Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! (16553 Views)

What Do You Tink Will Be The Scores Between Nigeria Vs France Today. / Ways Nigeria Can Beat Ivory Coast / Will Bafana Beat France Today? Considering The French Team Is In A Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:25am On Jun 30, 2014
To be frank and fair, nigeria have done well so far this world cup.
I personally think they have been lucky first of all by drawing argentina, bosnia and iran(weakest group) and enjoying bias officiating against bosnia. I believe Ghana or ivory coast would have done much better in that nigeria group, but hey, that is football for you where luck is key.
Without much ado, i strongly believe nigeria can cause an upset tonight by beating france and get into the quarter-final stage, but shouldnt be necessary happy if they make the quarter final. you wanna know why?

cameroun made the quarters in 1990 and that was the end of them

senegal made the quarters in 2002 and that has been their end

My own Ghana made the quarters in 2010 and witnessed a disgraceful outing this year

I am all out for nigeria tonight, but pray you go pass the quarters, else you are hit by the quarter-final curse. no offense. Thanks

Yours sincerely
bin gbagbo cool

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by vicenzo(m): 11:02am On Jun 30, 2014
Ghana were lucky to have made the Quarterfinals last time around,cos they met a weak team in the round of 16, had they met a better team, they would have suffered the same fate the met at they hand of the Brazillians in the 2006 round of 16.

If the eagles beat France today,nothing stops them from reaching the semis.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by vicenzo(m): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2014
Ghana were lucky to have made the Quarterfinals last time around,cos they met a weak team in the round of 16, had they met a better team, they would have suffered the same fate the met at the hand of the Brazillians in the 2006 round of 16.

Too bad that Ghana ran out of luck this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by johnwizey: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2014
If Nigeria no win today, make seun ban me

25 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by bingbagbo(m): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2014
vicenzo: Ghana were lucky to have made the Quarterfinals last time around,cos they met a weak team in the round of 16, had they met a better team, they would have suffered the same fate the met at the hand of the Brazillians in the 2006 round of 16.

please read my write-up again cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by vicenzo(m): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:

please read my write-up again cool

Your post was a feeble attempt at belittling S.E performance in Brazil,by insinuating that they are in the round of 16 because they had a lucky draw and what you tagged as the weakest group,and not because they are currently the best team in Africa.

My post was a sweet reply,to remind you that Ghana's quarterfinal achievement last time around was as a result of the luck of being in a cheap group,and playing a relatively weak USA at the round of 16. I am only using your myopic logic against you.

65 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 30, 2014
johnwizey: If Nigeria no win today, make seun ban me
Na me go do witness. grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by justi4jesu(f): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2014
We will smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2014
vicenzo:

Your post was a feeble attempt at belittling S.E performance in Brazil,by insinuating that they are in the round of 16 because they had a lucky draw and what you tagged as the weakest group,and not because they are currently the best team in Africa.

My post was a sweet reply,to remind you that Ghana's quarterfinal achievement last time around was as a result of the luck of being a cheap group,and playing a relatively weak USA. I am only using your myopic logic against you.
Choi!!! shocked shocked shocked. See polite insult grin grin grin
#UpSuperEagles

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by bingbagbo(m): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2014
justi4jesu: We will smiley

good for u if kiss
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2014
We can't make it #dirty fact
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
Who put this BS on front page? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by hebex12(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
if nigeria no win 2nite,may hackers hack nairaland again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by vicenzo(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
If you want to support Nigeria,then do so, but stop this your cunning subtle way of trying to console yourself for Ghana's woeful world cup campaign through trying to downplay Nigeria's performance in this world cup by chalking up Nigeria's performance to 'luck' and not to the team's good technical,tactical and physical abilities that have enabled her compete at the world stage.

Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
Booked for creating wahala!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by englishmart(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
Pls. We can't.
Our aboki is on fasting. (azumi)
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
Booked for typing lashes.
Last Bullet
If we beat France, we ll break the quarter-final jinx..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ERCROSS(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
if D SUPER EAGLES shld win france today, which i believe we can.. then d germans shld fear us too cos we get better with every game..
i believe in the togetherness of this current squad and d tactics of the big boss...

LIVE BEYOND UR FEARS...
aim above ur expectations..
#teamsuperEagles
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by justi4jesu(f): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:

good for u if kiss

If what?

O ye of little faith tongue
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by tempem: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
We will for sure..... Nija will surprise us..... I just wished I could see vision, I'd bet my lif on it.. But since I can't, I better relax and watch it comes. Go SE
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Ayoswit(f): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
i had revelation 2nite where Stephen Keshi was lying flat on d ground after a man inform of Stephen gerrard score fourth goal against SE. there was confusion & disarray in d defense of d SE. we nid to pray serious
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by skyscraperTM(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014
johnwizey: If Nigeria no win today, make seun ban me
He is already here
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014
haxan919: We can't make it #dirty fact
Shey we should bet? If we make it I touch you, if we don't make it you touch me grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Lildreezy(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014
5PM today, i'll see the downfall of benzema, matuida and valbuena.

Mark my words!!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014
Amen o.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by MadCow1: 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo: To be frank and fair, nigeria have done well so far this world cup.
I personally think they have been lucky first of all by drawing argentina, bosnia and iran(weakest group) and enjoying bias officiating against bosnia. I believe Ghana or ivory coast would have done much better in that nigeria group, but hey, that is football for you where luck is key.
Without much ado, i strongly believe nigeria can cause an upset tonight by beating france and get into the quarter-final stage, but shouldnt be necessary happy if they make the quarter final. you wanna know why?

My own Ghana made the quarters in 2010 and witnessed a disgraceful outing this year

I am all out for nigeria tonight, but pray you go pass the quarters, else you are hit by the quarter-final curse. no offense. Thanks

Yours sincerely
bin gbagbo cool

Fhucking GAYnians.. angry

Curse yoruselves.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014
You should not be sentimental... Bosnia & Iran are tougher teams... If not, ask me why Ivory coast couldn't get a draw not to talk of winning Greece...
bin gbagbo:
Without much ado, i strongly believe nigeria can cause an upset tonight by beating France and get into the quarter-final stage, but shouldn't be necessary happy if they make the quarter final. you wanna know why?

Yours sincerely
bin gbagbo cool
Thank you... But bad belle is written all over you... we Nigerians know our team better than you...
Last Bullet
I blame the yeye mod that brought your trash to the frontpage... Your post should be in the abyss..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by haibe(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014

1 Like

Yours sincerely
bin gbagbo cool
... You sound like a ghanaian... Is bosnia a small team or is iran a small team... Get your facts right before posting craps... Ivory coast went home in a group they were favourites to top[nigeria would've done better]... Ghana ended their group with just 1 point and poor defending [Nigeria would've done better too]... We were crowned african champions not by chance neither was it by luck... It was by the team effort and contribution... Ghana and ivory coast took part in that competition too...

If not for respect, i'd brand you a fool and a failure

@OP, PLEASE GO HOME

19 Likes

Nigeria Beat France?

Honestly, Round of 16 is not try your luck.

REMEMBER Denmark in 98

1 Like

Lildreezy: 5PM today, i'll see the downfall of benzema, matuida and valbuena.

Mark my words!!
That's the spirit. wink wink wink
#TeamSuperEagles

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by decode55(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2014
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kylian Mbappe Donates £27,000 For Emiliano Sala Pilot Search / Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit / NFF President, Amaju Pinnick Reacts To Falcons 8 Nil Loss To France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.