Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets (14141 Views)

From ‘Civil War Tweet’ To Tax Talks — Timeline How FG, Twitter Negotiation Ended / FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others / Senate Proposes Law To Tax Nigerians For Using Data And DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Cantonese: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2022
Onucs:
FG dey whine me?

U banned something and still want to task the same thing.

Who did we offend in this country that Jah have to punish us with such useless leaders

No be una vote for APC before? Una still dey shout APC up and down, without direction.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Onucs(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Government have right to tax it, just like every service being taxed that is used by Nigerians.

The taxes will come from the owner's of those digital crypto platforms. I wonder why Nigerians love others more than their government. It's foolishness, whether they steal taxes or not, we need taxes.

Then let the government reopen ours cards as well. That way, they will get more tax
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by MoneySEASON: 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
Restricting it doesn't mean it shouldn't be taxed. It's just a way of discouraging it because of the high volatility of the market and the unknown actors behind it.

Most of us who are into crypto will tell you the Government has been vindicated. More than 99% of investors have lost over 90% of their investment in crypto..Market has been bleeding for over a year now and the blood is still fresh and running.

I won't forget the day I woke up to see my investment of a million naira dropped to less than 50k. My own sef small..You need to see how a friend could not eat well for days because his own dropped from around 11million to less than 100k.

Well, all these story no concern Government. That tax must be paid. Tax and death are the only certain things in life

Love the way you broke it down for them to understand and get a glimpse of it.

My cryto investment of 4.7 million is now less than 100k, that time crypto dey hot, i just put money like water.

Thank God, I found another avenue for making money and recovered my money I lost in crypto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Onucs(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2022
Cantonese:

No be una vote for APC before? Una still dey shout APC up and down, without direction.

See, avoid me undecided
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by deborges(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2022
You guys can't just throw your money on something you don't have a good understanding of. If you don't get proper information about the market, please stay off the market
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Cantonese: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
Restricting it doesn't mean it shouldn't be taxed. It's just a way of discouraging it because of the high volatility of the market and the unknown actors behind it.

Most of us who are into crypto will tell you the Government has been vindicated. More than 99% of investors have lost over 90% of their investment in crypto..Market has been bleeding for over a year now and the blood is still fresh and running.

I won't forget the day I woke up to see my investment of a million naira dropped to less than 50k. My own sef small..You need to see how a friend could not eat well for days because his own dropped from around 11million to less than 100k.

Well, all these story no concern Government. That tax must be paid. Tax and death are the only certain things in life

Don’t confuse yourself. Also do not attempt to defend the government because you had challenges in the matter, unfortunately.

When you say “this thing is not good for my family and I”, how then do you underground attempt to make some gain out of the same rejected thing?

If government has advised Nigerians to keep away from cryptos, there is absolutely no sense in taxing the same. You do not place tax on prohibited goods. You ensure that they should not get into your country or homes. So if government taxes cryptos, somehow the same government encourages the people to continue with it.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2022
MoneySEASON:

My cryto investment of 4.7 million is now less than 100k, that time crypto dey, i just put money like water.
No matter how you try to put it, you will still find some all over your mention telling you that you bought at the top and sold at the bottom and all those silly talks. I have been a crypto trader for years and I can tell you it's not for the faint hearted. No matter how skilled you are, you can get caught up in the middle of one fraud or an ugly development somewhere which can turn your investment to dust.

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Cantonese: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2022
Onucs:

See, avoid me undecided

Because you be who?
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by deborges(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2022
MoneySEASON:

My cryto investment of 4.7 million is now less than 100k, that time crypto dey hot, i just put money like water.

Thank God, I found another avenue for making money and recovered my money I lost in crypto.
You guys can't just throw your money on something you don't have a good understanding of. If you don't get proper information about the market, please stay off the market
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Princedapace(m): 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

Tax us, give us electricity so that I can sell off my solar system, tax us and give us security so that I dont need to pay private security service in our place for security. Tax us and provide us with security so that I can stop paying ramsom to kidnapers, tax us and make our roads in all regions good to drive in so that I can drive my car to any part of Nigeria without fear. Tax us and provide us with water so that I can stop digging borehole. Tax us and fix our educational system so that we can stop giving UK and US and even Ghana our money for our kids to study.
Tax us and provide us with quality health care services so that we can stop dying like chickens and we can stop dashing SA, India, UK, USA, etc our money for health care.

Nigerian leaders are paid for free, they do absolutely nothing. 60 years after indepence and after we fought a bloody war. Nigeria is yet to solve any of the listed problems above.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by LegalWolf: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2022
BettingScam:
then you need to hawk your crypto and sell in idumota market and collect cash right ?

Hahahaha I love the sarcasm. Nice one..E enter wella grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2022
Cantonese:

Don’t confuse yourself. Also do not attempt to defend the government because you had challenges in the matter, unfortunately.

When you say “this thing is not good for my family and I”, how then do you underground attempt to make some gain out of the same rejected thing?

If government has advised Nigerians to keep away from cryptos, there is absolutely no sense in taxing the same. You do not place tax on prohibited goods. You ensure that they should not get into your country or homes.
it's unfortunate most of you don't understand how government works. Take cigarette as an example, it is highly discouraged by the government but it is still being taxed. I hope this will make you understand
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by FOOTSOLDIER1: 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Are you for real or Mr. Anyawu Okoli hiding under the pretence of Haruna Mustapha?

