Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 (17649 Views)

Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 / South Korea Vs Ghana: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (2 - 3) On 28th Nov 2022 / Argentina Vs Saudi Arabia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 2) On 22nd Nov 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Reference(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

Don't get me wrong sir, I respect Brazil so far... They remain one of my top contenders for the trophy!

However, I can't help but note some elements of weaknesses in the team set up which I feel haven't been exploited yet by a proper attacking team!

I like to be proven wrong Sha!!!

Brazil Vs France/Spain final or Semi-final still remains what I look forward to!

Brazil is still not playing to their capacity. You can see it.
This team is completely comfortable on the ball which is the sign of a good team.
It is not as if Serbia or Switzerland don't want to attack but they know the consequences of devastating counter attacks from a Brazilian forward line with serious pace now that Neymar is out.
They may not win the cup, afterall this is the world cup but the team that will beat them will have to play out of their skin.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Starz825(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

Portugal destroyed this swizz team 5.1 in July in the nations league
You dey mind them
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by jaxxy(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
WibusJaga:
Cameroon fit still quality if they can beat Brazil & Serbia wins Switz 1-0. cool

Beat Brazil abi? Mission impossible

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by itsene: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
How many ex- Super Eagles are watching the games with Pinnik as potential coaches?
Food for thought for a vision-less NFF.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Veezy4u(m): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

Even Spain go run them street...!

They are really not as solid as I earlier thought.
de way dem run Germany Abicheesy
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Reference(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

Don't get me wrong sir, I respect Brazil so far... They remain one of my top contenders for the trophy!

However, I can't help but note some elements of weaknesses in the team set up which I feel haven't been exploited yet by a proper attacking team!

I like to be proven wrong Sha!!!

Brazil Vs France/Spain final or Semi-final still remains what I look forward to!

This is a team that will surely make the finals.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Jessewizy(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2022
Starz825:

Same reason i said you just dey watch football yesterday..cos there was no world cup year Brazil didn't have the Best in every position ... infact they go in every world cup as favorite but they ended up being dumped out ...like in the last 4 world cups....
Abegii
SMH
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Angelfrost(m): 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2022
Reference:

Brazil is still not playing to their capacity. You can see it.
This team is completely comfortable on the ball which is the sign of a good team.
It is not as if Serbia or Switzerland don't want to attack but they know the consequences of devastating counter attacks from a Brazilian forward line with serious pace now that Neymar is out.
They may not win the cup, afterall this is the world cup but the team that will beat them will have to play out of their skin.

I hope you are right...

I really need them to be at their very best! Last 2 world cups were horribly disappointing from them.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Germanhunter(m): 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2022
Starz825:

Same reason i said you just dey watch football yesterday..cos there was no world cup year Brazil didn't have the Best in every position ... infact they go in every world cup as favorite but they ended up being dumped out ...like in the last 4 world cups....
Abegii

Why this negativity about Brazil ..las 4 World Cup yen yen yen .. wetyn Brazil do you na .. oya we don hear Brazil go ja..e don do
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Angelfrost(m): 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2022
Veezy4u:
de way dem run Germany Abicheesy

Germany get luck na! cool
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Angelfrost(m): 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2022
WibusJaga:
Cameroon fit still quality if they can beat Brazil & Serbia wins Switz 1-0. cool

Okay... That's not funny at all! I wonder why I'm laughing! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by webizone(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

Because dem beat swizz 1.0... swizz wey no follow for top 10 European teams
France
Germany
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Italy
England
Holland
Denmark
Sweden
Swizz

I know what I am saying. This Brazil is different. Infact, the way they are playing is not the type of play they usually play. They have skillful players which helps, but the emphasis is no longer on skills. They play like this:

No matter the team before us, how can we solve this team. How can we beat this team in 90 mins without them having a chance. How can we nullify their strengths while simultaneously unlocking their weaknesses.

Infact, it's this reason that teams playing against them, spend the whole match closing out their weaknesses instead of playing positive football.

