Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,887 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. (41078 Views)

Lady Hussey Apologises To Ngozi Fulani After 'warm meeting' in Buckingham Palace / Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by yinkeys(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2022
mrdharkchild:
Madam, if to say you answer the question from the very start this whole conversation and time would have been saved. She didnt lie at the end. So what do you want to make out from the conversation? Are you not of African decent, or did she lie?

There are different ways the conversation would have gone if you made the right decision from the very start.
Don't spark hate when theres none.

Nothing to see here.
You go to another persons country to claim right and pity
It’s obviously a trap to insult her because of her appearance
What she wore maybe
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by casualobserver: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2022
zztop:

Firstly, I don't want to be one of them, I am me and very proud of my NigeriaN origin. What you don't realise is that some Nigerians are more British than British people themselves, it doesn't mean they don't eat amala and ewede, but they are smart enough to know the law and challenged it if they feel they are treated differently.

You argument is that because I am black and living in their country, I have to do as they say. NEVER. With the Japa culture you are ready to be slaves even in Pakistan. I like the USA, I don't need visa to travel there, but I will never go there and stay illegal because I will never be a second class citizen! NEVER.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said do as they say. I said a white man's land can never truly be home for a black man so you are the one who needs to understand you are not at home and stop thinking it is your home. You will always be a long term visitor. Even in Nigeria some places can never feel like home talk less UK so Abeg leave UK.

Stop deceiving yourself. You don’t have any right to travel to the USA visa free because if you did you will not talk of living illegally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
Do you guys know you can be silent. Why respond to every provocation?
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by negbike(f): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2022
This is the comment of the day!! Abio. As you dress like wetin we no know. me sef confuse.
Elidrisy20:
I see no racism in this conversation, as you come dress like monkey, she needs clearification

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by observanc1: 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
jimetagambo:

I know about the windrush generation. Ngozi Fulani doesn't sound Carribean, does it?

I have never heard of the lady Ngozi Fulani until today
me too. She said that when the Buckingham official said she's carribean, she concurred saying " africa by this, carribean by that, British by the other".
If she's a Nigerian whose parents migrated from Nigeria to UK in the 50s, she would not have added the carribean angle.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by kacheezy: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
TheChameleon:
Look at those cocoyam arms and imagine the yam legs .... shocked

If the thing pain am well, make she return to the slums of Aba or Onitsha.

Most of her folks call Lagos - Heaven, you come see Heaven Pro Max - London...

This your mentality is what the white man wants- divide and rule.

You dey complain.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Goalnaldo(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
observanc1:
she's not from Nigeria. She's carribean.
is this playing?
How come the Ngozi in her name?
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by jimetagambo: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
Goalnaldo:
is this playing?
How come the Ngozi in her name?
Caribbeans and Americans do give their children African first names. It's the Fulani last name that caught me by surprise. Maybe she changed her lastname (surname) herself or could have been changed by her parents, or it could be from marriage.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by complexBoss12: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okonandmary:
haha

Just because you were born in Britain, carry their passport, and speak with their accent doesn't make you a British

likewise, a white person born in Nigeria, who has a Nigerian accent, and carries a Nigerian passport also isn't a Nigerian

A black person doesn't have any traditional or historical connection with Britain

Black people, Stop trying hard to be accepted by white people

You and 99 people that liked this comment are dumb
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Onyeziokwu(m): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okonandmary:
haha

Just because you were born in Britain, carry their passport, and speak with their accent doesn't make you a British

likewise, a white person born in Nigeria, who has a Nigerian accent, and carries a Nigerian passport also isn't a Nigerian

A black person doesn't have any traditional or historical connection with Britain

Well said mate!

