Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? (1014 Views)

Dogara: It Is Time For The North muslims To Complete 14 Years Of Ruling / Bashir Magashi: Bandits Becoming A Nuisance, Nigerians Believe We're Incapable / NIN, SIM Incapable Of Tackling Kidnapping, Others - Prof. Adesina Sodiya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
shocked

I feel so sad, even though I hate to ask this question but the mentality of our people is so disgraceful and shameful.

"Are black people incapable of ruling themselves?" I ask this question because this is one of the lies, most racist (or maybe harsh truth tellers) say - go check out the comments in quora. During the apartheid in South Africa, the elites claimed the blacks were incapable of leadership which is the reason - the power remained with the minority.

What exactly is wrong with this generation? Is it colonisation (which sadly runs deep in our brains)? What exactly is wrong? Our ancestors had empires, kingdoms, riches - what happened to our present society?

Look at what happened to Rhodesia, after whites were chased away, look at Haiti, Nigeria etc... What's wrong with us?

Seun

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by sonature1: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
If someone can be campaigning for Tinubu when Peter Obi is in the race, you should know why black people will always be on the least rung of the ladder.

Black people are not a serious race.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Solofresh2: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

I feel so sad, even though I hate to ask this question but the mentality of our people is so disgraceful and shameful.

"Are black people incapable of ruling themselves?" I ask this question because this is one of the lies, most racist (or maybe harsh truth tellers) say - go check out the comments in quora. During the apartheid in South Africa, the elites claimed the blacks were incapable of leadership which is the reason - the power remained with the minority.

What exactly is wrong with this generation? Is it colonisation (which sadly runs deep in our brains)? What exactly is wrong? Our ancestors had empires, kingdoms, riches - what happened to our present society?

Look at what happened to Rhodesia, after whites were chased away, look at Haiti, Nigeria etc... What's wrong with us?

Seun
The problem is corruption.Africans are corrupt and not dedicated.Africans need a change of mind set.Africans need to go by the rules and not cutting corners

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
shocked

Hello

Nlfpmod mynd44 Seun lalasticlala

Front page material..

Are black people incapable of ruling themselves??
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by baylord77(m): 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
May God bless you for speaking my mind.

I have reiterated over a thousand times that we need to hire the whites to rule us for 10 years.

I just can't understand the curse with the black race regarding governance.
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Jessica008(f): 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sure,why not?
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by DennisEche(m): 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
Good questions. Imagine if the white had stayed with us till year 2000
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Solofresh2:
The problem is corruption.Africans are corrupt and not dedicated.Africans need a change of mind set.Africans need to go by the rules and not cutting corners

shocked

Check out Orania (an only Afrikaans community in SA).. check them out and see how progressive they are!

I don't even see Mandela as their hero, they've got their own history.. if a COMMUNITY can do this, what happened to 200 million people in Nigeria?

I'm proud of being a human with much melanin but the way "black people" behave - makes me wanna make "white babies" so my descendants wouldn't be in the midst of fôôls?

I mean, our ancestors fought in what they believed in - what the hèll is wrong with us?

3 Likes

Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
DennisEche:
Good questions. Imagine if the white had stayed with us till year 2000

shocked

So disheartening, bro...

How can Japan that isolated themselves from West culture hundreds of years ago - fight a war and their cities were decimated with nuclear weapons be doing so well?

How can ETHIOPIA that has survived for thousands of years and withstood the Italians... How are they NOT top Africa powers? How??

What about the descendants of the BENIN EMPIRE, SONGHAI EMPIRE, MALI EMPIRE, IGBO DECENTRALIZED KINGDOMS? WHERE ARE THEY? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by mrvitalis(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

Seun
Question you should asked is did blacks rules themselves before whites came ?

Can they rule themselves effectively after the ye white left ? If not for what changed ? Simple structure

Most African countries are just countries trying to run like a nation it can never work

Countries are not same as nations and models for running it are different

So understanding that would be when Africa would begin to progress

Take Nigeria for example most states are just mini Nigeria ...Tiv sees Benue as a means to dominate idoma , igala see kogi as means to dominate the rest

Untill Nigeria become federation with ethnic nationalities as the federating units nothing much would change
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
baylord77:
May God bless you for speaking my mind.

I have reiterated over a thousand times that we need to hire the whites to rule us for 10 years.

I just can't understand the curse with the black race regarding governance.

shocked

Surprisedly, you'd see massive developments!!!

Like what's happening??

Are these African lëaders telling us, there's no corruption in this Western countries??

I don't understand their mentality! Go abroad for medical trip and we've got UK and US taking away our doctors! Why's it so hard?

Yes, you steal public funds and you can't even deliver?? Bro wtf is going on? I mean, America was built from scratch by Europeans, African slaves, native Americans... So what's happening to us?

