Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Why You Should Do Your Research Well Before Calling Every Opportunity A Scam. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Do Your Research Well Before Calling Every Opportunity A Scam. (283 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians On Twitter Calling For #endcrazycharges In Nigeria. / Lifetime Opportunity - A New Career Or Business! / Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Do Your Research Well Before Calling Every Opportunity A Scam. by Gracieiyaji(f): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
We all know that these days, scammers are becoming more skilled in their attempts to obtain your money or personal information.

Scams are successful because they imitate the actual thing and strikes when you least expect it. Scammers are becoming more sophisticated, and they are using new products, services, and significant events to their advantage in order to fabricate plausible tales that will persuade you to part with your cash or personal information.

Now in order to know legitimate opportunities, If you come across someone, physically or online, and you are unsure of the legitimacy of a business, take some time to do a bit more research. This is one of the advantages of having a phone... use it to make research. Search for credible information.

Do a thorough search on that particular business, ask questions.

Don't be in a haste to join or in a haste to call it a scam. It could be the opportunity that might make you or break you.

Search the internet for people who may have dealt with them or run a Google image search on any images you have.

A brief story.

Amaka was told about a business opportunity by her friend Sarah.
It was a business that requires learning digital skills and using it to make money in the long run.

Sarah: Hey babes, what's up?

Amaka: I am fine o babes, na sapa wan finish person oh!!

Sarah: That reminds me babes, I came across an opportunity online that might change our financial situation o. It has to do with selling things online and getting paid commission.
Though I am still doing more research about it to know how it works and if it is legit.

Amaka: Hah, all this online things na scam oh.
Have you forgotten how you were scammed online multiple times all in the name of investment?
If I were you I won't even waste my time or money on things like that oh... babes be wise o.

Sarah: I know! girl, but the reason I lost so much money back then was because I didn't carry out proper background research about the business before putting my money into it and I was looking for fast money.

Amaka: All I know is that I am not interested oh. if dem scam you again, no call me o

Amaka said while scrolling through her phone searching for ways to make quick money online without stress.

Sarah went ahead to do more research on it, found out the opportunity was legit, she signed up, studied the training and in no time she started implementing, making sales and cashing out.

She still felt like she should involve her friend.
She call her and explained everything to her... from how she signed up, implemented what she learnt and started making sales.

Amaka: Ahhh Sarah!!!! "It seems too hard o" "I don't have the money to waste on things like that" "It looks like a lot of work" "it will take so long" "I can't do it"...
Anyways I also found an opportuity that doesn't require work. You just invest certain money and get x5 in few hours.
I am still trying to raise money for it sha.

Sarah: Babes common naw, that sounds like a serious scam o, Isn't it obvious to you? how do you expect to get x5 money in just few hours without exchanging anything as value, without offering any services or selling any products?
This is similar to the scheme I lost my money to few years ago oh.

It is a ponzi scheme o, Run Far away from it.

Amaka: But babes I need this money o. The deal is juicy. Pay 20k to collect 100k in 6 hours. ... Girl this is a good deal.

Sarah: That is an invitation to throw your money away... There is nothing juicy about lossing ones money to scammers o.
OK, since you want to make money that badly, how about we study my own course together and when you understand it better before you can sign up? or you can help me advertise some of the other products in the market place and we share the commission.

Amaka: Babes, I told you that it is stressful. I don't have energy for such.

Sarah advised her friend to think about her offer and to also do a thorough research on her so called juicy deals.

But Amaka was so excited to have found "such great" opportunity that doesn't require work, no stress. It was a money doubling scheme.
She was required to bring 20k in order to get 100k.
Like who would want to miss out on something like that right?
Out of that excitement, she paid 20k without a doubt whatsover.. without even considering what her friend told her.
She was so blinded with the fact that the legit opportunity seems like hard work but the fake one seems so easy and stress free.

Now guess what, she lost that money.
Barely 2 hours after paying the 20k, Amaka baby was blocked and she couldn't get access to the person again.

She felt probably it was network.
But 2 hours turned to 2 days, 2 days to 2 weeks, 2 weeks to 2 months yet Amaka still couldn't get access the person at all.
Not even on social media or direct calls.

Amaka was served a very hot and delicious breakfast.
Amaka was now the one who has been disappointed. grin

She preferred quick money rather than researching and grabing real opportunities.

Thomas Edison said, “Recognizing opportunity is so difficult for most people because it goes around disguised in overalls, looking like hard work!”.

Most people are so quick to call every opportunity a scam without doing any form of research.

Making quick money is sweet but you know what is sweeter? Investing in yourself, Making legit money and having a long term financial system.

Keep an eye out for scams and always use your tongue to count your teeths at all times.

UltimateOnahi care's.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Which Online Platform Can One Use To Earn 1k Or 2k Daily. / How Do You Choose The Most Effective Online Reputation Management Consultants? / How To Sell To Nigerians Abroad (effective For Real Estate & Exporters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.