Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? (742 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by justfriends: 10:41am On Dec 04, 2022
A friend confess that allowing his enstrange wife[b] to leave out of her own volition [/b]after more than 9years of marriage was the best thing to have happened to him.

His only regret is his three kids who are not with him presently. The kids are with their mother for now while he sought out some issues.

Notwistanding, he has been providing more than enough money to carter for his kids. He calls his kids almost everyday and visit once in a while.

The woman in question has being a problem for him over the past 9years+ and since she left more than 18months ago, this friend of mine has continue to experience financial, spiritual and emotional breakthrough life. No more suicide thoughts which is borne out of depression caused largely by the estrange wife. In fact, the guy is looking fresher and seems to be adding weight to the glory of God grin.

Peace of mind that words can not explain and a renew focus in life and rejuvenation of his career path has since began.

With all these, I am beginning to believe that that line "for good and for worse" is contestable. Marriage isn't by force. If it isn't working, the proper thing for both parties is to walk away with their shoulders high.

Infact, marriage is overated as it favor ladies more in the ratio of 9:1 (90% vs 10%) 90% for women and 10% for men

Do you agree
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Kollins11: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2022
Is like this one just woke up to reality.

Good morning oo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by MufasaLion: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2022
Yes, it is, but sustainability of marriage depends on both individuals.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by ahnie: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2022
Everybody needs peace of mind.
Marriage is like the holy spirit it dwells where peace reigns.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Franzinni: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2022
It is they need to have a course in secondary school called marriage studies ... So children can know what they are going into when they marry

If you aren't wise, it will age you faster thank Hussein bolt

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Moh247: 11:26am On Dec 04, 2022
Marriage is a very big commitment and sacrifice by both parties involved
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Legendforte: 11:30am On Dec 04, 2022
I beg to disagree because without marriage there won't be family which is indispensable.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by coputa(m): 11:38am On Dec 04, 2022
If you can't take shit, don't go near marriage,It's an institution where you pretend,accept,and please your partner,if you want it to work, especially,the man,he must turn a blind eye to many shortcomings of his wife,that's why if you observe very well, you will see that in Many homes,the wife looks more plumpy and fresh than the man.its a shit swallowing institution.LOl.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Xj2020: 11:39am On Dec 04, 2022
Well said my brother
coputa:
If you can't take shit, don't go near marriage,It's an institution where you pretend,accept,and please your partner,if you want it to work, especially,the man,he must turn a blind eye to many shortcomings of his wife,that's why if you observe very well, you will see that in Many homes,the wife looks more plumpy and fresh than the man.its a shit swallowing institution.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by aisha1314(f): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2022
Yes I totally agree that marriage is very overrated. That's why I've decided that I don't want to get married. Rather I just want to have a partner (long term boyfriend) that I can just live with without being married. Marriage is just totally outdated. I want cohabitation not marriage.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by blaquebelle: 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
Life itself is overrated. And everything we strive to achieve is just for temporary happiness, marriage included.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by ibechris(m): 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2022
If u marry a good woman or man,u won't come here and be saying all this.

Marriage is the best thing that can happen to people,society and even a community generally.

Parenting
When a marriage produces a child or receives a child through adoption, it is one of life’s greatest blessings. Roughly 40% of children being raised today are in a home without a father. The effects of that fact are staggering. Father absence causes increases in mental and behavioral disorders as well as criminal activity and substance abuse. But when children are raised in a healthy marriage, they get a front row seat to see and experience the lasting benefits of a strong family.

So,with this, tell ur friend the consequences of having his children and wife not directly involved in their children's lives.

I call it old age consequences.

Marriage is good only if every party in it discovered that,it is not a resting place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Xj2020: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
grin grin grin
aisha1314:
Yes I totally agree that marriage is very overrated. That's why I've decided that I don't want to get married. Rather I just want to have a partner (long term boyfriend) that I can just live with without being married. Marriage is just totally outdated. I want cohabitation not marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by newcommer: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
ibechris:
If u marry a good woman or man,u won't come here and be saying all this.

