Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup (31571 Views)

Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos) / Petition To Ban Lionel Messi For Champions League ‘Punch’ Passes 3,500 Signature / Ikechukwu Ezenwa Asks Lionel Messi For His Jersey (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Islie: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
Mexican Boxing Champion Issues Violent Threat To Lionel Messi For ‘Disrespecting’ Mexico In World Cup Celebration

Argentina kept their hopes of being crowned champions alive with a 2-0 victory over Mexico, with Messi scoring the opening goal with a sublime finish from outside the penalty area.

Multiple Mexican world boxing champion, Canelo Alvarez has threatened Argentinian football superstar Lionel Messi for allegedly disrespecting his country's flag.

Argentina kept their hopes of being crowned champions alive with a 2-0 victory over Mexico, with Messi scoring the opening goal with a sublime finish from outside the penalty area.

Messi incurred the wrath of boxing superstar Canelo after footage emerged of the Argentina captain with a Mexico shirt in front of him on the floor in the dressing room during the post-match celebrations, according to the Mirror.

As Messi pulled off his boot, he appeared to have caught the shirt with his foot and Canelo was not impressed.

"Did you see Messi cleaning the floor with our shirt and flag ? I ask God that I don't find [him]!!" he posted on Twitter.

The Mexican fighter added: "Just as I respect Argentina, you have to respect Mexico!! I'm not talking about the country [Argentina] I’m talking about Messi because of the b******* he did.”

Canelo wrote in another social media post: "Since the Mexico shirt is on the ground, it's already an insult. Stop b*******ing about what was or wasn't."

Former Argentina team-mate and international room-mate Sergio Aguero has since intervened. The Manchester City legend replied to the boxer: "Mr. Canelo, don't look for excuses or problems, surely you don't know about soccer and what happens in a locker room.

"The shirts are always on the floor after the games are over due to sweat and then if you see well, he makes the movement to remove the boot and accidentally hits it."

Aguero isn't the only one to have taken issue with Alvarez's outburst, with a healthy mix of Argentina and even Mexico fans uniting in their defence of Messi's conduct.

"He's [Alvarez] just looking for attention since he's no longer relevant. Honestly, I never heard of him till now," one fan wrote online. "He clearly taking off his shoes."

Another Mexico fan added: "They want to break [his] balls and take everything out of context, they are in the locker room celebrating and they are taking off their boots. Messi is the most humble and never denigrated anyone."

https://saharareporters.com/2022/11/28/mexican-boxing-champion-issues-violent-threat-lionel-messi-disrespecting-mexico-world

7 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by God1000(m): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
Maybe it was a mistake, Messi is a very humble and peaceful footballer.

He will apologize

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Messi incurred the wrath of boxing superstar Canelo after footage emerged of the Argentina captain with a Mexico shirt in front of him on the floor in the dressing room during the post-match celebrations, according to the Mirror.
As Messi pulled off his boot, he appeared to have caught the shirt with his foot and Canelo was not impressed.
Messi ain't that kinda Messy player please.
We can vouch for him.

Btw,
Did he want to beat Messi or what exactly?!
There are millions of Messi's fans in Mexico alone.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by chiefolododo(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
E

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by SpatialKing(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Na so
Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Slawomirr: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Mumu people

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Vipro(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Please, is business education a good course to study in Nigeria university?

3 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Dikaveli(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Noise maker ... Can he stand Messi bodyguards

41 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Tradepunter2: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
USELESS MESSI angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by TheChameleon: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
grin

Amusing that many don't know Canelo Alvarez, former Pound for Pound King.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by naijapips04: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
The short dwarf knows what he is doing. The guy na slow poison.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Hezzyluv: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
Messi the silent poison. Him no dey show his own rudeness publicly na behind the scene. grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by temitope27(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
That one is just looking for attention

Like if you support Messi, share if not

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by FrancescoFarino(f): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
lols

as e dey pain them, e dey sweet us

here we go !

9 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by SouthSouth1914: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
Messi’s should apologize. That’s pretty disrespectful to Mexico as a country.

16 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
Messi fans go just kill this one grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by chris4gold(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
I'm not his fan though, but I totally agree with your submission.

God1000:
Maybe it was a mistake, Messi is a very humble and peaceful footballer.

He will apologize

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Maynman: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
Imagine if it was ronaldo, they would have shouted “ego, arrogant!”

24 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Worldlychild: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
truth be told average nigerians come online to complain of suffering, but people dont take them serious that is why majority lie to get food money etc.
No one will love to beg, personaly I myself go out everyday to search for work but our country and community failed us.
Forgive me for bringin this up am going through hell i need help.
I know people will think we are lazy, we should learna skill or wash car, sell gala, trust me we do thinks way more low than that its just not working.
I dont consider suicide as an option but i need any help you can render.
Please save someone today, we rise by lifting other.
i have an old grandmother whom depend on me because she is down with stroke, i myself am striving to survive.
I wont be able to make it anymore without help from you.
Am not feeling entitled i am seeking for support.
She trained me it ismy turn to repay her.
Please
Give what you can or ignore please.

4 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Temmylee01(m): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
Dunno why Messi had to stamp on that jersey, so wrong of him, if that guy catch Messi him mouth go collapse from heavy punching oooh grin grin cheesy.

Anyways I'm here for your E-banner design, business logo design, T shirt design, and so many more.
Check my siggy for my WhatsApp contact.

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by yaksdavirus: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
Messi for the World Cup

11 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
Vote wisely

1 Like

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by JayyXXX(m): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
Tradepunter2:
He is a million times better than you'll ever be in this life and thereafter.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by tarantino1: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
Nairalanders don't know anybody in the lower weight division of boxing except Floyd Mayweather but this guy's the current GOAT of the division

Keep Messi far from him lol

4 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by SouthSouth1914: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
Maynman:
Imagine if it was ronaldo, they would have shouted “ego, arrogant!”

Very correct

6 Likes

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by GratefulSoul27(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
Unfortunately he can't see Messi

I watched the video shaa I don't know if I should call it coincidence or what because message seems like he was stretching his legs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Soso990240(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
This one just de talk anyhow. After matches, jersey de dey floor because of the sweat.
Btw, you de threaten Messi, na him fans for Mexico go treat your fuckup cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
Abeg pity Messi oh
Re: Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup by temitope27(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
Tradepunter2:

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

April 8: Griezmann Welcomes 3rd Child On Same Day As Previous Two / Tobiloba Amusan Wins Diamond League In Women's 100m Hurdles, Makes History / Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.