Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Your Worst Commercial Advert? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Worst Commercial Advert? (13192 Views)

Tv Commercial Advert For Buhari / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by onyx79(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2007
i ll go with lula on this one, the ambi pur advert really must be the worst. All it tells me is that ladies of easy virtue would prefer the nice smelling car, (which is a lie, money not fragrance is the issue) And by implication, if i want the company of the ladies, ambi pur would help me attract them.
Now am confused undecided
See what i mean? grin
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by sugachic(f): 3:55am On Sep 05, 2007
ah, i got a whole lot of them. as 4 that guiness one, the message is aite bt d interprtation is wack, and as 4 bukky wright: "now can u see the hallsome pwer of harpic"- terrible. hollandia and fayrouz dont make sense either. i think we shld give props to the likes of mtn and bank phb who care about how excellent their commercials are.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by dominique(f): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2007
dat udeme advert is really boring but it has a strong message at the end (if you have the patience to sit thru it) and i have to admit its really ceative. but its too dull. that ambi pur advert definitely takes the crown for the worst advert. i wonder why its still on air
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by snazzydawn(f): 8:25am On Sep 05, 2007
I have to give the award to that fayrouz ad. Those black "blondes" are just so annoying. Also, that ambi pur ad is really lame. Does it mean that ambi pur encourages prostitution.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by jkpretty(f): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2007
Aki & popo OK pop advert annoys me, ok d children love it but i see those two as agbayas

"Can u see d power of harpic" that's another lame one.

I still don see what's in that "my friend Udeme" my sister loathes the advert so much & i don't like it either, it reminds me of d word "ode"

thumbs up for Bank PHb their adverts are always Da bomb!
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by amaikama(m): 9:48am On Sep 05, 2007
Guldermax ad sucks to high heaven! the way those four hefty cartoon men emerge from the chopper on the oil crane to put out a fire all in the name of Gulder really sucks. angry angry
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by drklump(m): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2007
I've gone through most of the posts and i summarise the thread as "different strokes for different people"

Radio adverts are worse than the TV adverts believe me. The pidgin english is horrifying but nothing upsets me more than guys informing someone of a great offer and the the person just informed makes statements that make him look like a genius.

Absolutely silly!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by bimlarry(f): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2007
As for me i think ariel detergent has not been lucky with adverts
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by tetede: 12:51pm On Sep 05, 2007
Harpic is the worst adv that i av ever seen , followed by KNORR'" when i had dele , my twins bla bla bla.
My friend UDEME is one of the best , you need to understand the message to know the quality of that grate advert.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by rubie(f): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2007
That indomie pepper soup advert is not it @ all, but the worst of them all is the harpic advert (it's a sunny day in Ogba, and we are looking for a house to test the power of harpic. ) Just the sight of that advert makes us change tv channels in my house.

Yes another one is Bash Ali's advert (I knock him down in the 1st round) or however it is said. It really sucks.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Modups1(f): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2007
glad most of us agree dat d harpic ad is one of d worst followed by hansbro. wat is dat ugly  creature supposed to be? a tongue - YUCK!!! tongue tongue tongue
idomie pepersoup, dont know wat they were thinkin puttin dat guy at d end tongue
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by snazzydawn(f): 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2007
as for that harpic ad, it is the same worldwide. They all have the same ads worldwide.

Another irritating plus funny ad is that one that has Fatai Rolling Dollars singing on it. I think it is De deon's syrup.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by DisGuy: 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2007
Digitest : stupidly irritating lipsrsealed

then that Samsung protector? ad by Julius Agwu utter rubbish
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by whatnext: 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2007
Ambi Pur advert is the most irritating. I wonder why anyone will pick any advert over it, except if u've not seen it on TeeVee.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by DisGuy: 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2007
yup if you can upload them (adverts) online(youtube) then we can pick the winner cheesy
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by habibhans(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2007
the one i hate most is the current coca-cola advert as it so irritating & does not make any sense or give any message to make people keep drinking it coca-cola.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by teeroy(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2007
i love "udeme". it has even eaten into the slang circle.
The fayrouz advert is lame. totally lame.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Alert(f): 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2007
I used to hate udeme  because  I saw it as a long story and a waste of time but after I listened to it I started to like it and everyone around me loved it. I like this part " when he was young, his teacher asked what he wants to be and he said UP There in the sky, Big beautiful sky"(don't know if I am right) it sounds stupid and funny.
[/b]Harpic even after the toilet was washed failed to leave it sparkling clean as advertised.
[b][/b]hansbro was so disgusting
[b][/b]ambi pur, what's the meaning of that?
[b][/b]I don't why those fayrouz girls let themselves to be made up in blonde which made them turn out looking like ugly ducklings[b]

