Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,105 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

God, Lord And Saviour. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God, Lord And Saviour. (192 Views)

Thomas Called Jesus, My Lord And My God. Jesus Didn't Say, I Am Not God. / Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour / Why I Accepted Christ As My Lord And Saviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God, Lord And Saviour. by AbundantLife05: 6:14am On Dec 04, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
GOD, LORD, AND SAVIOUR. Col.2.3
In Him all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden. (AMP)

Good morning dear friends, we have an interesting topic today. We will talk about God, Lord and Saviour. It is amazing that our attempt at describing God is summarised into these three words and it is quite amazing that three is the number of the trinity. Let us start with God. I did a teaching in October titled the hand of God. In the teaching, I taught that God can be described in two ways in Hebrew, the descriptions are Elohim and Jehovah. Whenever we call God Elohim, we are talking about his power (dunamis). The creative force God used to create the world and the force he still uses to do things. On the other hand, the word Jehovah describes God as the self-sustaining, unoriginated, and eternal being. God is a being that does not have a beginning, he does not need anything to be God and he lives forever. Jesus proves this in Hebrews 7:15-24.

Now, Jesus is God and the Spirit of God is also God. I hope I have not confused you. The trinity is always difficult to explain because that reality is a mystery. However, the bible in Genesis 1:1 says God created the heaven and the earth, but John 1:1-3 (emphasis on verse 3) says “God created everything through him, and nothing created except through him.” The scripture reveals that the creation of the world was not done by God the Father only. The scripture here with the testimony of John the Baptist about Jesus in John 1:31-32 and the word of God in Genesis 1:2b tells us that there is another personality called the Spirit in the Godhead. Genesis 1:2: And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. NLT. None of the personalities of the Godhead created the world in isolation, it was a joint effort. They act in unity as they form the Godhead.

Secondly, let us look at Lord. The word Lord in Greek is Kurios. It means someone in a supreme position who has authority as a controller. 2 Cor 3:17: Now, the “Lord” I’m referring to is the Holy Spirit, and wherever he is Lord, there is freedom. TPT. The scripture here implies that wherever the Spirit of God is in control there is freedom. It is important that we understand this, the Spirit of God is everywhere but he is not in control everywhere. You will notice that the bible here says the Spirit of God is Lord and not Jesus is Lord because most times we only attribute Lordship to Jesus. However, the three personalities of the Godhead are Lords. Acts of the Apostles 2:34-35: For David himself never ascended into heaven, yet he said, ‘The lord said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand [35]until I humble your enemies, Making them a footstool under your feet.”’ NLT. David said the Lord (God the Father) said to his Lord (Jesus), this means that they are both Lords. Also, going by 2COR 3:17, the Holy Spirit is Lord because he has something similar to the son and the father which is authority and control over territories.

Lastly, let us look at saviour. Saviour is soter in Greek. It means a deliverer or preserver that is God (Jehovah or Elohim) or Christ (an anointed being as the messiah). Our Lord and Saviour Jesus came into the world as Christ and we know by now that he is God. It means that the entirety of the essence of God lived in Jesus during his time here on earth. The work of salvation that Jesus gave is a joint effort by the three personalities of the Godhead. All of them played a part in the process because they all lived in him. It emphasise our text in Col 2:3.

The work of the saviour is for our benefit to help us die to sin and enter into the life of God. Therefore, if you are reading this and you are yet to experience the life of God and you are ready to do so, say this prayer with me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

Re: God, Lord And Saviour. by AntiChristian: 6:39am On Dec 04, 2022
The trinity is false. It's paganism absorbed into Christianity!!

That's why Jesus didn't specifically mention it.
Re: God, Lord And Saviour. by advocatejare(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2022
AntiChristian:
The trinity is false. It's paganism absorbed into Christianity!!

That's why Jesus didn't specifically mention it.

Have you sorted out the paganism you called religion?

Where is it stated that you should put crescent moon at the top of your mosques?

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part One / Fantastic Christmas Event Ideas For 2022 / The Lies We Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.