African ancient empires were successful, what happened to us?
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by gidgiddy: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

Seun

Black people are well capable of ruling themselves, they were ruling themselves before the white man came

The problem is that after the white man came and created "colonial centres" called countries, of which Nigeria is one of them, joined together people who have nothing in common, and asked them to rule themselves

That was a recipe for disaster
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by majole: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
Absolutely
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
mrvitalis:

Can they rule themselves effectively after the ye white left ? If not for what changed ? Simple structure

Most African countries are just countries trying to run like a nation it can never work

Take Nigeria for example most states are just mini Nigeria ...Tiv sees Benue as a means to dominate idoma , igala see kogi as means to dominate the rest

Untill Nigeria become federation with ethnic nationalities as the federating units nothing much would change

shocked

God bless you, brotha.

Crazy how these black people defend the borders created by colonisation, it's so sad (I feel like crying while typing this)..

Can't we think outside the box? Can't they see American democracy, their states and how power is divided? What about the English that brought this evil upon us?

They've got their democracy working for them, despite how Irish people hates English people - they are still in one country but different nations!
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Phantom233: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
I blame lord lugard for the ungodly amalgamation. Truth is that two can't work together except they agree... Nigeria was never meant to be a single entity because of the complexity of Its ethno/religious components and inclinations. We need to go back to regionalism since we can't practice true Federalism.
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Thortp(m): 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
The answer is YES
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

Black people are well capable of ruling themselves, they were ruling themselves before the white man came

The problem is that after the white man came and created "colonial centres" called countries, of which Nigeria is one of them, joined together people who have nothing in common, and asked them to rule themselves

shocked

Then, why are they defending this "colonial centers" with everything in them? I understand that different wars have occurred in Africa because of these "artificial boundaries"..

In Europe, boundaries have been adjusted many time but Africans choose to hold on, strongly to this poison slowly driving towards the extinction of the history of our greatness; that's why others believe Africans are infèrior!

Why are we holding on, to artificial boundaries created over a hundred years ago?
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by gidgiddy: 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

Then, why are they defending this "colonial centers" with everything in them? I understand that different wars have occurred in Africa because of these "artificial boundaries"..

In Europe, boundaries have been adjusted many time but Africans choose to hold on, strongly to this poison slowly driving towards the extinction of the history of our greatness; that's why others believe Africans are infèrior!

Why are we holding on, to artificial boundaries created over a hundred years ago?

Because in every disaster, someone profits. Those who profit will keep the disaster going, even promote it
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
Phantom233:
I blame lord lugard for the ungodly amalgamation. Truth is that two can't work together except they agree... Nigeria was never meant to be a single entity because of the complexity of Its ethno/religious components and inclinations. We need to go back to regionalism since we can't practice true Federalism.

shocked

So, what's taking so much time?? What exactly? Is it that, these leaders do not know the best for our continent, or they don't care OR the citizens are used to total dehumanization, suffering DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE NEVER EXPERIENCED COLONISATION AND SLAVERY FIRST HAND!

WHY ARE WE MORE ENSLAVED THAN OUR ANCESTORS THAT FACED THE REAL THING but kept their head up? Why?

By 2030s, China would sent man to Mars and we'd still be here bàckward and unwilling to think! angry

No, I can't let my kids suffer or keep blaming the white man just like Africans... No!
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by worldTina(f): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
We feel more inferior, that's just it
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by DennisEche(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

So disheartening, bro...

How can Japan that isolated themselves from West culture hundreds of years ago - fight a war and their cities were decimated with nuclear weapons be doing so well?

How can ETHIOPIA that has survived for thousands of years and withstood the Italians... How are they NOT top Africa powers? How??

What about the descendants of the BENIN EMPIRE, SONGHAI EMPIRE, MALI EMPIRE, IGBO DECENTRALIZED KINGDOMS? WHERE ARE THEY? angry
Boss the questions long.... The why go too much. The blacks are meant not to lead

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

Because in every disaster, someone profits. Those who profit will keep the disaster going, even promote it

shocked

Sir, if only you understand how I feel! I feel so much pain right now! angry

But.. is it that, there are no CORRUPT politician in these other countries? What about China? Forget the propaganda but I'm sure, North Korea has more infrastructure than Nigeria.. So, what EXACTLY is the LEVEL of CORRUPTION in Africa that they can't progress BUT DO BETTER in other countries?? angry
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
DennisEche:

Boss the questions long.... The why go too much. The blacks are meant not to lead

shocked

I don't want to believe that! The problem is this ûselèss pizza generation!

Blacks ruled Ethiopia
Blacks ruled Sudan
Blacks ruled Mali empire
Blacks ruled Zimbabwe empire
Blacks ruled Benin empire
Blacks led the Republican kingdoms of Igbo nation.
Blacks ruled the Oyo empire

People also say, blacks used to rule Spain and part of Europe... What happened? How did we forget everything? Was it amnesia? COLONISATION?

Modified; most recently, a black nation made weapons, airstrip etc... How did we forget everything? Or did they lie to us?

Why didn't Nigerian government recruit these scientist like American did to German scientists??
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Mindcure: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
The problem is the Leadership and the Followership.

They leaders have institutionalized structural imbalance, especially in Nigeria, where they likes of MC Oluoma are a henchmen to one drug lord running for president of this great country. Where one hell of a greedy creature controls the IGR of state, to the detriment of suffering masses.

