Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. (6648 Views)

‘how I Was Tricked Into Prostitution In Libya’ / Smugglers Caught By Customs Officers In Oyo State Recently (Photos) / London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by justwise(m): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2011
We’d barely got through the imposing entrance to Khamis army base in southern Tripoli when all hell broke loose.

Suddenly armed anti-Gaddafi fighters appeared, shoving and hitting nine black men into the guard post at the main gate, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

They plainly believed they were pro-Gaddafi mercenaries. There was no evidence at hand. They said they had seized guns but couldn’t produce them.

The men were clearly terrified.

“Please,” they begged us, “please don’t go. Don’t leave us. They will kill us.”

Another just asked me: “Will they shoot us? Please tell me Sir. Will they shoot us?”

Herded into a corner, a gunman started slapping them. We asked him to stop.

“They are with Gaddafi. We know this. They had guns.”

“Show me the guns,” I said.

No guns arrived. Some of the men crossed themselves, sweating, praying. One began weeping softly, . . .

Plainly we had to stay with them. A friend of mine here – another journalist – says he witnessed an anti-Gaddafi fighter executing one of the colonel’s men this week. We had to stay.

They said their women were “in the bush” close by. So we asked the fighters to take one of these terrified men as a guide, film the women as proof these men were not mercenaries, show it to the fighters and – insh’allah – god willing – we could all get on with life.

Somehow it worked. You could see the fighters’ interest in these men begin to ebb away.

Water arrived – though in truth most of it was ours. They were allowed out to cool under a water- sprinkler.

“Thankyou habibi,” (friend) they said to one of the fighters. He in turn kissed their heads.

Yet the fear was still there. All nine sensed a trap, a false kiss before the bullet out of sight from prying journalists.

“Please, please stay,” they kept whispering.

And things calmed further. They were allowed to speak to us. Then give interviews.

All nine were Nigerian. Most were heading for the people-traffickers to try to get to Europe – Italy they said. Two claimed to be car mechanics and working here for several years and they

http://blogs.channel4.com/world-news-blog/caught-up-in-somebody-elses-war/18046
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by tpia5: 6:00am On Aug 29, 2011
i guess returning home is simply not an option for so many people.

and lord knows what's going on in that place.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2011
Libyan rebels are the worst war criminals ever. They kill black africans they come into contact with during their rampage of the country and call them mercenaries.

So many Nigerians and other Black Africans unable to evacuate have really suffered torture and death at the hands of these Nato backed Rebels. We are waiting to see exactly wat good comes out of this White-man escapade for windfall mineral resources profit undecided.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2011
Bini boys !
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by justwise(m): 11:00am On Aug 29, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Libyan rebels are the worst war criminals ever. They kill black africans they come into contact with during their rampage of the country and call them mercenaries.

So many Nigerians and other Black Africans unable to evacuate have really suffered torture and death at the hands of these Nato backed Rebels. We are waiting to see exactly wat good comes out of this White-man escapade for windfall mineral resources profit undecided.   

You are also enjoying the mineral profit from Libya, the White-Man use the oil money to invest in the UK as well.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by islamrules(m): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2011
Rubbish!
Boko haram called on ghadaffi to come to Nigeria that they are ready to die for him.

His commandos and guerallas are black men hired to kill demonstrators. I even saw a footage of a black guy firing machine gun at the crowd of unharmed demonstrator.

Ghadaffi is evil. Oil or no oil. Libya has fallen! Final
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by okeyxyz(m): 11:17am On Aug 29, 2011
islamrules:

His commandos and guerallas are black men hired to kill demonstrators. I even saw a footage of a black guy firing machine gun at the crowd of unharmed demonstrator.

And how do u know the ones u saw shooting are not black indigenous Libyans? surely u must know that there are black libyans too?
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by brixton: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2011
so true

~Bluetooth:

Bini boys !
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by babaowo: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2011
wtf?
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2011
@ islamrules,
I even saw a footage of a black guy firing machine gun at the crowd of unharmed demonstrator.

You are the greatest liar ever vomited from the pits of hell. Where did you see that video of anyone shooting machine guns at a crowd. Do you know the value of such video to the propaganda machinery of NATO and yet they did not see it but only you.Liar!!!
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by cap28: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
this is an excerpt from an article written by an independent belgian journalist (its been translately from french to english thats why the grammar isnt that good):

MASSACRE OF BLACKS BY REBELS IN LIBYA:

The Associated Press announced coldly killing a group of black people in a camp set up in front of the presidential residence Jamahiriya. Dozens of dead bodies were found with hands tied behind their backs. The agency said that they were not combatants. Michel Collon and the delegation had visited the site in July had met the men who love Libya.

