Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? (5058 Views)

Who Is The Best Programmer? / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Who Is The Best Programmer In Nigeria/world? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hi folks, just wanna ask,

Who is the best programmer in nairaland?

You comments and nominations are welcomed. I am starting this because there are alot of self acclaimed programmers here that keep talking and speaking languages that people like us dont understand and end up making us consistently say "wow". Well, its time to know the best of the best and if you are nominating yourself, don't tell us that you have programmed heaven and earth, show us your work(s). If you are nominating someone else, tell us why you think that person is that so good.

Cheers. cool
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Fayimora(m): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2011
I must warn that once this topic takes the very first bad turn, am going to have to lock it before people start killing themselves cyberly!
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
I was thinking you would be the first to nominate yourself. You join those wen dey speak programming language eg algorithms (or whatever the spelling is), coding, java, php, dhd, blah blah blah etc wen person nor dey understand grin

Still waiting for nominees cool
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Fayimora(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
Nominate myself? hahahaha dats the last thing i would do!
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by okeyxyz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
Fayimora:

I must warn that once this topic takes the very first bad turn, am going to have to lock it before people start killing themselves cyberly!

fayimora, u seem to have a habit of jumping at the slightest of opportunities to threaten people on this forum from engaging in free discourse. i have come upon this posturings [/b]of yours on several occasions and it's really annoying, all in the name of moderating.
[b]This is not moderating, it's bullying, and abuse of position
For someone who lives in the UK, i'd expect you to know how to temper your language.
pls moderate your manner of speech(typing).

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Fayimora(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
okeyxyz:

fayimora, u seem to have a habit of jumping at the slightest of opportunities to threaten people on this forum from engaging in free discourse. i have come upon this posturings [/b]of yours on several occasions and it's really annoying, all in the name of moderating.
[b]This is not moderating, it's bullying, and abuse of position
For someone who lives in the UK, i'd expect you to know how to temper your language.
pls moderate your manner of speech(typing).

This is the first thread that am actually warning before hand. You probably want to check other threads before saying anything! There is a great difference between free discussion and fighting/insulting and I was told to lock threads that that dont abide. Also you have posted this wrongly and am gonna have to delete your post as its completely off topic! You should know that u rarely see a mod on NL that actually warns! They just do their jobs without questions.
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
this is a dumb thread,programming is not about competition i hate that mindset
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2011
Its about looking for the best. Ok, i nominate *dhtml. He designed something called a framework (i dont know jack about it) and it looks promising from the gists i hear here. Also, he knows a lot of programming jargons.
By the way, if programmin is not a competition, there wouldnt be "codejam" or d one currently being organized by christ embassy.
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
its just that threads like this usually ends up in argument.
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Mobinga: 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2011
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 26, 2011
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by worldbest(m): 4:58am On Aug 27, 2011
Na wa o. I nominate myself because I know CSS2. What a thread for pikins.
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 27, 2011
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by worldbest(m): 7:28am On Aug 27, 2011
omo_to_dun:

You do realize that by replying to this thread you have implicitly labeled yourself a pikin. Welcome to the club of guru programmers who, mostly, have no work to show for such a claim.

Hmm, I'm no guru and not a pikin. Nairaland programmers are not gurus yet as far as they've got nothing to show. But there are good ones. grin
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 8:25am On Aug 27, 2011
@omo_to_dun, why are you nominating beaf? Is it cos he knows how to argue? Or better still give us some details or a link so we can see what he has done.

Programmers for NL too get mouth and we have really not seen anythin they have done. Not even a free (or paid) software that we can enjoy, or even a nice website for the public. Hmmm.
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Slyr0x: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2011
I really dunnot see what the OP is driving at by opening this thread. undecided angry
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Mobinga: 11:51am On Aug 27, 2011
@databoy, I have a nice website for the public, http://ntwyt.com grin
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2011
@ mobinga, cool!!

You are my second nominee.

