Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets (14112 Views)

From ‘Civil War Tweet’ To Tax Talks — Timeline How FG, Twitter Negotiation Ended / FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others / Senate Proposes Law To Tax Nigerians For Using Data And DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by FireUpNow(m): 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2022
Onucs:
FG dey whine me?

U banned something and still want to task the same thing.

Who did we offend in this country that Jah have to punish us with such useless leaders
You supported and voted the incompetent Buhari and his wicked APC party. FG is a very inept man. He banned anything crypto and now he wants to generate money from it through tax. What an irony?
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by xevove2061: 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2022
How do you tax what has and was banned? Useless people everywhere
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Blaqputin(m): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Government have right to tax it, just like every service being taxed that is used by Nigerians.

The taxes will come from the owner's of those digital crypto platforms. I wonder why Nigerians love others more than their government. It's foolishness, whether they steal taxes or not, we need taxes.
This one is from the league of patriotic thieves...... nonsense comment. Started well,ended foolishly.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Skmoda360(m): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
Shey FG fe soribu?.....shey this people dey while me......vote Tinubu at your own peril.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by LegalWolf: 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
Restricting it doesn't mean it shouldn't be taxed. It's just a way of discouraging it because of the high volatility of the market and the unknown actors behind it.

Most of us who are into crypto will tell you the Government has been vindicated. More than 99% of investors have lost over 90% of their investment in crypto..Market has been bleeding for over a year now and the blood is still fresh and running.

I won't forget the day I woke up to see my investment of a million naira dropped to less than 50k. My own sef small..You need to see how a friend could not eat well for days because his own dropped from around 11million to leads than 100k.

Well, all these story no concern Government. That tax must be paid. Tax and death are the only certain things in life

May the Good Lord bless you abundantly. People don't see it from this objective perspective no matter how low you come to their level to explain. Some coins almost bankrupted people I know. It is just crazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Sammy5413(m): 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2022
Muslim forbids alcohol but still wants to reap from it through taxation, FG banned Crypto but yet wants to reap from it through taxation.

Now they APC administration brought forth a man with questionable character for president
But, thunder ⚡ fire you for all the lies you told me
Thunder fire you, you don't deserve me, eno go better for you so I say thunder fire you and your friends
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by vince96w2(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
Restricting it doesn't mean it shouldn't be taxed. It's just a way of discouraging it because of the high volatility of the market and the unknown actors behind it.

Most of us who are into crypto will tell you the Government has been vindicated. More than 99% of investors have lost over 90% of their investment in crypto..Market has been bleeding for over a year now and the blood is still fresh and running.

I won't forget the day I woke up to see my investment of a million naira dropped to less than 50k. My own sef small..You need to see how a friend could not eat well for days because his own dropped from around 11million to leads than 100k.

Well, all these story no concern Government. That tax must be paid. Tax and death are the only certain things in life
I believe you have been in crypto long enough to know that you only lose if you sell at lower prices..There has been a bearish period..This government is so stupid..You can't restrict a business because it can cause losses..Where there are losses there are also gains..There are no jobs and youths tried to help them selves then you ban it. Why not let money floe so you have a wider tax net? You go ahead and ban it...When crypto started,Yahoo, cultism, and some vices reduced because every one wanted money..
I have always said this government is anti youth and all their policies are useless..They rush into decisions..Why didn't they study the amount of tax they could get at least unplanned source of income in crypto unlike petrol..

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by SmartMen: 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2022
Onucs:
FG dey whine me?

Who did we offend in this country that Jah have to punish us with such useless leaders
I was coming to say this but you have done the job for me already.

na ment...
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by LegalWolf: 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

Always quick to defend rubbish, so because you lost money from your own wrong calculation and investment in crypto, you want the federal government to punish others that are making money from it, typical APC mindset, everybody should suffer with them.

For more supply of premium wickedness vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 2023.

She's telling you the truth but you fail to see from her point. Did you read CBN guidelines when they restricted banks from facilitating crypto transactions and the reasons they gave? Do you know how many credible investors have been warning about the dangers of crypto? D you knw how many losses people have suffered from these currencies? Government was only trying to protect the retail investors like you and I and she was right that they have been vindicated.

However, if you decide to go ahead with your investment in it, why won't you want to pay taxes? Or you think crypto assets are not taxed in developed economies?
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by LegalWolf: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2022
vince96w2:
I believe you have been in crypto long enough to know that you only lose if you sell at lower prices..There has been a bearish period..This government is so stupid..You can't restrict a business because it can cause losses..Where there are losses there are also gains..There are no jobs and youths tried to help them selves then you ban it. Why not let money floe so you have a wider tax net? You go ahead and ban it...When crypto started,Yahoo, cultism, and some vices reduced because every one wanted money..
I have always said this government is anti youth and all their policies are useless..They rush into decisions..Why didn't they study the amount of tax they could get at least unplanned source of income in crypto unlike petrol..

Government NEVER banned crypto. It is not illegal in Nigeria. CBN only restricted banks from facilitating end-to-end transactions crypto transactions
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
vince96w2:
bro, it's not always so. Most projects don't survive bear season. For most projects that have crashed from say 20usd to 0.01 USD, they don't ever recover. Only a few with good use case
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by FreeStuffsNG: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2022
Biafraaa:

I report cyberbullies like you to mods immediately.

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by qtguru(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2022
Laughs in offshore accounts.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2022
Onucs:
FG dey whine me?