I've met loads of them here in London forcing themselves to be Brit

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Onyeziokwu(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
Brutee:
Go back home and develop Africa. This is what you clowns will keep on getting. You think you're free in a white man's land? Hell no, stop running away from Africa, do the right thing, hold your African leaders accountable. Revolt against them if need be. I'm sure the idi0t lamenting doesn't even have a single investment in Africa, you think the white man love you? They're just tolerating you because you provide cheap labour, Go back to Africa and develop it. No place like home

For those quoting me asking where i have developed so far. If i was privileged like those billionaires God knows I'll never own a single property abroad. Africa first, it's time we think home.

God bless you mate!
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Mercury12(m): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
ogwumgbe:

The killing of Aguiyi Ironsi caused the civil war, also making Gowon the Head of State instead of the most senior Officer made Ojukwu angry and that's it. If I were Nmandi Kanu and if push comes to shove, I would declare another civil war so that all brains would be resetted and injustices corrected. None has monopoly of forcing lordship over others. At least that's what Zelensky of Ukraine is trying to do, he didn't succumb to cowardly and humiliation, some things need force to be corrected

Well that is the same mistake ojukwu made before he fled the country after he was defeated leaving millions of Igbos behind.
Seeking for Peaceful resolution to every conflict is not a coward move. That is why Yoruba are wiser.
Igbos that want leave should hold referendums to exit Nigerian. The moment an agreement is made then that is it.
Y'all better quit nzogbu nzogbu ways of doing things. Talking about starting a second civil war lol
If one is to fight at least fight with sense.
The second civil war is a wrong move by you. That means you wanna wipe your millions Igbos and the lucky ones refugees in border countries....
Lol, it is easy to type. War no be beans. You even blind to the odds against you if you goes in for the war. Go and sit down abeg
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by dettolgel: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
KwaraRat:

I believe there were reasons why that Palace aid asked that question.

Even in Woke America, they make considerations for diversity in about as much as everything from film crew to work place hiring.

If for instance that okoro imp knew she stood a chance at getting a job as a woman of color and immigrant, do you think she will hesitate to mention it ?

In the same US you cited, there is even the scandal of some white Europeans claiming native Indian heritage to get scholarships and other incentives reserved for that demigraph. A current US Senator was accused of lying that she had Indian roots after it was exposed that she lied to be one to get scholarship and placement into the US.

Who knew if the palace aide simply wanted to position this okoro imp somewhere in the front so as to get cameras to see how diverse the crowd attending the palace event were.

Using invectives as a means of addressing serious issues does not portray your intelligence in good light.

However, like you pointed out in your response that the lady did not know why the white woman asked about her heritage, which leaves open the option it could be to treat her better in terms of cultural sensitivity or to denigrate her person.

Since we can't tell either of which is the intent of the asker don't you think that reacting to the question on one of both ways is not necessarily out of line?

I am using your own logic, so why then would you chose to insult the woman since you are not certain about the original intent of the white lady?

A sensible and unbiased stance would have been to point out that it could have been the other way round without accusing her of something which you clearly stated had no exact message.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2022
TheChameleon:
Look at those cocoyam arms and imagine the yam legs .... shocked

If the thing pain am well, make she return to the slums of Aba or Onitsha.

Most of her folks call Lagos - Heaven, you come see Heaven Pro Max - London...

You dey complain.
Grow up, you said "No" continue to dance naked in public.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by mrdharkchild(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gemma11:

If you see yourself as a slave then that is your prerogative.

You are in Canada as an immigrant.
Some of us Black people are UK born and raised citizens.
No matter which way you slice it, being of the same skin colour does not the experiences of an immigrant and a born citizen in the UK similar

If you have time, read up on Black British History...it is isn't an immigrant experience so don't compare the experience of someone born and raised in the country you have chosen to immigrate to with your own.
Again stay in your lane.
If you don't understand the nuances of the conversation between Ngozi and the Lady then keep mute.

Nor vex, if you like be citizen by birth or by whatever.
If you are at the other end of the table, you'd
Do the same thing this woman did. It's because we are at the receiving end, we always cry foul.

