Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

SMS Spam on Vmobile Nigeria (& other networks) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SMS Spam on Vmobile Nigeria (& other networks) (1422 Views)

Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks / New Android Plan From Airtel, Will Other Networks Follow Suit? / Glo ReLoads Glo Flexi: Get 40% Discount On Calls To OTHER Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SMS Spam on Vmobile Nigeria (& other networks) by whizkid(f): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2005
This is a warning!

A friend of mine received an SMS saying that he stands a chance of wining N750, if he forwards same text to 10 people on the Vmobile network. Thinking that he had nothing to lose, he spends N150 and gains N600 in return, he started texting away.

3 days later, he got an SMS from Vmobile saying " Dear subscriber, if you receive an SMS asking you to send to 10 people on the Vmobile network and get N750 worth of airtime, please ignore it as it is not from Vmobile".

This is not the first time something like this is happening, I wonder what the network providers are doing about this. If you ask me, I think it is a ploy to rip off their customers, afterall who stands to benefit from all that text messages sent by innocent victims; your guess is as good as mine. wink

Original title: SPAM TEXT MESSAGES
Re: SMS Spam on Vmobile Nigeria (& other networks) by Flint(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2005
Well Trish u said the message was that "he stands a chance", so technically even if it was really sent by ECONET, still didn't mean he was guaranteed the 750 Naira. also there are hackers who spend hours trying to brek into websites just for the fun of it. It may just be some mischeivious pple at work.
Re: SMS Spam on Vmobile Nigeria (& other networks) by Lillu(f): 6:08am On Jul 07, 2005
Hey not only in Nigeria also here in Philippines there's a lot here doing that and it's up to you if you take that seriously. Beware!

1 Like

Re: SMS Spam on Vmobile Nigeria (& other networks) by gloid: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2011
It left for u if u take them serious.
BEWARE
Re: SMS Spam on Vmobile Nigeria (& other networks) by informatix: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2012
if you are a Nigerian in Phillippines then i have this business i will like to propose to you.Note am Gonna sponsor the whole business you will be buying some fruijuice for me from there and send me via any local shipping company u r assured of usd500 every month you will effortlessly order from home using ur. Phone but @ first u have to go to market to search for the juice.

(1) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Download With My Opera-mini 2.6.0 Pls Help Me Out With The Guide Lines: This / Blackberry Tour And Storm 9530 For Sale / Airtel BIS On ANDROIDS Have Stopped Working Since Yesterday 10/9/2013!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.