Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” (17755 Views)

Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure / Peter Obi Explains Why He Was Mentioned In Pandora Papers / Peter Obi Explains How Buhari Could Have Ended ASUU Strike In One Month (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Trendingbiz042: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2022
tinsel:
Peter the biggest importer of consumer goods in nigeria. Let him start with himself.

Honestly illiteracy is a disease. What concerns importation from production. Did you even read what you stated with regards to production and consumption? because u hear consumption you then think it’s all about importation. Mugu. Read what he said and learn what he means from consumption to production. Consumption is not importation. No nation don’t import. America as the greatest nation imports goods and they’re the highest in production. Read mugu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Simeonjoe1: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
The time he partnered with a local rice manufacturer up there in the North,, you didn't see that one as being productive and creating more opportunities for the people living close to the manufacturer??

Abeg na Mumu go dey defend manifesto and written words. Oga stop with the lamba tell us how he'll do it?
What will he do differently from buhari?
Or you think buhari is not doing all the above?
Abegi all man for himself
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2022
If your not going to vote peter obi your going to die ijn as a Youth na peter obi be sure bet me am fucking tired of giving you or anybody urgent 2k vote peter obi now! Oh

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Simeonjoe1: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2022
Mckandre:

banning importation is a drastic moves that will hurt Nigeria rather than Saving it. its like a double edged sword, u can't do one and think the other wont backfire. Have u forgotten? What result did Buhari government imposed on the borders yield? Did local production increased or saved Nigeria from the present food inflation?
Theirs no country that doesn't import goods be it the top dog, American, uk, china and co. If u must curtail importation, the country must have a sustainable production avenue to reach the entire population, good security networks for farmers safety, if non of these re present, cost of commodities will rise due to scarcity and at the same time more smugglers will Penetrate the borders to meet up demand, thereby skipping tax/custom charges which in turn affects the country's GDP. The best approach is to open boarders, goods which are brought in should be taxed and invest the money from the tax on fortifying the local production stronghold.

So what should we do. Open the border and flood into the country foods and commodity for it to be cheap?
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by CheapHomes1: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Peter Obi Finally Explains His Popular Mantra: “From Consumption To Production”

Source: https://www.facebook.com/1153952567961789/posts/6106969859326677

We shall pursue a drastic reduction in cost of governance and corruption

this is the most important part of this manifesto

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by BigBashiru: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2022
sonature1:
May God help Peter Obi to win the next presidential election, amen.

you need to go out and stand in the sun and vote not lazily waiting for "God"

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by CheapHomes1: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
This mad man can only deceive gullible idiots like himself

how did he do that?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by kennethesan(m): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2022
He started it, they all use it. If you miss this chance OF hiring the best, Nigerians it is well with you...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by winnah(f): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2022
What is he importing... Can you mention? Do you know how next cash and carry has supported SMes...

He has created an hub for local manufacturers to have a place to sell their products.... Next cash is like Alibaba.....

90% of the goods in a mall are vendors products... Who saw a platform for them to sale their products...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Simeonjoe1: 10:19am On Nov 30, 2022
abbeyfel:
I read through your comment and couldn't deduce what you were actually trying to say That locally produced commodities are costlier than imported ones? Can you put such comparison side by side for us who don't know to know please? Which local produced dey more expensive than it's imported counterparts.

Is Peter Obi currently producing any product in Nigeria that we can call a truly Nigerian brand with all the billions he has thus far? Why has he been so much into importation in contrast to the production of products locally? I'm not saying investing in a business that produces locally, but actually owing one or more! So what is he (Peter Obi) really saying? Where did he get the experience to do what he says to do?

This is how most politicians start off on the wrong note! Having a blueprint you have never tested anywhere, or even been part of working such idea(s) before. It looks good on paper doesn't mean it will work. There are forces you sure have not met, so this promise should just be held as a pinch of salt!

Peace bro wink

All na lamba believe politicians at your own risk....
No be only consumption to production but how?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2022
Stay alert any vote buy from PDP or APC just report them to police

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by CheapHomes1: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2022
Obaofaba:
Peter Obi is a fraud cc .

