Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi (2078 Views)

Tinubu Handlers Should Stop Him From Reciting Quranic Verses - Jaafar / If Almajiri Can Master Quaran, It Means They're Very Intelligent - Peter Obi / Boko Haram Gave 15-min Quranic Lecture To Kuje Inmates Before Setting Them Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by bookson(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
Labour Party’s presidential candidate Peter Obi has said he would exploit the quranic proficiency of northern Nigerian schoolchildren to give them a career pathway built on skills.
At a televised dialogue underway on Arise TV, Mr Obi said northern children’s ability to master the Islamic holy book indicated they would be able to master skills to hike out of poverty.

“If they can learn Quran, it means they are intelligent,” Mr Obi, a former governor of Anambra, said as part of a broad response on tackling education. “I will meet them where they are learning Quran” and let them know they can have skills.

“What we need to do, other than increased investment in education, is also to have increased inspection across state and local government,” Mr Obi said.

Education in northern Nigeria has lagged behind the rest of the country for decades, with a substantial majority of the country’s out-of-school children being from the region, per UNICEF estimates.

Mr Obi has repeatedly suggested that education in Nigeria could play a major role in piloting the country out of endemic poverty and deprivation. If elected at the upcoming presidential election, he said he would earmark 10 percent of federal budgetary provisions to education, a feat never before achieved in the country’s 62 years of self-government.

Source: https://gazettengr.com/quranic-proficiency-suggests-northern-kids-are-intelligent-can-learn-skills-peter-obi/?utm_source=break.ma&utm_medium=break.ma&utm_campaign=quranic-proficiency-suggests-northern-kids-are-intelligent-can-learn-skills-peter-obi

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by PresidObi: 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
I agree. There are very intelligent people from every region.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
bookson:
Labour Party’s presidential candidate Peter Obi has said he would exploit the quranic proficiency of northern Nigerian schoolchildren to give them a career pathway built on skills.
At a televised dialogue underway on Arise TV, Mr Obi said northern children’s ability to master the Islamic holy book indicated they would be able to master skills to hike out of poverty.

“If they can learn Quran, it means they are intelligent,” Mr Obi, a former governor of Anambra, said as part of a broad response on tackling education. “I will meet them where they are learning Quran” and let them know they can have skills.

“What we need to do, other than increased investment in education, is also to have increased inspection across state and local government,” Mr Obi said.

Education in northern Nigeria has lagged behind the rest of the country for decades, with a substantial majority of the country’s out-of-school children being from the region, per UNICEF estimates.

Mr Obi has repeatedly suggested that education in Nigeria could play a major role in piloting the country out of endemic poverty and deprivation. If elected at the upcoming presidential election, he said he would earmark 10 percent of federal budgetary provisions to education, a feat never before achieved in the country’s 62 years of self-government.

Source: https://gazettengr.com/quranic-proficiency-suggests-northern-kids-are-intelligent-can-learn-skills-peter-obi/?utm_source=break.ma&utm_medium=break.ma&utm_campaign=quranic-proficiency-suggests-northern-kids-are-intelligent-can-learn-skills-peter-obi
Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by NigeriaIsGreat: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
Wetin happen to 2 million match biko?

1k don finish to share for campaign ni?

Wahala for we no dey give shi shi but we dey share bread grin grin

Hahahahaha

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by toneroforever(m): 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
The man wey Sabi. The man that has the well being of the down trodden at heart.
Unlike the regular Nigerian politician that would rather exploit their misfortune & turn them to tools for electioneering purposes.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by StrongandMighty: 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2022
Excellent!

12 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
If they can master the Quran it means they are intelligent! Can you believe this coming out of a presidential candidate?
Quran or no Quran what makes you think they are different from their counterparts from anywhere in the world?
Do you think intelligence is shared geographically?
This candidate is too slow for my liking.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by Greatkenny2: 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
You’re heavily foolish and disgusting if you can’t see the correlation

10 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by Greatkenny2: 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:
If they can master the Quran it means they are intelligent! Can you believe this coming out of a presidential candidate?
Quran or no Quran what makes you think they are different from their counters from anywhere in the world?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
Greatkenny2:

What is the correlation? Why must their ability to learn the Quran even come up. Isn't it a common knowledge by now that the reason the north is lagging behind is because of lack of adequate funding for education?
Why must their ability to learn even come up?
Obi is too dumb.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ImDStar: 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
Do you know the problem with people like you, you are the most affected by bad governance, but you arrogantly and proudly continue to wallow in suffering while you support those who put you in such condition.

Peter Obi won't stop been a billionaire even if he loses, but you will still be begging for WiFi to come online and be backing your oppressors.

NigeriaIsGreat:
Wetin happen to 2 million match biko?

1k don finish to share for campaign ni?

Wahala for we no dey give shi shi but we dey share bread grin grin

Hahahahaha

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by StrongandMighty: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:
Quran or no Quran what makes you think they are different from their counters from anywhere in the world?
Your foolishness dey famz me I swear!
So you don't know it takes a whole lot of intelligence to cram or master a book as big as the Quran?
Your fellow urchins will be ashamed of you!

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
StrongandMighty:

Your foolishness dey famz me I swear!
So you don't know it takes a whole lot of intelligence to cram or master a book as big as the Quran?

Why is this surprising to low IQ folks like you? Are kids from other places unable to memorize texts?

