Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? (1380 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Nhemzie17: 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
So I was compelled to church today after almost a year by my neighbour and I wasn't proud of what I saw (I might be wrong though).
1. There was about six different offerings and it was compulsory for you to leave your sit and dance to the altar to drop the money (it was a very big church so each offering exercise takes up to 10mins), that's over an hour in total collecting money in a 3 hour service.
2. The mode of the sixth offering made me leave the church immediately: The pastor stood at the alter and called different denominations of naira beginning from 5k downwards and people went to the alter to drop as soon as the amount of money they wish to drop was called.
Ive not been a great Christian but aren't our givings supposed to be between God and I or has the system now changed? not to mention the excess tasking of members.
Happy Sunday.

cc; nlfpmod
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by doggedfighter(f): 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
You went to a business centre.

All churches are !

6 Likes

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Nhemzie17: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
doggedfighter:
You went to a business centre.

All churches are !
Its now clear to me now. I'm oficially staying away from churches now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by guysbewise: 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nhemzie17:

Its now clear to me now.
I'm oficially staying away from churches now.

GOD don open your eyes

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by doggedfighter(f): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nhemzie17:

Its now clear to me now.
I'm oficially staying away from churches now.

Now you know.

Stay home and rest ,do the things that make you happy.

Be good to people around you.

Humanity not Religion !

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2022
As someone said up there, you went to a Business Center.

And if you ask me, ALL of them are Business Center with no mercy for the Congregants when it comes to money matter.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
You were in the wrong place!

I attended a church for close to 3 months before i asked my friend how they're coping without contribution, that's when he showed me two boxes at the back but they're not contributing! undecided
So i told him i can't see anyone contributing, then he told me to come earlier next time but now i should focus only on the box from the beginning of their service to the end, that's the time i notice each person going to drop something in the box even the kids doing the same without any announcement.

Well the church has been tagged CULT {Matthew 10:25} they are known globally as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by AntiChristian: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2022
Jesus didn't attend church nor urge anyone to.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

He urged his disciples to gather in his name {Matthew 18:20} it's our assembly as worshipers that's called church not a building! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
AntiChristian:
Stop displaying your folly online.

Church is a gathering of people.

Jesus gathered with others in the Temple, he read the scriptures there and he told us that where we are gathered in his name, he will be there.

What you should be concerned about is how Lucifer crescent found its way into your worship center, it had nothing to do with muhammad and yet you’re using it at the top of your mosques today

4 Likes

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:
As someone said up there, you went to a Business Center.

And if you ask me, ALL of them are Business Center with no mercy for the Congregants when it comes to money matter.

Says a man whose clerics collect all sorts of money from people: from owo ope, owo alubarika, owo kika Quranic etc

You guys should focus on the nonsense you do in your religion and allow others live their lives!

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by AntiChristian: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He urged his disciples to gather in his name {Matthew 18:20} it's our assembly as worshipers that's called church not a building! smiley

In essence he never started anything but told you to gather...

How will you gather?
What will you gather to do?
Where to gather?
Rules and regulations!
He just never started anything!

Gather in someone's name are for the lost sheep of Israel. How did it concern you?

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Benny93: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nhemzie17:
So I was compelled to church today after almost a year by my neighbour and I wasn't proud of what I saw (I might be wrong though).
1. There was about six different offerings and it was compulsory for you to leave your sit and dance to the altar to drop the money (it was a very big church so each offering exercise takes up to 10mins), that's over an hour in total collecting money in a 3 hour service.
2. The mode of the sixth offering made me leave the church immediately: The pastor stood at the alter and called different denominations of naira beginning from 5k downwards and people went to the alter to drop as soon as the amount of money they wish to drop was called.
Ive not been a great Christian but aren't our givings supposed to be between God and I or has the system now changed? not to mention the excess tasking of members.
Happy Sunday.
uncle churches ar different, it happen in dat church does nt mean it so in other churches...in my church it jst one time offering n u dnt stand to the alter to give, u sit n an offering box will be pass 2 u n also if u dnt ave u pass it 2 the next person. No body get ur tym

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

Says a man whose clerics collect all sorts of money from people: from owo ope, owo alubarika, owo kika Quranic etc

You guys should focus on the nonsense you do in your religion and allow others live their lives!

Of cos the Clerics do collects various owo opes. That's true. But one thing you never hear them say is that non payment will land you in Jahanam or things will be tight for whoever refuses to pay.

