated to you and her biological children

So what’s in it for her for her? Certainly not just an uncertain future of whether you both will remain married or not.

2 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Greenfaces: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2023
You must not marry an educated rich folk to be happy. You can marry an illiterate who is caring, nice, kind and well groomed. You will be happy. If you are tired of the entire feminist drama, then settle for women who are less attracted to the idea of raising shoulders or competing with you for the head of the home. You will be very happy and in effect she will be very happy.

I have seen the best graduating student if mechanical engineering in uniben one year, who got scholarships abroad and even very good job offers, you know what? His mom wasn't literate.
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Greenfaces: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
veekid:
Contract or no contract ooo, marriage na scam
its not. Trust me on this. Marry a good partner and your life will change. God bless you and your marriage

5 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Resetinc: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
People will just be twisting their life up and down …😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by APOPTOSIS: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
... Although since Divorce is an option, most marriages are already contracted out, however it's not just a Good one but a Fantastic idea. IF soccer players can be signed on contract, alongside other businesses, such be extended to marriage as well.

People shouldn't lose their lives simply because they pledged commitment but later reneged.
People shouldn't be woes unto others simply because of failed marital affirmation.

1 Like

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Nazgul: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Contract marriage is for extremely wealthy people. Janet Jackson made $200m from an Arab billionaire courtesy of the contract marriage she had with him.

Such can't occur in Nigeria because of our cultural and religious values.
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Sunkyapogee(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Try it with a Nigerian gal and experience the cheating of your life..
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by vincenteger: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
It would hardly work for Nigerians becos of the way we take marriage in Nigeria.
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by InvertedHammer: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
SPAMBOX7:

/

Every court marriage is a contract marriage enforceable by the government.

If in doubt, try to get a divorce. That's when most people realize what they signed. grin

/
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Femisol(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Agreement is agreement!!! Marriage is a big gamble so we need maximum frequency of sincerity

You Cheat bye bye
You start following stupid friends bye bye
You change all of a sudden after Marriage bye bye
You hide vital informations from me before marriage and I later got to know bye bye

Knowing some consequences makes life easy for both couples

1 Like

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Osanoghodua1: 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
It's against the principle of God. Anything that's against God is anti-Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Wizdom0091: 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
HarlequinLekex:
Contract marriage is good in this type of situation. When a lady [not really rich but not poor] marries a man from a Phd rich family, contract in the manner that if the lady wants to divorce the rich guy; the lady won't get any alimony as a result of the divorce. Some women will marry you because of your wealth, then divorce you and be receiving alimony and maintenance money they never worked for.

What you described is Pre-nuptial Agreement it is different par say from contract marriage unless the term "contract marriage" is used loosely but then again ALL forms of marriage is a contract I.e a social contract so to some extent a "contract marriage" is a marriage there is a pre-nuptial agreement/ante-nuptial agreement
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by eepeepook: 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2023
It makes sense. I’ve never heard of it before. It’s logical. Something of this sort would increase the rate of happiness adults experience in this country.

1 Like

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by udede(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
socialmediaman:

There’s something missing from your ad, what’s in it for her?

It seems you want children, you want their mother to take care of them, then you also want an exclusive relationship with their mother.

In essence, she provides your needs, as well as those of your children. She’s like a surrogate mother, but exclusively dedicated to you and her biological children

So what’s in it for her for her? Certainly not just an uncertain future of whether you both will remain married or not.
And you expect me to say everything here on nairaland abi ?
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by socialmediaman: 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2023
udede:

At least the incentives part, because you want to attract a lady, right? Abi you want people to read and pass?

1 Like

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by Mindlog: 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
udede:

What can you say here on Nairaland that would be scandalous?

1 Like

Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by udede(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
socialmediaman:

Yes because you want to attract a lady, right? Abi you want people to read and pass?
what is wrong with reading and passing when you have nothing important to say on a post for ladies ?
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by udede(m): 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
Mindlog:

What can you say here on Nairaland that would be scandalous?
"scandalous" ? Where did that come from ?
Re: Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? by ibawon(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
This brings to mind Janet Jackson's marriage with Wissam Al Mana

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smart Ways To Snatch Someone Husband!!!!!!!!!!!! / Wrong decision / Urgent Genuine Advise Needed! She Is Pregnant For Her Younger Sister's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.