No manifesto

is it not manifesto that you just read?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by casualobserver: 10:21am On Nov 30, 2022
Olamilekan1555:

Sometimes i wonder how people like you think, were you at the governors office throughout the first day? No buy you are here telling us that he day was bad oga a ba na no be everybody dull like you na grin grin use your head abeg.

1st day In office and the HOA told him the pronouncements he made are illegal and he cannot reverse thing without the backing of the house of assembly. All but 3 members of the HOA are APC.

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1506631-osun-assembly-rejects-governor-adelekes-decision-rename-state/

What really worries me about you Obidenses is that you are clearly very ignorant people. The good thing is you can’t possibly win. But it is worrisome just how powerful and potentially damaging an ignorant mob can be. At least I have a head, you do t seem to have one. Like Reno said a mob has no head and by extension no brains!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Ttalk: 10:22am On Nov 30, 2022
CheapHomes1:

is it not manifesto that you just read?

Why are you just jumping from one thread to the other asking meaningless questions

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by CheapHomes1: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2022
abbeyfel:
I read through your comment and couldn't deduce what you were actually trying to say That locally produced commodities are costlier than imported ones? Can you put such comparison side by side for us who don't know to know please? Which local produced dey more expensive than it's imported counterparts.

Is Peter Obi currently producing any product in Nigeria that we can call a truly Nigerian brand with all the billions he has thus far? Why has he been so much into importation in contrast to the production of products locally? I'm not saying investing in a business that produces locally, but actually owing one or more! So what is he (Peter Obi) really saying? Where did he get the experience to do what he says to do?

This is how most politicians start off on the wrong note! Having a blueprint you have never tested anywhere, or even been part of working such idea(s) before. It looks good on paper doesn't mean it will work. There are forces you sure have not met, so this promise should just be held as a pinch of salt!

Peace bro wink

what are those forces he has not met? in 2015, tinubu told nigerians that buhari is a general of generals, the best thing that nigeria needed. what happened? did buhari not have the experience to rule nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by winnah(f): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

So what should we do. Open the border and flood into the country foods and commodity for it to be cheap?

I think his writeup is constructive enough for u to see his assertions... He just explained everything...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by CheapHomes1: 10:24am On Nov 30, 2022
Ttalk:

Why are you just jumping from one thread to the other asking meaningless questions

are you flying from thread to thread? how do you know am jumping from thread to thread if you arent jumping from thread to thread? is it not manifesto that you just read?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by olaztek(m): 10:27am On Nov 30, 2022
CheapHomes1:

when you say "insecurity", what do you mean? is insecurity the major reason for the lack of progress in nigeria?
Security of lives and properties.

Farmers couldn't go to their farms due to attacks of killer herdsmen and bandits. Terrorists are vandalizing oil pipelines and looting our crude oil.

Foreign investors and Nigerian businessmen are being kidnapped on a daily basis. Mass killing and bombing of crucial infrastructures.

Now, tell me how Nigeria can be progressive with all these evils?
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by abbeyfel: 10:28am On Nov 30, 2022
CheapHomes1:

what are those forces he has not met? in 2015, tinubu told nigerians that buhari is a general of generals, the best thing that nigeria needed. what happened? did buhari not have the experience to rule nigeria?
What are you saying na? How does this even relate to what I said?
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Drbarmes(m): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2022
Nothing new. Same old agriculture and sme story.
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by sonature1: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2022
BigBashiru:

you need to go out and stand in the sun and vote not lazily waiting for "God"

My PVC is here and I am waiting for the D-day!
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Blaze14k: 10:37am On Nov 30, 2022
abbeyfel:

Peace bro wink

Bro you dont need a farmer to be a president before you know he can transform the country from consumption to production. He said it time and time again the reason he did so well with the economy is because he cut down the cost of governance. Am not saying president buhari didnt invest in agriculture. After showing us the rice pyramid everyone thought the price of rice will come down but it didnt instead it kept increasing and they kept borrowing.

Do you know why the economy is so bad? Its because the ruling class want us to remain poor cos that is what the west want from them. The more we suffer the west provide aids and lend us money so they take our resources. Why do you think the refineries are not working till date.

Ok lemme put it from a different perspective. How many places can you count peter obi visited during the massive flood and still carried on with his campaign? Compare it with other president aspirants. Look Nigeria need someone who will engage with the people and find out what they need. Obviously he is going to encounter alot of external forces buh peter obi is a man of character he wont shy away from any intimidation.