Theres no justification in what you are saying.
If your parents can run there to birth you, and the environment has a way of automatically changing your skin color to white, that's not a problem.

But I cannot see a black pot and call it white.
Am I blind or what?

Y u de complicate matter, life is so simple. Madam are you of African decent, yes.
Ce finir, case closed. On to the next matter.
She no go bring am up.

But no, you don turn am to racism talk.
It only affects you if you let it.

Work on your state of mind, Africans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by TheChameleon: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
Grow up, you said "No" continue to dance naked in public.

Your ma doesn't complain when I dance in private...that's what matters. grin
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Gemma11: 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2022
jimetagambo:

Was there any reason why she was singled out? It appears that there were other black people there as well.

There could be a deliberate racist intent or just the lady being curious? I can't conclude myself. I have asked white people the same question. I think the white lady goofed when she kept on pushing and asking multiple times a question the lady wasn't comfortable answering.

Note: I am one of Nairaland's prolific defender of Meghan Markle, so I know racism does exists in the royal household of Windsor.

Only that lady knows why she chose to ask such ignorant obtuse questions to a visiting guest of King Charles.

In any case she has been sacked or forced to resign.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/queen-consort-camilla-buckingham-palace-women-violence-guest-racial-heritage/

A member of the Buckingham Palace household has resigned and apologised over 'unacceptable and regrettable comments' made at a reception held by the Queen Consort.

A guest at the Buckingham Palace event on violence against women, hosted by Camilla, complained she was asked several questions about her racial heritage by Prince William's godmother Lady Susan Hussey - in an exchange that she found “insulting.”

Ngozi Fulani, CEO of Hackney Charity Sistah Space, a group that supports African and Caribbean women affected by domestic and sexual abuse, said she had suffered “trauma” and “damage” after being “invited and then insulted” to the event.

Lady Hussey, one of Queen Consort Camilla's closest aides and a close friend of the late Queen, quit today over the remarks.

The resignation will be viewed as a humiliation for Camilla and will cast a shadow over a trip by Lady Hussey's godson Prince William, who lands in the US today with the Princess of Wales for a three-day tour.

Ms Fulani said a member of Palace staff, who she referred to as Lady SH, moved her hair out of the way of her name badge before asking her questions about her heritage that left her “shocked”.

She said two other women who overheard the exchange were also “stunned to temporary silence.”

She said: “10 mins after arriving, a member of staff approached me, moved my hair to see my name badge.”

She goes on to say that she was asked a series of questions about her racial heritage. Posting what she said was a transcript of the conversation online, Ms Fulani said she explained she was from the Sistah Space charity and was asked: “Where do you come from?”

“We’re based in Hackney,” said Ms Fulani.

“No, what part of Arica are you from?” The staff member is said to have asked.

“I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.”
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by mrdharkchild(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
yinkeys:

It’s obviously a trap to insult her because of her appearance
What she wore maybe

Victim mentality.
Pity party
Insecurities.

I only feel bad because my ancestors are fucking cowards.

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
TheChameleon:

Your ma doesn't complain when I dance in private...that's what matters. grin
Continue to dance naked in the public. I wish you success and goodluck with that.. You merit it.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by BanyXchi: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

Well said mate!

I've met loads of them here in London forcing themselves to be Brit
very pitiful.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by JuanDeDios: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
dfrost:
sad

Can racism ever stop? I don't think so.
She has resigned from her palace role. At least, they have ACCOUNTABILITY.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Goalnaldo:
Igbo Muslim, very rare grin
Are you saying there are no Fulanis that are Christians?
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
casualobserver:

Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said do as they say. I said a white mans lane can never be home for a black man so you are the one who needs to understand you are not at home and stop thinking it is your home. You will always be a long term visitor. I cannot go to SE Nigeria for instance and ever feel at home there talk less UK so Abeg leave UK.

