Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

What Is So Special About The iPhone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is So Special About The iPhone? (15652 Views)

15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Acidosis(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2011
All dis noise about iphones has got to stop! Waiting self ?. Abeg, tell me one thing u can do with ur iphone that a new version symbian (nokia) won't do?
Don't be fooled by the selling price, this company is only extorting you ppl.
I held some iphones don't even have common 'bluetooth'. . Gawd!!! So u guys pay for common apps, even songs. .Or is it because of the 3G or 16G or iOS ? Oh mayb u don't know. . My nokia C5-00 has HSDPA network (i.e 3.5G). I bought it @ d rate of 25k. . video call enabled, 16G mem card.
Its high time y'all stopped increasing their revenue! Plssss
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by ragdollz: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
Acidosis:

All dis noise about iphones has got to stop! Waiting self ?. Abeg, tell me one thing u can do with your iphone that a new version symbian (nokia) won't do?
I held some iphones don't even have common 'bluetooth'. . Gawd!!! So u guys pay for common apps, even songs. .Or is it because of the 3G or 16G or iOS ? Oh mayb u don't know. . My nokia C5-00 has HSDPA network (i.e 3.5G). I bought it @ d rate of 25k. . video call enabled, 16G mem card.

What's so special about iPhone!? Tell that to the lame guinea fowls out there PRETENDING and CLAIMING to have one on [size=20pt]BOARD[/size] grin. IPhone is a big deal to such clowns grin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Wexelion(m): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2011
Everytime iphone,infact whats so special
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2011
When you own one,you will definitely know.Bad bad applications !
The bluetooth application ''celeste'' is available on cydia !
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Hardballer(m): 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2011
iphone>android phones>blackberry phones> everybody else.you want to know why get one and see for urself. Questions?
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by EuroMeko(m): 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2011
A good device is one that does what I want to accomplish with little fuss, for me it's an iPhone and always will be.

Are there other devices that can do some stuff better, cheaper, faster? Of course, such is the way of technology.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by lynxnoon(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2011
@poster
ur question about the iPhone is what makes it special
Lol
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by uju2: 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2011
At chriatmas in london i bought an iphone but when i got back here i couldnt use it even the simcard is different. I love my iphone but had to send it to my cousin in london. Please does anyone know which naija networks support iphone? That was d best phone i ever used as in it did everything u can think of.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2011
uju_1:

At chriatmas in london i bought an iphone but when i got back here i couldnt use it even the simcard is different. I love my iphone but had to send it to my cousin in london. Please does anyone know which naija networks support iphone? That was d best phone i ever used as in it did everything u can think of.

A brand new iphone supports any network anywhere even in naija i believe !
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Ehisod(m): 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2011
Just my thoughts too. What's so special about the iPhone. I use android and love it I have used an iphone and I don't think it is worth the price peoples pay for them. Its pure exploitation.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Andrew3(m): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
uju_1:

same could have applied to a so called new symbian phone, if you happend to buy a branded customised one
you will have to unlock b4 use. But still thesame, the mango phones grin aah the apple phones are known for best of quality in same features the other phones claim to have.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Andrew3(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2011
there is a phone brand called vertu constillation, with just an iron body, no memory card, no mp3 support not to talk of video, a friend bought for $20 000, and many more like this, it only makes and receives calls. so you cant question a luxurious phone like the mango ahh the apple phone
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Pafuri(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2011
You bought the iphone in LONDON but did not know you needed to unlock it for it to work in Naija? grin grin grin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Sweetdoct247(m): 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2011
It's all about the user experience men, yes nokia, androids and all make good fones but still the touch screen experience isn't anything near apple's. But in truth there are so many propietary restrictions that tasks taken for granted on a common fone can really be difficult on an iphone but there's usually an app for everything. Yes may be overpriced buh using one can actually change ur mind.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by whobemumu(m): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2011
whenn people as k what is so wonderful abou the i phone i realy dont know what to say , truth is it has some really good feautures that i woud ike to have and it has many useful applications that a phone like symbian for example does not have  . my only issue with it is the fact that  apple wants to control what i have access to or not AFTER buying their phone , it becomes my property and i should be able to do whatever  i feel like doing on it

also the pricing , its way too expensive ( and I a am not a poor guy I can pay compleete for it with like 2 days wages ) , after paying a bulk sum for the phone first they expect me to buy apps and buy songs and all , u are not going to dupe me like that  i will rather use my symbian or android for cheaper , and the last question is

HOW MUCH TECHNOLOG Y DO YOU REALLY NEED OR USE ?  THAT U HAVE TO PAY THRU YOUR NOSE FOR

I  drivve a ten year old car and it drives fine , does  not throw me by the road has no problems , why should i go buy new car just to be driving new car and be owing bank money ?
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by moonraker(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2011
Acidosis:

All dis noise about iphones has got to stop! Waiting self ?. Abeg, tell me one thing u can do with your iphone that a new version symbian (nokia) won't do?

