Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA (1061 Views)

Akwa Ibom: Sen Bassey Albert To Decamp, Contest Guber Election Under YPP / Why Ibaka Deep Sea Port Was Relocated To A New Site / Senator Bassey Albert's (OBA) Handshake With A Supporter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
“A Government that would be honest to the Oro nation, would have at least awarded a contract to build the road leading to Ibaka Deep Seaport” he said in Ibibio, adding;

“When I was a member of the Ibaka Deep Seaport Development and Implementation committee, if we were not serious, we would not have taken the steps of faith we took. By the time I left as Commissioner for Finance we had obtained the first Federal Executive Council approval for development of Ibaka Deep Seaport”.

“And before we got that approval, we had assured the Federal Government that the next Governor – which is the present one – would open the road to the seaport site.”

Explaining that contract awarded for the construction of the roads to the seaport site would demonstrate Government commitment to the actualization of the project to potential investors, the Senator added (Please read the rest via Daily Independent below)
https://independent.ng/i-will-focus-on-ibaka-deep-seaport-in-my-first-100-days-senator-bassey-albert/

To watch the video, click below to see it on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mjyfksPRE

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Kooldon(f): 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
Na swimming pool the youths of the state go there chop. Nonsense leaders everywhere
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by inahmi: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
Until we hear from the governor
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Phantom233: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
Akwaibom is surviving on d legacies of gods will akpabio. This governor is just looting and embarking on newspaper projects .
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Seefinish: 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
Good numbers of us from Oro will Vote against PDP because Oro is most marginalize ethnic group in Akwa Ibom

Oyei oyei bari afang ki
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2022
I have a documentary showing what the governor said also. Follow on, the video will soon be ready
The man has successfully sold himself as an angel
inahmi:
Until we hear from the governor
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2022
Afang ki
Right from Akpabio time, they have cheated us so stupidly

Seefinish:
Good numbers of us from Oro will Vote against PDP because Oro is most marginalize ethnic group in Akwa Ibom

Oyei oyei bari afang ki
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
Honestly.
The man Udom Emmanuel dey enjoy Akpabio advert, still dey abuse the man add
Phantom233:
Akwaibom is surviving on d legacies of gods will akpabio. This governor is just looting and embarking on newspaper projects .

1 Like

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
Foolish leaders, i tell you

Kooldon:
Na swimming pool the youths of the state go there chop.
Nonsense leaders everywhere

1 Like

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by saintkeppy(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
Oro Nation has been deceived by the current Governor, Deacon Udom, not minding that Oro Nation is in his Senatorial District as well, Gov. Udom keeps blaming Oro people for stalling the Development of the Seaport, which is a Big Lie!

Oro Nation people are wiser now, majority of the votes from that axis is earmarked for Senator Bassey Albert Akpan, CON.
Senator OBA has the Political will to get things done for Akwa Ibom people to benefit, he has my vote already.

1 Like

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by LordLugard1: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
IF TINUBU BECOME PRESIDENT, THIS SEAPORT WILL BE DEATH.
TINUBU DO NOT WANT ANY SEAPORT OUTSIDE LAGOS TO SURVIVE

3 Likes

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by DissTroy(m): 10:04am On Nov 30, 2022
saintkeppy:
Oro Nation has been deceived by the current Governor, Deacon Udom, not minding that Oro Nation is in his Senatorial District as well, Gov. Udom keeps blaming Oro people for stalling the Development of the Seaport, which is a Big Lie!

Oro Nation people are wiser now, majority of the votes from that axis is earmarked for Senator Bassey Albert Akpan, CON.
Senator OBA has the Political will to get things done for Akwa Ibom people to benefit, he has my vote already.

Lies! No people are as self-destructive as the Oro people. Throw peanuts at the influencers (online and offline) of the Oro people and they'd sing your praises. Udom knows this, that's why every election cycle, he throws peanuts at them, make some low-level appointments and all is good.

I'm Ibibio and I can tell you that there are more Ibibios fighting Udom's attempted diversion of the Deep Seaport (even though he's our kinsman) than Oros.

You people aren't ready to get the recognition. My LGA gets more money from oil sales redistribution than Mbo LGA even though Mbo has slightly more oil than we do.

My LGA also got #6 billion of the 2023 budget while Mbo got peanuts and are quiet. Even at that, we are putting the heat on the Governor for not allocating more and he's gotten more opposition from us.

Fight for what you want if you want to be respected as a people in Akwa Ibom. I'm Ibibio and honest enough to let you know we won't give you on a platter of gold.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Opinedecandid(m): 10:21am On Nov 30, 2022
This is ridiculous, hypocritical and clout-chasing.

This is someone that never spoke to criticize Governor Udom Emmanuel for 7 years as a PDP Senator and a hopeful beneficiary of the Guber Ticket to be handed to him by Udom as it then were.

