Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Should I Use A Travel Agent? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Use A Travel Agent? (5543 Views)

15 Reasons To Use A Travel Agent / --- / Travel Agent/consultant.(information Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Use A Travel Agent? by mbatuku1: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2011
Are there any advantages or disadvantages of using a travel agent? Pls express your views and experiences.

Pls no ads on this thread. Let's make it informative as possible. Thanks
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by ojdollars(m): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2011
@mbatuku1 , Are you here to Discredit Traveling Agents or What? Listen, if you don't have connection in Nigeria, others have. Using a reliable traveling agent is not any disadvantage or advanttage as you speak the Grammar pass. What would this useless thread benefit people of? To discredit people who are into business? You funny.
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by mbatuku1: 12:03am On Aug 27, 2011
ojdollars:

@mbatuku1 , Are you here to Discredit Traveling Agents or What? Listen, if you don't have connection in Nigeria, others have. Using a reliable traveling agent is not any disadvantage or advanttage as you speak the Grammar pass. What would this useless thread benefit people of? To discredit people who are into business? You funny.

You're so wrong. The purpose of this thread is not to discredit anyone.

Well, maybe others might find the topic not beneficial, but I'm sure to gain from it. I've been thinking lately of using an agent(a genuine one, that is), hence, the question.

1 Like

Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by ojdollars(m): 12:12am On Aug 27, 2011
mbatuku1:

Are there any advantages or disadvantages of using a travel agent? Pls express your views and experiences.

I apologise my Brother. I just don't want some dude coming here to say all sort of stuff you know. Well, what do you want an Agent for.? You could have just gone straight to the Point, using agent sometimes is advisable when you know him, his family, work place, his home town, relative and so, but if you willing to take the risk, go by reconmendation from close family n friends.
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by jidewin(m): 6:05am On Oct 18, 2011
@ojdollars
Gud a.m bro.I sent you and email yesterday to ojdollarsnl@, Please go check.Regards
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by Vicjustice: 7:59am On Oct 18, 2011
mbatuku1:

If the word "Travel Agent" is defined according to its true meaning, then, there would be nothing wrong in employing their services, and their services would be mainly to:
1) Help in suggesting Destinations or Holiday Resorts
2) Flight Reservation/Bookings
3) Hotel/Accommodation Booking
4) Activities Suggestions
5) Guides and advice regarding sites to see and,
6) advice on the laws, and on the things that are the DOs and DON'Ts.

But if a "Travel Agent" accords himself as a "Visa Agent", then, there should be no two ways about it, just RUN away for him as you would run away from a Pastor who introduces himself as a "Prophet"
   "Visa Agents" will only get you into a UK 10 years ban, or an American Live Ban, or the Schengen Indefinite Ban: Know that it is impossible for anyone to help in obtaining visa for anyone, there is no such connection as many Nigerians acclaim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by DisGuy: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2011
Vicjustice:

If the word "Travel Agent" is defined according to its true meaning, then, there would be nothing wrong in employing their services, and their services would be mainly to:
1) Help in suggesting Destinations or Holidays Resorts
5)Guides and advice regarding sites to see and

But if a "Travel Agent" accords himself as a "Visa Agent", then, there should be no two ways about it, just RUN away for him as you would run away from a Pastor who introduces himself as a "Prophet"
   "Visa Agents" will only get you into a UK 10 years ban, or an American Live Ban, or the Schengen Indefinite Ban: Know that it is impossible for anyone to help in obtaining visa for anyone, there is no such connection as many Nigerians acclaim

Absolutely spot on, the word Travel agent going by discussion on NL has been bastardized, and to be honest many travel agents in nigeria should be taking this up with the authorities and the public, some many people spoiling the image of the industry
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2011
You only use a Travel Agent (in the Nigerian sense) if you're dead lazy, and are prepared to lose your money.