Suit yourself, if I talk now they will say Obidients are vawulent
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2022
Princedapace:

Tax us, give us electricity so that I can sell off my solar system, tax us and give us security so that I dont need to pay private security service in our place for security. Tax us and provide us with security so that I can stop paying ramsom to kidnapers, tax us and make our roads in all regions good to drive in so that I can drive my car to any part of Nigeria without fear. Tax us and provide us with water so that I can stop digging borehole. Tax us and fix our educational system so that we can stop giving UK and US and even Ghana our money for our kids to study.
Tax us and provide us with quality health care services so that we can stop dying like chickens and we can stop dashing SA, India, UK, USA, etc our money for health care.

Nigerian leaders are paid for free, they do absolutely nothing. 60 years after indepence and after we fought a bloody war. Nigeria is yet to solve any of the listed problems above.
I agree with you on all the points you raised. However, my points stand.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by deborges(m): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
No matter how you try to put it, you will still find some all over your mention telling you that you bought at the top and sold at the bottom and all those silly talks. I have been a crypto trader for years and I can tell you it's not for the faint hearted. No matter how skilled you are, you can get caught up in the middle of one fraud or an ugly development somewhere which can turn your investment to dust.
it's not about how long it's about how well. Do you have the right information about the market is a question you should ask yourself. There's no business or investment you don't make loses, your wins should more than your loses
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by MoneySEASON: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2022
deborges:

Lol, bro, let me tell you something, I bought my car from crypto money. I bought a land from there and so on. I lost money doesn't mean I didn't make any gain.

It was when I reinvestment in it that it japa'd grin
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2022
deborges:
it's not about how long it's about how well. Do you have the right information about the market is a question you should ask yourself. There's no business or investment you don't make loses, your wins should more than your loses
Abeg just stop deceiving yourself already. What happened to investors in LUNA, FTX and others should make you understand the point I am trying to make. I no sure say you don make money for crypto reach me sef. I don't just know how to lie!
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by occfx: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

So government is now discouraging risk takers and if you succeed, you pay tax. You and this your government no get sense. Anyone who is into crypto knows it goes up and down (volatile) so it's a risk. However, the naira they are encouraging, how far? The same 11m is worth almost nothing now just a space of 1yr. 11m was 22k$ but now, it's about 11k$ just a space of 1yr. They should allow us do our crypto in peace since they no Wan provide job. Greedy government

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by staga: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

You are what we call the "unsophisticated" investors. Never risk money you cannot afford to lose.

But no. People like you don't listen. Personally, I have never risked more than $500 trading anything online. I prefer offline investments. N11 million can deliver a robust bottled water factory that will give generational wealth. But our people always love sharp sharp money.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by MoneySEASON: 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

You nailed it bro, exactly what a pro in crypto would say.

It's not easy man, because this thing, you don't even know who is controlling it. So you never can tell what happens the next second, minute or hour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by jojothaiv(m): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2022
Onucs:
FG dey whine me?

U banned something and still want to task the same thing.

Who did we offend in this country that Jah have to punish us with such useless leaders
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Mftivi: 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

Story of losers grin
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Rapuru14: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

Yabaleft visitor
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by SocialJustice: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:

Crypto is not anonymous, if government wants to track it they can but this government hates anything it is not in control of, reason for the ban but they have seen their foolishness as crypto has grown immensely under the ban.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by cromz(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
chatinent:
In anything you are doing in Nigeria, put japa first.

- Chatinent, 2022.
You know you’ll pay more tax abroad right?
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
staga:

You are what we call the "unsophisticated" investors. Never risk money you cannot afford to lose.

But no. People like you don't listen. Personally, I have never risked more than $500 trading anything online. I prefer offline investments. N11 million can deliver a robust bottled water factory that will give generational wealth. But our people always love sharp sharp money.
Even if you have a hundred milli, it pains to lose a millli out of it. It's natural. Keep your motivational talks to yourself and other hypocrites like you. You think say me wey put 1 Milli no get over 20milli? Smh! This social media don turn all of us to mate
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by deborges(m): 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2022
MoneySEASON:

Lol, bro, let me tell you something, I bought my car from crypto money. I bought a land from there and so on. I lost money doesn't mean I didn't make any gain.

It was when I reinvestment in it that it japa'd grin
okay bro
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Painsoother(m): 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnionBandit:
MoR0ns like you can't understand.
Dafts like you that understands should explain to us better and not that crap you spewed up these at page 1, because you made no sense at all.
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by OnionBandit(f): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I am an Hausa Fulani boy from Sokoto State. There have been serious wind of change blowing across the north, especially my village here in Gidan Kaya. I am not so sure but I think we won't be so united in choosing a particular presidential candidate to vote for in 2023 but I see a lot of people spreading the Peter Obi message everywhere and I am also going to be Obidient and I preach his goodwill messages to everyone around my village
Hausa Fulani boy from AnambLa!

Emeka, go find work abeg cheesy
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by alimiadedayo1: 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I am an Hausa Fulani boy from Sokoto State. There have been serious wind of change blowing across the north, especially my village here in Gidan Kaya. I am not so sure but I think we won't be so united in choosing a particular presidential candidate to vote for in 2023 but I see a lot of people spreading the Peter Obi message everywhere and I am also going to be Obidient and I preach his goodwill messages to everyone around my village
mumu igbo boy
Re: FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets by Blissguts: 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
chatinent:
In anything you are doing in Nigeria, put japa first.

- Chatinent, 2022.

How can a graduate japa ? Like how do people do it since you can't request for student visa and tourist visa don't stay long ?

I do see people say they have Japan and I wonder through what basis were they given visa which turned out they no longer returning ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Display The Intelligence Of The Politics Section: Answer These Questions. / Akeredolu Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC(Pics / TCN Workers Resist Fashola's Removal Of MD, Abubakar Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.