Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates (25091 Views)

Supreme Court Affirms Oyetola As Governor Of Osun State / Fela Durotoye Describes His Running Mate As A Delectable Lady / Benedict Alabi Is Gboyega Oyetola's Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
And PDP will not bring the remaining polling units in their defense?

They cannot except in a cross appeal which they didn't.only a loser can approach a tribunal not a winner and the tribunal will only confine itself to issues raised by petitioners
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2022
Let me ask you, how do you prove forgery? Is it not by asking the maker if it is genuine or not?
garfield1:

That is what we shall find out but for now,we must find out whether adeleke committed forgery or not
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
And what if this alleged over-voting happened where APC also won?

It is not the business of the court.the business of the courti is to listen to allegations raised by apc against pdp and pdp duty is to prove that what apc is claiming is false and not to introduce new issues
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2022
No, PDP will bring out the full reports and show the tribunal the alleged over-voting in polling units all over the state and not where only pdp won. You must know that both apc and pdp asked for the CTC of the BVAS reports.
garfield1:

They cannot except in a cross appeal which they didn't.only a loser can approach a tribunal not a winner and the tribunal will only confine itself to issues raised by petitioners
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:
And if the maker of the document declines to defend nko?
The Deputy Registrar of WAEC, Sunday Adewunmi Osadehinde testified at the Appeal Court.

The Principal of his Secondary School testified at the Appeal Court.

I thought we were talking about documentary evidence.

You are getting emotional.if 1000 are accredited and1200 voted according to Inec sheets,what am I calling a witness to do? Now remind what are the requirements to prove overvoting
It is you who is getting emotional.

I have told you to relax let the defence open their case, this is how you ran about Obaseki and you know how it ended.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
Let me ask you, how do you prove forgery? Is it not by asking the maker if it is genuine or not?

It is not mandatory to call the maker.in diri vs degi,the makers were not called
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:

The Deputy Registrar of WAEC, Sunday Adewunmi Osadehinde testified at the Appeal Court.

The Principal of his Secondary School testified at the Appeal Court.

I thought we were talking about documentary evidence.

It is you who is getting emotional?

I have told you to relax let the defence open their case, this is how you ran about Obaseki and you know how it ended.

Honestly, I was having fun with obaseki.i mean such a man with such antecedent couldn't have forged and if he did,he is smart unlike the dull and foolish clown adeleke.

I am talking about if adeleke actually presented forged documents with padded results and not the one which he had failed woefully
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:
It is not the business of the court.the business of the courti is to listen to allegations raised by apc against pdp and pdp duty is to prove that what apc is claiming is false and not to introduce new issues
says who? Where did you get this one from?
You haven't heard about counter-affidavit?

When Atiku challenged Buhari's election, why did Buhari tell the Court that Atiku is Cameroonian? Was it part of Atiku's arguments?

Was Buhari not supposed to counter what Atiku was challenging?
grin grin
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:
says who? Where did you get this one from?
You haven't heard about counter-affidavit?

When Atiku challenged Buhari's election, why did Buhari tell the Court that Atiku is Cameroonian? Was it part of Atiku's arguments?

Was Buhari not supposed to counter what Atiku was challenging?
grin grin

Didn't you read where I made mention of cross appeal?
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:

Honestly, I was having fun with obaseki.i mean such a man with such antecedent couldn't have forged and if he did,he is smart unlike the dull and foolish clown adeleke.

I am talking about if adeleke actually presented forged documents with padded results and not the one which he had failed woefully
That's why I asked you earlier in the day if you saw the originals? You didn't....

You don't know the contents. What you should have been saying is if that particular document Adeleke submitted in 2018 was the same one the Judge ruled on at the Appeal Court, Abuja.

If it was, my brother.. it will be a waste of lawyer's money for Oyetola.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
No, PDP will bring out the full reports and show the tribunal the alleged over-voting in polling units all over the state and not where only pdp won. You must know that both apc and pdp asked for the CTC of the BVAS reports.

They cannot do that as there was no cross appeal in their defence.even if they do,itwill not favour them as the tribunal will call for a fresh rerun
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:

Didn't you read where I made mention of cross appeal?
But you said the business of the Court was to only look at APC 's allegations of 749 without the exhaustive 1700 affected!
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:
That's why I asked you earlier in the day if you saw the originals? You didn't....

You don't know the contents. What you should have been saying is if that particular document Adeleke submitted in 2018 was the same one the Judge ruled on at the Appeal Court, Abuja.

If it was, my brother.. it will be a waste of lawyer's money for Oyetola.

True.if it was the same one appeal Court settled,I won't bother myself but I hope it isnt
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
Because there was no two certificates presented to court.
The bone of contention in Diri case is that his name is not consistent with the name on the certificate. In adeleke case, court and WAEC had certified his certificate okay since 2018 and there was no discrepancies in the name on the certificate.
Now, apc said the certificate is not genuine, that the certificate he presented in 2018 (which the court had certified ok) is false. Apc said they have another certificate meaning we may likely have two certificates in contention. Therefore, WAEC must be called to certify (again) which is genuine. However, apc didn't invite waec in their case at the tribunal. Apc subpoena inec to bring 2018 certificate, they brought it, apc checked it to see if its different. They didn't say anything. I thought they will produce a different certificate today and ask the tribunal to compare. They didn't.
garfield1:

It is not mandatory to call the maker.in diri vs degi,the makers were not called
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:
They cannot do that as there was no cross appeal in their defence.even if they do,itwill not favour them as the tribunal will call for a fresh rerun
Wait till they open defence, garfield1!

