Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,700 members, 7,840,727 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) (44312 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) / Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by ObalendeCMS: 9:54am On Dec 02, 2022
To call my aunty for Canada dey do me somehow, because she go think say I wan bill am. I go just drop greetings on WhatsApp message for am and I no even dey expect reply sef.

My brother for yankee go just allow your call enter voicemail. If I manage get am for WhatsApp dey hail am, dey ask how’s everything.

He go say make I go straight to the point, say him know say na billing I wan bill am as I dey greet am like clientsmiley

I appreciate them a lot and truth be told, those guys abroad dey work hard for the money even though they get the money.

I remember my brother telling me his kids are now grown and it costs him more, since he pays child support.

Nothing bad to send some money to your loved ones back home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by 1Sharon(f): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2022
Ologundudu2020:
madam even we at home get billed do your best and move. You can’t help everyone and you can’t ignore everyone.
No wonder loneliness kills most there, cos no frndz to talk to

You must be one of those that do the billings.

If you're not one of those that got her to where she is, you don't deserve anything.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by headbasher96(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2022
spartachico:
na olosho she dey ,person don report give families for naija
na dust she come here come yan

e choke na but on lighter note we get proud oloshoes for naija na them full nollywood e get one destiny etiko

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by headbasher96(m): 9:58am On Dec 02, 2022
guywitzerogal:
person were the hustle she self never make am, why she no go run
na olosho internship the babe go do if not people wey never make still the relate with family oo

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by 1Sharon(f): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Never be a God abroad.............

The day you overwork yourself(and kick a bucket), that same family troubling you for money, would still survive..........

And when you check, you'd see that most of them are actually living fine. They just want to milk somebody.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by kansoboy: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2022
This life is so funny..mostly Black man life of proud and arrogance.

First o have over 5 friends abroad whom I have never asked of help , one of them, I even contributed money to assist him when he was about travelling. Now things are so hard for me, but I don't ask dem for help, because I understand it is not easy for them and they have once also complained to me at a time how hard it is to make money in a legit way....I have never complained and we still talk, most the they even talk at lent that I am d one to tell them to safe the calling money.

I have another 3 other friend in same abroad ,though different countries whom when they see my billings, they will start laughing and asking me Baba land lord my I pay bills,? I will say yes....they are the ones that I know they have extra to assist me and they told me to not feel that I am bordering them... They will even be reminding me things I did to them and their family when they where in Nigeria, this even me that did it can not even remember some or did not attach any meaning to it and how greatful they will always remain.

Now my points are these:
Do you think any man or wan is happy to beg another person for money help? No. Every person would have loved to settle their problem by themselves:
Do you know the little help you render today with your clean heart, will one day come back to prove a saving day for u? Sure is not everyone u help will remember u in Ur downfall and some ppl can still take Ur money that u gave to them for one diabolical act.

If u travel abroad and u can't help financially, tell the person when that ask from help from u, and don't cut it relationship because of money. In this life, believe it or not, a day will come, good relationship will play more role that money in Ur life.

As for the lady....I really don't know what point she is trying to make with this video...
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Candidlady: 10:01am On Dec 02, 2022
Nhemzie17:
This woman dey craze
I can bet my balls that she got there with the help of a stupid simp. Now she has grown wings and is spewing trash

Nonsense post from a being who can't afford freebies. . How pathetic

Bloody broke hating scallywag
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by wolebest: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2022
Bvlgari:
Why i dont like calling my friends & family in Nigeria - UK based lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnyI70bH5QU

She said it's because of bills, each time she calls, they will bill her with their financial problems.

Do your little and stop complaining.

If you have to give, please give a helping hand and if you don't have, say you don't have.
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by netmillionaires(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2022
People don't call international number with normal call credit again. They use Whatsapp call and 30 mins to 1 hour call may take not more thnt #100 - #200. You will even be able to see the person on whatsapp video.

onomeabuja:

B4 nko
Wetin she de expect b4 sad
One min call to international number is almost 200 & u no expect me to only greet nah?... After I greet ,I go come de ask am how work bla bla bla & b4 u know it, I Don spend more than 5k.....
Y I no go beg ;
when foreign currency is higher than Nigeria jaga jaga naira embarassed
I beg leave me make i beg jare i b una like my condition like this

