Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece (14256 Views)

Stop Buying Fuel For Your Generator Every Night, Use Solar Power And Inverter / Automatic Generator And Pomping Machine Stopper. Made In Nigeria / Are You A Brilliant Writer,feature/magazine Content Generator And Interviews? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by lagbaja(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2006
Genverters (Generator + Inverter In 1 Piece) Solution To Power Problems In Nigeria

Genverters: By coupling an existing generator to a battery charger, battery bank and inverter, efficiencies are increased and costs are decreased.

The most common power source for homes off the utility line is a gas or diesel generator. As long as this generator is run close to its rated capacity, efficiencies are maximized and costs are kept relatively low. However, this is usually not the practice. Many generators without battery banks are run 16 hours a day or more at only a small fraction of their potential power. The result is that the cost per kilowatt hour of electricity goes sky high.

Now consider the addition of a battery bank, a battery charger which operates whenever the generator is run, and an inverter which powers the AC loads from the battery bank whenever the generator is off. This can reduce daily generator run time and dramatically reduce the cost of power. In some instances, efficiency can be increased even further by sizing the generator to run occasional very large loads and thus avoiding the need for an extra-large inverter and additional battery capacity.

Imagine saving 70% of what you presnetly pay to power your business buy replacing your generator with a genverter.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by iginla(m): 4:18am On Feb 28, 2006
I hope to see one of this equipment-this innovation o
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by twinstaiye(m): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2006
Sounds interesting! so what about it? what is the deal?
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Seun(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2006
If the generator is quiet I would love to have a small version of what you've described. I think it's a brilliant idea. Are you going into the business of "Genverter" manufacturing and do you need marketers or sponsors?
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by gospelman(m): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2006
Lagbaja,please, if you are serious about this,do not wait any longer.
I am very interested.So let me know the cost and I will get you working.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by lagbaja(m): 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2006
you will get to hear more about it pretty soon
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by otokx(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2006
this sounds like a whole lot of theory
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by axeprince(m): 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2006
I wonder when people will encouraged to do more in this country when we have people like this,
otokx:

this sounds like a whole lot of theory

Anyway sha, Lagbaja, abeg keep us posted,I am thinking of up an institue to fund such project, it is the only way forward for us here in Nigeria, no hope from the Government, at least for now, abi na lie?
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Ynot(m): 5:25am On Mar 01, 2006
Your outline resembles that of a typical 'continuous UPS'. The only difference being the power source and the duration of operation. Point is, what kind/make of battery bank will you use to power most business equipment? Bearing in mind that all batteries have a maximum current they can produce per given milliamp/hour of operation rating. How many will be needed per unit? How will the said batteries be connected (serials or parallel and the dis/advantage of each)? Will it be cost effective to whats obtainable to a given generator of equal efficiency. I'm not by any means trying to squash your well thought-out business plan but you need to consider the factors.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by lagbaja(m): 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2006
This product will soon be available in our market. IBM once thought Bill Gate's idea was stupid, they regretted years later.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Seun(m): 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2006
Look, Mr. Lagbaja, nobody is fighting with you. I asked whether you need marketers or sponsors and you aren't answering the question. You seem to be only interested in fighting skeptics. We say we are ready to support, but you are only interested in those that are not. What exactly do you want from us? angry
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by axeprince(m): 3:05am On Mar 02, 2006
<<mod: a load of bull>>
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by twinstaiye(m): 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2006
I also hasten to ask too that what exactly does Lagbaja want from us.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by gbadex1(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2006
am curious . lagbaja, exactly how would the genverter run? pls give us an outline, at least a circuit diagram, or pic, whatever of your proposed genverter. the batteries would need charging right? this seems to me like another remixed Inverter (no hating). what kind of battery are you gonna use? pls reply.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by donaremu(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2006
Hi Lagbaja, such a lovely idea. I strongly believe that the geninverter can work if your design is perfect. I'm an Elect. Elect engineer, i Know a bit about generators ands inverter. I have never thought of it that way, combining inverter and generator together. To every other person this project can work. I'm ready to offer any help.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by donaremu(m): 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Lagbaja, such a lovely idea. I strongly believe that it can work if your design is perfect. I'm an Elect. Elect engineer, i Know a bit about generators ands inverter. I have never thought of it that way, combining inverter and generator together. To every other person this project can work. I'm ready to offer any help.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Larufa(m): 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2006
lagbaja:

you will get to hear more about it pretty soon

I am very much interested. Always update me, my email : onanugaola@yahoo.com
What is cost estimate of a finished unit.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by ruffy98: 2:33pm On May 12, 2006
O BOY I HAIL YOU FOR THIS YOUR INNOVATIVE IDEA, I BEG I BUY THAT IDEA OF YOURS JUST KEEP IT UP.BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ILLUSTRATION, AS IN, IN A DIAGRAM FORM. wink
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by clocky(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2006
Sounds good but i think we really need to start looking at renewable sources of energy.
There is so much polution already and having a geninverter would still course polution. Solar energy should be the way to go. Cost of initial set up is high but maintance is very low and the effects on the environment is almost zero
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by adeg(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2006
clocky:

Sounds good but i think we really need to start looking at renewable sources of energy.
There is so much polution already and having a geninverter would still course polution. Solar energy should be the way to go. Cost of initial set up is high but maintance is very low and the effects on the environment is almost zero
Do you know of any serious company that can do solar for domestic use on 'affordable range?? I should be interested.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by medube(m): 10:17am On Jun 16, 2006
adeg:

Do you know of any serious company that can do solar for domestic use on 'affordable range?? I should be interested.

