Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,868 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! (3473 Views)

We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by henry101(m): 4:40am On Aug 28, 2011
There were strong indications yesterday that the Federal Government  would go tough on members of the Boko Haram sect.

This would be a corollary to a possible review of government’s earlier vaunted carrot and stick approach to the Boko Haram menace which appears not to be yielding any fruits.

In addition, Sunday Vanguard has discovered that government is coming to terms with the type of opposition it is facing in the Boko Haram threat.

A top ranking official said government would engage in paradigm shift in its dealings with the Boko Haram”. This, it was gathered, is based on fresh intelligence “that the group may not be pursuing any agenda on its own steam but on the prompting of some powerful and influential forces whose forte is largely politics”.

Sunday Vanguard was also made to understand that “the so-called carrot and stick approach that many Nigerians had alluded to was never an approach which endorsed violence or was going to provide an amnesty as was touted in many quarters”.

Already, the interim report of the fact-finding committee set up by President Goodluck Jonathan has been submitted to the government.

Government is studying the report with a view to establishing a “protocol on how to handle the Boko Haram menace”.

[b]The correlation between the suspicion in government circles that the activities of Boko Haram may be more political than ideological can be traced to a prophetic postulation by a former Foreign Affairs Minister, Professor Bolaji Akinyemi, in an encounter with Sunday Vanguard sometime in October 2010.

According to Akinyemi, “President Goodluck Jonathan would win the presidential ticket of his party, the Peoples democratic Party, PDP.

“President Goodluck Jonathan would also most likely win the presidential elections that would hold in April 2011.

“Mind you, this is the first time that both the ruling party and the opposition elements are not sure of who would likely emerge as the president at the end of the elections.

“However, after President Goodluck Jonathan has emerged as President and Commander-in-Chief, he would have to manage the post election crisis that would buffet his administration”.

When contacted yesterday on that prophetic postulation, the renowned academician simply said, “quote me” – the earlier discussion was confidential in nature and it was just immediately after President Jonathan threw his hat in the ring, declaring his intention to seek the presidential ticket of his party with a view to contesting the 2011 presidential elections.[/b]
Sunday Vanguard has been told that the administration of  Jonathan is coming to terms with that reality in the wake of the Boko Haram induced bombing of the United Nation’s House in Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja.

This is coming in the wake of the seeming orchestrated attacks on his administration, with Boko Haram as the front.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/fg-to-review-strategy-on-boko-haram/
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by efisher(m): 6:20am On Aug 28, 2011
Carrot and stick my foot. These fools need to be smoked out with the drone and seal approach!
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by adamabdul: 8:15am On Aug 28, 2011
smoke out?how?There are over 5 thousand soldiers in maiduguri and they have not arrested a single member of BKH.Infact,the people are more afraid of the soldiers than boko haram coz all they have been doing is extortion killing and destruction of houses and shops
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Pukkah: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2011
These government people are so funny. So it took the last bombing to take the Boko Haram group serious when we've been advocating a hard tackle for them from day one? Lives have been lost and there's no guarantee yet that there is respite. They should get off their comfort zone and act decisively instead of endlessly studying one belated report.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Gbawe: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2011
efisher:

Carrot and stick my foot. These fools need to be smoked out with the drone and seal approach!

Buddy, this is not Pakistan. The sponsors of Boko Haram are not terrorist mullars with large "dead or alive" bounties on their head. Our current situation is very very different to conventional models .  

For one, the sponsors of Boko Haram are known to the FG. Yet the FG cannot go after them because of the fear that doing so will destabilize Nigeria since these folks are very influential . We then have a unique situation where all those in authority , because they were fast-tracked into power to be stooges, actually have less clout and sagacity than the 'team' fighting them. Haliru Bello may be the defense Minister but can he , for example, hold a candle to Gusau ? These considerations begin to show the virtue of always doing the right things as a superior argument for how to run a nation. Choose your IGP, Defense Minister, NSA et al totally out of merit and crisis will always have solutions because the good guys have more ability than the baddies. This is how it is worldwide not the other way round.  

The sponsors of Boko Haram , IMO, will get more emboldened to forment greater chaos because they know that only lowly level perps will be reeled in. Today the UN , tomorrow only god knows. Jonathan has not helped with some grave past mistakes that would only serve to encourage the chaos we see today. Absorbing Dokpesi into his campaign team , after sanctioning the detention of same man over a terrorist act, was a big mistake. Moves like that can only serve to show that GEJ is not principled enough to fight back on a "my cause is just" basis.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by pokur: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2011
Was there any strategy in place before that needed review?.Ye ye.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by cold(m): 4:07am On Aug 29, 2011
henry101:

A top ranking official said government would engage in paradigm shift in its dealings with the Boko Haram”. This, it was gathered, is based on fresh intelligence “that the group may not be pursuing any agenda on its own steam but on the prompting of some powerful and influential forces whose forte is largely politics”.
Stale
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by premechaz: 4:40am On Aug 29, 2011
They have a strategy?

Whoa! I love Nigeria, we keep fooling each other.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Ishilove: 6:05am On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

They have a strategy?

Whoa! I love Nigeria, we keep fooling each other.
Seconded. E don tey wey nyash get center parting
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by premechaz: 6:14am On Aug 29, 2011
Ishilove:

I'd love to give your nyansh some center parting for real one of this days. And your mouth too. cheesy
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

I'd love to give your nyansh some center parting for real one of this days. And your mouth too. cheesy

LOL grin grin grin

I think she should give your koko a middle parting with a razor sharp knife!!!