Michel Collon:

"I met these people during my mission in Tripoli. I could talk to some people. They were not "mercenaries" as we say the "rebels" and the media. Some were dark-skinned Libyans (much of the population is of African type in fact), others were civilians from black African countries and stayed in Libya for a long time. All supported Gaddafi precisely because it was opposed to racism and he treated Arabs and Africans on an equal footing. Unlike the "rebels" in Benghazi, known for their anti-Black racism and are guilty of 'appalling atrocities and systematic in the first days of war. The paradox is that NATO claims to bring democracy and that combined with a section Libyan al Qaeda and the type of racist Ku Klux Klan! "

Any team Investig'Action is upset by this sad news.

Simon de Beer Investig'Action member of the camp

"Thousands of black Africans living in Libya. I had the opportunity to talk with many of them, including the camp of Bab al-Aziziyah. Gaddafi Most are in one of the fathers of Africa. They do not hesitate to compare it to Lumumba and Sankara. This may seem surprising given from abroad, but we must never forget that in the poorest continent, Libya is an exception: life expectancy is 75 years, water, electricity, health care and education are free, including a full costing just over a dollar ,  That's why millions of Africans support largely Gaddafi. I was shocked to learn the brutal death of those who, in solidarity with the regime, peacefully camped outside the residence of Kadhafi. Their murder is an act of barbarism and free.

How can we even dare to describe the rebel forces of "democratic"?

The Human Development Index according to the UN - United in 2009. In Africa, only Libya is close to the level of  developed countries. This is why many Africans  emigrate to live and work.

Mohamed Hassan, an expert on Africa with an African chief. Read his interview about the mission in Tripoli.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Busselen, a journalist with the weekly Solidarity , attended the same mission, a few weeks ago: "Our photos show that these people were unarmed civilians, there were very many women and children. I told them spoke, they were very mobilized against the war and they did not understand what Europe wanted. They told me: "But here is a country that works, the achievements are much better than in Africa is very good for us, and Europe is bombing! is incomprehensible. "They were highly motivated to defend Libya because they could compare their country of origin. It's really that barbaric massacre unarmed people in tying their hands behind his back, they were simple people, workers came spontaneously to defend their new homeland. It's really fear and I saw pictures of the same acts committed in Benghazi by the "rebels" who almost real terror. So when I see people in Tripoli "applaud" the rebels, I think they are just terrified. NATO brings terror. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ilse Grieten ( INTAL ): "When I see it, I can not believe it. We had already heard so many stories of atrocities committed by the rebels, and it is these people that we support and arming!? I'm angry again, and every day! These people are so honest, hundreds representing many African countries, all in and around their tents for months, convinced that we must support Gaddafi and Libya as an example for Africa. I can still hear them say: "Libya is the mother of Africa." They showed us in practice of African unity. They all wanted to speak to us to understand that this was an attack against Africa and its raw materials. Libya is the gateway to Africa. I hope their voices will finally be heard. Why NATO and the rebels did they refuse this peace proposal of the African Union (53 countries)? Why have we never heard of this? For them, Gaddafi is a symbol of African Unity, the man who protects his neocolonial pillage against looting. The man who has done more for Africa than their own leaders. "

http://www.michelcollon.info/Massacre-de-Noirs-par-les-rebelles.html?lang=fr
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by toogie: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
read the article again and then you'd take it with a pinch of salt

are there some news articles that are meant for NL and some for the outer world??, who wrote this crap!
and i think the managers of this site owe us the responsibility of checking the sources of the news they publish , you can imagine anytime you read som'tn on NL you first start from a skeptical perspective and in the end may end up not even reading it completely because u think it's false.

They shd let us know if it's a site for teenagers or bedtime stories for toddlers, the last time was Giggs slept with his brother's wife etc,

or simply put a caveat/disclaimer against the stories with unsure source or som'tn similar

I tire o!
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by abelian: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
islamrules:

Rubbish!
Boko haram called on ghadaffi to come to Nigeria that they are ready to die for him.

I hope you know that lying while fasting is a great crime,
bloody liar
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by Guyman02: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
The Libyan rebels are racists and they are killing black Libyans and Africans. Those Nigerians were trapped in Tripoli at the beginning of the war and had the choice of either escaping through the sea in dingy boats that got sunk by NATO war planes before reaching Italy or completely abandoned to drown in the Mediterranean when the boats ran into trouble. Many opted to stay and hoping for the end of the war and now the rebels are targeting them.
Its a difficult time to be a blackman in Libya and we should be concerned because NATO and the white guys dont care about what happens to these black Africans, they are only concerned about the oil.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by islamrules(m): 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
Rubbish!

bloody liar

My dear fool.
That is to show you that there is no brotherhood in Islam. Just like the Jews, Arabs on considered themselves as the God chosen.