Calm down....
How far OBA now?
Anything for him?
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:
True.if it was the same one appeal Court settled,I won't bother myself but I hope it isnt
That's why I am telling you to relax. I haven't seen it either....
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:

But you said the business of the Court was to only look at APC 's allegations of 749 without the exhaustive 1700 affected!

And I added the clause of cross appeal? Was there any? If not,why should the court lookbeyond 700? Only few smart defendants use cross appeal.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2022
Even if its a different certificate, apc cannot sue adeleke on the basis of certificate or qualification because they do not have locus standi. It is settled in the new electoral act.
garfield1:

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:

Wait till they open defence, garfield1!

Calm down....
How far OBA now?
Anything for him?

What's my biz with oba? Rumours about his release are rife.i almost got attacked for refuting them.
Brazil annoyed me yesterday
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
Even if its a different certificate, apc cannot sue adeleke on the basis of certificate or qualification because they do not have locus standi. It is settled in the new electoral act.

The court will decide that
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2022
It is a smart thing my brother. Pdp will submit the whole bvas report in her defense and tell the tribunal it is widespread all over the state and not where pdp won as apc is saying. And they will say if the tribunal will nullify those areas where bvas report showed alleged over-voting, they should cancel across the state. Now, if that is done, pdp will still win. The calculation is done already.
garfield1:

And I added the clause of cross appeal? Was there any? If not,why should the court lookbeyond 700? Only few smart defendants use cross appeal.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
It is a smart thing my brother. Pdp will submit the whole bvas report in her defense and tell the tribunal it is widespread all over the state and not where pdp won as apc is saying. And they will say if the tribunal will nullify those areas where bvas report showed alleged over-voting, they should cancel across the state. Now, if that is done, pdp will still win. The calculation is done already.

You are not getting it.pdp will not win any rerun.apc will never make that mistake twice
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2022
The 2022 electoral act has settled that. The issue of certificate or qualifications is a pre-election matter which only the aspirants of a primary election has the ground to bring to court. Check section 29 of the new Electoral Act
garfield1:

The court will decide that
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
What mistake did they make in the first election? Oh! They didn't bring out guns
garfield1:

You are not getting it.pdp will not win any rerun.apc will never make that mistake twice
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
The 2022 electoral act has settled that. The issue of certificate or qualifications is a pre-election matter which only the aspirants of a primary election has the ground to bring to court. Check section 29 of the new Electoral Act

Check section 182 j and 285 amemded of the Constitution which supercedes the electoral act
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
What mistake did they make in the first election? Oh! They didn't bring out guns

So you know? Plus aregbesola factor
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:
What's my biz with oba? Rumours about his release are rife.i almost got attacked for refuting them.
Brazil annoyed me yesterday
I knew people liked him but not as much as yesterday.

Well, Umo Eno is now railroading into Govt House.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by fergie001: 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2022
garfield1:
All the lawyers on both sides are veterans in election petitions.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by adee17: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2022
Section 177 that talk about qualification for position of a governor is the most important.
You dont even need to have a certificate or pass if you have to become a president or governor. You only need to know how to read and write or in the judgement of inec. But if someone present a forge document, he can be sued of course but according to electoral act 2022, only the aspirants from his party can sue. You must have a locus standi before you can go to court. It's an elementary knowledge in law.
garfield1:

Check section 182 j and 285 amemded of the Constitution which supercedes the electoral act
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:
I knew people liked him but not as much as yesterday.

Well, Umo Eno is now railroading into Govt House.

That is if oba doesnt apc or nnpp
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by garfield1: 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
adee17:
Section 177 that talk about qualification for position of a governor is the most important.
You dont even need to have a certificate or pass if you have to become a president or governor. You only need to know how to read and write or in the judgement of inec. But if someone present a forge document, he can be sued of course but according to electoral act 2022, only the aspirants from his party can sue. You must have a locus standi before you can go to court. It's an elementary knowledge in law.

It can also mean that those who have issues with his qualifications can do so via tribunal.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates by chukel(m): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2022
flejnr2:
Oyetola should go and rest, he is on a goose chase , the presidency is not happy with him and his cousin asiwaju so they can’t influence anything thru judiciary
I have bookmarked this nonsense. Tomorrow he wins and gets reinstated as governor, you will come and tell us how the presidency manipulated the judiciary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of A Nairalander With Obaseki, His State Governor / Buhari: Why They Call Me Baba Go Slow & Why I'm Slow - Nigerians React / Priscilla Ekwere Eleje: 5 Things About 1st Nigerian Woman With Naira Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.