Or have you heard the Imam at Abuja Central Mosque say if you don't drop money on Fridays na Hellfire straight as that Hellfire Gateman at Ota use to say or the one that drinks Tea with God?

Besides the Op is a Christian and he made a post of what he saw in a Church not a Mosque. So, I would rather say you wait till a Muslim complain about the owo opes.

At your last paragraph, why not take your own medicine? Count the number of post you have made about Islam and Muslims and the one you have made for your "Lord and Personal Saviour" then come back and make the statement again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

How will you gather?
Where to gather?
Rules and regulations!

Gather in someone's name are for the lost sheep of Israel. How did it concern you?
The Quran you’re reading today is for the Arabs (people of Mecca and its environs) how does the Quran concern you today, are you an Arab?

It is stated in the Quran that no messenger (Rasool) was sent except in the language of his people. That’s the logic of Islam and Quran.

Muhammad only spoke Arabic and hence, according to that Quranic verse, muhammad was sent only to the Arabs and not the whole world as he couldn’t speak all the languages in the world!

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allāh sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.”
-Quran 14:4

Also, it is stated in the Quran that the Quran was revealed to warn the people of Mecca and those around. Quran was not sent to the whole world, if you’re not an Arab, the Quran wasn’t sent to you.

And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allāh and avoid ṭāghūt." And among them were those whom Allāh guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed [i.e., travel] through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.
-Quran 16:36

Allah said that he sent messengers to every nations. Muhammad was sent in the language of his people and the Quran was sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings, you Nigerian Muslims should go and look for your own messengers that was sent to you!

“And thus We have revealed to you an Arabic Qur’ān that you may warn the Mother of Cities [i.e., Makkah] and those around it and warn of the Day of Assembly, about which there is no doubt. A party will be in Paradise and a party in the Blaze.”
-Quran 42:7

Muslims are always quick to lay claim that another part of the Quran said muhammad was sent to the whole world! If that is true, then it negates what Allah said about the

-Quran being sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings

-Messengers being sent in the language of their people (Muhammad could only speak Arabic)
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Of cos the Clerics do collects various owo opes. That's true. But one thing you never hear them say is that non payment will land you in Jahanam or things will be tight for whoever refuses to pay.
Did the op claim that they said those words to him?

And if a cleric says you should pay owo alubarika, he is not telling you indirectly that there won’t be alubarika for you if you don’t pay?

Did muhammad collect owo alubarika from anyone

Are you even aware that Muhammad was the one that started collecting offering from people after preaching to them?

Or have you heard the Imam at Abuja Central Mosque say if you don't drop money on Fridays na Hellfire straight as that Hellfire Gateman at Ota use to say or the one that drinks Tea with God?
We have many of your lunatic clerics always claiming that they go to pray in Mecca on fridays even when they haven’t left their rooms

Or your terrorists that kill people and bomb themselves just because of 72 wives and a strength of 100 men to sleep with them that muhammad promised them

At your last paragraph, why not take your own medicine? Count the number of post you have made about Islam and Muslims and the one you have made for your "Lord and Personal Saviour" then come back and make the statement again.
I make my posts to expose your folly and to let the whole world know that Muslims and Islam are guilty of everything they accuse other religions of!

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

Did the op claim that they said those words to him?

And if a cleric says you should pay owo alubarika, he is not telling you indirectly that there won’t be alubarika for you if you don’t pay?

Did muhammad collect owo alubarika

We have many of your lunatic clerics always claiming that they go to pray in Mecca on fridays even when they haven’t left their rooms

Or your terrorists that kill people and bomb themselves just because of 72 wives and a strength of 100 men to sleep with them that muhammad promised them

I make my posts to expose your folly and to let the whole world know that Muslims and Islam are guilty of everything they accuse other religions of!

Oga calm down before start chewing on your keypad. Abeg!

I don't need to pay any owo alubarika to any one because my portion in this life is assured. So, if there is any Cleric or Clerics mouthing that, he is on his own.

Of course My Beloved did not collect owo alubarika (Baraka meaning blessings) but he said we should give Charity. Whether those Clerics ask or not, a Muslim will always give Charity.

Of course there are Lunatics every where and I have heard the talk about some clerics saying they prayed Fajr in their house, Zuhr and Asr in Mecca lol. They are not any different from someone who claimed he drove an SUV on empty Tank from Benin City to Lagos or that God Almighty came to his house to drink Tea. Looneys everywhere. And I know you must have dozens of those stories at your Business Centers a lot. They are a symptoms of mad people. So, I don't take them serious.

