Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,557 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Tithe (1026 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Tithe by Overhaul: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
There a lot of good articles over the place about tithing and each making some great points. How about another spin on the subject of tithing, asking three reasons why you shouldn’t tithe.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Tithe by wordtalk(m): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
1. Don't try to tithe or even 'give' if it makes you feel guilty in any way.

2. Don't try to tithe or even 'give' as a formula for obtaining salvation.

3. Don't try to tithe or even 'give' in order to seek crowd approval.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Tithe by Overhaul: 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
Thank you wordtalk

On wordtalk's both accounts,

Dont bother if you are warped minded

Luke 18: 9-14

9 And he made this story for some people who were certain that they were good, and had a low opinion of others:
10 Two men went up to the Temple for prayer; one a Pharisee, and the other a tax-farmer.
11 The Pharisee, taking up his position, said to himself these words: God, I give you praise because I am not like other men, who take more than their right, who are evil-doers, who are untrue to their wives, or even like this tax-farmer.
12 Twice in the week I go without food; I give a tenth of all I have.
13 The tax-farmer, on the other hand, keeping far away, and not lifting up even his eyes to heaven, made signs of grief and said, God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
14 I say to you, This man went back to his house with God's approval, and not the other: for everyone who makes himself high will be made low and whoever makes himself low will be made high.

Dont bother, if motives are iffy

Matt 6:2
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full

Dont bother, if coerced or bullied

2 Corinthians 9:7

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Tithe by OgaMadam(f): 6:24am On Sep 07, 2011
chei
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Tithe by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 07, 2011
think tithing is healthy for christians,Gal 6 says what we sow we shall reap so. . . .
Its for the best.

(1) (Reply)

Why Kill In The Name Of Religion . / Why Is Sin Regardedas Swag / Innocence Of Muslims Film Was Made By Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.