Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home (2554 Views)

Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video) / VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2022
As the thread says I want to buy a car washing machine.

It will be used domestically.

I mean by that I am not offering a car wash service.

I just want to use a machine to wash my own cars at home.

What brand do you use or recommend and why?
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by Cassie74: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2022
Interested too
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by buygala(m): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2022
FEGEITOK:
As the thread says I want to buy a car washing machine.

It will be used domestically.

I mean by that I am not offering a car wash service.

I just want to use a machine to wash my own cars at home.

What brand do you use or recommend and why?

Just get a high pressure spray gun and connect its hose to your house tap (might need an electric water pump sha)

That should be enough for your domestic use

I have seen some Karcher washing machines tho that dispense steam, hot and cold water in optionally regulated pressure.. But their reliability is what I no know nothing about.. The fact that there are very few of such washing machines found in car washes says a lot about their reliability I guess..

There are sha some locally fabricated washing machines tho that do the job with less hassle.. I have seen them in Owerri and Aba mostly

But in the whole, I no sabi wetin you wan wash for car wey a tap connected spray gun no go dey enough for... Make you no go use hot water spray brainbox or rupture one hose o.
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2022
buygala:

Just get a high pressure spray gun and connect its hose to your house tap (might need an electric water pump sha)

That should be enough for your domestic use

I have seen some Karcher washing machines tho that dispense steam, hot and cold water in optionally regulated pressure.. But their reliability is what I no know nothing about.. The fact that there are very few of such washing machines found in car washes says a lot about their reliability I guess..

There are sha some locally fabricated washing machines tho that do the job with less hassle.. I have seen them in Owerri and Aba mostly

But in the whole, I no sabi wetin you wan wash for car wey a tap connected spray gun no go dey enough for... Make you no go use hot water spray brainbox or rupture one hose o.

I have also seen the Karcher costs N100,000.00.

About the Karcher brand:

Facts and Figures for the Financial Year 2021

Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG generated sales of 3.092 billion euros in 2021, which was the highest turnover in its history. The family business employs 14,400 people in 150 companies located in 78 countries. Over 50,000 service centres worldwide ensure a seamless supply to customers all around the globe. Kärcher has set itself the goal of focusing the company’s social commitment on the preservation of value. As part of its cultural sponsorship programme, over 160 monuments worldwide have been cleaned and restored since 1980.

Lifted from their website.

I want avoid scratches and scruffs on the latest addition to my garage smiley

I researched them, they are a German brand with a heavy South African presence.

The exact model I saw is the K 2.360.

Those I saw in the market were priced 150,000.00 to 250,000.00

i think for the price, it is a good buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMjFxP4CyFc

What I am learning from your post is to investigate the cost of:

1. high pressure spray gun
2. electric water pump

I also want to avoid all the stories that touch that come from car washes.

Still suffering new car blues smiley

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by Worldwyde: 9:51am On Nov 29, 2022
Check jiji for electric washer,does not use petrol but electricity. Got mine for 70k brand new. Your have to buy additional hose that's about 10 to 15 feet long and also have a running tap for maximum pressure,speed and delivery.

1 Like

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2022
Worldwyde:
Check jiji for electric washer,does not use petrol but electricity. Got mine for 70k brand new. Your have to buy additional hose that's about 10 to 15 feet long and also have a running tap for maximum pressure,speed and delivery.

Thanks.

Please share the model and brand.

These seem close to your price point.

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by Worldwyde: 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
When i got home,tho i have abandoned it due to work. But itts very good and the speed deletes all dirt.
FEGEITOK:

Thanks.

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2022
Worldwyde:
When i got home,tho i have abandoned it due to work. But itts very good and the speed deletes all dirt.

Thanks again
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2022
This is above budget, but just sharing in case anyone might need it.

INGCO HIGH PRESSURE WASHER 2800W N195,800.00

1 Like

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by Kasdat5(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
I have one I abandoned for ages , lemme revisit it sef now that am free..
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by yesloaded: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Thanks.

Anyone with 100bar should be fine

I use lutian (I don't really know the model) and it cleans every dirt very well

You don't really need one big pressure washer to wash cars at all

Too much power will damage your car paint
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 12:18am On Dec 02, 2022
yesloaded:

Anyone with 100bar should be fine

I use lutian (I don't really know the model) and it cleans every dirt very well

You don't really need one big pressure washer to wash cars at all

Too much power will damage your car paint

I'll get the Karcher and call it day.