Of course keep up with the work you and doing. Expose the lies of Islam and the folly of Muslims. You are not the first and you won't be the last.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Oga calm down before start chewing on your keypad. Abeg!

I don't need to pay any owo alubarika to any one because my portion in this life is assured. So, if there is any Cleric or Clerics mouthing that, he is on his own.
Those clerics are Muslims and are your religious leaders

Of course My Beloved did not collect owo alubarika (Baraka meaning blessings) but he said we should give Charity. Whether those Clerics ask or not, a Muslim will always give Charity.
So where do your people collecting such money learn it from

Of course there are Lunatics every where and I have heard the talk about some clerics saying they prayed Fajr in their house, Zuhr and Asr in Mecca lol. They are not any different from someone who claimed he drove an SUV on empty Tank from Benin City to Lagos or that God Almighty came to his house to drink Tea. Looneys everywhere. And I know you must have dozens of those stories at your Business Centers a lot. They are a symptoms of mad people. So, I don't take them serious.
We have hundreds of such stories in your hadith: how muhammad said he flew to Jerusalem on a donkey, how muhammad hallucinated about having sex, how muhammad said that stones were saluting him, how muhammad said that women also ejaculate and that if a woman ejaculates first then the child will resemble her, how muhammad said reciting one yeye thing will prevent dying from poison and he himself ended up being murdered by poisoned food etc

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

The Quran you’re reading today is for the Arabs (people of Mecca and its environs) how does the Quran concern you today, are you an Arab?

It is stated in the Quran that no messenger (Rasool) was sent except in the language of his people. That’s the logic of Islam and Quran.

Muhammad only spoke Arabic and hence, according to that Quranic verse, muhammad was sent only to the Arabs and not the whole world as he couldn’t speak all the languages in the world!

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allāh sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.”
-Quran 14:4

Also, it is stated in the Quran that the Quran was revealed to warn the people of Mecca and those around. Quran was not sent to the whole world, if you’re not an Arab, the Quran wasn’t sent to you.

And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allāh and avoid ṭāghūt." And among them were those whom Allāh guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed [i.e., travel] through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.
-Quran 16:36

Allah said that he sent messengers to every nations. Muhammad was sent in the language of his people and the Quran was sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings, you Nigerian Muslims should go and look for your own messengers that was sent to you!

“And thus We have revealed to you an Arabic Qur’ān that you may warn the Mother of Cities [i.e., Makkah] and those around it and warn of the Day of Assembly, about which there is no doubt. A party will be in Paradise and a party in the Blaze.”
-Quran 42:7

Muslims are always quick to lay claim that another part of the Quran said muhammad was sent to the whole world! If that is true, then it negates what Allah said about the

-Quran being sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings

-Messengers being sent in the language of their people (Muhammad could only speak Arabic)

But Jesus said he was sent to the Lost tribes of Israel.....

He told his disciples not to enter gentiles houses but rather go to the lost of Israel....

ABI those part no dey your own version of God's word ni?

Are you a Jew too?

Small time now, you will be shouting cherry picking, dis one na mango picking abi?
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

Those clerics are Muslims and are your religious leaders

So where do your people collecting such money learn it from

We have hundreds of such stories in your hadith: how muhammad said he flew to Jerusalem on a donkey, how muhammad hallucinated about having sex, how muhammad said that stones were saluting him, how muhammad said that women also ejaculate and that if a woman ejaculates first then the child will resemble her, how muhammad said reciting one yeye thing will prevent dying from poison and he himself ended up being murdered by poisoned food etc

Of course the Clerics are Muslims and Religious Leaders but know you that the Quran and the Hadiths are the standard not them. They are humans and can err. So, if I find anything they do or say contrary to what the Quran says and different from the prophetic traditions, I am free of it and it is not Islamic.

I told you where they get the idea from. And trust me, it is their interpretations. The Quran enjoins on Muslims to be ceaseless in doing charitable works and giving Charity. As you can see, Muslims are spread all over the World, so try and see if such Owo alubarika is collected in Mecca, Tehran, Uzbekistan, Chechen, Muskat, Cairo etc. So, go search the Net...

Do you want me to show you in your Bible The Prophets Night Journey?
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:

But Jesus said he was sent to the Lost tribes of Israel.....
That was his first point of call, because the Bible says that through the Jews the whole world will be blessed!

He told his disciples not to enter gentiles houses but rather go to the lost of Israel....

