Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Election Administrator Smart Contract For Substrate Based Blockchain/parachain - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Election Administrator Smart Contract For Substrate Based Blockchain/parachain (434 Views)

Forsage Meta Force A Better Programmed Smart Contract That Pays Better / Contract For E-laundry Website & Andriod Application / Contract For Professionals Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Election Administrator Smart Contract For Substrate Based Blockchain/parachain by harryobas: 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2022
Howdy folks,
In my quest to learn Rust and Blockchain technology, I decided to build a proof of concept smart contract for nigerian partisan election administration using ink!. A rust embedded domain specific language (eDSL) for writing webassembly (wasm) smart contracts which can be deployed to a substrate based blockchain/parachain. This is similar to solidity for writing EVM smart contracts for onward deployment to the etherum blockchain.

The election administrator smart contract aims to streamline the entire election administration process by providing the following core functionalities:
1. voter registration
2. Registration of political parties together with their candidate for elections
3. casting and recording of votes
4. voter accreditation
4. vote count and collation of election results

The election administration domain presents one of the numerous use cases where blockchain technology really shines not only in terms of security and integrity of election data but also in the enablement of transparency and flexibility of the election process as well as drastically reducing the overall cost of administering nationwide partisan elections.

A word on Rust:
I have been learning and using rust for quite a while now and i must say i have fallen helplessly in love with this amazing language that came out of mozilla. Rust has a steep learning curve which is to be expected being a systems programming language and especially for developers coming from dynamic languages like Ruby and Python. This however should not discourage you from giving Rust a try just keep at it and don't give up and you will reap the benefits later down the line.

Here is a link to the code repo on Github
As this is just a proof of concept, i'm open to feedbacks, ideas, constructive critic and of course pull requests
Happy Coding! smiley
Re: Election Administrator Smart Contract For Substrate Based Blockchain/parachain by genaro2000(m): 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
Hmmm nice one
Re: Election Administrator Smart Contract For Substrate Based Blockchain/parachain by Nahdeh: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
your head get oil.

(1) (Reply)

Is Javascript Really Bad For Data Structure And Algorithms Practice / Should I Buy The Macbook Pro M2 Now Or Wait For M3 ? / Why do Nigerian techies do this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.