Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. (18348 Views)

Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia / What Is So Special About The iPhone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
I have virtually used a couple of window phones and I don't seem to find anything great about it.. It has a boring UI which I don't like..
Imagine its app list, just vertical scrolling and looks lame..
It z not too customizable like other OS..
Its not like it have a lot of apps ooo..
So tell me, What's so special about the Windows Phone??
Because in my opinion, that OS z empty and wack compared to Android, iOS and BB

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by UchihaItachi(m): 6:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Personally, I love it's social network integration, how it handles FB, the live tiles and the general feel of the OS.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by micday81(m): 6:39am On Oct 04, 2014
Its a nice phone, the live tiles is wonderful, it works like your normal PC. By the time you connect it to your computer it recongnises not just the memory card but the phone it self. The browser; internet explorer is good, faster and compresses data like opera mini. This browser is compatible with most websites especially secured ones.

But the applications are limited when compared with other OS like android IOS and BB.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Far smoother and more secured than android.the os is more energy friendly than android,its consume less battery.its faster and dosnt hang like android.infact,a 512mb ram is can do better thing than android 1gb ram.such as gaming,lag free,better display and pictures....compare lumia 520,530 and 630 with 512mb to android of 1gb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 7:21am On Oct 04, 2014
It has more apps than BB,gradually closing app gap with android and ios
micday81: Its a nice phone, the live tiles is wonderful, it works like your normal PC. By the time you connect it to your computer it recongnises not just the memory card but the phone it self. The browser; internet explorer is good, faster and compresses data like opera mini. This browser is compatible with most websites especially secured ones.

But the applications are limited when compared with other OS like android IOS and BB.
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2014
martineverest: Far smoother and more secured than android.the os is more energy friendly than android,its consume less battery.its faster and dosnt hang like android.infact,a 512mb ram is can do better thing than android 1gb ram.such as gaming,lag free,better display and pictures....compare lumia 520,530 and 630 with 512mb to android of 1gb
Hmmmmmm... So which would you go for between a BB Bold5/6 and a lumia 520??
I personally would prefer the BB!!
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 7:27am On Oct 04, 2014
UchihaItachi: Personally, I love it's social network integration, how it handles FB, the live tiles and the general feel of the OS.
General feel?? The OS bores me so much!!
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2014
micday81: Its a nice phone, the live tiles is wonderful, it works like your normal PC. By the time you connect it to your computer it recongnises not just the memory card but the phone it self. The browser; internet explorer is good, faster and compresses data like opera mini. This browser is compatible with most websites especially secured ones.

What about its UI?? I feel its not customizable to my taste..
Can you download themes from the store??
Some people say the phone z stingy too.. Like is there a way to exchange apps with other window phones users?? Data z expensive you know.. I can't start downloading all!
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by UchihaItachi(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Mention:

General feel?? The OS bores me so much!!

Well..I can't use it as my only phone cos truly, it'd be too boring but it's not as boring as you make it sound. Besides, my android bores me sometimes, I'd just be looking at it and and thinking "what should I do next. . ." In the end, it all comes down to individual preference and what you really do with it
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2014
UchihaItachi:

Well..I can't use it as my only phone cos truly, it'd be too boring but it's not as boring as you make it sound. Besides, my android bores me sometimes, I'd just be looking at it and and thinking "what should I do next. . ." In the end, it all comes down to individual preference and what you really do with it
Yeah... I personally don't like it
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2014
does windows application work on windows phone.
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by UchihaItachi(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mention:

Yeah... I personally don't like it

okay bro
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by festwiz(m): 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
micday81:
Its a nice phone, the live tiles is wonderful, it works like your normal PC. By the time you connect it to your computer it recongnises not just the memory card but the phone it self. The browser; internet explorer is good, faster and compresses data like opera mini. This browser is compatible with most websites especially secured ones.

sorry to correct you the windows phone store has around 300k apps while bb app world has around 75k both on os 10 and lower

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by parrotibaba(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
martineverest:
Far smoother and more secured than android.the os is more energy friendly than android,its consume less battery.its faster and dosnt hang like android.infact,a 512mb ram is can do better thing than android 1gb ram.such as gaming,lag free,better display and pictures....compare lumia 520,530 and 630 with 512mb to android of 1gb
sad

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by festwiz(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mention:

What about its UI?? I feel its not customizable too my taste..
Some people say the phone z stingy too.. Like is there a way to exchange apps with other window phones users?? Data z expensive you know.. I can't start downloading all!
actually if you have zune desktop software, you can do that. And if you have downloaded the wp .xap file to your pc, you can easily copy it to several wp devices.
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by festwiz(m): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
parrotibaba:
sad
he is quite right i have the 630 and the tecno m7 the 630 handles my games like a dream more than the M7
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by festwiz(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
UchihaItachi:

it's all about personal preference. I'd use a windows phone over IOS any day. I traded my 4s for the 630

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
festwiz:
actually if you have zune desktop software, you can do that. And if you have downloaded the wp .xap file to your pc, you can easily copy it to several wp devices.
Okay... It seems you used d OS so well and got used to it
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
asuustrike1:
Nope
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by festwiz(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mention:

Okay... It seems you used d OS so well and got used to it
yeah, i started with the 520 last year, then sold it off to get the 720 but it got stolen before i had to buy the m7 this year and the iphone 4s
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
No,that why they created window 10 to unify window phone,windows,xbox and win rt apps.u can use same apps on all when windows 10 is released
asuustrike1:
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mention:

What about its UI?? I feel its not customizable too my taste..
you can add backgrounds change accent colour etc you are d first guy i have ever seen who says wp is boring its just beautiful
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
parrotibaba:
sad
how is he lying av u ever heard of a windows phone being hacked no its still d most secure os after bb,its also closed source and unrootable unlike android and ios which can be rooted and jailbroken
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Slowpois0n: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
trishguy:
how is he lying av u ever heard of a windows phone being hacked no its still d most secure os after bb,its also closed source and unrootable unlike android and ios which can be rooted and jailbroken
Windows Phone OS can be jailbroken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
trishguy:
you can add backgrounds change accent colour etc you are d first guy i have ever seen who says wp is boring its just beautiful
I can't help it.. Its boring
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by UchihaItachi(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
festwiz:
it's all about personal preference. I'd use a windows phone over IOS any day. I traded my 4s for the 630

And I traded my Lumia 620 for tecno phantom A. Now that was one piece of business I will always regret. I got rid of the phone but I still wish I never laid hand on anything tecno

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by festwiz(m): 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
UchihaItachi:

And I traded my Lumia 620 for tecno phantom A. Now that was one piece of business I will always regret. I got rid of the phone but I still wish I never laid hand on anything tecno
after my cousin so the 630 she had me upgrade her's to cyan, she's being all thanks ever since.
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
festwiz:
yeah, i started with the 520 last year, then sold it off to get the 720 but it got stolen before i had to buy the m7 this year and the iphone 4s
That's so kul
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Try and upgrade to denim when it gets to naija.its cyan successor
festwiz:
after my cousin so the 630 she had me upgrade her's to cyan, she's being all thanks ever since.
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by parrotibaba(m): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
festwiz:
he is quite right i have the 630 and the tecno m7 the 630 handles my games like a dream more than the M7
dude dat is a blatant lie cos I use d m7 n it plays games n I mean GAMES(1.2gb) flawlessly,to tell me dat a windows phone of 512 RAM performs better at gaming Dan a 1g RAM phone without judging d number of cores in each phone is a fallacy, it simply means more cores more smoothness n I know dat d tm7 is just a dual core phone while d Nokia 630 is quad core so u should pitch ur 630 with android phones with quad cores n see d difference
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by parrotibaba(m): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
trishguy:
n who told u dat it can't be hacked?... anyways dats not wat I was arguing about with dat guy...read his n my post again
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by dazekid(m): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
parrotibaba:
dude dat is a blatant lie cos I use d m7 n it plays games n I mean GAMES(1.2gb) flawlessly,to tell me dat a windows phone of 512 RAM performs better at gaming Dan a 1g RAM phone without judging d number of cores in each phone is a fallacy, it simply means more cores more smoothness n I know dat d tm7 is just a dual core phone while d Nokia 630 is quad core so u should pitch ur 630 with android phones with quad cores n see d difference

I am not a windows phone entusiast as I have never even owned one but truth be told, the OS is much smoother and less hardware dependent than android.Fact is of all current OSes, android has the most hardware dependecies of all.And as such a dual-core windows phone will out-perform a dual-quad core android phone(all things being equal). I figure you have not used any of the more recent windows phones and that is why you have this opinion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C5 Vs Tecno Camon C8 : Specs Showdown! / Operamini 5.2 / Infinix Launces Zero 20 Smartphone With Nigerian Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.