Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum (324 Views)

How Biafra Will Loose In a Referendum / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum by KwaraRat: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2022
By referendum , I am referring to the Igbo claims of Igboid peoples scattered in the Niger Delta.

If today a referendum is granted for these islands of Igboid settlements on the Biafran question and it is returned overwhelming to the negative , will this put an end to Igbo territorial expansionism beyond the core Igbo region ?

I for one will attempt to present both an answer to the referendum and also the Igbo response to it.

The Igboid people will not accede to joining Biafra .

I state this categorically because there has not been any attempt by these Igboid people to be captured under an Igbo banner and these people always make an emphasis in distinguishing themselves from the larger Igbo body.

Even during the war, these Igboid people (especially those in present day Rivers) formed the bulk of resistance to Biafra .

So how would the Igbos react to such rejection ?

They will not relent and will rather double down and do what they did in 1967 and invade these territories by force similar to how Zelensky has ignored the plebescite and truce agreement in eastern Ukraine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum by Tinububalls: 10:51am On Nov 27, 2022
Please where can I buy Indian cocoyam?

Re: Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum by KwaraRat: 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
Tinububalls:
Please where can I buy Indian cocoyam?

Your time is up .

You will forever return back to your OSU category which you were supposed to be placed under after the war.
Re: Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum by Tinububalls: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2022
KwaraRat:

Your time is up .

You will forever return back to your OSU category which you were supposed to be placed under after the war.
Deprive a fool attention, and watch him wail to depression.
Re: Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum by KwaraRat: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
Tinububalls:

Deprive a fool attention, and watch him wail to depression.

No going back on your OSU recategorization

Its long overdue and should have been done by Gowon instead he tried to rebrand you as repented humans when you still remain savages.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This Not Blasphemy / #atikuorganizingforaction / AAX Users Storm Crypto Exchange's Nigerian Offices, Attack Employees (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.