One thing he said i cant believe up till date is the fact that he has a direct communication with all the school prefect when he was the governor of anambra state. Also of recent the CP he spoke about just donated a building in nassarawa for his political campaign.

Look this is not about tribe cos south east and south south voted for atiku 2019. We vote for someone who is best to rule the country and i believe peter obi is the one.
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Chiboy419: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
You cannot just stop loving this man PETER-OBI..

Do you know what a “Value Chain” is??
So, someone who has a mega-store that sells all types of wares, both imported and locally-produced is now the problem of Nigeria?

Let me come even...
Between locally produced goods and imported goods, which one should be costlier?
(You know the answer naa..)
(So, tell me why locally produced goods are costlier in Nigeria, despite all the customs taxes on imported goods)..

Now, a businessman who saw all these, and got convinced deep within himself that something must be very wrong with the system itself, for it to even be possible that “imported goods are cheaper than locally produced goods, despite all the costs of the importation itself, and the taxes that were imposed on imported goods”, and he told himself the truth...
And decided to come and help in fixing it.
But then, he found out that the people who are running the system are the problem with the system., and thus, he cannot fix the system from outside the system.
He must enter into the system and start the cleansing process from the inside.

The Nigerian System as it is currently doesn't favour small manufacturers.

Peter Obi wants to help these small manufacturers.

This is him thinking about others.

AND YOU'RE HERE LITTERING THIS THREAD WITH SENSELESS PROPAGANDA.??

U must make heaven bro

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by PHIPEX(m): 10:39am On Nov 30, 2022
abbeyfel:
My question buddy. Is the purported sales of locally produced commodities or imported products? Cause if I remember vividly, Peter Obi is into the sales and distribution of imported items. Prove me wrong please.
So you went to his business to take inventory of his stocks and realised they are all foreign?

Is his Fidelity bank part of your imported goods? Isn't it part of production?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by 00FFT00(m): 10:40am On Nov 30, 2022
Obaofaba:

I have a brutal question for the so called obidient people. Please be sincere to your God while answering this question:

If Bola Ahmed Tinubu was the one who mismanaged anambra state the way Peter Obi did, will you be campaigning for him?

With mismanagement, I mean:

Washed road constructed due to erosion

Tribal and religious bigot

Strike by both medical doctors and ASUU

No visible achievement

Lies

Pandora paper indictments

Using state fund for family business; Hero beer

Sworn never to leave apga (lack integrity)

Grew poverty from 25% to more than 50%

You claimed atiku is a thief yet he was his running mate three years ago.

Claimed not to be corrupt but he's one of those that ground this country. Same or worst than anyone else.

No manifesto

No ideology

No structure

Has soft spot for ipob

In my opinion, the only way anyone will vote for Obi is because he is an Igbo man not because of his performance and that's not right because he'll be coming to throw Nigeria into security, economy, political and religious crisis. Everyone reasonable enough must help stop him.

You said you don't want a Tinubu to lead and you are voting an Obi? Sorry dear your vote is worthless than rejected votes. Because of sentimental politics some people are playing, Atiku chances is getting slimmer by the day.

Congratulations To The Jagaban of Universe.

Equally, be honest to whatever you serve and answer the following:

1. If Peter Gregory Obi mismanaged, stole and continued stealing Lagos state blind in the manner Ahmed Tinubu continue to do, will you be
campaigning for him?.

2. If Peter Gregory Obi is a confirmed and indicted heroin dealer as Ahmed Tinubu has been confirmed to be, will you campaign for him?.

3. If Peter Gregory Obi is confirmed to have pocketed Anambra state, in perpetration of state capture as Ahmed Tinubu has been confirmed
to have done, will you campaign for him?.

4. If Peter Gregory Obi's education credentials are confirmed as a hoax, as is the case with Ahmed Tinubu, will you campaign for him?.

5. If Peter Gregory Obi's parentage is being deliberately obfuscated in furtherance of a fraudulent existence, as has been confirmed to be
Ahmed Tinubu's modus operandi, will you campaign for him?.