Thanks so much for your input.

3 Likes

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
I got the Karcher K2.360 a few days ago.

Will test it today and report back
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by calculation(m): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2022
FEGEITOK:
I got the Karcher K2.360 a few days ago.

Will test it today and report back
I look forward to you review. This is because am planning to acquire same washer pump.
Kindly state the purchase price and detail specifications . Thanks
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 8:46am On Dec 08, 2022
calculation:

I look forward to you review. This is because am planning to acquire same washer pump.
Kindly state the purchase price and detail specifications . Thanks

N99,999.99

Shoprite

Watched a lot of videos, and after reading up on all the companies, decided on these guys because of their cleaning pedigree. They have been making this since the 1950s.

Will most likely update this weekend.

I did a test run last night, you need a longer cable than that which comes with the unit. They sell the pressure hose for N1,500 per yard, the set up of the connectors both the end that goes into the machine, and the trigger gun for N2,000 each or N4,000 in total. The one that comes with the unit is just 4m long.

Without doing this, you will need to keep moving the unit to wash the whole car.

You will also need an extension cable or reel unless you have an electrical outlet outdoors.

I will most likely import the K5 later since it overcomes the limitations of the K2 with features such as a longer factory pressure hose and a water-cooled engine. But if you want a pressure washer that can do just about anything not just for your car, then get the K7.

You will also need another hose that is not supplied to connect the unit to your water supply, the length will be determined by the distance between the wash area and your water supply

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by calculation(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
FEGEITOK:

N99,999.99

Shoprite

Watched a lot of videos, and after reading up on all the companies, decided on these guys because of their cleaning pedigree. They have been making this since the 1950s.

I did a test run last night, you need a longer cable than that which comes with the unit. They sell the pressure hose for N1,500 per yard, the set up of the connectors both the end that goes into the machine, and the trigger gun for N2,000 each or N4,000 in total. The one that comes with the unit is just 4m long.

Without doing this, you will need to keep moving the unit to wash the whole car.

You will also need an extension cable or reel unless you have an electrical outlet outdoors.

I will most likely import the K5 later since it overcomes the limitations of the K2 with features such as a longer factory pressure hose and a water-cooled engine. But if you want a pressure washer that can do just about anything not just for your car, then get the K7.

You will also need another hose that is not supplied to connect the unit to your water supply, the length will be determined by the distance between the wash area and your water supply
Thanks sir. I will further wait for more review sir
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by Worldwyde: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2022
Oga u dont need to move anything. When i got mine,i dot have a tap,i got a big storage basin and a hose connected to the machine. I suck it for priming annd
It goes into the machine. The hose I got abt almost 7 feet long. Once the water is abbt to finish,it shots off. Buy the accessories from aliexpress.
FEGEITOK:

N99,999.99

Shoprite

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by Worldwyde: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
I'm planning on getting uk used steam wash,to delete all those offensive mechanic smell from seat and all.
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2022
In four words: " I absolutely recommend it!"
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 9:51am On Dec 12, 2022
calculation:

Thanks sir. I will further wait for more review sir

I used the Karcher to wash my vehicle successfully over the weekend.

I was also able to use it more efficiently to wet walls before they were plastered and to wet the walls after they were plastered.

This is the science behind it according to "Raghunath Vardaraja" as found on Quora:

The purpose of ADDING WATER according according to water CEMENT RATIO in PREPARATION OF ANY CONCRETE WORK, is to see that THE SILICATE IN SAND REACTS “ COMPLETELY WITH THE ALUMINA in CEMENT.

Now IF U APPLY CEMENT MORTAR to a DRY WALL SURFACE, THE DRY WALL WILL ABSORB MOST OF THE WATER IN MORTAR. Now THE MORTAR IS DEPRIVED OF THE REQUIRED WATER CONTENT and THE HARDENING PROCESS STOPS , WHICH IS THE CHEMICAL REACTION BETWEEN SILICATE IN SAND AND ALUMINA(,raw material BAUXITE, WHILE CEMENT IS MANUFACTURED) IN CEMENT, IN PRESENCE OF WATER. This RESULTS IN CRACKS IN MORTAR SURFACES, AS IT DRIES AND SHRINKS.

