Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Sql Queries - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sql Queries (1872 Views)

Google ‘rankbrain’ – Search Queries Just Getting More Sharpened With AI / How To Connect Vb.net Windows Application To Php And My Sql Database / Oracle Vs Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sql Queries by cryingbaby: 6:57am On Aug 27, 2011
Please i need a help to create an sql queries for the following question.

1. A query that will demand for a particular date range, a list of all dairy tittles,creation date and thier creators email addresses. the user should be prompted for the start and end date of the required period, produce the sql code only.
Re: Sql Queries by Fayimora(m): 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
Are you sure you know what you are saying? SQL query and you talking about prompting? please check your question,
Re: Sql Queries by ax242001(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2011
cryingbaby

1. i am interested. but, i need your question in English?. 2. i need the list of Fields to report after your query filter have being commanded to?.

if query on date range? what are the values you are expecting and the date range for prompt solution?. i am waiting for your responses?

ok. tongue
Re: Sql Queries by member479760: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2011
OP, code something out first, show us then people can work on it!
Re: Sql Queries by ax242001(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
cryingbaby,

We are still waiting for the question?. if it is difficult to explain. just post a scanned copy for solution.
Re: Sql Queries by wooni(m): 1:13am On Sep 01, 2011
best queries ebooks plz
Re: Sql Queries by dhtml7(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
Na wa o, see as they guys them wan chop am. Post codes keh? If na me, i go just jar commoth for hia quick quick.

@op, you need to write some php codes and then some sql queries to run inside your php codes.
MySQL is (as them programmers will say) - a middleware application. . .
Re: Sql Queries by Kobojunkie: 2:57am On Sep 03, 2011
A lot of these question who come on here to ask questions do not bother spending time doing their homework first, to at least understand what it is they really need to ask. How can SQL Prompt user for input?
Re: Sql Queries by wassolldas: 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2011
That is possible, for example in oracle,

select * from account where id = &id;

I think they are called bind variables or something
Re: Sql Queries by Maleeq(m): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2011
SQL can prompt for input. Just as wassolidas stated, these prompts can be in the forms of literals, substitution and bind variables. What the OP needs is a substitution variable, i.e precede the input prompt variable with an ampersand. (select * from departments where dept_id = &deptID)

Bind variables are explicitly predefined variables for repeated use in the current session (declaration: var par_name, Usage: select name into :par_name from users)

@cryingbaby

Sounds like you're trying to get an assignment done for you. Best learning practice would be you pasting excerpts of your independent attempt(s) and get guide from peeps here.
Re: Sql Queries by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2011
sql prompt? as in gui prompt?
Re: Sql Queries by Fayimora(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
Am beginning to wonder to

(1) (Reply)

How Hard Is Programming / Creating A New Programming Language / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.