A system where Right is seen as a Privilege. And the followers are reduced to nothing by the wickedness of the likes of thiefnubus.

Blind Followership, and crumbs to urchins.

2 Shares

Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by sonature1: 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
mrvitalis:

I tell people that difference in languages and cultures doesn't determine the progress of a country.
There are three essential values that drive the progress of a country: fairness, equity and justice. You see the black man, they don't understand what those mean. A good example is Nigeria.

In fact, even in a family, community or tribe where everyone speaks the same language, without those three ingredients, there will never be peace and progress among them.
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mindcure:
The problem is the Leadership and the Followership.

They leaders have institutionalized structural imbalance, especially in Nigeria, where they likes of MC Oluoma are a henchmen to one drug lord running for president of this great country. Where one hell of a greedy creature controls the IGR of state, to the detriment of suffering masses.

A system where Right is seen as a Privilege. And the followers are reduced to nothing by the wickedness of the likes of thiefnubus.

Blind Followership, and crumbs to urchins.

shocked

Which means present generation of blacks suffer from amnesia or ARE PROBABLY FAKE, YES FAKE!

Ancient blacks died for what they believed in, Aro - Anglo war, Zulu war, Biafra war?? What happened? Maybe, ALIENS ruled our ancestors??
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
mrvitalis:

Good thing this is coming from you, honestly all this apc/pdp/lp struggles is nonsense without addressing the fundamental issues holding us back:

1. changing the present wasteful style of govt that is only concerned with sharing monthly allocation and paying salaries to a non-productive workforce.
2. serious investments in education, security and healthcare. Without that we would always be far behind the rest.
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Phantom233: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

So, what's taking so much time?? What exactly? Is it that, these leaders do not know the best for our continent, or they don't care OR the citizens are used to total dehumanization, suffering DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE NEVER EXPERIENCED COLONISATION AND SLAVERY FIRST HAND!

WHY ARE WE MORE ENSLAVED THAN OUR ANCESTORS THAT FACED THE REAL THING but kept their head up? Why?

By 2030s, China would sent man to Mars and we'd still be here bàckward and unwilling to think! angry

No, I can't let my kids suffer or keep blaming the white man just like Africans... No!
Bro, this country needs more than good leaders , the followers are also the major problems. D sad thing is that this evils has been there since independence at time I feel we could go back to colonial era at least travelling to uk wasn't an issues since we were their subject. but nothing pass God,
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
sonature1:

I tell people that difference in languages and cultures doesn't determine the progress of a country. This has kept a country like the US with lots of races progressing.

There are three essential values that drive the progress of a country: fairness, equity and justice. You see the black man, they don't understand what those mean. A good example is Nigeria.

In fact, even in a family, community or tribe where everyone speaks the same language, without those three ingredients, there will never be peace and progress among them.

shocked

So.. sir, I ask again - why aren't Africans implementing what I just read on these threads? Or maybe, none of y'all are Africans? I don't believe, Africàns can be this INTELLIGENT and not harnessing their full potentials?? Are y'all aliens??

How long do we keep crying?? In 2030s, China would sent man to Mars.. NASA just sent Artemis 1 to the moon, by 2024 another moon landing, the first by a colored person (YES, BLACK). Is she an alien pretending to be black??
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

Pure lies.
Go to your state and see state governors and local government chairmens.
These people have things in common and still mismanage everything.
Blacks are incapable of ruling themselves. They are incapable of planning, working together among themselves to acheive common goals and lawless set of people.
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by sonature1: 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

So.. sir, I ask again - why aren't Africans implementing what I just read on these threads? Or maybe, none of y'all are Africans? I don't believe, Africàns can be this INTELLIGENT and not harnessing their full potentials?? Are y'all aliens??

How long do we keep crying?? In 2030s, China would sent man to Mars.. NASA just sent Artemis 1 to the moon, by 2024 another moon landing, the first by a colored person (YES, BLACK). Is she an alien pretending to be black??

I can write a book on this.

Please don't get me started.

Sometimes, living in Nigeria makes me want to cry.
Re: Are Black People Incapable Of Ruling Themselves? by ThatsONYI: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
Phantom233:

Bro, this country needs more than good leaders , the followers are also the major problems. D sad thing is that this evils has been there since independence at time I feel we could go back to colonial era at least travelling to uk wasn't an issues since we were their subject. but nothing pass God,

shocked

But there are evil people all over the world, why are they progressing? China has over a billion population, America over 300 million??

China literally started picking up 40 years ago, they went through war, over 20 million people died...

Mind, you Africa (a continent) is over a billion population too with natural resources!! Are we more corrupt than Americans that fights unjustified wars all over the world? Or China?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Peter Obi Made Igbos Head Of Campaign In Lagos, Sokoto Etc / Moment Security Men Snatched Peter Obi Away From Massive Surging Crowd In Enugu / If All Of Nigeria Was One Tribe And Religion, Who Would You Vote For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.