Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe (858 Views)

Fact Check: Did INEC Record The Same Results For Bauchi And Gombe States? / Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari / Domestic Refinery Owners Support Oil Subsidy Removal – National Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by ganisucks(f): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate in the 2023 general election, Mr. Peter Obi, has stated that his administration, if voted into office, would support any initiative that would improve the economy of Nigeria.

Obi stated this in a statement where he denied a statement credited to him in a section of the media that he was opposed to the initiative to commence crude oil exploration in Bauchi and Gombe States, describing the report as a ‘fake news’.

In a statement made available to LEADERSHIP by the Head of Media of Obi-Datti Campaign Organisation, Diran Onifade, on Sunday, the Labour Party presidential hopeful stated that except the statement he made at the venue of his campaign rally in Ibadan, Oyo State during his recent outing to the city which was widely reported by the media, he did not grant interview to any journalist on the sidelines.

The statement, which described the report that Obi was opposed to the oil exploration in the North-East as a deliberate mischief by the opponents of LP presidential candidate, to demarket him in the North-East and North-West regions of the country ahead of the 2023 presidential poll, however, declared that the plot would fail.

Titled, “Peter Obi Supports North-East Oil Find”, the statement read: “Our attention has been drawn to the false information mischievously attributed to the Presidential Candidate of Labour Party Mr Peter Obi portraying him as being opposed to the commencement of crude oil exploration in Bauchi and Gombe States.

“The fake news deliberately targeted at the North East and North West regions of the country claimed that Mr. Obi made the statement in an interview in Ibadan, Oyo State where he addressed a rally on Wednesday, 23 November, 2022.

“We hereby State categorically that apart from his campaign speech which has been widely reported Mr Obi did not speak with any journalist while in Ibadan.

“He has also not had the cause to make any reference to the oil find in the North East at any time.

“Peter Obi is supportive of any endeavour aimed at improving the economic fortunes of Nigeria. He has stated time and again that his plan for Nigeria’s economic turnaround rests substantially on the vast land of the North.

“He therefore urges all Nigerians to regard the fake news as another ploy by desperate political principalities to hold on to the last straw as they are clearly about to lose their stranglehold on the people and resources of our dear country.”

https://leadership.ng/i-am-supportive-of-oil-discovery-in-north-east-says-peter-obi/

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by immortalcrown(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Like say oil dey North.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by God1000(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Oil in the Northern Nigeria, how do we know if this is true

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by ganisucks(f): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mr President, with due respect, I wholly disagree with you. The Mungo Park oil discovery project in the north east is nothing more than a white elephant wizard of Oz wild goose chase project. It's a scam and nothing more. There's no oil in the north, there never has, and there never will be.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by Aufbauh(m): 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
What is that olodo Pitopi saying?
Does he really has any option not to support it?
Who's even asking a joker like pitopi such question that bothers on national interest? Smh!.

A man who has no solution to Anambra challenges for eight years is being fraudulently packaged & egged on by headless mob to contest the presidential election of this great country. What an audacity of mediocrity!

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
All of us support it and will be glad to have it.

But I can tell all of you clearly it was just an election strategy. Those who doubt should be bold enough to reply us when we remind them in the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by Oksman(m): 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
Aufbauh:
Who's even asking a joker like pitopi such question that bothers on national interest? Smh!.

A man has no solution to Anambra challenges for eight years is being fraudulently packaged & egged on by headless mob to contest the presidential election of this great country.

A neighbor Pa Shina once told me that children only throw stones at ripe mangoes.
Did you read the article before commenting? You guys are full of vile. I wonder how you sleep at night. Well why should I worry myself over your wahala. What is wrong in PO aspiration? Is he not a Nigerian? When OBJ and Yar'Adua contested for the presidency did the Igbos not support them? Please tone down your hatred for them and always remember that "hating is more injurious to the hater than the hated"
Martin Luther King.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by yyba: 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mumu man do you have any option apert from supporting
Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by BATified2023: 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
If e no support am wetin him father wan do?

He better support n enjoy his fame till when he will lose n nnamdi kanu will become d beautiful bride again

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by BATified2023: 11:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
Oksman:

A neighbor Pa Shina once told me that children only throw stones at ripe mangoes.
Did you read the article before commenting? You guys are full of vile. I wonder how you sleep at night. Well why should I worry myself over your wahala. What is wrong in PO aspiration? Is he not a Nigerian? When OBJ and Yar'Adua contested for the presidency did the Igbos not support them? Please tone down your hatred for them and always remember that "hating is more injurious to the hater than the hated"
Martin Luther King.
we are giving u igbos d energy u gave us

We never hated u before,we see u as our brother but your actions n comments during nnamdi kanu madness gave u out that u hate us n also this Peter obi campaign which is more of a personal vendetta against Yoruba n tinubu have exposed u igbos more

We will hate u more than u have even hate us,now we know your mind towards us n we promise to give u double

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by BATified2023: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
ganisucks:
Mr President, with due respect, I wholly disagree with you. The Mungo Park oil discovery project in the north east is nothing more than a white elephant wizard of Oz wild goose chase project. It's a scam and nothing more. There's no oil in the north, there never has, and there never will be.
u igbos will keep crying fire when others are moving

Tell me one thing igbos add to d economy of Nigeria?