Stop deceiving yourself. You don’t have any right to travel to the USA visa free because if you did you will not talk of living illegally.

It doesn't matter if it is your home or not. You shouldn't jump just because an Oyinbo tells you to jump. Let me give you two examples. I wanted to renew my British Passport and requested I enclose my Nigerian passport, which I did. Some few weeks later they came back some the names on the passports are different, I checked to look what is going on, and realise because my Nigerian passport had a second middle name but the British passport only had an initial for the second middle name that is why they wanted to waste my time. They told me I should go to the Nigerian High Commission to tell them to change the name on my Nigerian passport.

I told them, firstly, I am not changing any name on my legal name and valid, secondly when I wanted to get my British Passport years ago in VI, i gave them my birth certificate and the choose to put the initial. If anyone is to make any changes they are the one to do it. The are free to put my full name as specify on the my birth certificate or continue to use the initial, but I am not going to the Nigerian High Commission. I told them they have already wasted my time and they need to act promptly or I will take action and they did.

Second example, I was due for a tax return and was expecting them to pay me but they were taking their time, after many attempts to get them to pay me and they failed, I gave them an ultimatum , pay by a certain or I will take you to Court, and of course they did.

Maybe you will allow them to push you around but not me. I follow the law and the law is on my side and I am free to use it.

I can leave UK anytime I want but not now. It is just where I live,but just because I don't live in Nigeria does not mean I have to be a second class citizen abroad. I hope you are not one of the ones that an India man will slap you in Lagos and you will say sorry sir? grin

British citizens do not need visa to visit the US but it does not entitle them to work there . Understand?
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gracious3105:
Any Nigerian that shout racism at these questions is a hypocrite

You are 100% correct. I know the motive behind her posting this simple question on social media. What is racism in all these exchange of pleasantries? She is hiding her identity , she is hiding her nationality and blaming somebody for asking. The current British PM wouldn't have found the question difficult to answer. Barrack Obama wouldn't have found the question difficult to answer.

I know some Nigerians that are British Citizens who will not think twice before telling you their origin. If she were to be an American, she would have been proud to say it. She has no point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Gemma11: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
mrdharkchild:

Nor vex, if you like be citizen by birth or by whatever.
If you are at the other end of the table, you'd
Do the same thing this woman did. It's because we are at the receiving end, we always cry foul.

Theres no justification in what you are saying.
If your parents can run there to birth you, and the environment has a way of automatically changing your skin color to white, that's not a problem.

But I cannot see a black pot and call it white.
Am I blind or what?

Y u de complicate matter, life is so simple. Madam are you of African decent, yes.
Ce finir, case closed. On to the next matter.
She no go bring am up.

But no, you don turn am to racism talk.
It only affects you if you let it.

Work on your state of mind, Africans

Relax and stop with the nonsense talk.
I don't know what is it about you Nigerians who get a chance to leave Nigeria to start talking like experts on countries you know absolutely nothing about.
You don't get to dictate to me about the life I have lived, being born and raised in a majority white land just like I don't get to tell you about your experiences in Nigeria before you decided to immigrate.

As I said, stay in your lane. If you don't understand why the exchange between Ngozi and Lady Sh was offensive then listen and learn rather than act like you understand or try to ignorantly apply your immigrant experience to the situation.

Also understand that African is a race and British is a nationality.
Please try and understand the differences because no one in this conversation has denied their race here. If someone tells you that they are British and you foolishly respond back with "no you are African" then that just exposes how dense and unintelligent you are.

In any case the white lady you are supporting has resigned. As I said watch and learn. She had no right to ask such questions and has been relieved of her job.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/royal-aide-steps-down-after-racist-comments-buckingham-palace-2022-11-30/

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by casualobserver: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
zztop:

It doesn't matter if it is your home or not. You shouldn't jump just because an Oyinbo tells you to jump. Let me give you two examples. I wanted to renew my British Passport and requested I enclose my Nigerian passport, which I did. Some few weeks later they came back some the names on the passports are different, I checked to look what is going on, and realise because my Nigerian passport had a second middle name but the British passport only had an initial for the second middle name that is why they wanted to waste my time. They told me I should go to the Nigerian High Commission to tell them to change the name on my Nigerian passport.