1 Like

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by harqinhola(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
MERE POLITICAL MANIPULATING STATEMENT TO WOO NORTHERN MUSLIMS , I'M NOT SURE THEY ARE THAT DUMB EXCEPT THEY PROOF ME WRONG .

1 Like

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by Plus10(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:
See how hatred and bitterness have clog your sense of reasoning tueh

16 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
Plus10:

See how hatred and bitterness have clog your sense of reasoning tueh

You and your candidate are not very smart at all.

2 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by StrongandMighty: 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:

Why is this surprising to low IQ folks like you? Are kids from other places unable to memorize texts?
God forbid that I should argue with you! Your daftness stinks!
Tufiakwa!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by Plus10(m): 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:

You are your candidate are not very smart at all.
Even your English is ashamed of you,epa!

7 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by MasterJayJay: 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:
Quran or no Quran what makes you think they are different from their counterparts from anywhere in the world?

Some of you Babablu Bluublu bulabu supporters don't know when to stop. You just embarrassed yourself.

Here is a study that suggests that recitation, memorization can improve IQ.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9470760/

Results: The findings revealed that listening to, reciting or memorizing the Quran had a favorable effect on depression, anxiety, physiologic parameters, quality of life, quality of sleep and intelligence quotient.

Learn to hush next time. This is not Babablu Bluublu bulabu discussion.

4 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
Plus10:

Even English your is ashamed of you,epa!

Low IQ IPOB, how would you know a genuine mistake from an auto correction one?
Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by SWATMan: 10:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:

You jump into any thread where Obi's name is mentioned to comment by pretending to sound intelligent but end up showing that you lack content. Your intellectually dumb posts are mostly ethno-emotionally pedaled for any discerning mind to notice. Please focus on laundering the image of your mentor instead of posting senseless comments on PO's issues.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by SWATMan: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
harqinhola:
MERE POLITICAL MANIPULATING STATEMENT TO WOO NORTHERN MUSLIMS , I'M NOT SURE THEY ARE THAT DUMB EXCEPT THEY PROOF ME WRONG .

You are right and that's politics for you. cheesy
Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2022
SWATMan:

You jump into any thread where Obi's name is mentioned to comment by pretending to sound intelligent but end up showing that you lack content. Your intellectually dumb posts are mostly ethno-emotionally pedaled for any discerning mind to notice. Please focus on laundering the image of your mentor instead of posting senseless comments on PO's issues.

Obi is running to become the president of Nigeria and I am a Nigerian. I have every right to jump on any thread where Obi's name is mentioned. If he doesn't like it he can withdraw from the race. If I mention his name afterwards then you can accuse me of anything you want.
Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by stuffs2002: 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:

He just insulted the North

2 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
stuffs2002:

He just insulted the North

It is an insult, think about it. It is a dumb thing to say. By the way, there are academics from the north and some of them studied the Quran at some point.

1 Like

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by stuffs2002: 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2022
bookson:

Obi seems the one not intelligent here.
Obi has just insulted the North with his comments

Any child can master the Qur'an. Muslims all over the world read and master the Qur'an

2 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by Greatkenny2: 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:

What is the correlation? Why must their ability to learn the Quran even come up. Isn't it a common knowledge by now that the reason the north is lagging behind is because of lack of adequate funding for education?
Obi is too dumb.
Imbecilee, lack of education in the north has little or nothing to do with funding… it’s about willingness, value, commitment… if they can learn the Quran they can learn a skill comfortably… they should prioritize basic education and not Islamic schools…Jonathan built and funded some schools in the north, go to the schools today they’re all closed and poorly maintained….

3 Likes

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2022
StrongandMighty:

Tufiakwa!

Zombidient, don't run away. Let us talk about this condescending insult Obi just delivered to northerners.
Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by slivertongue: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
Obi has repeatedly suggested that education in Nigeria could play a major role in piloting the country out of endemic poverty and deprivation. If elected at the upcoming presidential election, he said he would earmark 10 percent of federal budgetary provisions to education, a feat never before achieved in the country’s 62 years of self-government.

1 Like

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by ElSudani: 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
Greatkenny2:

Imbecilee, lack of education in the north has little or nothing to do with funding… it’s about willingness, value, commitment… if they can learn the Quran they can learn a skill comfortably… they should prioritize basic education and not Islamic schools…Jonathan built and funded some schools in the north, go to the schools today they’re all closed and poorly maintained….

And nothing about their ability to learn. Zombidient, we are saying the same thing except that your candidate have to look at their ability to learn the Quran to know that northern kids are just as intelligent as any other on the planet!
Your candidate is annoyingly dumb.

1 Like

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by slivertongue: 11:05pm On Dec 04, 2022
StrongandMighty:

Tufiakwa!

Their strategy is to attack everything he says but we have gone beyond there gimmicks. we understand him it is left for us to queue behind his thought pattern.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi by 00FFT00(m): 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
ElSudani:

Obi is too dumb.

No, the only dumb person I see here is you. You're either too dumb to understand the context of what Mr. Obi said, or you're being deliberately mischievous. And, the north is not educationally backward because of funds' paucity. The north has stolen any and everything that is not bolted down in Nigeria today.

They are backward because they bucked the education tide. Even Saudi Arabia is doing everything to latch on to western education, while your backward-thinking imams think the world's knowledge fits on a single slate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Refuses Obi’s Request To Stop INEC From Reconfiguring BVAS / Judiciary Will Set Nigeria Ablaze: Lawyer Fumes At Judges Absence From Suit. / Just 3 weeks as Sudanese Vice President - Who killed John Garang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.