Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

How To Upgrade Blackberry Os - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Upgrade Blackberry Os (15137 Views)

Blackberry OS 10.3.1 Cool New Features Plus Blackberry OS 10.3.1.938 Autoloader / Blackberry Os 7.1 Mobile Hotspot Does It Work On Mtn N3000 Bis / How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by realisticm: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2011
i just bought a blackberry 9300 and i would like to upgrade the os to 0s 6, can some help me on how to do it?
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by abohrandy: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
-make sure you have blackberry desktop manager (the latest if possible)
-u can download the os from RIM website!!
-install it on ur system like every other program!!
-plug your fone on ur pc
-this is the tricky part. there is a file that you have to delete so that your desktop manager will not have to go online to look for the os n start downloading it (kind of online upgrade which NEPA will not allow.) i will check on the file n let you know.
-and once the desktop manager detects the new os on the pc it will start installing almost immediately!!!
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by realisticm: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
Bruf thanks so much, you will always succeed in all your endeavors, please let me know as soon as you find out the file, its true NEPA will not allow online upgrade lol. thanks
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by abohrandy: 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
okay here is the complete thing!!!!

Offline Upgrade

You need some software related. I usually use BlackBerry Desktop Software, BBHybrids Tool, and BlackBerry OS (Operating System).

Download links

-BlackBerry Desktop Software (use the latest)http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp
-BBHybrids Toolhttp://vmancer.com/shrink-a-os-blackberry-os-bbhybrids-tool/
-BlackBerry OShttp://www.vodafone.de/business/blackberry-support/blackberry-curve-9300.html (BlackBerry Device Software).

Step by step

-Install the BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry OS (BlackBerry Device Software).
-In directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9300AllLang_v6.0.0.448_P6.6.0.124\Java, delete file vendor.xml. The directory is hidden by default. You have to bring it through Folder Options (first image below).
-Run BBHybrids Tool and do Wipe Device, then close the software (second image below).
-Run BlackBerry Desktop Software then will be detected there is no OS on your BlackBerry. It would offer to do the OS installation process (first right image below).

Process will run automatically like on online update process. Allowed if there is request to create backup (backup should be made prior to this process).

Note:
-Consider whether to upgrade your BlackBerry OS. Maybe you did not get improved performance, but on the contrary.
-This article based on my experience, may vary from that written on a blog or another website. I was confused because it differs from the article ever read.
-I am not the expert on this, maybe I forgot to write one or two steps.
-Do not ever interrupt the upgrade process because it can damage the hardware. Damage can also occur due to unintentional, such as power failure, lost internet connection, and others.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Andrew3(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
after installing the os 6.0, go to c:\programme files\common files\research in motion\apploader

there is a file in the apploader folder called vendor.xml just delete it thats all
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Andrew3(m): 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2011
its is not a must that you must install DM (desttop manager) if u have slow connection, download only blackberry usb drivers here and install

http://gsmvn-support.com/index.php?dir=Blackberry/&file=BlackBerry%20USB%20driver_4.1.0.2.exe

download the 9300 firmware and install then delete the vendor file, then in the apploader folder where you deleted

the vendor file, lauch the apploader there and your update has started, follow step by step guide and remember to tick backup all dvice data if you dont wanna loose any shit from ur phone.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Andrew3(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
sorry for multiple post i cannot edit always thread is locked

here is your os 6

http://www.4shared.com/file/cCFKN66F/9300M_PBr600_rel2554_PL660216_.htm
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Lexusgs430: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
Andrew, you always seem to have the assumption that everybody is a techie !!!
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
plz andrew. . . I nid a download link for d latest version o.s v5 for storm1. Tnx man.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Andrew3(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2011
Imanuelle:

plz andrew. . . I nid a download link for d latest version o.s v5 for storm1. Tnx man.
http://software.a1.net/bb/RIM/9500_5.0.0.451.exe
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2011
THANKS A MILLION MR ANDREW, I REALLY DO APPRECIATE,
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by cardoso111(m): 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
Andrew,how can i upgade my bb 8520? cieba777@yahoo.com
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Andrew3(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2011
cardoso111:

Andrew,how can i upgade my bb 8520? cieba777@yahoo.com
follow the same guide i posted up there, here is your last os
http://software.a1.net/bb/RIM/8520_5.0.0.1036.exe
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2011
mr andrew, pls my phone didnt connect to the bb desktop manager, it connects to charge or transfer music, but the desktop manager did not detect it.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by realisticm: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thanks to everybody that has contributed to this thread, please before i commence on the upgrading i will like to let you know that my phone is not vodafone, its O2 i hope it doesn't matter?
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by Lexusgs430: 12:04am On Sep 02, 2011
Imanuelle:

mr andrew, pls my phone didnt connect to the bb desktop manager, it connects to charge or transfer music, but the desktop manager did not detect it.

That is because your usb cable is not data enabled. Get an original usb cable, then effect upgrade.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by zap2(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2011
hello peops, can bb 8520 v4.6 os be upgraded to os5? i was just wondering if the possibility. ur responses are welcomed. thanx
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by donaemeka(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2011
pls who knows whr i can download the latest OS 6 for bold 9700?
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by automech: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2011
zap2:

hello peops, can bb 8520 v4.6 os be upgraded to os5? i was just wondering if the possibility. your responses are welcomed. thanx
Yeah, its upgradable.
Cheers!
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by automech: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2011
donaemeka:

pls who knows whr i can download the latest OS 6 for bold 9700?
Google it, or visit bb website.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by claycares: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
Hello Andrew, pls is there anyway I could upgrade 9630 Tour to os6. I really like the interface and I just like the Tour. Thanks man.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by maximale: 9:37pm On May 14, 2013
I came across this detailed step-by-step guide on How to downgrade , upgrade or update a Blackberry Operating System (OS) to a prefered version .It explains the two methods and i found it very easy to follow and helpful when i updated my Blackberry's OS.
Re: How To Upgrade Blackberry Os by legitd: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2016
Which of the blackberry desktop manager version can I use to be able to browse with my blacberry Culv4? Can some tell me cos have tried the 7.1 version and it doesint work

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 / US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit / HELP!! My Airtel Social Bundle Cannot Open Facebook, Google And Gmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.