I told them, firstly, I am not changing any name on my legal name and valid, secondly when I wanted to get my British Passport years ago in VI, i gave them my birth certificate and the choose to put the initial. If anyone is to make any changes they are the one to do it. The are free to put my full name as specify on the my birth certificate or continue to use the initial, but I am not going to the Nigerian High Commission. I told them they have already wasted my time and they need to act promptly or I will take action and they did.

Second example, I was due for a tax return and was expecting them to pay me but they were taking their time, after many attempts to get them to pay me and they failed, I gave them an ultimatum , pay by a certain or I will take you to Court, and of course they did.

Maybe you will allow them to push you around but not me. I follow the law and the law is on my side and I am free to use it.

I can leave UK anytime I want but not now. It is just where I live,but just because I don't live in Nigeria does not mean I have to be a second class citizen abroad. I hope you are not one of the ones that an India man will slap you in Lagos and you will say sorry sir? grin

British citizens do not need visa to visit the US but it does not entitle them to work there . Understand?

Nobody asked you to jump, you clearly are not capable of understanding what is being said...perhaps you should read again....this time without your inferiority complex or racial prejudices.
The British will never ask you, I repeat, never ask you to enclose your Nigerian passport because you want to renew your British passport, if you truly have one so try another lie. it is not their passport, they have no authority to ask you for it and if you are truly a british citizen with a British passport, your Nigerian passport is none of their business because you come as a British Citizen. if you are a British citizen in Britain nothing concern them with your Nigerian passport. if you are in Nigeria, again nothing concern them with your Nigerian passport. you are either British or you are not!! Particularly in this day and age of woke britain where everybody is on egg shells and no one wants to be accused of discriminated. As a british citizen and passport holder, there is nothing that concerns the British authorities with your Nigerian passport except immigration at the airport in the Uk as proof you can travel to Nigeria without a visa. try another lie!!! I stopped reading your nonsense post there because it is clear you are making up stories. Your post shows you arent a British citizen and do not know how the British system works. They have no business with your Nigerian passport!!!! You are either lying or your story is not complete because there is absolutely no reason the british authorities will ask you for your Nigerian passport, certainly not for a passport renewal.

Finally I remmember my British passport expired coincidentally 8 years ago, I went to V/I and they said they no longer issue passports at V/I, they instead extended my old passport to enable me travel to the Uk where I renewed my passport. lots of inconsistencies (aka lies) in your post. Pictures of the old passport and extension below.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by etrange: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okonandmary:
haha

So black Americans are not Americans? So Obama and Donald Trump are not Americans because thier parents are all immigrants? White South Africans are not South Africans? Do you know how many Nigerians have parents or grand parents originally from Cameroon and the republic of Benin? Which country would you assign to black people in Europe sold during slavery? Dude, if she was born in the UK, she's British. It's as simple as that. You don't get to tell her how to identify. Don't mix up race with nationality. It is not about denying one's nationality. This lady would not have asked her this if she was a white person from France. So it's all about race for her.

Asking someone where they're from is not a problem, but rejecting thier response is the height of racism. This Ngozi lady was born in the UK. She is as British as any other black British person (and yes, there are black British people). She does not speak in any way that suggests she not British. This means she could have easily passed as a descendant of those sold during slavery. Now imagine asking such a person this kind of question. You'd be telling the person they don't belong anywhere. It's even funnier when it is in North America where the white people themselves are also descendants of immigrants from Europe. Anybody can be from anywhere. Countries are just geographical boundaries.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by sisisioge: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
If its black, it must come from somewhere fa...."where are you originally from? Oh, my people are from the Caribbean but I'm British". That's how I met a Nigerian in Canny who was offended because I asked him where he was originally from. Make this people rest jare....we know the original Briton are white....the other colours must have a pedigree. Nothing to be offended about. Geskia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Vicas2000: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
jimetagambo:

I understand people see racism in alot of things but that's just them. It could be from an experience in their past. In this case, I can't really conclude the intent of the woman that asked her the question. It could really be that she got confused by the name and was just curious.

