Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published (38904 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Speech At Chattam House Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by bepositive11: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2022
AcuraZDX:
BREAKING: Arise TV fact checkers has published their findings from the Arise TV Town Hall series of tonight and as usual, HE Peter Obi is all clear!

Obi is nobody's mate

Lol. You people won't post the fact he got wrong https://allafrica.com/stories/202212050168.html
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by sircatherine45(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2022
occfx:

The Bulaba man must be somewhere in Cheltenham rapping and dishing out more gaffes and his urchins hailing him. After the rap na to enter London hospital go recharge.

why are you wicked?
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by sircatherine45(m): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, business is a risk as taught in our basic Economics. If the economy is crippled by those in government, is it the fault of Obi. Soludo said, the investment worth nothing, but the same investment that is employing over 10,000 Anambrans. Should those employed be taken back to labour market because the investment worth nothing. Thankfully, the investment wasn't done 10 years ago, it is the responsibility of a seating governor to monitor the progress of the government investment to know the needful thing to do, whether to terminate the investment or invest more.
Also, every sane person know that every enterprise now face economy downturn and everyone of them are now having issue because of the bad economy environment created by the present government. Even the petty businesses are having it rough to make returns.
see how you school that m0r0n
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by beliazars: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2022
All this figures obi is quoting are already on the net, nothing is new. If you Google them you will see it yourselves. Stop deceiving us.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by franudi: 8:37am On Dec 05, 2022
We will never miss this golden opportunity of having Mr. Peter Obi as president of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by bepositive11: 8:37am On Dec 05, 2022
madapcmod:
The Barrack Obama of our time

Imagine Obi during FEC and budgetary presentation, and his Minister of finance try to deceive him with non existent figures. Na instant rebuke and correction with FACTS!

God Abeg oooooo

May we not foolishly miss this opportunity

Don't insult Barack Obama. Peter Obi is Peter Obi. Two different people.

All Peter Obi knows how to do is to talk about statistics and what other countries are doing.

Barack Obama focused on the issues America faced and the solutions that would work for America. He never wasted time with irrelevant statistics.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by puzzlegate(m): 8:38am On Dec 05, 2022
yemex04:

But the statistics showed poverty grew under him in Anambra to 53% as at when he was leaving as Governor.. He hasn't denied that.
The way they lie and attack obi is making people to follow this obi. He is now the man to beat. Apc and pdp are now United. Pdapc United !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by puzzlegate(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2022
franudi:
Why is everybody after Peter Obi?
no longer 4 people tweeting in a room. He has become a tornado !

2 Likes

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Tareq1105: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2022
Collinsaik:
Nigeria its about time we ditch ethnic and religous sentiments and vote for a competent leader who is WILLING and ABLE to tackle the numerous challenges bedeviling our dear country so that we may all live in peace and harmony and that person is no other but Peter obi. yes, it is POssible!

I guess the same way he tackled the numerous challenges bedeviling Anambra State to the extent that they now live in peace and harmony but chose to live in exile in Ikoyi.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by DeOTR: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2022
Eriggs:
Is it not a shame to be verifying each and every word of a presidential candidate?
This is what lying can do to one's life.
Foolish obi and his terrorist supporters, shame on you all.
It's pathetic really. As in, we'll have to verify the every word that comes out of his mouth, even if it's common knowledge.
This stats they're posting up and down are common knowledge. Something they teach in secondary schools, they had to verify because Obi mentioned it, just in case he's lying as usual.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by 27Pushing30: 8:57am On Dec 05, 2022
puzzlegate:
Going by your lame assumption, there is therefore no point going to school since every information taught in the school are already there in the Library. Does this make sense to you ? If it's in the books, is it also there in the brain ?. It's like you are Apc. They hardly think clean !

Actually I think you need to go to school cos you have comprehension issues...

In both the analogue and digital ages, any information about different fields of endeavor you want is in a book or now online... school via its teachers teach you how to understand and apply these information.

Now there are people who do not go to school but are home schooled by their parents. There are those who never went to school at all but are better money managers and more investment savvy than even bankers and other finance coy employees.

Like I stated earlier, you're prolly an illiterate who is easily moved by words not reality... quoting useless statistics that only ignorant people care bout.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by mabea: 8:57am On Dec 05, 2022
Willy7:
And yet some homo sapient will dedicate their miserable lives to insult, mock and denigrate such a gift in human form. I may not know if Peter Obi did excellently well as a governor, but one thing I can say is that he has gotten pretty better over the years and as far as this election season is concerned, he is far above other contenders. Nobody match him. Truely, the votes Tinubu will get in this election will determine how many stupid and mad people we have in this country.
He actually did very well as governor. Don't mind what the opposition is saying.