I'm not holding briefs for Gov. Udom, neither am I saying Udom has done well, because he has also failed.
But let OBA not start nke to feign all righteous and patriotic because he wishes to seek political gains from it.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thank you for your honesty.
But it is unfair at the same time, to appear to generalize all Oro people as self-destructive.
It's th same thing with the Ibibios and Annangs - the ethnic units are struggling between blending with their fellow Akwa Ibomites and uniting internally...

DissTroy:

Lies! No people are as self-destructive as the Oro people. Throw peanuts at the influencers (online and offline) of the Oro people and they'd sing your praises. Udom knows this, that's why every election cycle, he throws peanuts at them, make some low-level appointments and all is good.

I'm Ibibio and I can tell you that there are more Ibibios fighting Udom's attempted diversion of the Deep Seaport (even though he's our kinsman) than Oros.

You people aren't ready to get the recognition. My LGA gets more money from oil sales redistribution than Mbo LGA even though Mbo has slightly more oil than we do.

My LGA also got #6 billion of the 2023 budget while Mbo got peanuts and are quiet. Even at that, we are putting the heat on the Governor for not allocating more and he's gotten more opposition from us.

Fight for what you want if you wanted to be respected as a people in Akwa Ibom. I'm Ibibio and honest enough to let you know we won't give you on a platter of gold.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2022
Finally oh, Akwa Ibom cannot cope under another harsh, stingy, heartless government as is known of the personality of Umo Eno.

OBA is most def not perfect, but anyone who has followed the story of politics in Akwa Ibom knows that this one will not treat the people as terribly as Udom has done. Imagine pensions, gratuities, promotion benefits all denied. Imagine the scam Udom singlehandedly did with Ibaka deep seaport.

We all know, even if OBA aims to steal as Udom has done, he is known to be super-generous through the years of his career even from banking.

So, the people will need to pick based on reputation and character.

Opinedecandid:
This is ridiculous, hypocritical and clout-chasing.

This is someone that never spoke to criticize Governor Udom Emmanuel for 7 years as a PDP Senator and a hopeful beneficiary of the Guber Ticket to be handed to him by Udom as it then were.

I'm not holding briefs for Gov. Udom, neither am I saying Udom has done well, because he has also failed.
But let OBA not start nke to feign all righteous and patriotic because he wishes to seek political gains from it.

1 Like

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2022
You see, that is one horror we are not even considering

LordLugard1:
IF TINUBU BECOME PRESIDENT, THIS SEAPORT WILL BE DEATH.
TINUBU DO NOT WANT ANY SEAPORT OUTSIDE LAGOS TO SURVIVE
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by saintkeppy(m): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
DissTroy:

Fight for what you want if you wanted to be respected as a people in Akwa Ibom. I'm Ibibio and honest enough to let you know we won't give you on a platter of gold.

Lies are all over this your post, &it's very Laughable, it might Interest you to know that Oro People stood against the Self-Centered interior motives of His Excellency about the DeepSeaport in the first place, led by Engr. Nkpubre the former CEO of NigerDock, &Chairman, Ibaka Deepseaport implementation committee, a body setup by the Oro Union, this led to a much heated arguments in the polity, which mandated the Governor to discuss it in a media chat where He spoke about the DeepSeaport issues after getting approval from FG, saying in our local parlance that "mbon Oron" are the ones stalling the Development of the DeepSeaport Project, that the Oro People wrote several petitions to the investors who were ready to do business as regards the DeepSeaport. Those petitions are in public domain, I can give you references, if you want

First, Oro People were against the change of the proposed DeepSeaport's name from Ibaka to Ibom, Oro People demanded that the Seaport should take the name from its location as International Maritime best practices, e.g Apapa, Tin Can, Lekki DeepSeaport in Lagos.
Onne Port in Rivers State, Warri port in Delta State, Calabar Port in Cross River State.

Secondly, Governor Udom altered the original plan or concept of the Seaport as envisioned by His Excellency Arc. Victor Attah, former Governor of the State, by taking away the main harbour from the deepest point in Ibaka to somewhere else, perharps shallow location to shortchange Oro People, leaving just the Residential area, an aspect of the Deepseaport to be within the Oro territory with no economic value, his motives was bore out of greed, Self-Centeredness&probably out of envy& Jealousy of the Oro People.

As host community, we placed our honest demands, for all to see, the investors saw reasons with us, they left, FG suspended their own contributions, the investors told the Governor to settle all the outstanding issues with the host for peace to reign before they can commit their hard earned money to the project, if Oro People were greedy as you pointed out, why didn't they accept the Governor's peanuts so he can have his way, Gov. Udom feels he can go ahead with his plans without Oro People's opinion about the project &it has backfired, since we got approval have you seen or heard anything going on at the proposed site? Oro People are not anti-development, they're not fighting the Governor or Government, let the plan of the seaport remains the way it was planned, simple then watch as Oro People cooperate to Government to see it through the Seaport is mearnt for every Akwa Ibomites&Nigerians at Large to do business, so I don't see any reason why Gov. Udom should play politics with it.
A typical well-educated &exposed Oro Man do not wants to be self-destructive, but wants development.

