Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Fake Tongues Exposed! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Tongues Exposed! (674 Views)

Church Members Beat Up Lagos Pastor For Speaking In Fake Tongues (photo) / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:37am On Nov 27, 2022
Fake Tongues Exposed!

Jesus said it was a sign that would follow those that believe.

Mark 16:17 (KJV)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

However this didn't take place immediately after Jesus had said this to His disciples, but only after the Holy Spirit had come upon them, and given them the utterance to speak in the new tongues.

Acts 2:4 (KJV)

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

So if the above passage is anything to go by, it's means that it's the Spirit of God that ought to give utterance for speaking in tongues by believers, not the flesh.

That therefore means that any tongues spoken by any believer without the utterance of the Spirit of God is nothing but fake tongues!

Any tongues spoken with the utterance of the flesh (personal effort) is fake!

If your spoken tongues has an input of 1% utterance of the flesh, it is 1% fake!

If it consist of 99% the utterance of the flesh, it is 99% percent fake!

The same goes if it's 100%!

Spoken tongues is supposed to be 100% the input or utterance of the Spirit of God!

That's what it was when tongues was first spoken in the church, so anything order than that falls short of the standard Jesus made it to be.

God bless.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:38am On Nov 27, 2022
One of the most misleading ideas about speaking in tongues today, is that it is speaking in an unknown language or a language that cannot be understood.

The instance of spoken tongues on the day of Pentecost proves this idea to be false as the tongues they spoke on that day as the Spirit of God gave them utterance was observed to have broken the language barrier, hence could be understood by all men of other tongues and tribes on Earth gathered there despite being spoken by Galileans. Acts 2:5-11.

That shouldn't be surprising since it's the Spirit of God who gave them utterances, hence being the source of all spirits, including that of all men, He should know how to speak the languages of men more than anyone else.

So He could decide to speak in a language that all men could understand as He did on that occasion. He could also decide to conceal the meaning of His message so that not all men would understand His language.

Moreover, being the One who created all things in the beginning, He could also decide to speak to His creation, for instance, the wind or the seas.

The Holy Spirit could also decide to speak to the powers of darkness. (It helped to cast out an evil spirit making someone in this forum to be depressed and suicidal. The demon had done everything he could to take her life but couldn't withstand the power in the utterances the Spirit gave, so it had no choice but finally flee after about ten years).

Also being the Spirit of God, He could also help men in their prayers and to communicate better with God their Creator.

He could also decide to use it as a means of communication with the person whom He gives the utterance. (That's one of the major ways God speaks to me, so the utterances of the Spirit of God also comes in a language I can understand).

The bottomline is, the Holy Spirit knows best what to do with His utterance than any human ever could, therefore it's best left to the Him to decide what He wants to do with His utterance, as was proven on the day of Pentecost the utterance He gave astonished all men of other languages and tongues who heard it, because they were able to hear Him speak in their own native tongues, and as a result, many souls were added to the church.

God bless.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:38am On Nov 27, 2022
Another false idea that has misled many about spoken tongues today is that the Holy Ghost needs men to contribute utterances from their flesh for them to able to speak in tongues.

I was one of those who was also misled by such man-made ideas in the church. I really believed that I could begin the process of speaking in tongues with personal effort and through the utterances of my flesh, so I would be speaking gibberish nonsense in the name of speaking in tongues. But thank God I was able to realize the falsehood and quit early enough before I reached a point of no return as was often the case.

Perhaps what helped me was that I saw what happened on the day of Pentecost and realized it was really different from what many in the church, including myself, were doing today, as they didn't have to contribute utterances from their flesh to be able to speak in tongues.

Also since i had committed as much as the apostles had done to follow Jesus, it just didn't make sense that after also paying the price, I would now have to start contributing utterances from my flesh to be able to also speak in tongues. I couldn't just settle for less than what they had.

Moreover it felt really fake and obvious that what I was doing had nothing to do with God. So I had to stop because i couldn't continue to deceive myself, but i said to the Spirit of God, who I wasn't really familiar with at the time, that I didn't know Him so I wasn't going to pretend that I did, and that I would stop trying to seek or chase Him, but would instead focus on the Word Of God and building myself in it in the meantime, so that whenever He was ready, He would come.

Although it took much longer than it did in the days of the apostles, but when it finally came, it came as a mighty rushing wind.

From gusts of wind in my lungs gushing out of my mouth, til the point now where I could literally hear the sound of a mighty rushing wind with my ears and feel its tangible movement all over my body.

I have come to learn as a result what the sound of a mighty rushing wind which they heard on the day of Pentecost was.

It was Breath of God, because God's Breath is His Spirit, so they could literally hear the sound and feel the movement of God breathing on that day.

It was God breathing into their lungs and nostrils on that day the Breath of life, just as He did in the beginning and turned lifeless man into a living soul.

That's the Breath that was coming out of their mouths as they spoke in tongues.

That's why it also had the ability to break the language barrier, which no man has but God!

That's why it's important to wait for the utterance of the Spirit of God.

God bless.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2022
One area the utterance of the Spirit of God makes a glaring difference is in that of soul winning as was proven on the day of Pentecost.

That's because it has the ability to break barriers which were impossible for the utterance of the flesh to surmount.

While it broke the language barrier on the day of Pentecost, it also broke the distance barrier while I was preaching the Gospel here in this forum.