If I was in Ngozi's shoe, I would proudly tell her where I am from not only Nigeria or Caribbean but where in that particular country sef and tribe. Out of curiosity, I have also asked some people with Polish or Ukrainian name at work where they are originally from even though they are American. Some of their names are very similar. I haven't seen any one that took offence to the question. Some would even tell you that their grand parents moved to America in the 1930s or that there granddad still speaks Polish.

I acknowledge that racism does exist, but I always make sure that I have sufficient proof before I conclude that it's racism.

It seems a lot of people don't understand the woman's concern.

If someone says...where are you from...and you respond...and they are still disputing you....it's racism.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by mrdharkchild(m): 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gemma11:

Relax and stop with the nonsense talk.
I don't know what is it about you Nigerians who get a chance to leave Nigeria to start talking like experts on countries you know absolutely nothing about.
You don't get to dictate to me about the life I have lived, being born and raised in a majority white land just like I don't get to tell you about your experiences in Nigeria before you decided to immigrate.

As I said, stay in your lane. If you don't understand why the exchange between Ngozi and Lady Sh was offensive then listen and learn rather than act like you understand or try to ignorantly apply your immigrant experience to the situation.

Also understand that African is a race and British is a nationality.
Please try and understand the differences because no one in this conversation has denied their race here. If someone tells you that they are British and you foolishly respond back with "no you are African" then that just exposes how dense and unintelligent you are.

In any case the white lady you are supporting has resigned. As I said watch and learn. She had no right to ask such questions and has been relieved of her job.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/royal-aide-steps-down-after-racist-comments-buckingham-palace-2022-11-30/

If them like, make them resign.
Resignation does not change the way a Lion looks at a Goat

Slave one claim country.
Where was your father when they were dying for their country?

Running away I guess. But you one put mouth for their affair.
Lolz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by sisisioge: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
etrange:

So black Americans are not Americans? So Obama and Donald Trump are not Americans because thier parents are all immigrants? White South Africans are not South Africans? Do you know how many Nigerians have parents or grand parents originally from Cameroon and the republic who Benin? Which country would you assign to black people in Europe sold during slavery? Dude, if she was born in the UK, she's British. It's as simple as that. You don't get to tell her how to identify. Don't mix up race with nationality. It is not about denying one's nationality. This lady would not have asked her this if she was a white person from France. So it's all about race for her.

Asking someone where they're from is not a problem, but rejecting thier response is the height of racism. This Ngozi lady was born in the UK. She is as British as any other black British person (and yes, there are black British people). She does not speak in any way that suggests she not British. This means she could have easily passed as a descendant of those sold during slavery. Now imagine asking such a person this kind of question. You'd be telling the person they don't belong anywhere. It's even funnier when it is in North America where the white people themselves are also descendants of immigrants from Europe. Anybody can be from anywhere. Countries are just geographical boundaries.

So if the original decendants of a nation are curious about your origin, it is not too much to answer if you know it. If you dont, clarify that and move on. Everything is not racism. If I notice an oyinbo that speaks impeccable Yoruba language that has obviously been in naija for ages, I will be curious about where he is originally from knowing that our people's skin tone is different even though it's obvious he has completely settled in naija. Our people own too much biko!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
Meh. Its kind of racist but at the same time its really not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Putin Flies A Heavy Supersonic Nuclear Bomber Amid NATO Tensions (Video, Pics) / Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency / Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.