Consider a WET SURFACE to which MORTAR IS APPLIED. SinceTHE WALL is already WET, IT WON'T TAKE ANY WATER FROM THE MORTAR. This ALLOWS COMPLETE HARDENING PROCESS TO PROCEED . The applied MORTAR SURFACES WONT CRACK.

And as to why it is necessary to also wet wells after they have been plastered?

According to the website dreamcivil dot com:

“Curing of plaster refers to the process of maintaining the temperature and the moisture of plaster within the acceptable range for the hydration reaction such that the plaster develops into a hard mass with desirable properties“.

Curing is not only the application of water over the plastered surface; preventing the loss of moisture is also the type of curing.

It also suggested that the "Curing of cement plaster should be executed after 24 hours of the plastering work and should be done for minimum of 7 days. ( As hydration reaction takes place for about 28 days. Curing for nearly 28 days is best if possible. )"

By using the high-pressure washing machine, I am able to wet the plaster by curing new newly plastered walls without wasting water. This is especially relevant as I am resolved to wait the full 28 days for curing to complete before I paint.

I was also able to use the DirtBlaster functionality to clean up post-renovation/construction mess indoors. The powerful blast of water under pressure made the work easy.

According to the Karcher website: "Thanks to the powerful entry rotary nozzle, the dirt blaster removes even very stubborn dirt and cleans to a shine. The rotating point jet effortlessly removes atmospheric dirt, quickly helping to restore mossy or weathered surfaces, for example. The dirt blaster also offers a large area performance. Suitable for all Kärcher pressure washers in classes K 1 and K 2 Entry. "

So I will use this entry-level machine in the meantime while I make arrangements to get a more powerful model for cleaning the rest of the house.

To achieve maximum pressure do not connect the pressure hose to the machine until you have turned it on and run it for about 2 to 3 minutes, then you can connect the pressure hose, then you will appreciate how it makes cleaning easier.

I have tried the above and connecting the pressure hose at once, and the difference is as clear as night and day.

Also never use the DirtBlaster on your vehicle, use the Vario spray nozzle and set it to mid to wash your car without fear of damaging the paintwork

It is worth the money.

Like I said before I highly recommend and I wonder why I did not get it any sooner than now.
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
I stumbled upon a shop that had all the Karcher's from the K2 to the K7.
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by calebify1(m): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
FEGEITOK:
I stumbled upon a shop that had all the Karcher's from the K2 to the K7.
Where please??
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
calebify1:

Where please??

Gudu Market, Abuja
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by calebify1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Gudu Market, Abuja
Thanks
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
calebify1:

Thanks
I don't have a number but if you need one or the exact shop address, can arrange that for you
Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by jorghor(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
FEGEITOK:

N99,999.99

Shoprite

K7 is the top of the range for the home and garden pressure washers, it washes just about everything in the home.
It has 2 models, the Compact and Full control. The full control can be easily connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth. This means that the user is supported through the Kärcher Home & Garden app with practical tips, tricks and settings for many cleaning situations and cleaning objects. The app provides useful functions such as the application consultant for even better cleaning results, assembly instructions, maintenance and care instructions, as well as the Kärcher Service portal.

You can control the pressure to get the desired results and not ruin amongst other things, the paint of your car.

If interested, I can be reached for more information and purchase (08033900359). Karcher showroom is in V/Island

Re: Karcher K2.360 High Pressure Washer Review - Wash Your Car at Home by FEGEITOK: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
jorghor:

K7 is the top of the range for the home and garden pressure washers, it washes just about everything in the home.
It has 2 models, the Compact and Full control. The full control can be easily connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth. This means that the user is supported through the Kärcher Home & Garden app with practical tips, tricks and settings for many cleaning situations and cleaning objects. The app provides useful functions such as the application consultant for even better cleaning results, assembly instructions, maintenance and care instructions, as well as the Kärcher Service portal.

You can control the pressure to get the desired results and not ruin amongst other things, the paint of your car.

If interested, I can be reached for more information and purchase (08033900359). Karcher showroom is in V/Island

Thanks for this.

Do you happen to have any vacuum cleaners suitable for use in cleaning vehicle interiors?

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise / Free Driving Theory Test Resource / Why Does Transmission Fail After Towing Another Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.