I swear Nigeria na crime scene. This guys are mad
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by hoyze24: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

The market is bearish at the moment. People's decision to invest is on their own terms and they should rather allow people to invest maybe with some regulations but shouldn't be banned or heavily taxed. Why do you think America haven't banned cryptocurrency? They see more than the price action movements, they are interested in how the blockchain technology which is of course decentralized can help them grow. There's web 3 now and it's built on blockchain. That's going to bring a new wave of development in coming years and guess what, Nigeria will be behind again.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2022
Sheriman:

You buy at the top of a coin you buy purchasing green. Learn how cryptocurrency works first before investing.
lol..how do you determine top and bottom? People wey Sabi pass you have been predicting and failing in this business. Most times, an ugly development happens somewhere and the market crashes, but you are somewhere talking top and bottom.

Abeg comot
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Amaggedon: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

So how do you tax people from their lost?
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2022
The same crypto u banned,,,,where e-naira
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

bruder if I tell u my own.. u go hold mouth. But still that doesn't give them any reason to heavily tax it
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by BettingScam: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

you are a bastard son of Fulani bandit
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Sheriman(m): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
lol..how do you determine top and bottom? People wey Sabi pass you have been predicting and failing in this business. Most times, an ugly development happens somewhere and the market crashes, but you are somewhere talking top and bottom.

Abeg comot
We also have the successful ones. You cant generalize everything
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2022
BettingScam:
you are a bastard son of Fulani bandit
Constructive argument, dem no Sabi. Na so so childish tantrums online. Home training, Zero. If you see dem for real life, you go pity their situation. Children without home training
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by BettingScam: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2022
LegalWolf:

Government NEVER banned crypto. It is not illegal in Nigeria. CBN only restricted banks from facilitating end-to-end transactions crypto transactions
then you need to hawk your crypto and sell in idumota market and collect cash right ?
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by dalass(f): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

I won't forget the day I woke up to see my investment of a million naira dropped to less than 50k. My own sef small..You need to see how a friend could not eat well for days because his own dropped from around 11million to less than 100k.

Wowww cry

Me too loss crypto money but e no reach you people. I have not even been to some crypto wallets in a long while.

Binance was in my State recently and they kept messaging to join them grin Me? Lailai cool

Cryptos, Forex, Betting are Oyinbos scams cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2022
Sheriman:

We also have the successful ones. You cant generalize everything
No na. Of course I know we have successful ones. I have also been successful a couple of times because I follow events that shape the market. But in all honesty, nobody fully understands this market. Government policy, scams and what have you are the cobweb wrapping this crypto market
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2022
dalass:

Wowww cry

Me too loss crypto money but e no reach you people. I have not even been to some crypto wallets in a long while.

Binance was in my State recently and they kept messaging to join them grin Me? Lailai cool

Cryptos, Forex, Betting are Oyinbos scams cool
aswear, but some people go still follow you argue. Crypto is crazy!

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Hezzyluv: 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I am an Hausa Fulani boy from Sokoto State. There have been serious wind of change blowing across the north, especially my village here in Gidan Kaya. I am not so sure but I think we won't be so united in choosing a particular presidential candidate to vote for in 2023 but I see a lot of people spreading the Peter Obi message everywhere and I am also going to be Obidient and I preach his goodwill messages to everyone around my village

Are you for real or Mr. Anyawu Okoli hiding under the pretence of Haruna Mustapha?
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Painsoother(m): 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

Very lame defensive excuses.
Since when has the losses from people's businesses become gov't headache?
clueless gov't of bunch of illiterates that's only good at copy & paste policies.
Ndi uchu!
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by iLegendd(m): 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

I won't forget the day I woke up to see my investment of a million naira dropped to less than 50k. My own sef small..You need to see how a friend could not eat well for days because his own dropped from around 11million to less than 100k.

Greed and lack of strategy is what made you and your friends lose money. You invest in bear market and take profit in bull market.

In you and your friend's case, you invested in a bull market or at the top, so the bottom is your profit. If you invest at the bottom, the top is your profit.

Also, you don't invest your entire world at once even in a bear market let alone at the top of a bull market.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by BettingScam: 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
Constructive argument, dem no Sabi. Na so so childish tantrums online. Home training, Zero. If you see dem for real life, you go pity their situation. Children without home training
shut up
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2022
Painsoother:
Very lame defensive excuses.
Since when has the losses from people's businesses become gov't headache?
clueless gov't of bunch of illiterates that's only good at copy & paste policies.
Ndi uchu!
MoR0ns like you can't understand.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Brendaniel: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2022
LegalWolf:

She's telling you the truth but you fail to see from her point. Did you read CBN guidelines when they restricted banks from facilitating crypto transactions and the reasons they gave? Do you know how many credible investors have been warning about the dangers of crypto? D you knw how many losses people have suffered from these currencies? Government was only trying to protect the retail investors like you and I and she was right that they have been vindicated.

However, if you decide to go ahead with your investment in it, why won't you want to pay taxes? Or you think crypto assets are not taxed in developed economies?

I have no issues with the taxes, my problem is with the type if government collecting the tax, if at the end we do not see the usefulness of paying the tax, then it turns to wickedness because they are only taking the tax to enrich themselves, the taxes they have been collecting, of what benefit has it been to Nigerians, people are still getting poorer, securtity is nothing to write about and so on, then they tell me they want to tax crypto, till we can see changes for the ones we have paid for then there is no justifiable reason to collect more tax from the people....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi / Why We Bombed UN Building – Boko Haram / Most Part Of Mubi Reclaimed By NA As Yet Another Helicopter Crashes Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.