Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). (2065 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2022
So today I will be travelling to Igarra, Edo state to explore the beauty of this rocky town.

Before we start this trip, it will worth it to mention a little history about the town of Igarra.

According to oral history given to me by an indigine, Igarra was founded when a Prince migrating from present day Kogi state settled there, while travelling in company of his 5 children (four sons and a daughter) and seven aids.

Who are the 12 founding families of Igarra town.
Can't really remember their names, but we have the Esinavaka, Esinakada etc.

The five children could become the Royal families, from the four sons, and most be Crowned by the daughter family.

The otaro of Igarra, leads his people from his town which is divided into 3 quaters, Ubobo, Ufa, and Utua.

The Enutos (Igarra people), have a close resemblance in dialect with the Ebiras, and a close cultural or traditional resemblance with the Yoruba tribes of Ondo state (there is Akoko Edo northeast LGA).

Igarra is the headquarter of Akoko Edo LGA in Edo state and its under Edo North Senetorial District, and together with surrounding towns and tribes all form the Afemailand.

The town is rich in Agriculture, and minerals and its surrounded by hills called the kukuruku hills.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2022
My journey begins from Asaba (Ahaba), and due to the fact their is no direct transport by car from Asaba to Igarra, we have to stop at Auchi first.

The cost of transportation from Summit In Asaba to Auchi is 3600 naira and we are about to leave now.

From Asaba, you go through Ewohimi, down to Ekpoma before Auchi, though their are multiple roads one could take, but that is thia the major road on this axis.

The journey is a 3hr journey though could increase of their is traffic build up due to bad road.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2022
Once I go to Auchi around 12pm, I was joined by the advance team and we headed to Igarra

From Auchi (Esako West LGa) to Igarra (Akoko-Edo) LGA is an approximate of 30mins drive max, with a fairly good road.

Though their is occasional issues of kidnapping or robbery with presence of Small scale limestone mines in Ikpeshi, Ago amongst other smaller towns that are contributing to air pollution and damaging the ecosystem of the locals leading to more health hazards

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by aieromon(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Following.....
Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 6:16am On Dec 02, 2022
The presence of a military formation at Nichole and the Nigerian Army school of electrical and electronic engineering provides a little security on the end of Auchi, while it's closer to the Palace of the ruler of Auchi. (First and second pic)

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 6:22am On Dec 02, 2022
With an abundance of plantains Cassava, yams, etc

The major mineral found in this area is the Limestone which small scale industry mine and has contributed to the depletion of the ecosystem and has contributed to dozens of cases of health hazards.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 6:25am On Dec 02, 2022
Once you begin to enter Igarra (you notice the presence of dozen of mountains or hills amongst houses that have stayed for more than 50 years.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 6:27am On Dec 02, 2022
So I arrived a bit late after missing their market day which is every four days and her is just a little pic from the town

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 6:29am On Dec 02, 2022
More pic from Igarra

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 6:29am On Dec 02, 2022
Good morning more update Igarra coming today

So it beena very busy day for me today and I just got home by 8pm.

So I visited Ewan Plantain Market, a.market that is held every four days to buy plantains

The first and second pictures shows me on my way to the market

While the rest shows me in the market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 7:15am On Dec 03, 2022
This are more pics from Enwan Plantain Market which you can get plantains for as low as 1k per bunch

And here is a videos to the overview of the market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c1NED5tLNA

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 7:21am On Dec 03, 2022
From their I visited some farms and the hills of this town, inclusive of the jungles

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by symbianDON(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
From their I visited some farms and the hills of this town, inclusive of the jungles
nice!! I always enjoy reading your threads.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by obawinner(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2022
symbianDON:
nice!! I always enjoy reading your threads.
Yeah I could say same too
Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Mindlog: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
Love the scenery.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 6:36am On Dec 04, 2022
So yesterday was a very busy day for me in Igarra.

The forest, the scenery amongst others and the harvest from the farm

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by sotall(m): 11:10am On Dec 04, 2022
Nice one
Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by otokx(m): 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nice
Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2022
So I have left igarra but I will be sharing radom pics I took in Igarra with my drone with some them as high of 130m above land and majorly of the kukuru hills

First is the of the potatoes we harvested in the hills and when we went to church
St. James Anglican Church, Igarra.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2022
Inside the church

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2022
Random pics of Kukuru hills shot from 130m above the ground with my drone

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2022
Area view of Ugbobo, Igarra

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
My post ends here....thanks for following
Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Ofachiedo: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
False historical account.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by ecomalchemistt(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2023
Great content as usual.

What drone did you use for the aerial shots ?
Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Onlinefarmstore: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
ecomalchemistt:
Great content as usual.

What drone did you use for the aerial shots ?

Mini2
Re: My Visit To Igarra, Edo State (etuno People). by Ever8090: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2023
I travelled trough Igarra to ibilo then to a small village bordering Ondo state, ... Nigeria is blessed with natural resources and doomned with demonic leaders, criminals who are only focus on stealing from the proceeds of crude oil nothing more.

(1) (Reply)

Description From Ikorodu To Igbesa, Ado-odo/ota LGA Ogun State / 15 Interesting Places To Visit in 2015 / Travelling To Belgium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.