ABI those part no dey your own version of God's word ni?

Are you a Jew too?

Small time now, you will be shouting cherry picking, dis one na mango picking abi?
I’m not cherry picking, if you humble yourself I will teach you the sense you don’t have. Oya farabale

Jesus instructed his disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world to highlight the fact that he was sent to the whole world and his message is to the whole world. Muhammad on the other hand never made such a declaration

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
-Mark 16:15

Matthew 24:14: ―And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Of course the Clerics are Muslims and Religious Leaders but know you that the Quran and the Hadiths are the standard not them. They are humans and can err. So, if I find anything they do or say contrary to what the Quran says and different from the prophetic traditions, I am free of it and it is not Islamic.

I told you where they get the idea from. And trust me, it is their interpretations. The Quran enjoins on Muslims to be ceaseless in doing charitable works and giving Charity. As you can see, Muslims are spread all over the World, so try and see if such Owo alubarika is collected in Mecca, Tehran, Uzbekistan, Chechen, Muskat, Cairo etc. So, go search the Net...

Do you want me to show you in your Bible The Prophets Night Journey?
I hope you are also aware that a lunatic once said that he split the moon into two, the same lunatic who claimed that he was not given the power of miracles and that only a book of fables and plagiarism and his followers suggestions were his only miracles but same person claimed to have split the moon into two, we wonder what relevance such a stupid miracle is

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by tctrills: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nhemzie17:
Happy Sunday.

cc; nlfpmod
There are churches that don't do this. There are churches that don't even declare a time for donations.
Stop going to places where you would be robbed
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nhemzie17:
Happy Sunday. d
Your churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ since He never commanded them in the first place. These organizations are simply social entertainment clubs that portray their services as though sanctioned by God when in fact God never gave any man license to run any business on earth using His name. So, understand this and realize that much the same way businesses can command their borders, so also the owners of your churches, your pastors and mogs are able to decide for themselves what doctrines and traditions will prevail in their businesses. undecided

Again, your church rituals do not have anything to do with God or His Kingdom. Know this as you continue to submit yourself to the whims of these men who wish to rule over you using the name of God. Also realize that by submitting to these men and their rituals, you distance yourself from God whose explicit command is that you avoid such men and their lies. undecided
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

I hope you are also aware that a lunatic once said that he split the moon into two, the same lunatic who claimed that he was not given the power of miracles and that only a book of fables and plagiarism and his followers suggestions were his only miracles but same person claimed to have split the moon into two, we wonder what relevance such a stupid miracle is

Lol

From the abundance of the heart. ...

Say whatever you feel like, it is your mouth.

They are your words. A day cometh you and I will give accounts for even the idle ones.

To enter God's Paradise, you go work, to enter the other one too, nah work.

Keep them coming...

The Angels are recording.
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

That was his first point of call, because the Bible says that through the Jews the whole world will be blessed!

I’m not cherry picking, if you humble yourself I will teach you the sense you don’t have. Oya farabale

Jesus instructed his disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world to highlight the fact that he was sent to the whole world and his message is to the whole world. Muhammad on the other hand never made such a declaration

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
-Mark 16:15

Matthew 24:14: ―And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come

Humble myself at the feet of a fucktar.d? No, I will pass. You don't even know who you are dealing with.

If your Jesus point of call is the Jews, then leave me out of it. I am not a Jew, don't wish to be one and never will be one.

His Message is to the whole world yet he never stepped out of Judea, his handpicked disciples were all Jews, he never preached to Pilate nor to Herod.

He specifically gave them instructions not to approach any Gentiles, and the Gentile that came his way seeking help, he called "Dogs"

After he left his choose disciples, they were all holed up in Jerusalem and never ventured out. They won't eat with the same Gentiles you claimed your Jesus sent them to until a certain "Apostle" Paul came along ( some Thirteen years after Jesus left) who reprimanded Jesus choosen disciples about eating and mingling with Gentiles.

And you think I can learn from you? Aside your uncouthness there is not Lukuluku69 can learn from you.

If you will leave aside your vitriols, engage me and you experience Bible exegesis like you have never before.
Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Humble myself at the feet of a fucktar.d? No, I will pass. You don't even know who you are dealing with.
The only fucktar.d I know is the lunatic that kept on hallucinating about sex all his life and ended up being killed from poisoned food like a common rat.

If your Jesus point of call is the Jews, then leave me out of it. I am not a Jew, don't wish to be one and never will be one.