That's my take on "Travel Agents" in the Nigerian sense.
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by sabbath7th: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2011
Travel agents cannot get you a visa. They can book your flight tickets and hotel.
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by Vicjustice: 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2011
Dis Guy:

Absolutely spot on, the word Travel agent going by discussion on NL has been bastardized, and to be honest many travel agents in nigeria should be taking this up with the authorities and the public, some many people spoiling the image of the industry
sabbath7th:

Travel agents cannot get you a visa. They can book your flight tickets and hotel.
Funny enough, i don't think the word "Visa Agent" is used any where else except in Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by ojdollars(m): 12:59am On Oct 19, 2011
jidewin:

@ojdollars
Gud a.m bro.I sent you and email yesterday to ojdollarsnl@, Please go check.Regards

Bros, I sent you my phone number to your mail also. Cheers
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by ojdollars(m): 1:04am On Oct 19, 2011
Dis Guy:

Broda Dis Guy, talk to your Mod colleague justwise to stop spoiling the business of traveling agents. It's always a traveling agent I pay to arrange most of my documents I need to submit at the embassy, like flight, hotel reservation and all that. And to stop deleting my post on nairaland, or otherwise, show me the way to remove my account jeje. Thanks
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by justwise(m): 1:42am On Oct 19, 2011
ojdollars:

Broda Dis Guy, talk to your Mod colleague justwise to stop spoiling the business of traveling agent[/b]s. It's always a traveling agent I pay to arrange most of my documents I need to submit at the embassy, like flight, hotel reservation and all that. And to stop deleting my post on nairaland, or otherwise, [b]show me the way to remove my account jeje. Thanks

Tough luck, who stops you from leaving?  You talked about leaving couple of weeks ago but u are still here talking rubbish.
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by mbatuku1: 7:53am On Oct 19, 2011
Vicjustice:

1) Help in suggesting Destinations or Holiday Resorts
5) Guides and advice regarding sites to see and,

This are good points. Nice. The battle between agents cum scammers vs. scam busters prompted this thread. Just wanted to make it clear for confused folks.
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2011
ojdollars:

Broda Dis Guy, talk to your Mod colleague justwise to stop spoiling the business of traveling agents. It's always a traveling agent I pay to arrange most of my documents I need to submit at the embassy, like flight, hotel reservation and all that. And to stop deleting my post on nairaland, or otherwise, show me the way to remove my account jeje. Thanks

There's no such thing as spoiling the business of "Travel Agents." Unless these guys are bonded, they are NOT Travel Agents. Besides, why should it bother you that much? You're not a Travel Agent, or are you?
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by november8: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
@justwise. Don't be mean to your members.They make your thread fun and informative.
@mbatuku1. There is nothing wrong with using a travel agent if he is a good one with integrity.
@all. some of us are travel agents and that's is the business we have learnt and mastered.There are alot of people in the industry that have spoilt the good one but please it doesn't mean all is bad.That's why we always advice client to deal less with freelancers who are ready to make one naira profit just because they want quick business.
Be careful who you give your money to and if you want to use so called "Visa agents", it's your headache. Just be sure you are dealing with the right people you should deal with.
The problem with us Nigerians is we like cheap and quick things and we want to go through less stress to get what we want. Cheap and quick and be Mean and wicked, u know?
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
november8:

@justwise. Don't be mean to your members.They make your thread fun and informative.
@mbatuku1. There is nothing wrong with using a travel agent if he is a good one with integrity.
@all. some of us are travel agents and that's is the business we have learnt and mastered.There are alot of people in the industry that have spoilt the good one but please it doesn't mean all is bad.That's why we always advice client to deal less with freelancers who are ready to make one naira profit just because they want quick business.
Be careful who you give your money to and if you want to use so called "Visa agents", it's your headache. Just be sure you are dealing with the right people you should deal with.
The problem with us Nigerians is we like cheap and quick things and we want to go through less stress to get what we want. Cheap and quick and be Mean and wicked, u know?

Its not my thread and they are not members, i'm just a member just like everybody else but can i just say that i want to be[b] mean[/b] to any scammer/criminal/ fraudster here, i make no apology for that.
Re: Should I Use A Travel Agent? by Flonaj: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2020
Y'all can try Finesse Vacation and Logistics. I have used them and I can say they are trustworthy. They are really efficient and have a nice customer service. Their services includes; flights booking, hotel reservation, bespoke holidays, packages, foreign education, corporate travel management, group bookings, VIP protocol services, fast track check-in, VISA assistance/counselling, VIP transfer services, etc. Their office is at 2 Hameed Kasumu Street,ChevyVeiw Estate, Off Chevron Drive, Lekki 2, Lagos. You can visit their website https://fvl.com.ng/ or call their sales rep on +2348090443784 or +2348090443782 for fast services.

(1) (Reply)

Ugly Nigeria / Nigerian Married Three Jamaican Women Over A Six-month / Kuwait Visa Requirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.