Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,061 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit (16548 Views)

Ghana Coach, Addo, Unveils Squad To Face Super Eagles / Sergio Ramos In Tears After World Cup Exit (Photos) / Germany Players In Tears After 2018 World Cup Exit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 04, 2022
grin
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by Angelfrost(m): 11:38am On Dec 04, 2022
Urheadmaster:

At least Ghana were present in the world cup.

While Nigeria footballers were absent in the world cup tongue

Most Nigerian footballers are actually absent from proper football! tongue
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by naijknight: 11:40am On Dec 04, 2022
Peter obi should emulate this and resign before the presidential Election that is coming .so that we will not throw mud on his face.
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by aktolly54(m): 11:42am On Dec 04, 2022
ramotualhas:
he did a good Job every country must not win , I did not see a reason for him to resign ,, he should have stayed and build a greater team , changing coaches regularly always affects the players

#Queenieth
if they want him back, they can hire him again.
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by tydi(m): 11:42am On Dec 04, 2022
Pinnick Abi toothpick should be arrested and prosecuted immediately.
He is taking Nigeria as a joke

1 Like

Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by foxxydude: 11:43am On Dec 04, 2022
ayubamuhammad35:
He did well and also kept to his words,if it Nigerian Coach,he will not resign,infact he will wait until we throw mud at him before useless NFF we now sack him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbW_AYBssgg

Coach Austin Eguavoen after Nations cup did not resign abi

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by PastorOku: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2022
abobote:
Waoh, that is un-African

They were going to sack him anyway. Better to resign than get sacked. So, they don't spoil your cv.
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by kinguwem: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2022
ramotualhas:
he did a good Job every country must not win , I did not see a reason for him to resign ,, he should have stayed and build a greater team , changing coaches regularly always affects the players

#Queenieth
Yes, you've a point. We need to groom indigenous coaches. Addo was given appointment as an interim coach to qualify Ghana for the World Cup. He's completed his task & needs to settle back with his family & coaching job in Germany. He did well.
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by Warrior247: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Resign before they sack you is a smart move
you guys don't like reading no matter how small the contents is, but run to type comments.

Read this:
“I said before, it was clear I would stop after the World Cup. At the moment, me and my family see our future in Germany, I like my role at Dortmund,” the gaffer said.

Addo works as “talent coach” at the Bundesliga club, where he previously played.

“I said I would resign after the World Cup even if we were world champions,” he added.
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by Warrior247: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
ramotualhas:

#Queenieth

you guys don't like reading no matter how small the contents is, but run to type comments.

Read this:
“I said before, it was clear I would stop after the World Cup. At the moment, me and my family see our future in Germany, I like my role at Dortmund,” the gaffer said.

Addo works as “talent coach” at the Bundesliga club, where he previously played.

“I said I would resign after the World Cup even if we were world champions,” he added.
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by FBS: 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2022
chinedukenneth9:
Mr Otto Addo has resigned as Ghana's coach following the Black Stars' exit from the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

The 47-year-old who took charge of the team in April is leaving after eight months as head coach of the Black Stars.

Addo was first named interim manager before Ghana's World Cup playoff against Nigeria, supervising the team to make a comeback on the global stage.

The former Ghana international announced his resignation in a press conference after the match.

Addo’s departure means Ghana must make a quick move to get a new coach in place before they continue their Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4BWdgWmDxM
Not a surprise or is it?
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by Onyi90(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2022
chinedukenneth9:
Mr Otto Addo has resigned as Ghana's coach following the Black Stars' exit from the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

The 47-year-old who took charge of the team in April is leaving after eight months as head coach of the Black Stars.

Addo was first named interim manager before Ghana's World Cup playoff against Nigeria, supervising the team to make a comeback on the global stage.

The former Ghana international announced his resignation in a press conference after the match.

Addo’s departure means Ghana must make a quick move to get a new coach in place before they continue their Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4BWdgWmDxM
Na Me go Resign before undecided
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by phemmyfour: 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
ayubamuhammad35:
He did well and also kept to his words,if it Nigerian Coach,he will not resign,infact he will wait until we throw mud at him before useless NFF we now sack him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbW_AYBssgg
seconded. Nigerians are wired differently, no honor and integrity
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by yusluvad(m): 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
Honourably...
Re: Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit by pargelenis(m): 10:34am On Dec 07, 2022
Ghana is the only African representative that finished last in the group in this World Cup … proper Wack Stars!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal / Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! / Hugo Lloris Arrested And Charged For Drink Driving (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.