His Message is to the whole world yet he never stepped out of Judea, his handpicked disciples were all Jews, he never preached to Pilate nor to Herod.

He specifically gave them instructions not to approach any Gentiles, and the Gentile that came his way seeking help, he called "Dogs"

After he left his choose disciples, they were all holed up in Jerusalem and never ventured out. They won't eat with the same Gentiles you claimed your Jesus sent them to until a certain "Apostle" Paul came along ( some Thirteen years after Jesus left) who reprimanded Jesus choose disciples about eating and mingling with Gentiles.

And you think I can learn from you? Aside your uncouthness there is not Lukuluku69 can learn from you.

If you will leave aside your vitriols, engage me and you experience Bible exegesis like you have never before.
Did Muhammad preach Islam outside Mecca and Medina?

The liar that claim he was sent to the world didn’t step out of the Arab peninsula and didn’t instruct his followers to preach to the world.

If not for forced conversion and killing of apostates that his murderous successors used, that they used to capture your ancestors and that Usmanu Danfodio continued to use to enslave your grandparents and brought them in chains into Islam like muhammad commanded, you won’t have been here defending Islam.

Jesus on the other hands preached to non Jews and he instructed his disciples to preach to the whole world !

Even your Muhammad that was born 600 years after Jesus’ resurrection knew the Christians in the Arab world, one of them was his uncle Waraqa whom Khadija took Muhammad to when he encountered the jinn that pinned him down thrice in the cave of Hira

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Lol

From the abundance of the heart. ...

Say whatever you feel like, it is your mouth.

They are your words. A day cometh you and I will give accounts for even the idle ones.

To enter God's Paradise, you go work, to enter the other one too, nah work.

Keep them coming...

The Angels are recording.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Lukuluku69(m): 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

The only fucktar.d I know is the lunatic that kept on hallucinating about sex all his life and ended up being killed from poisoned food like a common rat.

Did Muhammad preach Islam outside Mecca and Medina?

The liar that claim he was sent to the world didn’t step out of the Arab peninsula and didn’t instruct his followers to preach to the world.

If not for forced conversion and killing of apostates that his murderous successors used, that they used to capture your ancestors and that Usmanu Danfodio continued to use to enslave your grandparents and brought them in chains into Islam like muhammad commanded, you won’t have been here defending Islam.

Jesus on the other hands preached to non Jews and he instructed his disciples to preach to the whole world !

Even your Muhammad that was born 600 years after Jesus’ resurrection knew the Christians in the Arab world, one of them was his uncle Waraqa whom Khadija took Muhammad to when he encountered the jinn that pinned him down thrice in the cave of Hira

Since I signed up on Nairaland, I have never encountered a truly knowledgeable Christian. Not even one!

Prophet Muhammad sent Emissaries to the Persian King, he sent to the Byzantine Emperor for them to embrace Islam. So, despite all you have been reading about Islam, you never came across that piece of information? O ma se o. You must surely have seen it but as usual nah Mango picking excercise you dey do. The only known encounter of Jesus with any ruler of a Land was when he was slapped around and taken to Pilate and then Herod.

Please show me from the Gospel Jesus encounter with Non-Jews. Please quote the relevant Chapters and verses for Nairaland to see it.

Lol. So the Yorubas were forcefully converted? Really really? I never knew o.

So you know about Waraqa? Doubly interesting! The funny thing is, Waraqa with the effusion of the Holy Spirit could not convert the Pagan Meccans but the Son of Amina did in a little over 23years and erased all traces of idolatry in Arabia till date!

This singular achievement wowed Prophet Jeremiah and was also talked about by Prophet Isaiah.

Wherefore I will yet plead with you, saith the Lord, and with your children's children will I plead.
For pass over the isles of Kittim, and see; and send unto Kedar, and consider diligently, and see if there be such a thing.
Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.
Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the Lord.
For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.
-- Jeremiah 2:9-13
KJV Holy Bible

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

How will you gather?
Where to gather?
Rules and regulations!

The gathering is to preach and teach about the Kingdom of God which will bring total peace on planet earth {Matthew 10:7} and the world must testify to the possibility as they witness LOVE JOY and PEACE permeating our gathering {Matthew 5:14-16} not like your own religion where you will greet saying SALAM (PEACE) yet you can join gangs under politicians to kill your fellow Muslim with who you exchanged the peace greeting! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by advocatejare(m): 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Since I signed up on Nairaland, I have never encountered a truly knowledgeable Christian. Not even one!
The day a fool recognizes a wiseman is the day the fool will be healed of his folly.