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by femisplash: 12:10am On Nov 28, 2022
The statement, which described the report that Obi was opposed to the oil exploration in the North-East as a deliberate mischief by the opponents of LP presidential candidate, to demarket him in the North-East and North-West regions of the country ahead of the 2023 presidential poll, however, declared that the plot would fail.

The fear of Almajiri is the beginning of wisdom

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by FreeStuffsNG: 12:24am On Nov 28, 2022
This excuse is clearly an after-thought but still done half-heartedly by him because Mr Obi does not have the emotional connection with that life long aspiration of Gombe and Bauchi states.

On that same day the great Nigerians of Bauchi and Gombe states were celebrating, he was quoted again defending his backers; unpatriotic Igbo elements in ipob terrorist group while his ipob terrorist group members and other southern bigots were mocking Northerners.

Not even HE Atiku was that careless to let such epoch making moment go without congratulating those 2 states.

Bauchi and Gombe should accept his explanation but not believe him. They want continuity and expansion of the project, only Asiwaju Tinubu can keep his word and bring real prosperity to those two states.

Gombe and Bauchi will vote Asiwaju Tinubu. HE Obi , your excuse is noted sir.

Asiwaju Tinubu is the best among all the candidates. He is the most brilliant, the most patriotic and most competent of all the candidates. That is why we will elect him to be Nigeria's next President.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by Greatkenny2: 12:36am On Nov 28, 2022
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=118735340]This excuse is clearly an after-thought but still done half-heartedly by him because Mr Obi does not have the emotional connection with that life long aspiration of Gombe and Bauchi states.

On that same day the great Nigerians of Bauchi and Gombe states were celebrating, he was quoted again defending his backers; unpatriotic Igbo elements in ipob terrorist group while his ipob terrorist group members and other southern bigots were mocking Northerners.

Not even HE Atiku was that careless to let such epoch making moment go without congratulating those 2 states.

Bauchi and Gombe should accept his explanation but not believe him. They want continuity and expansion of the project, only Asiwaju Tinubu can keep his word and bring real prosperity to those two states.

Gombe and Bauchi will vote Asiwaju Tinubu. HE Obi , your excuse is noted sir.

Asiwaju Tinubu is the best among all the candidates. He is the most brilliant, the most patriotic and most competent of all the candidates. That is why we will elect him to be Nigeria's next President.[/quote)
Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by aariwa(m): 1:02am On Nov 28, 2022
Always 5 steps ahead of enemies of a United and prosperous Nigeria. 2023 elections will be the obituary of the old order which Agbado , mikano and their supporters represent. Obi is the God ordained next president of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by tuborme: 4:07am On Nov 28, 2022
Front page
Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by Aufbauh(m): 4:15am On Nov 28, 2022
Oksman:

Martin Luther King.

Some ripe fruits are shot down not out of a desire for consumption but because there are rotten, hence unwanted among the rest.

I'm not surprise by your negative complexity and warp logic as Soludo rightly put it as an 'emotive nsogbu nsogbu political dance'. Everyone must think alike and there shouldn't be dissent or criticism.

If you're an intuitive clever person you should have gone into retrospection and ask why there's so much antagonism and animosity for an Igbo candidate rather than jumping into the fray of whinnying.

As a wise man Isaac Newton rightly asserted that "actions and reactions are equal and opposite".
Even the scripture counseled that we should not be deceive that God is not mock, for whatsoever a man sow such shall he reap.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 28, 2022
Nice
Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by waterpouroverfl: 5:52am On Nov 28, 2022
Vv
Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by Bontafa: 7:46am On Nov 28, 2022
Aufbauh:

A man who has no solution to Anambra challenges for eight years is being fraudulently packaged & egged on by headless mob to contest the presidential election of this great country. What an audacity of mediocrity!

Wailing wailer.

Swagger swagger ginger the bontafa

Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by MasterJayJay: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2022
The urchins are using fake news to target the ignorant ones. But they must fail. Any agenda to return PDAPC to power must fail.

More discovery will make some northern senators/rep to push for higher percentage for derivation for states and host communities.
Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by MasterJayJay: 8:02am On Nov 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Asiwaju Tinubu is the best among all the candidates. He is the most brilliant, the most patriotic and most competent of all the candidates. That is why we will elect him to be Nigeria's next President.

Babablu Bluublu bulabu is the best?
Get your APV to vote?
PVC has expiry date?
God bless PDAPC is a prayer?

Someone that doesn't appreciate statistics is brilliant?

Chai!! BAT is definitely hoping that ignorant illiterates will vote for him.
Re: Peter Obi: I Support Oil Discovery In Bauchi And Gombe by Idiko1: 8:03am On Nov 28, 2022
BATified2023:
we are giving u igbos d energy u gave us

We never hated u before, we see u as our brother but your actions n comments during nnamdi kanu madness gave u out that u hate us n also this Peter obi campaign which is more of a personal vendetta against Yoruba n tinubu have exposed u igbos more

We will hate u more than u have even hate us,now we know your mind towards us n we promise to give u double

What an idiotic vomit. In1967, Yoruba joined northern region of Nigeria in a war march to eastern region to kill as many Ndigbo as possible.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Most Bus And Tricycle Riders Against A Peter Obi Presidency? / Is This Really True Guys That The Two Continent Are One Before? / APC And El-rufai Continue To Heap Insults On Northern Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.