Spain did something like that in 2010. But their own was one size fits all, they hold on to the ball the whole match, so you don't play. They get to do all the playing and if they score against you, forget it, they have won. See eh, in 2010, Netherlands was stronger than Spain but, Spain had a strategy.

So, for all the teams you are calling, I say, bring them on. I for one would love a rematch with France. It would be one of the best matches in this tournament. I assure you.

The only weakness I am seeing in this Brazilian side is if they have a single lapse in concentration, thereby allowing their opponent to score and lock up.

OR

Their opponent just take a lucky shot and scores then they lock up and Brazil can't score them.

Otherwise...

They are good.

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by tiswell(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2022
casemero to score:9.00

e sure die!!

thank you oluwa!
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by 2O22(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2022
itsene:
How many ex- Super Eagles are watching the games with Pinnik as potential coaches?
Food for thought for a vision-less NFF.

Pinnick is no longer the NFF president, give the man a break.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Seunfretty: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2022
Imagine some people saying Switzerland isn't good... Switzerland is one of the most compact and deadly up rising team in Europe...today Neymar didn't play and it's just like a blessing in disguise which most people won't believe...today Brazil looked more solid and they lost lesser possession going forward....why?....cos Neymar didn't play ofcourse....Neymar is a deadly player no doubt but his goodies of creativity comes also with loads of dispossession ...although he get the team fouls but sometimes u need the progressive ball retention and possession than the petty fouls....and if you are still doubting Brazil's quality and how much they are a contender in this game ...then look at their tactical set up today ...on paper they were a 4-3-3 team but on the pitch they looked more like a 2-5-3...with Tiago and maquinhos in the center ...militia was pushed slightly in front of them also a little to the right 2 add to the legs they have in-between...the Casemiro and Fred was played. In front. ..this i believe was to short out Swizz i counter ..and even with this they still played well and looked even more solid...once again ...write Brazil off this world cup at ur own peril!!
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by webizone(m): 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2022
Starz825:

Brazil no go see semi final....
Their end road we all know: quarter final

Only unlucky misses or concessions that can cause that....or penalty shootout knockout.

But open play? Nada.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by webizone(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2022
webizone:

I know what I am saying. This Brazil is different. Infact, the way they are playing is not the type of play they usually play. They have skillful players which helps, but the emphasis is no longer on skills. They play like this:

No matter the team before us, how can we solve this team. How can we beat this team in 90 mins without them having a chance. How can we nullify their strengths while simultaneously unlocking their weaknesses.

Infact, it's this reason that teams playing against them, spend the whole match closing out their weaknesses instead of playing positive football.

Spain did something like that in 2010. But their own was one size fits all, they hold on to the ball the whole match, so you don't play. They get to do all the playing and if they score against you, forget it, they have won. See eh, in 2010, Netherlands was stronger than Spain but, Spain had a strategy.

So, for all the teams you are calling, I say, bring them on. I for one would love a rematch with France. It would be one of the best matches in this tournament. I assure you.

The only weakness I am seeing in this Brazilian side is if they have a single lapse in concentration, thereby allowing their opponent to score and lock up.

OR

Their opponent just take a lucky shot and scores then they lock and Brazil can't score them.

Otherwise...

They are good.

Another thing I forgot to add is, the way Brazil is playing, do you know that they can beat any big team in this world cup without Neymar?
That's what I meant by their style of play. Of course, having Neymar in such a match makes it easier and more assured.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Ebuzzylink(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2022
I doubt it france and crtia
NJyoruba12:

Brazil will win this tournament
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by obinna58(m): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2022
WibusJaga:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Softmirror: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
webizone:

You were saying?