I understand we are the third leg in the Ethnic tripod of the State, you don't expect us to compete with other majorities but we're always available on the table when power is shared, During Obong Victor Attah Administration, we had Commissioners in some good ministries about 4out of 5 LGAs, some appointed heads of other Govt. Agencies, Speaker AKHA, a Legislative arm of Government, State Party Chairmen(PDP), the help stabilize Government of Obong Attah.

During Chief Godswill Akpabio, 4commissioners, some were also appointed heads of Govt. Agencies, SA, SSA, &Federal Minister sent to Abuja to rep Akwa Ibom State slot(Akon Eyakenyi), Akpabio tidy up deplorable roads &Streets in Oron Town about 33 of them tarred completely with drainages.

Under Gov. Udom just two Commissioners, (Orman Esin& Hon. Uno), SSG appointed a couple of years ago, we hardly find an Oron man in other Agencies as head, a couple of SA, no know industry initiated in Oro Fed.Constituency that is working, the Gov. Udom promised to dualized Airport-Okobo-Nsit Atai to Oron Town, now go &see the poor quality of work done on that road, the entire State believed Deacon Udom in 2015 but as at now he has failed to deliver in some aspect.

If an Oron man was self-destructive, our Federal lawmaker@FHoR then Hon. Robinson Uwak(2011-205) wouldn't have voiced out in the Green Chamber to FG to recognize Oro Nation as an Oil producing communities, it was granted after fact findings, but Gov. Udom have refused to sign the documents for implementation, it's still on the Governor's table, so can you say it's an Oro Man fault?

Our Lawmaker@FHoR died in Office (RT. Hon Nse Ekpenyong) uptill now our seat is still vacant, Gov. Udom no send the people of Oro in that regard as the leader of the party in the State as well as knowing fully well that we are part of his Senatorial District. Theres no steady power supply in Oron Town &other villages within Oro, the People are not treated fairly in his Government compared to other previous two Administrations. So you will still blame Oro People for bad Governance meted out to them by Gov. Udom? Who does not like good thing?

From his actions, Governor Udom has this hatred for Oro People, but what have we done to deserve such hatred, absolutely nothing!

We will all wait for him &his prefferred &annoited candidate at the polling Units across Oro Nation on 11th March, 2023.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by DissTroy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
Naijapromoter:
Thank you for your honesty.
But it is unfair at the same time, to appear to generalize all Oro people as self-destructive.
It's th same thing with the Ibibios and Annangs - the ethnic units are struggling between blending with their fellow Akwa Ibomites and uniting internally...

Oro people self-destruct because the most vocal and visible of them sell the people out.

In 2020, when Udom fraudulently removed Oro communities as oil-bearing areas, there was a little protest but after he made a few appointments and gave some monies, it all died down. Meanwhile my own LGA and fellow Ibibio LGAs which bear oil get the full compensations.

Are Oro people still talking about it? No. When Uyo-Oron road was so bad in 2018, didn't the Governor pay some people and made empty promises to fix the road for reelection? Didn't Oro people sabotage it? You want me to mention names?
My LGA made a very good bargain to get his support?

The current Senator of the Senatorial District is a woman and underperforming. Did Oro people berate her? Isn't she running on the PDP ticket as Deputy Governor which we know won't bring anything tangible to Oro people?

The seafood business in Oro area, who controls it? Who benefits? The taxes are not reflected in the state financial report. The sea vessels are controlled by non-Oro people.

I've given up on speaking up for the Oro people. You can't help people who are bent on self-destructing.
I have nothing to lose. My LGA is oil-bearing, gets projects and investments (foreign, state and federal), we don't suffer the hazard of oil-drilling as most of our oil isn't in residential areas and we still get juicy positions in government (federal or state).

I can mention names of Oro people sabotaging Oro Nation but you people won't help yourselves. You love peanuts and being pushed around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by saintkeppy(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
DissTroy:

Which LGA are you from that earns ₦6Billion in a year?
That means your LGA should be competing with Uyo the State Capital in terms of Infrastructures, good roads, Primary Health Centres etc all executed by your LG Chairman, my broda forget that figures you see, it's on paper, the real Ca$hMo₦€¥ is with the Governor, what he does is he give order for the release of money for Council wagebill, i.e to pay salaries, the little that remains is being shared among the Excos&DPO, LG revenue is what some LG chairmen used in executing minor projects like grading local roads, farm roads, renovation of some schools, sink boreholes etc.
No LGA have access to such funds, it's joint account with State, the State controls all kobo Allocated to LGAs, what the Council Chairmen does is payment of salaries, that's why they're hand-picked or selected &they must be loyal to Governor to occupy those offices.

