Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) (44260 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) / Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Juanmike(m): 9:11am On Dec 02, 2022
dnawah:
eat alone and die alone.one day kwa we go come there and we go do like say we no know you. tongue tongue tongue
*Dine
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by 77up(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Spanishmilf:
which state you dey wey cost of living is cheaper?
Compare to what's at stake in Europe, UK,London, US or Canada and other western countries even UAE , the cost of living in Nigeria is cheaper truly, that guy you quoted was right, we only need quality of living which can be born by good leader.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Franzinni: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2022
That GENDER... With agenda!
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Edusouls(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Dialpad:
Nigerians love this give me give me mentality.

Even if you try help them set up a business, they will ruin it because they prefer the free money you send to them on a regular basis.

Many of you guys need a change of mindset.
shartaap stingy people everywhere, but someone gave u when u couldn’t feed well, Nigerians once Dey start seeing small money they start acting like they never begged before

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by 77up(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2022
See her mouth
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by SanctifiedSista(f): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2022
At least her family and friends will see this and let her be

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Balos963: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2022
dnawah:
eat alone and die alone.one day kwa we go come there and we go do like say we no know you. tongue tongue tongue
even we wey never japa self dey experience am,if they can't set their eyes on you in the space of one year and you call them to say hello,omoo you must pay bills ni shaa,Africa why

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Father4all: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2022
If you know they will demand money from you then stop calling them na. Now, you are online telling us what do you want us to do. Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Antoeni(m): 9:16am On Dec 02, 2022
They Must Beg Her For Money, The Hunger & Poverty Here in Nigeria is Real . She Should Just Help in Anyway She Can. As She Also has Her own bills to pay

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Dialpad: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2022
You must be a lunatic to have called your father an Idi-ot this morning .... how dare you!!!

Edusouls:
shartaap stingy people everywhere, but someone gave u when u couldn’t feed well, Nigerians once Dey start seeing small money they start acting like they never begged before
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by halaqasa: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2022
Shut the fk you pussarian
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Angelfrost(m): 9:17am On Dec 02, 2022
She isn't wrong!

Most Nigerians just like begging, and they do it with so much entitlement and guilt-tripping.

The day I learnt to be hardened and ignore beggars was the day I felt reborn!

I have so many loved ones and close pals doing very well abroad (different nations), but I have never and will never ask them for a dime!... They respect me for that, and never hesitate to offer help when they sense the need.

Young men and women, hustle hard and well... Leave abroad people to drink water and drop cup. E no easy as una think for their side.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Enemyofpeace: 9:18am On Dec 02, 2022
Na you know o. Chop alone, die alone.

Only in Nigeria that a family ask a suitor what he does for a living, meanwhile their daughter he came for is jobless!

8 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by mukthar2000(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2022
This is an advice to some Nigerians nagging on Japa japa japa,
No place like home jareee , I just matter of time and perseverance with time Nigeria is going to be grate .

Ajo dabile

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by uuzba(m): 9:20am On Dec 02, 2022
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]
Dialpad:
Nigerians love this give me give me mentality.

Even if you try help them set up a business, they will ruin it because they prefer the free money you send to them on a regular basis.

Many of you guys need a change of mindset.
My company in Nigeria here, is the goodest company in the world. Now, some of my bosses went and put their profile on LinkedIn. As per, advertise yourself Na Abi?
That's how LIRS (Lagos State tax revenue) saw the profile and came to attack our office, Pay-pay-pay tax. Shebi you said you are MD of so and so company, Oya you must be earning millions and your tax must be so-so amount. And it's not so. But Lagos State tax will not believe. Our accountant has to be battling with them every single month, to show the receipts and invoices of EVERYTHING that comes into that office (even if you buy chewing gum sef)...But each time they will find fault and ask for settlement and brown envelope.
Tomorrow, they will say that that have not done any tax clearance at all, that we should start again. We have done 2015 tax clearance 5 times. But they will never close the case.

All this is for our company that decided to the doing goody-goody.

Tell me why any other Nigerian business will ever want too follow straight way again.

If Nigerians can get free money from you in UK, they will instead gladly disturb you to get that free money instead of all this Nigerian stress.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Kimber123: 9:20am On Dec 02, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
This is where APC and PDP has gotten us into. Working environment is not friendly, Infrastructures are depleting, job losses are rising, investors are not coming because government has made the economic atmosphere horrible with sanctions and unrealistic levies, Companies have folded up, while others have relocated to much tax friendly, tolerant and secured countries. Government are frowning at it's affected citizens relocating abroad for greener pastures.

Vote wisely.

How are our taxes unrealistic please

If government issue tax cuts for major companies operating here e.g the likes of Dangote .many of y'all frown at it

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by iLegendd(m): 9:21am On Dec 02, 2022
dnawah:
Broke, hungry, and entitled man's comment. I used to be in your shoe sha. Broke and hungry, but not entitled.

Did she tell you she doesn't help? What she doesn't like is making it an obligation to extort from her whenever she calls.

She's a human and she works to earn. It may not even be enough for her in the first place, but since she stays abroad, entitled family members feel she's rolling on cash.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by hedonido: 9:22am On Dec 02, 2022
Even we wey dey Nigeria dey suffer same thing. Such an obnoxious situation.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by humberjade: 9:22am On Dec 02, 2022
I get the frustration, and I know where she's coming from.

Although life abroad, at least developed abroad grin, is far better than Nigeria's, in terms of social amenities and availability of jobs, but when you begin to do plus and minus, you hardly have anything left. Most developed countries aren't built for you to save at all, you earn, the system collects it back.