Marriage is the best thing that can happen to people,society and even a community generally.

Parenting
When a marriage produces a child or receives a child through adoption, it is one of life’s greatest blessings. Roughly 40% of children being raised today are in a home without a father. The effects of that fact are staggering. Father absence causes increases in mental and behavioral disorders as well as criminal activity and substance abuse. But when children are raised in a healthy marriage, they get a front row seat to see and experience the lasting benefits of a strong family.

So,with this, tell ur friend the consequences of having his children and wife not directly involved in their children's lives.

I call it old age consequences.

Marriage is good only if every party in it discovered that,it is not a resting place.

Oga, we understand that it's your wife who is the breadwinner which is why we completely understand that marriage is sweeter than sugar for you. Cheers to breadwinning wives
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Zdr1: 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2022
Yes
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Richy4(m): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
The way you narrated this story, smile and draw conclusions with reckless abandon is amusing ... smiley

There are millions of people enjoying their marriage and keeping mute about it because good news doesn't sale..

If people on this forum who are enjoying their relationship with their spouses comes up and start opening thread everyday on how God have blessed them with wonderful wife/ husbands... day in day out, Won't you all be rolling your eyes?..I believe some will say... "And So What do you want us to do?"... some will say "are u the first person to be married" and other bla bla bla...

Guy.. just enjoy your bachelorhood when u can because it's your God given right and you deserve it....But don't paint marriage black because it is a beautiful institution... smiley

Sometimes people marry someone meant for another person...and when such happened, u don't blame the institution...

A lot of times, a woman will say to a man no..no.. no.. I don't want you.. my heart doesn't beat for you... they will think she was being an African woman with shakara.. A lot of times the men will take it as a challenge... They will mount pressure on her.. Bringing in all the persuasive skills ever known to man since the creation of Adam just to win her over.. when she finally agrees...Of course I don't need to tell u some of the repercussions... U know..

Op, in the next 9yrs, I am expecting your mumu button pressed by a nice young lady.. by then you will be singing a different song....U might even be ashamed of this your thread smiley
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Justkatty(f): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
If as a man you are able to tolerate, marriage won't be like a burden to you
And if as a woman you are able to understand, you won't regret entering into it
Both of you just need to work it out yourself, nobody waters anyone's marriage, you do that yourself.
Marriage isn't overrated if you meet with your own.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Mindlog: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2022
Marriage is a beautiful institution, only just one dysfunctional spouse is enough to make it toxic.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by ATEAMS: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
To some its adulthood packaging ... Or union aggrandizement
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Xj2020: 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
The crux of the matter is that the wife wasn't only toxic but has on a particular occasion threatened to kill the man and move on with his kids. Tell me sincerely if you would have stayed in such marriage were your life is being threatened constantly and the wife is always in the habit of collaborating with her family to make the man's life a living hell here on earth? Coupled with the fact that the man had on several occasions tried to save the marriage by preventing her from packing out on slightest provocation either by begging her or using those she respect outside to do same
Richy4:
The way you narrated this story, smile and draw conclusions with reckless abandon is amusing ... smiley

There are millions of people enjoying their marriage and keeping mute about it because good news doesn't sale..

If people on this forum who are enjoying their relationship with their spouses comes up and start opening thread everyday on how God have blessed them with wonderful wife/ husbands... day in day out, Won't you all be rolling your eyes?..I believe some will say... "And So What do you want us to do?"... some will say "are u the first person to be married" and other bla bla bla...

Guy.. just enjoy your bachelorhood when u can because it's your God given right and you deserve it....But don't paint marriage black because it is a beautiful institution... smiley

Sometimes people marry someone meant for another person...and when such happened, u don't blame the institution...