....Guy, Brazil is the team to beat. It's not about attack. There are the most game intelligent right now.
NOTHING FOR THIS BRAZIL. ALL NAH OVER HYPE! SENTIMENTS APART.

grin
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
patoski39:
Serbia and cameroun just mumuly go cut my 2nd half highest scoring half wey person for take hold body sad
Make we see your betslip whether other matches no cut.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by webizone(m): 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2022
Seunfretty:
Imagine some people saying Switzerland isn't good... Switzerland is one of the most compact and deadly up rising team in Europe...today Neymar didn't play and it's just like a blessing in disguise which most people won't believe...today Brazil looked more solid and they lost lesser possession going forward....why?....cos Neymar didn't play ofcourse....Neymar is a deadly player no doubt but his goodies of creativity comes also with loads of dispossession ...although he get the team fouls but sometimes u need the progressive ball retention and possession than the petty fouls....and if you are still doubting Brazil's quality and how much they are a contender in this game ...then look at their tactical set up today ...on paper they were a 4-3-3 team but on the pitch they looked more like a 2-5-3...with Tiago and maquinhos in the center ...militia was pushed slightly in front of them also a little to the right 2 add to the legs they have in-between...the Casemiro and Fred was played. In front. ..this i believe was to short out Swizz i counter ..and even with this they still played well and looked even more solid...once again ...write Brazil off this world cup at ur own peril!!

Exactly, guy. They have a counter for your counter. So, how you wan take come out? Na to sit down make dem no score pass enough. grin grin

The scoreline reads 1-0 no be because they no fit score more. It's just the end analysis of the game. And you know what? The same players are fit to play tomorrow!
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by OJEEMAH(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2022
motionarena:

Talking rubbish.
You think France will have it easy against this swiss teams that defends like hell
If I remember correctly, this Swiss team defeated France on penalties in the round of 16 of Euro2020…… they were 3-1 down around 70mins in that game but they later dragged the game to extra time and won

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by olumzzz(m): 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2022
coded01:
Manuel Akanji is my man of the match... cool
You too sabi play ball. the guy was a stalwart. Didn't know he is that good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by caprini1: 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2022
Reference:

Na so.
Two matches and no shots against them.
You are calling Spain that Musiala was running rings round.
Spain is good no doubt but this Brazilian team is more complete.
And may I remind you that this Switzerland team beat Spain at home just two months ago in the UNL.
Abeg don't mind those guys... Brazil have faced some brutal defenses and scored goals ,while none of the countries have had a single shot on target against a 39yrs old led defence.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Khallicopyro: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2022
motionarena:
Who see Amaju Pinnick?

Sitting down with the Brazilin Legends Ronaldo Delinma and co
Sheybi he's there watching other nations represent... He must be proud of himself and the super chickens he left behind. O! Nigeria my country!
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by OJEEMAH(m): 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

Because dem beat swizz 1.0... swizz wey no follow for top 10 European teams
France
Germany
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Italy
England
Holland
Denmark
Sweden
Swizz
because they no dey top 10 no mean say they no good……just last year, from 3-1 down against France in the round of 16, they dragged the game to extra time and won on penalties.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by jojothaiv(m): 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Smashspesh:

Contradiction.

What's the perfect tactics?

We all watched Croatia's first and second game.

They could've drawn the second if not because the opponent jilted in second half.

Bro, anybody can beat anybody if both shun respect and go for gold.

They're 22 men.
No shortage.

Man-up and it'll be difficult for any opponent.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by Kingcalls: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
OJEEMAH:
because they no dey top 10 no mean say they no good……just last year, from 3-1 down against France in the round of 16, they dragged the game to extra time and won on penalties.

I never said they are not good...it shows how powerful Europe is when it comes to football... especially those saying Europe has been winning world cup cos they have most teams represented....

Reason I said copa is trash compared to Euros
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 by caprini1: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
webizone:

OR

Their opponent just take a lucky shot and scores then they lock up and Brazil can't score them.

Otherwise...

They are good.
The only weakness Brazil has is goalkeeping....not that the keepers are not good,but due to lack of action for 90 minutes ,any day they get hit on target by the opponent,na goal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Italian Clubs Lost All 3 European Finals They Featured In 2023 / Real Madrid Rules Out Move For Eden Hazard? / Omicron: AFCON Begins Jan 9 2022, That Is the "alpha And omega" - CAF Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.