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Gkemz: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2022
UK residents are so stingy. I had an uncle and a godfather in Nigeria whose wife is a resident/citizen of UK. This woman made my generous uncle become so stingy. My uncle whose house was very close to the campus accommodated me during my days in the university until this woman, his wife visited Nigeria. These UK Nigerian citizens see kindness as foolishness especially if that kindness can be monitized. Because of the unfriendly policy the wife initiated, I wanted to be paying rent but the man refused because he's my baptismal father.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Bekermann(m): 10:03am On Dec 02, 2022
iLegendd:
Broke, hungry, and entitled man's comment. I used to be in your shoe sha. Broke and hungry, but not entitled.

Did she tell you she doesn't help? What she doesn't like is making it an obligation to extort from her whenever she calls.

She's a human and she works to earn. It may not even be enough for her in the first place, but since she stays abroad, entitled family members feel she's rolling on cash.

This comment got me. Everyone has passed through stuffs though...
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Tabletuner(m): 10:06am On Dec 02, 2022
dnawah:
eat alone and die alone.one day kwa we go come there and we go do like say we no know you. tongue tongue tongue
Was she gonna die with someone ?
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by ruffDiamond: 10:11am On Dec 02, 2022
who among them you help to cross over there! Only dey there !how Dem no go bill you !Mumu woman. I'm certain you have a male who is ready to break leg to make a breakthrough to help you overcome family poverty!but no, you decided to be Don everyone look up to! That's not how to fight poverty In family!.many of you are just dumb and plain stupid!i know a woman who moved even her dog over to the USA! When the colonial masters came to plunder and pillage Africa they came in DROVE! NOT singly idiot! Enjoy your Donship' while you are there o. Mumu Nigerians undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by spartachico(m): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2022
abeg fear those Nollywood girls oo , e get one girl wey i dey follow for instagram ,if u see her backside and she dey for Nollywood ,my brother i never see any of her film for africa magic but she dey use ride now

headbasher96:
e choke na but on lighter note we get proud oloshoes for naija na them full nollywood e get one destiny etiko
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Pimine: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Sharaap. That's what y'all ladies have been doing to men since y'all were born. Thank God that people now look up to you for solution or would you rather be in their place?

Let's learn to give thanks always instead of complaining about everything.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Xiaohei(m): 10:17am On Dec 02, 2022
Can’t blame her, though. Some Nigerians have this inexplicable entitlement mentality. Abroad no easy at all but some family members and friends wouldn’t understand. Some friends will receive money but won’t even say thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 02, 2022
Entitlement Mentality.
Same applies to EMI LOKAN, your forefather

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Nhemzie17: 10:20am On Dec 02, 2022
Candidlady:

Nonsense post from a being who can't afford freebies. . How pathetic
Bloody broke hating scallywag
See this beech.. Ive got enough cash than your entire fam. Deal with that. Its obvious my post pained you this leech. Fvcking beech.
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Candidlady: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2022
Nhemzie17:

See this beech..
Ive got enough cash than your entire fam. Deal with that.
Its obvious my post pained you this leech. Fvcking beech.

Since you got enough money kindly help your comrades

Angelfrost
Uzomacharles
Buddha3

Internet sha....talaka yana kiran mai kudi talaka

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by nedekid: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2022
Realist5:
Na God do am for you to be on UK.

Same God can still return you back to base
Why naa, because she taya to pick or make calls and all she gets is billing?
Are people even reasonable that others also have their lives, their bills etc.
Most Nigerian in so called UK are struggling big time, a lot in debt. It is not like here you can enter your neighborss house and eat or ask for money.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Ogaonos: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2022
dnawah:
eat alone and die alone.one day kwa we go come there and we go do like say we no know you. tongue tongue tongue
no too blame her .from my observatn most nigeriams who succed overseas are d ones from middle income families.wer there no family financial pressure.ur popsi nd momsi nd sibling are exposed nd guiding u thru d journey with prayer nd wise guidance which one needs overthere as a young person u get confuse on what ur nxt m0ve,ur decisions u make over there .which u share with ur peeps back home nd u advise ond matter is prayed on.
but d pako mama nd papa even worst d ones dt are illetrate nd think dem dey pick moni on d street of oyinbo country.all die n a die mentality parents nd siblings is a big problem u neva settle dwn for like two mobths as u arrive they don dey ask for moni .some even shw no regard about ur well being over there jux dey put financial pressure nd even say wrong things to their pikin .which kind lead one going into crime
imagine mama go dey say make my pikin go ghana go hustle all way na way or die na die .na d pikin hit small moni ndtrue true die na em d mama come dey cry mtsew.it taket time for person to settle in a foreign land .some parents knw this but nt all parents knows or care to knw

5 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by nairanaira12: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2022
Spanishmilf:
which state you dey wey cost of living is cheaper?

