Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper (539 Views)

"I'm A Church Girl, If You DM, I Will Preach The Gospel To You" - Rccg Girl / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2022
Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper

One of the greatest lies being spread by the preachers of this antichrist gospel, is that, it takes believing in the 'prosperity' gospel or seeking prosperity to be rich.

The richest man to ever live in this world didn't seek prosperity to become rich. He sought God! That why God was so pleased that He made him to be the richest man of all time because according to God, the man didn't seek riches or prosperity for himself but God's interest.

1 Kings 3:10 (KJV)

And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

2 Chronicles 1:11-12 (KJV)

And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

And up til this very day, all the wealth, riches and possessions of all prosperity seeking preachers of the "prosperity' gospel in history combined have not yet scratched the surface of king Solomon's earthly riches. So in spite of all their flaunting and bragging, their riches only gains any sort of significance in their own locality, and when compared to the poor or their fellow preachers, but not the world's richest persons as King Solomon's was.

1 Kings 10:23 (KJV)

So king Solomon exceeded all the kings of the earth for riches and for wisdom.

2 Chronicles 1:15 (KJV)

And the king made silver and gold at Jerusalem as plenteous as stones, and cedar trees made he as the sycomore trees that are in the vale for abundance.

So contrary to their false claim, you don't need to seek after prosperity as they do or preach to prosper or become rich prosperous. Infact a true child of God isn't supposed to do that, because Jesus Himself said it's the way of the Gentiles (ungoldly) to seek after such things.

Matthew 6:32-33 (KJV)

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

That's why it pleased God to make Solomon richer than anyone who seeks after such things.

It's because it's not of God seek after such things but of the gentiles (the ungodly), so do not be surprised that the next Solomon is not one of those seeking prosperity/riches upandan as such preachers, but those seeking God.

God bless.
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2022
So such an idea that someone has to choose or seek prosperity to be rich or prosperous is false and antichrist!

It is not of God but of the gentiles whose ways are inspired by the lusts of their father the devil.

The children of God are not supposed to choose or seek after these things, but to seek after God and the things of His kingdom just as Solomon had done on that said occasion and hence pleased God, because it's God duty to take care of such matters in the lives of His children even as Jesus had said.

Therefore Just as it pleased God when Solomon acted as a true child of God should, it also pleases God whenever His children do not seek after such things of this world, but after Him and the things of His kingdom.

It's only such ones that have any chance of pleasing God to the extent of God prospering them to become exceedingly rich as He made Solomon become, but never those who seek after prosperity or the riches of this world.

Hence all you need is to seek God and the things of His kingdom for these things to be added to you.

You don't need to chase after prosperity as the heathen to become rich!

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by dudusky007(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2022
Just passing
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by oteneaaron(m): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2022
Just as when you plant a seed and it grows to produce even hundreds of other seeds, this proves that everything in the universe is hard wired for ABUNDANCE.

As sentient beings, it is our earnest desire to become the best version of oursleves and to do this, we must make the most of ourselves.

And the only way to make the most of yourself is by becoming stinkingly RICH.

There is no dignity in poverty.

If you agree that God made everything in ABUNDANCE, does it not also make sense that God wants you to live in ABUNDANCE too?

There is NOTHING wrong in acquiring wealth or making the most of yourself.

The only thing is that we must learn to become CREATORS and not competitors.

Poverty is only an appearance, the only reality is WEALTH and ABUNDANCE.
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by Emytexboy(m): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
King Solomon: Why You Don't Have To Believe In The 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper

One of the greatest lies being propagated by the preachers of this antichrist gospel, is that, it takes believing in the gospel or seeking prosperity to be rich.

The richest man to ever live in this world didn't seek prosperity to become rich. He sought God! That why God was so pleased that He made him to be the richest man of all time because according to God, the man didn't seek riches or prosperity for himself but God's interest.

1 Kings 3:10 (KJV)

And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

2 Chronicles 1:11-12 (KJV)

And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

And up til this very day, all the wealth, riches and possessions of all prosperity seeking preachers of the "prosperity' gospel in history combined have not yet scratched the surface of king Solomon's earthly riches. So in spite of all their flaunting and bragging, their riches only gains any sort of significance in their own locality, and when compared to the poor or their fellow preachers, but not the world's richest persons as King Solomon's was.

1 Kings 10:23 (KJV)

So king Solomon exceeded all the kings of the earth for riches and for wisdom.

2 Chronicles 1:15 (KJV)

And the king made silver and gold at Jerusalem as plenteous as stones, and cedar trees made he as the sycomore trees that are in the vale for abundance.

So contrary to their false claim, you don't need to seek after prosperity as they do or preach to prosper or become rich prosperous. Infact a true child of God isn't supposed to do that, because Jesus Himself said it's the way of the Gentiles (ungoldly) to seek after such things.

Matthew 6:32-33 (KJV)

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

That's why it pleased God to make Solomon richer than anyone who seeks after such things.

It's because it's not of God seek after such things but of the gentiles (the ungodly), so do not be surprised that the next Solomon is not one of those seeking prosperity/riches upandan as such preachers, but those seeking God.

God bless.
Please do reply me with any contact i can reach you personally, God bless you
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
Emytexboy:

Please do reply me with any contact i can reach you personally, God bless you
Amen. You can reach me via email. I have replied your pm.
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
...The richest man to ever live in this world didn't seek prosperity to become rich. He sought God! That why God was so pleased that He made him to be the richest man of all time because according to God, the man didn't seek riches or prosperity for himself but God's interest...

Correction!

He did not seek God it was the wisest man in the world who told him to seek wisdom and understanding1 Chronicles 22: 12 and 1 kings 2:3 which Solomon confessed in Proverbs 2:1 !"my son, if thou wilt receive my words..

Which at the end we all see that Solomon fell and lost his position of the wisest man to his father David.

Jeremiah 7:23

“But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.”
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by Emytexboy(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Ok
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by Emytexboy(m): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
I can't find your message on my email
@ ugwuaemeka03@gmail.comm

1 Like

Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:41am On Dec 11, 2022
Thank you Jesus.
Re: Myth: You Have To Believe In 'Prosperity' Gospel To Prosper by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:16am On Feb 19, 2023
God is so goooood!

(1) (Reply)

No Sex Before Marriage / Who Is The Greatest Person To Have Ever Walked The Face Of The Earth? / All Redeemed Christian Church Of God:lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.