@ OP

You have clearly been misinformed.

The iphone actually has a bluetooth chip in it and can be used with a third party application.

The iphone has an app store where you could download both free and paid apps. Also, if ur the geeky type,

you can Jailbreak (release your device) using third party tools and install thousands of apps for free.

The paid songs ur shouting ur head off like an agbero is a choice. you can rip ur cds or download songs from

third party sites and sync it with ur iphone. I personally buy most of my music becos i am not a supporter of piracy.

plus the songs bought from ITunes are encoded at the rate of 128k and 256k respectively using Apples own codec called

AAC which is definitely high quality,

The software on the iphone is superior to any other smartphone OS out there including ur Nokia POS.

Need i say more?? you have just succeeded in embarrassing yourself
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by moonraker(m): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2011
booom

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by 2great: 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
l'v got an iphone&a Nokia symbian n95 now but l can tell u d symbian does evrytin l nid at little or no cost ranging 4rm videocall,pingn,chatn,modem,wlan server,ebook viewn,microsoft ofice xcel, as much as my iphone n more dat l cant even post here.Ifone boost status but aint userfriendly n xpensive 2 njoy.U nid lot of aplicatn e.g.itunes, to do common bluetooth music transfer even china fone does wt ease.fck it! l dia4 conclude dat its crapy,wasteful n a liability 2 a prudent youth .asteful n a liability 2 a prudent youth .
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by BluMalam(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2011
Tell me which other phone does video calls like iPhones Facetime?

Tell me which other phone has over 200,000 apps ready for download STRAIGHT from iTunes, manages the download, and sync (adds) it to your phone as soon as it is connected? You dont even have to click nothing, just connect & it syncs

Tell me which other phone saves you the stress of copying and pasting songs to your memory card, and just lets you sync new songs by simply connecting + a feature named GENIUS which suggests the next song based on what you're Now Playing (beats per minute, genre etc.) so you can never get a Boyz II Men after a Terry G, and in impeccable sound quality

Tell me which other phone has luxury, premium third party manufacturers of accesories & add-ons e.g Bang & Olufsen speakers and docks, Griffin iTrip for ur car, AGENT 18 cases etc,

Tell me which other phone has such fluid flow and transition as the iPhones Retina Touch-screen? The CNN App for the iPhone is one app toh Bad!!! I used the symbian version for the Nokia E7, i no fit lafff shocked shocked cry

Tell me which other phone has the structural integrity of an iPhone, no removable parts, Hard Disk and Battery all in-built in an all glass scratch-resistant case?

By September (just in a few weeks), iOS 5 will be released featuring iCloud, Apple's cloud storage facility, Tell me which other phone? Innovation comes in the form of Steve Jobs, we will surely miss him.

I can go on and onn and onnn, this aint no Blackberry that u can run down on Nairaland, this is the Apple iPhone 4.

Got mine for 500 pounds, worth every penny, and more.

Even Nokia will start shipping high end phones with the Windows Phone 7 OS from next year, Maemo had some potential, Symbian Come on get serious, only Androids can rub shoulders with iOS

wink wink wink tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by arshy(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2011
iPhone is beyond just a phone, it is a mini-computer. Whatever u can not do with an with a computer is what u can not do with an iPhone. iPhone and Android are beyond what u can describe when it comes to phone. The only thing an iPhone use to surpass Android is the option of more apps.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
Blu Malam:

Tell me which other phone has over 200,000 apps ready for download STRAIGHT from iTunes, manages the download, and sync (adds) it to your phone as soon as it is connected? You dont even have to click nothing, just connect & it syncs

Tell me which other phone saves you the stress of copying and pasting songs to your memory card, and just lets you sync new songs by simply connecting + a feature named GENIUS which suggests the next song based on what you're Now Playing (beats per minute, genre etc.) so you can never get a Boyz II Men after a Terry G, and in impeccable sound quality

Tell me which other phone has luxury, premium third party manufacturers of accesories & add-ons e.g slam & Olufsen speakers and docks, Griffin iTrip for your car, AGENT 18 cases etc,

Tell me which other phone has such fluid flow and transition as the iPhones Retina Touch-screen? The CNN App for the iPhone is one app toh Bad!!! I used the symbian version for the Nokia E7, i no fit lafff shocked shocked cry

Tell me which other phone has the structural integrity of an iPhone, no removable parts, Hard Disk and Battery all in-built in an all glass scratch-resistant case?