[/b]indomie's song of making the world a better place, I just don't like it
[b][/b]even though bank phb's advert was good but is a pity it wasn't made in nigeria but south africa.
[b][/b]I love the HERO advert of gulder[b]
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Bolarge(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2007
That Samsung protector ad was so wack.
The ad agency's director shd be hung.

Udeme ad rocks. . . I gotta hand it to them. . .
. . . but they kept playin it so often it started grating
on my nerves. angry
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Modups1(f): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2007
gino ad where d wife comes home late & family is starving
mama is getting worked up in d kitchen, wife brings out gino in sachet & annonces dat dinner will b served in record time!
RIDICULOUS tongue
d food self was not lookin appetizing at all tongue tongue
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Mustay(m): 1:44am On Sep 07, 2007
dr_klump:

I've gone through most of the posts and i summarise the thread as "different strokes for different people"

[size=18pt]Radio adverts are worse than the TV adverts believe me[/size]. The pidgin english is horrifying but nothing upsets me more than guys informing someone of a great offer and the the person just informed makes statements that make him look like a genius.

Absolutely silly!!!!!!!!!!

shit happens

infact those ads make radio dull
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by rasque(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2007
1. Power of harpic
2. Ambi pur
3. Glade
4. Flucor day
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by soulonfire(f): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2007
@ hayo, nice1
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Mustay(m): 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2007
SINCE D dirt good ADVERT BY OMO, AM SURE WOMEN 'LL BE MAD THAT EY'VE BEEN TURN IN2 WAHSERwomen IN SUBSEQUENT DETERGENT DS
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by iykee(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2007
Hey my worst ads are
1) the freelife sanitary tissue ad, i mean how dumb, so you go to the gym and
you`re carrying a pack of sanitary tissues in your pocket, as in a whole pack?
the dancing is rubbish and so is the whole concept behind, and that girl.God is she ugly!

2) haansbro, the tongue animated stuff and the squezzing the cow stuff, that was rubbish.I remember
great products that had characters i loved and brought as toys.there was the tiger in frosties cornflakes, the monkeys in
rice crispies, and so many others.For something as tasty and sensitive as bisciuts-it`s 2 thumbs down for that ad.

3) Dark sailor, rubbishhhhhh,the scence,the girl,the guy self and the so much obvious voice over
it makes me wonder? doen`t BON or APCON or any other media regulatory agency censors all these ads?

then all these malaria killer ads, i cant remember which one,but it has something like the white blood cell fighting with
a parasite, God! i`ll prefer having malaria for a week than watch that advert again
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Shaunscot(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2007
Una no try o.
How can anybody leave out AB Bumps
I was having dinner at Mr Biggs Sango Ota and for some reasons,their TV was on MITV.
All of a sudden,the screen was filled with all sorts of Kelloids and stuff.
I think someone realised it was irritating the guests and the station was changed but the damage had been done already.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Mustay(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Mustay(m): 12:25pm On May 09, 2008
the tetmosol ad where the gals and guys are in the bathroom is annoying
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by yetty045: 1:42am On Sep 01, 2011
i compose a song on Yoyo Bitters which i know it will be good as an advert in advertising your product nationwide.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by DisGuy: 1:45am On Sep 01, 2011
That malaria Advert on NTA

where they took this man into court-- wack wack wack!!
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Mustay(m): 7:38am On Dec 31, 2011
All Airtel adverts especially where the guy says "This is where you scream" embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
after 9yrs misspresident brought this topic back to life lol hahahahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? / Killer Bean Or Badoo Omo Mushin..which Do U Prefer / Download Jenifa's Diary Season 10 Episode 6 [real Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.