6. If Ahmed Tinubu, unlike Peter Gregory Obi, having failed in governance as a governor in a state already built and situated as a federal
capital Lagos, today one of the worst places to live in the world. Tinubu did not leave legacy projects behind, and only lay claim to strides
achieved by his successors, will you campaign for him?

7. If Peter Gregory Obi's is visibly failed in health, demented and obviously in the 80s in age, arrogant and condescending,
completely lacks moral balance, as Ahmed Tunubu has consistently shown himself to be, will you campaign for him?.

Do I need to enumerate further?. Will you be here disgracing yourself in the guise of support and campaign for Peter Obi, as you do for the man on whose behalf you daily insult of sensibilities?
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Musaspp(m): 10:45am On Nov 30, 2022
This man understands his thoughts and can present it well. Can someone advice other Presidential aspirants to begin to do same. NO MORE POLITICAL ONE CHANCE. #getyourpvc #votewisely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by michoim(m): 10:47am On Nov 30, 2022
What a nonsense. This OBI sabi dub from APC. Just repeating in word what APC is actually and already doing on ground...
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Marpol2021(m): 10:49am On Nov 30, 2022
Na so your mumu don reach? Pamper grandpa that doesn't knows his parents, no relatives, no primary/secondary cert. His only sources of income is via drugs. A man that is not intellectual stable (calling PVC apv) a
man that is good in speaking jargon (bulalo labulu). God for bid bating,he called his self the bat and his folk are call urchins....
Obaofaba:

I have a brutal question for the so called obidient people. Please be sincere to your God while answering this question:

If Bola Ahmed Tinubu was the one who mismanaged anambra state the way Peter Obi did, will you be campaigning for him?

With mismanagement, I mean:

Washed road constructed due to erosion

Tribal and religious bigot

Strike by both medical doctors and ASUU

No visible achievement

Lies

Pandora paper indictments

Using state fund for family business; Hero beer

Sworn never to leave apga (lack integrity)

Grew poverty from 25% to more than 50%

You claimed atiku is a thief yet he was his running mate three years ago.

Claimed not to be corrupt but he's one of those that ground this country. Same or worst than anyone else.

No manifesto

No ideology

No structure

Has soft spot for ipob

In my opinion, the only way anyone will vote for Obi is because he is an Igbo man not because of his performance and that's not right because he'll be coming to throw Nigeria into security, economy, political and religious crisis. Everyone reasonable enough must help stop him.

You said you don't want a Tinubu to lead and you are voting an Obi? Sorry dear your vote is worthless than rejected votes. Because of sentimental politics some people are playing, Atiku chances is getting slimmer by the day.

Congratulations To The Jagaban of Universe.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by Simeonjoe1: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2022
winnah:

I think his writeup is constructive enough for u to see his assertions... He just explained everything...
OK...
But he mentioned sustainable development, but to reach that import restriction is one policy to explore, yeah security, infrastructure are also others...
Other country already has far comparative advantage more than you, it might take years or even decades to meet up and your price to be competitive and low as theirs so till then you're already at disadvantage selling at higher price hence the reason for high local cost....
When you import cheaper for that same product you create a strong competition for local products and if care is not taken you can close local products as it'll not be sustainable.

When you improve tarrif and tax on imports then prices goes up hence your purpose of cutting inflation is defeated. This is Nigeria,there's no fixed prices for anything. Producers moves prices as they deem fit, if imported rice are sold 40k local rice will also increase their prices too, so where back to our quagmire.
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by ThatsONYI: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2022
shocked

What about supporting our local inventors and more innovative people like aba fashion designers, onicha boys and etc??
Re: Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” by tinsel: 10:53am On Nov 30, 2022
Trendingbiz042:

Honestly illiteracy is a disease. What concerns importation from production. Did you even read what you stated with regards to production and consumption? because u hear consumption you then think it’s all about importation. Mugu. Read what he said and learn what he means from consumption to production. Consumption is not importation. No nation don’t import. America as the greatest nation imports goods and they’re the highest in production. Read mugu
I have nothing to tell because you are blind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sheriff & Kashamu Dance As They Host PDP Meeting In Ogun (Photos) / President Buhari Visits Emir Of Kano HRH Aminu Ado (Photos) / EFCC Detains Badeh, To Hold Amosu Over Arms Deal

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.