2 Likes

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by ibechris(m): 8:58am On Dec 05, 2022
One yoruba guy in my office said Nigeria is not ripe for these kind of statistics and I said,when shall we be matured to reel out such statistics?

is it not clear to all that we have been governed by educated illiterates in the past?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by DeOTR: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2022
kingsways:
Go and verify

Those wey no know anything go just siddon somewhere say him tu lie; meanwhile they want to be president but they do not have statistics of their own on anything.
I don't know about you, but everything up there is a common knowledge everyone that pass through the walls of an higher institution of learning should know.
Life expectancy and education as one of the indices to measure poverty are even some of the things they teach in secondary schools.
If I want to disgrace Obi, I'll attend the Townhall meeting and ask him a highly technical question. Let me see how he'll be able to answer it. Shey he dey form economist?
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by 27Pushing30: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, business is a risk as taught in our basic Economics. If the economy is crippled by those in government, is it the fault of Obi. Soludo said, the investment worth nothing, but the same investment that is employing over 10,000 Anambrans. Should those employed be taken back to labour market because the investment worth nothing. Thankfully, the investment wasn't done 10 years ago, it is the responsibility of a seating governor to monitor the progress of the government investment to know the needful thing to do, whether to terminate the investment or invest more.
Also, every sane person know that every enterprise now face economy downturn and everyone of them are now having issue because of the bad economy environment created by the present government. Even the petty businesses are having it rough to make returns.

As at 2021 Nigeria's biggest brewery - Nigerian Brewery's had a total staff strength of 2740 staffs so please explain how 10,000 anambrarians are employed by that brewery.

Also you're quite illiterate because the usual sale of shares is based on ROI... so if its ROI then do you accept a loss or do you just go ahead and keep the stock while waiting for when it rebounds so you can dump it?

Just so you know... Governments do not invest in companies except critical assests like Refineries, Roads (Tolls), Power, Water, Transportation etc.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by 27Pushing30: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2022
Willy7:
educated illiterate with an olodo principal, since it's easy and readily available on the internet, why is your bulaba running from the media and debates? So you think researches are easy abi? So much for the educated illiterate you are. No wonder you support a dullard that says na statistics we go chop. Why not easily source it and give to your bulaba? Or you don't know that economy revolves around statistics? Please we don't want another olodo after the one we are presently enduring now. We need a sound mind. You better retrace your step now and be counted. Ode

Illiterate... person dey secure him voters you dey there dey cry salty tears
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by CEwog91(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2022
beliazars:
All this figures obi is quoting are already on the net, nothing is new. If you Google them you will see it yourselves. Stop deceiving us.
lolz,ur candidate can't even arrive at that until obi does. Now u know it on the internet. It's not easy to research, his brainee not like other candidates who has nothing to offer except to loot the country dry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by mrsfavour(f): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2022
madapcmod:

Imagine Obi during FEC and budgetary presentation, and his Minister of finance try to deceive him with non existent figures. Na instant rebuke and correction with FACTS!

God Abeg oooooo by the grace of God we will have him

1 Like

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by azpekuliar: 9:20am On Dec 05, 2022
onez:
God bless incoming president Peter Obi. One agbado who claimed to be an accountant said data is not important in this age and time.

Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by rollywise(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2022
They'll not listen. They'll not heed. They still prefer a man that can't get his words together. People wey suffer no dey taya

1 Like

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by madapcmod: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2022
bepositive11:

Don't insult Barack Obama. Peter Obi is Peter Obi. Two different people.

All Peter Obi knows how to do is to talk about statistics and what other countries are doing.

Barack Obama focused on the issues America faced and the solutions that would work for America. He never wasted time with irrelevant statistics.

How can you focus on issues without data and statistics? Issue based campaign is anchored on statistical data.

When APC blame the 16yrs of PDP for their failure, how did they arrive at that?

I'm sure you are supporting the candidate that cannot address the country he wants to rule

If Thiefnnubu cannot understand basic economy indices like GDP, HDI etc, how then can he access his progress or failure?

You want another auto pilot govt like Buhari's where we don't know where we are headed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Munzy14(m): 9:26am On Dec 05, 2022
The bar is high.

I enjoy the fact that the ruling party is being matched fire for fire, money for money and Petty for petty.. cheesy

In addition to there monumental failed 7yrs plus..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Snowx: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2022
No human being will vote APC...tell me y people will vote fir BAT if not fir temporal gain.

It is visible to the eyes that PO is coming 2023..the world is watching

2 Likes

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Phantom233: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2022
Unfortunately the octogenarian druggie feels that having strong mental acumen is not better than corn..."na statistics we go chop"

1 Like

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by fasho01(m): 9:41am On Dec 05, 2022
We honestly deserve the leaders we get in this country.. If this is what is being celebrated and hailed as presidential then I completely give up.. What a criteria!

No wonder motivational speakers with no calling nor anointing make good pastors in Nigeria
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Mccullum: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2022
I'm voting Tinubu, thanks.

That's the man I believed in his administrative skills.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by benqo01(m): 9:51am On Dec 05, 2022
Credibility lies in his blood
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Allisgud: 9:59am On Dec 05, 2022
All this I don't know before,now I know. apart from being a good presidential material,obi is a good teacher who u learn new things from everytime u watch him speak,if obi become president he will be a person like Obama every world leader will stood still to watch him speak
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Allisgud: 10:03am On Dec 05, 2022
madapcmod:

God Abeg oooooo,

no be lie o,u are very correct,abeg nigeria need sound mind to govern us,no be all this agbada babariga wearing clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Allisgud: 10:08am On Dec 05, 2022
This fact checkers where never in existence before,until peter obi come up with that slogan go and verify,obi is my president abeg
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by izubext007: 10:08am On Dec 05, 2022
Why I like Peter obi is that , his claim is always verifiable.
Re: AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published by Ewedegubbler: 10:17am On Dec 05, 2022
can these fact checkers also verify the meaning of Baba blu blue blue bulaaba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out / FG Threatens To Open Border For Cement Importation / Buhari Receives Indicting Documents On Ex-ministers, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.