Cheaper compared to what obtains in UK, US, Canada, etc.
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by nairanaira12: 10:31am On Dec 02, 2022
onomeabuja:

B4 nko
Wetin she de expect b4 sad
One min call to international number is almost 200 & u no expect me to only greet nah?... After I greet ,I go come de ask am how work bla bla bla & b4 u know it, I Don spend more than 5k.....
Y I no go beg ;
when foreign currency is higher than Nigeria jaga jaga naira embarassed
I beg leave me make i beg jare i b una like my condition like this

Did she ask you to call? Did she stop you from traveling abroad too? Why place your problems on other people? Are they responsible for your misfortune in life, Mr Entitled Bastardd?
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Neddstark: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2022
Her time will come. She will need their help and they will bill her die.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by ahnie: 10:40am On Dec 02, 2022
Candidlady:
smiley

Lies

Yes let her eat alone and let her die alone.. would you die with her before... undecided

Angelfrost Iam in Nigeria Abuja for that matter please stay off my pm.. idon't have no dollars to send you

Can they call you guys to ask for help ?
Seems we re going thru same stalking thing.
One I'm.becile premierlead is busy dying for someone's wife,lady WEY nor sendam.

Sick weirdos really juru eju this nairaland.
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's not easy
Mo ṣẹṣẹ n lọle
See my face....bla bla bla
But you get paid accordingly, stop complaining.

See the stupid mentality here!

So, because she's being paid accordingly, she must give it all out?

Do you know how much remains even for her own personal needs after paying all the bills??

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by Spanishmilf(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2022
77up:
Compare to what's at stake in Europe, UK,London, US or Canada and other western countries even UAE , the cost of living in Nigeria is cheaper truly, that guy you quoted was right, we only need quality of living which can be born by good leader.
because we dont pay tax here you assume cost of living is cheap
Can 200k get you a nice apartment in lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by gabbasin(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2022
Spanishmilf:
which state you dey wey cost of living is cheaper?
he means cost of living is cheaper here compared with obodo oyibo
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by uuzba(m): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

I'm sorry chief, I don't get your grouse here.

They shouldn't call friends and family anymore because they have upgraded or relocated?!!

Or must they give out money because they reconnected with family?!!

Please, clarify your position abeg!

Nigerians back home will NEVER be convinced that things are difficult overseas.
So they are ALWAYS going to beg for money if you call them back home.
Don't waste your time trying to convince them otherwise.
If you just don't have money to give them, then stop calling them.
-
I'm in Nigeria here. I have a cousin in UK there. But we call each other and talk all the time without me begging him for money.
This is only possible because I too lived in the UK at a time and suffered everything he is suffering.
So I know 1000% that he doesn't have money. We can talk normally about any other topic except money, and his mind is at rest.
But for his own siblings that have not yet travelled and don't understand, he has to blocked their contact as they were not allowing him sleep.
Begging for money 24/7.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by harmony75: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2022
If they even appreciate your little efforts you not mind but family members have this entitlement mentality! Not only you abroad even if you're in the big city they will be troubling you for money money money any call from them mostly bad news or money God help! She's hustling you too go and WORK!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by skuribeebo: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2022
If you don't call them , you would also be forgotten like tissue paper.
Re: Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) by nedekid: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2022
haleeberry:
I hope its not immediate family members....like parents. No matter what, as long as they did not abandon u, u should not abandon them. The rest can fu*koff if they were not there for u during your trouble times in any form.
Does not follow. If you can afford to give, give. But if you cannot, than do not force or inconvenience yourself, say No!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Officer Returns 600,000 Naira To Accident Victim / A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano / FG Plans 10 New Rail Lines (list Of The Rail Lines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.