My aim of starting this thread is cos am tired of hearing all u self acclaimed programmers blabbing with various programming languages. Earn the respect you so deserve by showing us your works. If i see your works, hell, i can confidently recommend you to Mr president. Globally, programmers are well respected.
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Slyr0x: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2011
If you have a job for the "supposed" best, then t'woulda made more sense. . .but this. . . .
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Fayimora(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2011
databoy247:

@ mobinga, cool!!

You are my second nominee.

My aim of starting this thread is cos am tired of hearing all u self acclaimed programmers blabbing with  various programming languages. Earn the respect you so deserve by showing us your works. If i see your works, hell, i can confidently recommend you to Mr president. Globally, programmers are well respected.

Lemme guess, you know nothing about programming or you are a n00b. Hmmm am not surprised.

A few questions for you:

--> Your blabbing about making something for the public, do you really think everyone has the time to manage such? I have developed 5 websites now trust me I don't even have the time to manage my own personal site(if u think am jokin check the last time i managed it). I have others things to do! Now how do you want such a person to have time for a public site that you supposedly want to 'enjoy'.

--> This is more of a suggestion. How about you go learn how to develop soft/web and i would see what you can develop in 5yrs! Am not undermining you but you won't understand if you aren't in that place.

--> Do you really think that if a developer doesn't develop something for the public then he ain't good? Not all developers develop for the public at 'random'. From my time on NL I believe most NL programmers develop for themselves. Learning new stufs, developing utilities to help them some way or the other.

On a final note, you said you nominate *dhtml and your reason is because 'He designed something called a framework (i dont know jack about it) and it looks promising from the gists i hear here'! Really? lmaoo please no offence to *dhtml just that your reason is funny!

Wouldn't wanna say who the best programmer on Nl is but i have MY best programmers! I don't pick best programmers because they developed one software or the other!

OK here we go, list is random pls

1 -> omo_to_dun.
2 -> Mobinga
3 -> dell_net
4 -> Beaf
5 -> segsalerty (currently offline on NL, busy with something!)
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Dolemite(f): 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
I nominate my man mobinga.
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by Mobinga: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
Abeg oh. I'm a novice. A wannabe one at that. cry
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by ektbear: 5:59am On Aug 28, 2011
Why not just settle the debate on topcoder or another one of those competitive programming sites?
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by okeyxyz(m): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why not just settle the debate on [b]topcoder [/b]or another one of those competitive programming sites?

thanks for posting the site topcoder. just checked it out. very interesting and will serve as motivation to some ppl. do u have more of these sites?
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2011
@mobinga, na you dey reign oh
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by prodam(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
the basis of nomination is not acceptable,
winning elections on the pages of newspaper is what i call this
Also, this is the internet, i as a programmer can make you think i am a medical doctor on any forum, its just common sense,
soo, the OP is creative but the idea lacks the necessary conviction
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by authurowen(m): 6:38am On Aug 30, 2011
I wouldn't say I'm the best on here , I'll just ask who is better?
I've been to organized competitions here in Canada and I guess my reputation will show for it.

so I'm just saying, Who thinks he's better.
BTW, we could organize some sort of online time constrained challenge with interested competitors(reply me if you're interested).
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by naijaswag1: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2011
can anyone in this section boost of his programming acumen on topcoder,if am gonna have any respect for anyone here,go hack facebook puzzles and then you tell me why you didnt win google codejam africa 2011 and why you were not in japan for the world finals.you guys should go and learn your algorithms before you can begin to look for who is the best.

rank yourself with this page
http://sixrevisions.com/resources/10-puzzle-websites-to-sharpen-your-programming-skills/
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2011
Shekinah
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by TJX(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
I am one of the best programmer on Nairaland smiley
Re: Who Is The Best Programmer In Nairaland? by databoy247(m): 11:47am On Sep 01, 2011
TJX:

I am one of the best programmer on Nairaland smiley

you are just looking for some attention.

(1) (2) (Reply)

VR (virtual Reality) Developer / How To Send SMS Using Asp.net/vb.net / Bells University Wins Computer Programming Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.