Until we have LG autonomy before any Chairman can have access to such funds.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Anybody who has ears should hear this declaration. It is the truth and Oro people will definitely pay back Udom Emmanuel for his deception and vindictive posture towards them.

saintkeppy:

Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by Naijapromoter: 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
Me I believe Oro people should mount serious pressure on this Udom Emmanuel. They should've done so to Akpabio and then Udom. In fact I am happy that they did not allow Udom get away with the theft of Ibom deep seaport.

saintkeppy:

Which LGA are you from that earns ₦6Billion in a year?
That means your LGA should be competing with Uyo the State Capital in terms of Infrastructures, good roads, Primary Health Centres etc all executed by your LG Chairman, my broda forget that figures you see, it's on paper, the real Ca$hMo₦€¥ is with the Governor, what he does is he give order for the release of money for Council wagebill, i.e to pay salaries, the little that remains is being shared among the Excos&DPO, LG revenue is what some LG chairmen used in executing minor projects like grading local roads, farm roads, renovation of some schools, sink boreholes etc.
No LGA have access to such funds, it's joint account with State, the State controls all kobo Allocated to LGAs, what the Council Chairmen does is payment of salaries, that's why they're hand-picked or selected &they must be loyal to Governor to occupy those offices.

Until we have LG autonomy before any Chairman can have access to such funds.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by saintkeppy(m): 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2022
Naijapromoter:
Me I believe Oro people should mount serious pressure on this Udom Emmanuel. They should've done so to Akpabio and then Udom. In fact I am happy that they did not allow Udom get away with the theft of Ibom deep seaport.

Udom feels he can do anyhow at the Ibaka Deepseaport & get away with it.
Oro Elders wrote petitions, where the investors saw reason with us &left, the investors advice Udom to iron out outstanding issues with Oro people so they can invest in the project.
Reasons the project was stalled.
Senator OBA will handle the Seaport project appropriately, when elected as Governor.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by saintkeppy(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
Naijapromoter:
Anybody who has ears should hear this declaration. It is the truth and Oro people will definitely pay back Udom Emmanuel for his deception and vindictive posture towards them.

Senator OBA is a done deal in the entire Oro Nation, he will be back soon from his Political travails to kick off the second phase of his ward-to-ward campaigns by January next year.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by maxlev1: 8:03am On Dec 22, 2022
saintkeppy:

Senator OBA is a done deal in the entire Oro Nation, he will be back soon from his Political travails to kick off the second phase of his ward-to-ward campaigns by January next year.
Have Senator OBA been allowed to tender an appeal on his case?
It will be way better and to his advantage if he is out of prison and physically available during the elections than been locked up there at the time of his election.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by saintkeppy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2022
maxlev1:

Have Senator OBA been allowed to tender an appeal on his case?
It will be way better and to his advantage if he is out of prison and physically available during the elections than been locked up there at the time of his election.

He has Appeal the Judgement of the Lower court, obtaining "Stay of Execution" @The Appeal Court in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

He will be out by January, the time is short for the court to act at this time cos of end of the year Recess, to resume January.

Senator OBA's incarceration has attracted more sympathy to him personally & Young Progressives Party (YPP) in particular going forward to the elections, infact more supporters has increased exponentially, Electorates in the State are not happy about his Political travails across party lines, because he offers alternative, especially PDP, those in PDP who knows OBA's good antecedents while he was in PDP are not happy with Gov. Udom &most of them have resolve to give Senator OBA that much needed supports during election on the 11th of March, 2023.

I have gone to 5LGAs of YPP Ward Tours,since he was incarcerated, I can tell you the turn out was massive &unprecedented, that is i was shock to see such massive crowd in Wards in those villages, the love for Senator OBA is pure Organic, ain't fake or bought with money.
Re: Why Ibaka Deep Seaport Stalled Under Udom Emmanuel - Sen. Bassey Albert | OBA by maxlev1: 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
saintkeppy:

He has Appeal the Judgement of the Lower court, obtaining "Stay of Execution" @The Appeal Court in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
I am really happy to learn that he has tendered an appeal to the Court. Hopefully he will be out by January. Yes there is a lot of sympathy on his side, even from some former non-supporters whom have now turned out to become his supporters. The truth is that the event of the last few weeks in his life that led him prison is working in his favour. This upcoming election will be very interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits The Palace Of Ewi Of Ado Ekiti (Pictures) / House Of Reps Members From Katsina State Resigns From APC (pictures) / APC Is Currently Doing Well In SE And SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.