By September (just in a few weeks), iOS 5 will be released featuring iCloud, Apple's cloud storage facility, Tell me which other phone? Innovation comes in the form of Steve Jobs, we will surely miss him.

I can go on and onn and onnn, this aint no Blackberry that u can run down on Nairaland, this is the Apple iPhone 4.

Even Nokia will start shipping high end phones with the Windows Phone 7 OS from next year, Maemo had some potential, Symbian Come on get serious, only Androids can rub shoulders with iOS

Thank you o.it's like comparing a lappy or a desktop computer with Ipad.Guy i hope you have dstv drifter so you can watch dstv stations on your iphone sha.No dull yasef o.facetime videocall on skype,viber or even yahoo messanger couldn't be better,nokia still has a long way to go !
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by BluMalam(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2011
^Word! Plannin on getting one soonest.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by ragdollz: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
Blu Malam:

Tell me which other phone has luxury, premium third party manufacturers of accesories & add-ons e.g slam & Olufsen speakers and docks, Griffin iTrip for your car, AGENT 18 cases etc,

Yes sah!! Spoken like a true iPhone user/owner!! You know what you're talking about!

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by mchenry(m): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2011
uju_1:

go to any MTN office and get a micro sim
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by PapaBrowne(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2011
The Iphone is an exo brain. Its a brain of its own tucked in ur pocket!! You will never understand it until you experience the power in the device!! Crazy apps, mean functions and simplicity at its finest!
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by amicdan(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2011
Iphone's are kul but HTC na baba! cool
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Ossaifamous(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
well have read replies and just wanted this poster to know this 'never criticise ppl's phone.
I haven't use an Iphone but I Belive it's a good phone. When I ve some money I'll joined the gang either iphone or android.
Na wetn I get now be nokia c5-02 and Na my money level be that
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2011
Hardballer:

iphone>android phones>blackberry phones> everybody else.you want to know why get one and see for urself. Questions?

Lol!! You couldn't be more wrong. iPhone could never touch any android powered device in terms of tech, advancement and versatility. Honestly you have no idea. Oh and before you call me out, i have an iPhone 4, iPhone 3g and an HTC Desire HD (I can prove that with a picture) so i am not oblivious of what i am saying. iPhone only beats an android device in the sheer amount of Apps at it's disposal. On my Desire HD, i can be playing a game on my Playstation emulator app and at the same time, playing another traditional android OS game like Dead Space just by multitasking. Try that with an iPhone and watch the phone explode. I agree though that iPhone shits all over Blackberry and the wack symbian OS that Nokia refuses to give up.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Suntemi(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
Bandit C.:

Lol!! You couldn't be more wrong. iPhone could never touch any android powered device in terms of tech, advancement and versatility. Honestly you have no idea. Oh and before you call me out, i have an iPhone 4, iPhone 3g and an HTC Desire HD (I can prove that with a picture) so i am not oblivious of what i am saying. iPhone only beats an android device in the sheer amount of Apps at it's disposal. On my Desire HD, i can be playing a game on my Playstation emulator app and at the same time, playing another traditional android OS game like Dead Space just by multitasking. Try that with an iPhone and watch the phone explode. I agree though that iPhone shits all over Blackberry and the wack symbian OS that Nokia refuses to give up.

You lie, and having an iPhone 4 is not the issue but knowing how to fully utilize it is my point. I still can't figure out a single thing an android device can do that iPhone 4 can't do, also iOS is the only OS I know of [/b]that have got an [b]offline wikipedia. you heard me right 'Offline wikipedia' called Wiki2Touch.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by kabukabu(m): 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2011
if you don't have an Iphone, well you don't have an Iphone, grin grin.Iphone has Facetime,millions of apps grin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by ragdollz: 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2011
Let's face it, it's all about [size=18pt]branding[/size] and features and Apple knows more about that than any other company on the planet. iPhone is what it is, a mega product, you either like it or you don't - or you like what you have better. But never ever say "what's so special" or "no big deal" about iPhone! If it was crap no one would pay heavy dough for it! That's not a criteria but trust me, a [size=28pt]Skoda and a Rolls Royce are both automobiles, but check it, THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR!! [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc / How Long Can You Go Without Data On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.