You like trouble. LOL
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by premechaz: 6:41am On Aug 29, 2011
Aigbofa:

LOL grin grin grin

I think she should give your koko a middle parting with a razor sharp knive!!!

You like trouble. LOL

NO NO NO, Thats not what I want ooooooo. Kamari

How is your weekend? Thought Irene blew you and Ileke to lala land. No? cheesy
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by henry101(m): 6:56am On Aug 29, 2011
Ishilove:

Abeg you go give me private class for Nigerian street proverbs. Abeg where be venue? lol,
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 29, 2011
Playing politics with human life. Jonathan u need to keep ur hands clean of corruption b4 u can have d boldness to win dis battle.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Ishilove: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

I would love to stick a ten-foot pole up your back hole.
Aigbofa:

LOL grin grin grin

I think she should give your koko a middle parting with a razor sharp knive!!!

You like trouble. LOL
No mind am. Dirty minded dude
henry101:

Abeg you go give me private class for Nigerian street proverbs. Abeg where be venue? lol,
U gatto pay for consultancy first.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by henry101(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2011
Ishilove:

U gatto pay for consultancy first.

Hw much? How I go pay? I dey wait.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Ishilove: 7:55am On Aug 29, 2011
Ok post ur email addy let me send u my a/c numba :-D
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Nosyke(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2011
Ishilove:

loolz, Mehn, this girl you be baaaaaaaad girl, check out your proverb grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by henry101(m): 8:14am On Aug 29, 2011
Ishilove:

Ok post your email addy let me send u my a/c numba :-D

Oya, Check my profile. Send me a msg.
I dey wait.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by DisGuy: 8:22am On Aug 29, 2011

Fresh Intelligence LMAO, what happened to the other intelligence about knowing the sponsors?

This Vanguard newspaper sef
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by kulutempa: 8:26am On Aug 29, 2011
Fg to review strategy on Boko Haram?  Say what?  Strategy review by strategists who will struggle to  find their backsides in  broad  daylight grin  Wonders will never cease in this Obodo Nigeria. I say the only thing that needs review is their backsides. With a leather Kobobo whip.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Gbawe: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2011
Dis Guy:

Fresh Intelligence LMAO, what happened to the other intelligence about knowing the sponsors?

This Vanguard newspaper sef

Of course the sponsors are Known. GEJ is just not willing to tackle them because, deep down, he knows the poisoned chalice he accepted. This is why he can only look on as these people continue to inch towards their goal of destabilizing his Presidency through chaos and the loss of innocent lives.

It is a disgrace to Nigeria that the federal Capital has been bombed several times, leading to deaths on each occasion, with no one brought to book and no security chiefs making way for such gross incompetence. Even David Cameron avoided Abuja while in Nigeria. Soon Abuja will not be able to function as the administrative capital of Nigeria - a consideration that surely pleases and inspires these bombers and their sponsors.

The consistent bombing of a Capital city , in most Nations , would have provoked the sort of clamp down that would have seen many "big men" , however highly placed , brought to book !!!! Not so in Nigeria because we always have to be 'unique' to the extent of having a President too compromised to act and save lives.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2011
We are waiting,always waiting,never tired of waiting
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by jokingmary(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2011
Oh boy
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Ishilove: 10:05am On Aug 29, 2011
henry101:

Oya, Check my profile. Send me a msg.
I dey wait.
ok i don send am. Check ya email
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by marcus1234: 10:05am On Aug 29, 2011
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Pennywise(m): 11:17am On Aug 29, 2011
Nigeria has seen this kind of threat before. The govt was decisive abt maitatsine that is why they were easily contained. No dialogue was contemplated. Infact how can you dialogue with a people who believe you have no right to exist because you do not subscribe to the warped doctrine of a crazed religious teaching.

Jonathan became president out of sheer good fortune. Now he must earn it by being decisive. The first thing he must do is to release officers accused of eliminating the leader of boko haram. Then he must proceed to seal the border with cameroun, chad and  Niger, invest in military and civilian intelligence, then go ahead and route out the menace.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by kulutempa: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
Pennywise:

Nigeria has seen this kind of threat before. The govt was decisive abt maitatsine that is why they were easily contained. No dialogue was contemplated. Infact how can you dialogue with a people who believe you have no right to exist because you do not subscribe to the warped doctrine of a crazed religious teaching.

Jonathan became president out of sheer good fortune. Now he must earn it by being decisive. The first thing he must do is to release officers accused of eliminating the leader of boko haram. Then he must proceed to seal the border with cameroun, chad and  Niger, invest in military and civilian intelligence, then go ahead and route out the menace.

Pennywise, you have nailed it down. What you have said above is exactly what happened in Palestine between the Jews and the Arabs, and led to the partition of the territory into Jewish and Arab areas. The same thing has only recently happened in Sudan. It seems to me that Northern muslims in Nigeria have the same all or nothing domineering mindset just like the Arabs, and that is why we must begin to think seriously about splitting this country. It is obvious that we cannot live together in peace and unity, and it's time to call a space a spade.
Re: Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! by Nigerdailytimes: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
Read Top naija news today on www.newsliveng.com

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Government Exposed:real Cost Of Fuel (without Subsidy) In Nigeria / Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria / Pastor Okotie's & Bode George's Wife Romance Made Me Quit – Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.