I don't think the 2 words 'solar' and 'affordable' usually go in the same sentence smiley
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by clocky(m): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2006
It depends on what u really want. There are lots of DIY solar panel kits that are very affordable and can help you power home appliances like a TV, fan , fridge. The trick is the more power you need the costlier it is because you would require more solar panels to generate more watts.

However this cost is just the initital set up cost as once its installed the life span can be close to 20 years without any need for repairs except occasional battery changes.

of a google search a list of companies providing solar systems can be found at http://energy.sourceguides.com/businesses/byGeo/byC/Nigeria/byP/solar/solar.shtml

If you are a DIY enthusiat u can get relatively cheap DIY kits at http://store.sundancesolar.com/plsoensy.html. They have lots of starter solar kits which can get you started if u have basic energy needs.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Seun(m): 3:04am On Jun 21, 2006
How much are they exactly? We need to see price lists!
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by doksng(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2006
Hello Lagbaja,
A schematic representation of what you are saying would go a long way in explaining your ideas
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by danielorde(m): 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2006
How often are the batteries gonna be replaced? Quaterly annually etc, please response will is highly needed
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by kengasket(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2007
hi i'm a tech guy, the name is ken and they call me gasket, well this is a hot topic, so i decided to make my own sincere contribution. well "genverter" this should not be too hard to design, infact you can achieve this with a standard 500VA generator in commbination with a 12volts power inverter that has a primary DC power source of one 12V150AHR, sealed battery, (inverter max power should not exceed 1000VA) recommended because it's good and non-serviceable. since most of these generators come with a fitted DC output power source of 12volts 1.5amp, you can use this to charge the battery and also as a feed back to the inverter to know when to shut down or to supply electrical energy. or alternatively for a better performance and control; since most well designed power inverter (smart inverters) has an automatic regulated battery charger unit inbuilt, all you need to do is to connect the output of the generator into the input of the inverter, then the output of the inverter would then go to your load (fan, tv, computer etc) switch the inverter on, you have your genverter, start the generator, and you inverter goes to standby and starts charging while through it's auto mechnism supply generator power to your load pluged into the output of the inverter, if the generator stops the inverter kicks in automatically. if you want to achieve 100% machine-self-control you can get a generator with an automatic starting system, this could be then feed back to the smart inverter. it would take more than this page to explain the smaller details but this should be enough for anybody with imagination and technical knowledge. you most make sure you have an inverter that controls every thing from charging to power source switching, auto-shut down etc (smart inverter). caution should be excersied while conducting this experiment it is not recommended for those without electrical knowledge.
however the search should be on for innovative ideas of such but in the area of renewable energy sources, not just solar energy alone, what about thermal, biogas, wave energy, wind etc. the list is endless. do you know that there is energy in biodegradble wastes? do you know that lagos alone generates enough waste to meet all of its domestic and industrial electric energy needs? well that's another topic of discussion.
for more technical info contact me on; esolutions81@yahoo.com
cheers.

1 Like

Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Bawss1(m): 11:29pm On Nov 01, 2007
Lagbaja where u at man? The people is waiting!! angry
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by ZaburyTee(m): 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2007
Hi Guys.

Its realy not as conplex as it is been discused . Geneverter, Inverters etc whatever you decide to call it
its just Inverters, and I use a standerd Nigerian made inverter at home (2 Bed Room) and I get close to 6 days No NEPA canstant power at home, mainly because its just me and my wife, so I figured the time will drop to 3 days once we have dependants leaving wit us.

What is inportant is, your energy needs will determine the type of inverter and Batterys to get
I want to identify two major users

a. Domestic or Residencial Users, and
b. Comercial Users.

for a 2-3 Bedroom flat, a 2kva localy built inverter will doo, and 3kva and above for comercial use depending on load.
The concern hear should be wether it is bult to capacity. ie, Transformer windings, Cuper tickness, Transistor Rating, and other functions.

The design of the inverter ie Cahrging systems, and Control functions (Over charge prevention cercuit, over discharge prevention circut, Overload Prevention cercuit, automatic change over, and cooling system, etc) will determine the Durability, functionality and suitabilty of the inverters.

Inported inverters will give you only functionaly, but not Durabilty, hence not suitable (Take my word for it, I've tried both)

However Nigerian inverters too, have class. majority of technicians copuling inverters are just using simple circuts theyve copied from somewere. only few of them are graduates that can think eserch, design and implement.

Dont let eny body banbozoo you with SIGNE WAVE or no SIGNE WAVE, it is only relevant for very very sensitive precision electronic equipments. non of which we use domesticaly.

There are local manufacturers In Lagos here that I culd recomend.

for more focused info. contact:

>>> tbogunbadejo@yahoo.com , tunde_meshinverters@yahoo.co.uk <<<

Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by sanmarino7(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2007
All of a sudden Lagbaja is gone, what's the deal guys are here to help you, and its not the time to go under. You just dont know who's following this tread, if the idea is still been developed let us know, so at least we pray for you. Remember Ideas rule the world. Kengasket keep it up.
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by earthrealm(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2007
another impo thing in inverters is the battery bank

@zabury tee, what type/size/ah batteriers are u using.
am trying to source 4 good durable inverter batteries.
u gat any hints?
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Segshetech: 11:01am On Mar 30, 2008
Please I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate. Will you please give a detail how I can construct interverter including with its circuit
reply to shetech30@yahoo.ca.

Thanks
Re: Genverter: Generator And Inverter In One Piece by Rlst84sale(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2008
I think this guy is genius. Nigeria needs you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forex Traders Forum / Legal way To Make Money Online In Nigeria Fast And Easy / Official Portrait Frames Of President Tinubu & all Govs of and all 36 states.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.