I was preaching and calling a Nairalander to repentance via a post, at the same time while doing that, I was yet speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gave utterance.

Although the Nairalander couldn't see or hear me speaking as it happened on the day of Pentecost, the Breath of the Holy Ghost was yet able to reach the person wherever he was on the face of this planet, to the extent that he could sense that I was praying. He could feel that Breath of God moving upon his body while reading my post.

That compelled him to "repent fully" in his own words. That was how the Spirit of God via His utterance brought a Nairalander (soul) to repentance just as He did on the day of Pentecost.

When a well-known NL atheist came to Christ through my ministry in just a couple of months of my being here, many Christians here were envious and thought it was a fluke. What they didn't know however was that I had paid the price for the Holy Spirit to use me to achieve such results that hitherto appeared impossible with men.

Do they know what it means to wait for the utterance of the Spirit of God for 10 years among other things?

When the Holy Spirit finally comes, He would ensure that we're distinguished from those who refused to wait for Him.

God bless.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2022
Imagine where so-called Christians would go to the extent of writing some words in a piece of paper and ask someone to memorize it to speak in tongues as someone shared on a related thread a few weeks back? That's should illustrate how lost and desperately blind such ones were to the truth, that they can't even see gravity of such error.

https://www.nairaland.com/7385660/proliferation-unknown-tongues-modern-gospel#117601788

It was relieving though to see that there were yet those who have refuse to succumb or be intimidated by them, as she stood her ground regardless of how much they tried to pressure her into following suit, hence i commended her for that.

What I said to her, I would say to everyone else who is saved or even truly born-again as I was, but not yet been given the utterance to speak in tongues, do not begin to speak in fake tongues as they do in the name of praying in the Spirit. It's only a waste of time because the Spirit of God is not the Spirit of lies but the Spirit of Truth, therefore continue to pray in truth from your heart in the meantime, because God hears such prayers, and at the end you would be more justified in the sight of God than they.

God bless.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by SuperWriter(f): 7:42am On Nov 27, 2022
When will you guys stop confusing us?

Pastors say we should speak in tongue, you are saying it is wrong. Who should we believe?

Btw, in case anyone needs a quality content writer, kindly check my signature for contact.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Nov 27, 2022
SuperWriter:
When will you guys stop confusing us?

Pastors say we should speak in tongue, you are saying it is wrong. Who should we believe?

Btw, in case anyone needs a quality content writer, kindly check my signature for contact.
I'm saying it's wrong to speak in fake tongues but feel free to continue if you choose.

I used to do so myself but i chose not to continue. Now i speak in tongues but not fake tongues.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2022
This is one area this church must needs get it right if it wants to be used by the Spirit of God to showcase His power as He did in those days.

God bless.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by immortalcrown(m): 8:06am On Nov 27, 2022
So, there are now humans who are scientists or philosophers in speaking in tongues. shocked

Some people who don't speak in tongues are more Christ-like than those who even use speaking in tongues at village meetings.

I am not saying speaking in tongues is unnecessary. But it doesn't worth the noise Church goers make about it.

I remember years ago when a Church taught me that speaking in tongues is the most powerful prayer against evil forces because those forces cannot decode and stop the prayer from reaching God's ear. But I know people who have been speaking tongues for more than 10 years without improvement in their business, no promotion in office, some are even unmarried till date. With the speaking in tongues, they are jumping from one Church to another while those who don't speak in tongues prosper and do several thanksgiving in Church.
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by AntiChristian: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2022
grin
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by malvisguy212: 8:17am On Nov 27, 2022
the primary function of the Holy spirit is to make us Holy and not to give us gift ( gift of tongue) When Paul wrote to the Christians in Corinth, who were mistaking speaking in tongues for the power of the Holy Spirit, he said, "When I come into your midst, I am not just going to listen to your testimonies or to your speech (whether in a known language or an unknown), but I am going to see whether there is any power in your lives. For the kingdom of God and the Holy Spirit is manifested not in mere words but in power" 1 Corinthians 4:19-20

If people are speaking in tongues, and others do not know what they are saying, how does that benefit them? Will speaking in tongues today really convert an unbeliever?
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by Bahamas95(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2022
They now teach people how to speak in tongues in churches, most especially one church wey their daddy G.O dey fry hair........Those people can form eh!

1 Like

Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by LordReed(m): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
One of the most misleading ideas about speaking in tongues today, is that it is speaking in an unknown language or a language that cannot be understood.

The instance of spoken tongues on the day of Pentecost proves this idea to be false as the tongues they spoke on that day as the Spirit of God gave them utterance was observed to have broken the language barrier, hence could be understood by all men of other tongues and tribes on Earth gathered there despite being spoken by Galileans. Acts 2:5-11.

Do you know of any one who has displayed this gift as you hold it to be?
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:05am On Dec 04, 2022
Bahamas95:
They now teach people how to speak in tongues in churches, most especially one church wey their daddy G.O dey fry hair........Those people can form eh!
They wrote it on a piece of paper for someone to memorize. It's that bad.

https://www.nairaland.com/7385660/proliferation-unknown-tongues-modern-gospel#117601788
Re: Fake Tongues Exposed! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2022
Stop the falsehood!

(1) (Reply)

Its New Year And Here Are Its Sms / Which Is The True Judgement? / The Reason For The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.