Okay let's do a quick calculation, let's say you have a 2500 euro job. By the time tax and insurance are deducted, maybe you will have 2000 or less left, depending on the tax level you are. You pay bills, say 400-700 euro. Service your credit with let's say 200 euro per month. About 1100euro is left. So let's say you spend 250 euro on food, send 200 euro to your parents, and let's say you budget 300 euro for two kids. Let's say you spend 100 on miscellaneous, and you discover you have just 250 euro left. God forbid there is an emergency back home, or God blessed you with 3 or more siblings. And then you still have friends who are in need too back home for naija. Phew, nah die you dey.

Shey you can see that the money is finished without even buying cloths for yourself or flexing. And even for you to make the 2500 for example, depending on the kinda work though, you go don work your bones off; 10-15 hours on the jobs, 3-5 hours(depending on the no of jobs) navigating your way from home-one job- 2nd job-back home. On top of it, less than 5hours of sleep each day. All these are even worse during winter.

Imagine all the scenarios up there playing out every month, which is the case mostly, when exactly will the person be able to invest and secure his or her own future.? Imagine things going sideways, and the person gets deported, same set of people will desert her and even mock her, saying, "as she go, nah him she come back". Men are even built to withstand stress than ladies, hence, some get to do up to 4 jobs, but ladies, hmm.

On top of that, if you give person 10k or 20k for naija, e go still dey vex, dey downgrade the money. So for those who are saying chop alone and die alone, it is not all bed of roses out here.

If you no do am with sense, you go see say 10-20 years after you don dey hustle for abroad, you can hardly account for your labour, and your life still remains the same as when you relocated. That's why people just slump and die anyhow out here; stress and pressure.

Nah the emotional blackmail come worse pass...imagine a naturally kind person, chai, it is finished.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by benqo01(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2022
Na normal why she dey complain,when she was here let her lie dat she didn't ask money from her person abroad

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by JBArokonkwo1(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2022
dnawah:

Eat alone and die alone? U go follow her die before?
All these yeye emotional blackmail....if she eats alone its okay cos she worked for it alone!

Entitlement mentality no go kill una

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Angelfrost(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2022
dnawah:

"Eat alone and die alone" is a huge and silly fallacy!

Matter of fact, eating your hard earned money alone is your God given right...!

Generosity is not a compulsory virtue and not for everyone... No one should be under pressure to help, especially helping able-bodied men and women who should be doing well for themselves.

Richer or wealthier people should not be emotionally blackmailed to be generous! It's wrong!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by cooooooks(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2022
Come, bia, don't feel the need to be a god.

Be frank that there isn't much you can do.
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Seankhalifa: 9:25am On Dec 02, 2022
Angelfrost:
She isn't wrong!

Most Nigerians just like begging, and they do it with so much entitlement and guilt-tripping.

I have so many loved ones and close pals doing very well abroad (different nations), but I have never and will never ask them for a dime!... They respect me for that, and never hesitate to offer help when they sense the need.

Young men and women, hustle hard and well... Leave abroad people to drink water and drop cup. E no easy as una think for their side.
true talk... abeg I fit get 10k grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by uuzba(m): 9:25am On Dec 02, 2022
Angelfrost:
She isn't wrong!

People travel abroad because they are tired of Nigeria.
But they will still carry phone and be phoning Nigeria again?
Ehen?
Ok you want to show us that you are better than us Abi?
Since you are better bring the money and give us Na. Otherwise shut up and face whitemen and their society and stop phoning back home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by olaolaking: 9:25am On Dec 02, 2022
ValCon888:
They'll manage to get to yankee or jand, and start to act like they're in heaven.

God punish these bad leaders for making this place a shithole, including the ignorant masses that continue to vote them into power to impoverish the people.

I see no reason why one would leave the comforts and familiarity of their motherland to japa to the hostile environments of an unknown land if not for wicked and selfish leaders.

Cost of living is cheaper here. The only thing we need is visionary leadership to improve the quality of living.
The only thing that is better there is the infrastructures
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2022
ValCon888:
They'll manage to get to yankee or jand, and start to act like they're in heaven.

God punish these bad leaders for making this place a shithole, including the ignorant masses that continue to vote them into power to impoverish the people.

I see no reason why one would leave the comforts and familiarity of their motherland to japa to the hostile environments of an unknown land if not for wicked and selfish leaders.

Cost of living is cheaper here. The only thing we need is visionary leadership to improve the quality of living.

They don't even need to provide visionary leadership, if they could just provide what were elected to do. Governance with accountability, things will would have been alot more better. But these leaders are seriously squeezing necks of Nigerians.
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by iezeiyida(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2022
Not just okay cry

That's why it is very difficult for me to beg people for financial assistance especially some of my friends and my relations in Europe, Asia and American
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Silentgroper(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2022
onomeabuja:

B4 nko
Wetin she de expect b4 sad
One min call to international number is almost 200 & u no expect me to only greet nah?... After I greet ,I go come de ask am how work bla bla bla & b4 u know it, I Don spend more than 5k.....
Y I no go beg ;
when foreign currency is higher than Nigeria jaga jaga naira embarassed
I beg leave me make i beg jare i b una like my condition like this
Use whatsapp.. They're always online one way or d other...
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by phorget(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2022
People can be so frustrating though, I wonder why they can't just leave people overseas alone. I have my own rule,ones you japa I will stop texting or calling you unless you text or call me. I hate giving the impression that I'm about disturbing you for money.
We no get but thank God say we no still hungry.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Angelfrost(m): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2022
ValCon888:

Well, they don't all necessarily act like they are in heaven over there.

Most of them are actually living better lives over there than when they were here... That's a fact!

That said, begging is dishonorable! Every man should strive to live above it!

That's the whole point of this thread!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recent Images of Abeokuta Rail Terminal and the Surrounding Areas / Dangote Truck Kills Couple In Lagos Last Night – PHOTOS / A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.