So I understand your plight. Even your Quran knows that wisdom is far from you people and that is why you are commanded to seek clarification and knowledge from us in Quran 10:94 and Quran 16:43

“So if you are in doubt, [O Muḥammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.”
-Quran 10:94

“ And We sent not before you except men to whom We revealed [Our message]. So ask the people of the message [i.e., former scriptures] if you do not know.”
-Quran 16:43

As you can see, even your Quran knows that only us can teach you wisdom and sense but because you’re still in your folly you can’t know now, I just pray that you won’t die in your folly.

Prophet Muhammad sent Emissaries to the Persian King, he sent to the Byzantine Emperor for them to embrace Islam. So, despite all you have been reading about Islam, you never came across that piece of information? O ma se o. You must surely have seen it but as usual nah Mango picking excercise you dey do. The only known encounter of Jesus with any ruler of a Land was when he was slapped around and taken to Pilate and then Herod.
Muhammad that claimed that he was sent to the whole world could not fulfill his mission of going to the Byzantine emperor by himself but had to send emissaries to them what was the content of the letter he sent? Was he able to prove himself to be a true prophet? How did he preach his message in that letter?.

Imagine your sense. The same muhammad that personally delivered his message to the people of Mecca and when they rejected him waged war against them and became a highway armed robber hijacking their caravans with his group of highway bandits

Please show me from the Gospel Jesus encounter with Non-Jews. Please quote the relevant Chapters and verses for Nairaland to see it.

Matthew 8:5-12 Jesus healed the servant of a Roman Centurion
Commander of a band of 100 foreign soldiers quartered at Capernaum to keep the peace, this Roman leader was despised by the Jews who resented this “army of occupation.” Conscious of his own authority as a military man, he humbly assured Jesus that it would not be necessary for Him to go to his house to heal his servant (and thus render Himself unclean — because He was a Jewish man — by entering a Gentile home). “But only say the word, and my servant will be healed,” he declared with genuine faith (Matthew 8:8, ESV). 

Jesus turned and announced to the Jewish crowd which was following Him: “Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith” (Matthew 8:10, ESV). He did not stop there but continued with this solemn prediction: “I tell you, many such foreigners shall come from the east and the west to join Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But many others who thought they were ‘sons of the kingdom’ (the chosen people of Israel) shall be shut out” (Matthew 8: 11-12).

Lol. So the Yorubas were forcefully converted? Really really? I never knew o.
There are many things you don’t know,
You have a lot to learn dude!

So you know about Waraqa? Doubly interesting! The funny thing is, Waraqa with the effusion of the Holy Spirit could not convert the Pagan Meccans but the Son of Amina did in a little over 23years and erased all traces of idolatry in Arabia till date!
Waraqa obviously didn’t have the Holy Spirit, if he did he wouldn’t have confused the demon that pinned muhammad down three times in the cave to be Gabriel because angels of God don’t oppress the people they are sent to, only demons do that.

If Waraqa had the Holy Spirit, he wouldn’t have claimed that the same Gabriel that appeared to Moses was the one that appeared to Muhammad because there was no Jewish text that said that Gabriel ever appeared to Moses!

Muhammad used force to convert the meccans, he killed and maimed them and stole their caravans and at the end, he forced his Tribal idol, Allah on them.

His pagan grandfather Abdulmuttalib had been serving idol Allah even before Muhammad was bowl and that was he named his son after his idol: Abdul-Allah (Abdullah)

This singular achievement wowed Prophet Jeremiah and was also talked about by Prophet Isaiah.

Wherefore I will yet plead with you, saith the Lord, and with your children's children will I plead.
For pass over the isles of Kittim, and see; and send unto Kedar, and consider diligently, and see if there be such a thing.
Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.
Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the Lord.
For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.
-- Jeremiah 2:9-13
KJV Holy Bible

Wrong quote of the scripture

The word translated as “Lord” in what you posted above is Yahweh, the only true God that Jeremiah and all the Israel knew and worshipped not the demonic, pagan god that Muhammad gave you called Allah!

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For A Church To Do This? by Blue86(m): 2:43am On Dec 05, 2022
Do not forsake the assembly of the brethren. Avoid the assembly of the wolves, and attend the ones of the sheep and love.

Everything done will be judged.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recommend Reforms To The World Religions / Is it a sin for a christian to smoke? / God Created Some Other People Apart From Adam And Eve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.