A lot of times, a woman will say to a man no..no.. no.. I don't want you.. my heart doesn't beat for you... they will think she was being an African woman with shakara.. A lot of times the men will take it as a challenge... They will mount pressure on her.. Bringing in all the persuasive skills ever known to man since the creation of Adam just to win her over.. when she finally agrees...Of course I don't need to tell u some of the repercussions... U know..

Op, in the next 9yrs, I am expecting your mumu button pressed by a nice young lady.. by then you will be singing a different song....U might even be ashamed of this your thread smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Stargurl20(f): 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2022
Confusion everywhere
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Richy4(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2022
Xj2020:
The crux of the matter is that the wife wasn't only toxic but has on a particular occasion threatened to kill the man and move on with his kids. Tell me sincerely if you would stayed in such marriage were your life is being threatened and the wife is constantly collaborating with her family to make the man's life a living hell here on earth? Coupled with the fact that the man had on several occasion tried to save the marriage by preventing her from packing on slightest provocation either by begging her or using those she respect outside to do same
Based on your question...No I will not be in such relationship because I like to be happy...

But why would a man whose life is made a living hell.. whose wife collaborates with her family to threatened to kill him still beg her to stay as you said whenever she packs her bag...Have you asked yourself of that part?..can u do that if indeed U know deep down that you were innocent?

Do you think just for a tiny second that there's something he wasn't getting right?...Are you sure he told u the whole truth or just demonizing her before you by telling you what you needed to hear?

Please don't judge that institution because of your friend's unpleasant experiences...When the time comes for you to tie the knot, u will be the one to draw such conclusion based on your experience...

However, we are living in a Morden world now, if u can't stand to share your bed with someone,... Or if u think that u can't take nonsense or tolerate another imperfect been around you sharing your space please don't force yourself ... smiley
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by culf: 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2022
Marriage is not overrated, that its not working for your friend or some few doesn't mean that its not working for others.
Truth is marriage is not for everyone, those are the ones spoiling the beautiful name of marriage institution

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by Vision101(m): 12:46am On Dec 05, 2022
No, free sex outside marriage is overrated
Re: Marriage Is Overrated. Do You Agree??? by efficiencie(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2022
justfriends:
A friend confess that allowing his enstrange wife[b] to leave out of her own volition [/b]after more than 9years of marriage was the best thing to have happened to him.

His only regret is his three kids who are not with him presently. The kids are with their mother for now while he sought out some issues.

Notwistanding, he has been providing more than enough money to carter for his kids. He calls his kids almost everyday and visit once in a while.

The woman in question has being a problem for him over the past 9years+ and since she left more than 18months ago, this friend of mine has continue to experience financial, spiritual and emotional breakthrough life. No more suicide thoughts which is borne out of depression caused largely by the estrange wife. In fact, the guy is looking fresher and seems to be adding weight to the glory of God grin.

Peace of mind that words can not explain and a renew focus in life and rejuvenation of his career path has since began.

With all these, I am beginning to believe that that line "for good and for worse" is contestable. Marriage isn't by force. If it isn't working, the proper thing for both parties is to walk away with their shoulders high.

Infact, marriage is overated as it favor ladies more in the ratio of 9:1 (90% vs 10%) 90% for women and 10% for men

Do you agree

Marriage is not overrated it is the people that seek to get married these days that are toxic, vitriolic, inhumane, psychopathic and hypocritical. How can you marry a psychopath and expect to live happily ever after? Is it possible? If you are a good person and you get married to a good person your marriage will bring joy, peace and laughter in the darkest and coldest times. Liberalism has destroyed our values. Many ladies in their teens engage in reckless sex believing that their sexual past will never be an impeding factor. Many men do the same too. Our society is driven by materialism and hedonism and only a tiny minority believe in altruism as a way of life. You can't live in such a society, pick a girl randomly, marry her and expect to live happily ever after. You go suffer sha ni...but I'm grateful to God that is not my lot...I pity those suffering and smiling in marriage.

(1) (Reply)

Akure Clearance Thread / How My Dad Reacted When His Money Was Spent For My School Fees / Smartwatch And Smartband For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.