Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,014 members, 7,859,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

FIFA Honours Nigerian Journalist Kunle Solaja For Covering 9 World Cups - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Honours Nigerian Journalist Kunle Solaja For Covering 9 World Cups (299 Views)

FIFA Honours Osimhen With Special Ball, Jersey After His Outstanding Performance / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score In Five World Cups / Obiageli Solaja Wins African Women In Badminton Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Honours Nigerian Journalist Kunle Solaja For Covering 9 World Cups by profoejr(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
Kunle Solaja, Nigerian journalist and publisher of Sports Village Square, has been honoured by FIFA, in collaboration with the International Sports Press Association (AIPS), for his coverage of nine World Cup tournaments.

The ace sports journalist was celebrated alongside 81 others in a ceremony held in Doha, Qatar, on Tuesday.

Solaja and South Africa’s Mark Glesson are the only Africans decorated with the prize.

They were presented with a certificate of achievement jointly signed by Gianni Infantino, FIFA president, and Gianni Merlo, the AIPS president.

A miniature replica of the World Cup trophy was also awarded to the journalists.

Speaking on the achievement, Solaja said he is inspired by journalists who have covered more than 15 World Cups and described the recognition as fulfilling.

“It’s been very fantastic. The World Cup, to me, is the biggest worldwide spectacle that we can talk about. To be part of it has been very amazing and very fulfilling for me too,” he said.

“I’m further inspired by people who’ve covered 15, 16, 17 World Cups, and I hope I’ll be able to do that. In my first World Cup, I met a man, Diego Lucero, who was then known to be the only man to have watched all the editions of the World Cup.”

Solaja covered his first World Cup in 1990. He has since then travelled to all the venues of the subsequent editions to report the quadrennial competition.

https://www.thecable.ng/fifa-honours-nigerian-journalist-kunle-solaja-for-covering-9-world-cups/amp

1 Like

Re: FIFA Honours Nigerian Journalist Kunle Solaja For Covering 9 World Cups by MightyHand(m): 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
Congrats to him
Re: FIFA Honours Nigerian Journalist Kunle Solaja For Covering 9 World Cups by godofuck231: 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
ME em come home , na to knack am , em wan shine pass village people
Re: FIFA Honours Nigerian Journalist Kunle Solaja For Covering 9 World Cups by Racoon(m): 6:17am On Nov 30, 2022
Bravo! Many hearty congratulations sir.

(1) (Reply)

Okocha Holds The Record For The Most Successful Dribbles In A World Cup Game / Most African French Soccer Team V. Morocco / Federal Cooperative College Ibadan Makes History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.