They kill Jews/Black at will. See Sudan. Black people die in Sudan daily.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2011
toogie:

are there some news articles that are meant for NL and some for the outer world??, who wrote this crap!
and i think the managers of this site owe us the responsibility of checking the sources of the news they publish , you can imagine anytime you read som'tn on NL you first start from a skeptical perspective and in the end may end up not even reading it completely because u think it's false.

They shd let us know if it's a site for teenagers or bedtime stories for toddlers, the last time was Giggs slept with his brother's wife etc,

or simply put a caveat/disclaimer against the stories with unsure source or som'tn similar

I tire o!

If you u are refering to the article i copied and paste here then u are wrong, i was watching the [b]channel4 ne[/b]ws when those Nigerians were shown, they were distressed, sweating, crying and begging the journalist not to leave them that they were going to be shot if left with the rebels. The journalist stood with them and explained to the rebels then they were let go by the rebels.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by islamrules(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
If you u are refering to the article i copied and paste here then u are wrong, i was watching the channel4 news when those Nigerians were shown, they were distressed, sweating, crying and begging the journalist not to leave them that they were going to be shot if left with the rebels. The journalist stood with them and explained to the rebels then they were let go by the rebels.

Dont mind them!
I dont know why some poeple come to Nairaland to lash the people of Libya.

Na by force ? They said they dont want Gaddafi again. It is not some section of Libya. It is the whole Libya. 90% of Libyans. And useless Nigerians will be calling them names "US dogs", western dogs e.t.c. Do you want to force Gaddafi on them ?

Nigerian self. I know it is because these Libyan had help from west/USA. Sworn enemy of America. Leave Libyans alone. They are there on their revolution.

When are you going to revolt your corrupt leaders. You are still busy with your anti-west/ant-christian mentality. Mind your business.

Libyans too are muslims. They deserve whatever deemed fit for them!n Shekenah!
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by velo10: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
I have been hearing dat Libyan Rebels in Benghazi are Negro-haters. How true is this cos I know the Ghadaffi is not racist.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by honeric01(m): 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
Why are some people lying even when they gain nothing in return?
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by BetaThings: 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
abelian:

bloody liar
The person who calls himself Islamrules hates Islam with a passion
His username tells that his anti-islam crusader is the centre of his life

Of course, he hates jews too

islamrules:

My dear fool.
That is to show you that there is no brotherhood in Islam. Just like the Jews, Arabs on considered themselves as the God chosen.

They kill Jews/Black at will. See Sudan. Black people die in Sudan daily.

Of course christians do not have these attributes, they only see themselves as the salt of the earth
According to Corinthians, they should not associate with infidels as Christians are the light and everyone else is darkness

His mission is to see all muslims perish (children, women everyone)
He does not take prisoners - no conversion.
He is happy that NATO (mainly christians) is killing muslims
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by islamrules(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
Of course christians do not have these attributes, they only see themselves as the salt of the earth

Yes, that is why they preach peace. See Germans and other EU nations (Christians) hate the Jews because of palestines (MUSLIMS)

According to Corinthians, they should not associate with infidels as Christians are the light and everyone else is darkness
It is clear! Who Invented Electricity ? A muslim ? Radio waves/mobile phone, cars/automobile. A muslim ? The bible says christians are the light of the word. Is that not true ?

He is happy that Africa is becoming free. NATO is not killing muslims. NATO is helping muslims! Are Libyans Christian!
You dont need a special brain works to realize this logic.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by cap28: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
toogie:

I tire o!

here is the video clip:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-746749.0.html
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by toogie: 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Now I agree, thanks for ppl like you and the others, but my statement applies to some other articles though.

Thanks all the same
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by tpia5: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
Hundreds of returning Tuaregs alarm Mali, Niger

, Hundreds of armed Tuaregs from Mali and Niger who fought for toppled Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi have started to return to their home nations, security sources said, raising fears of conflict.

"Hundreds of Malian and Nigerian Tuaregs are coming home from the Libyan front. Among them are former Malian and Nigerien rebels, but also Tuaregs of Malian origin who were in the Libyan army," said a security source at Gao in the north of Mali.

The Tuaregs from the army obtained Libyan nationality in the 1990s and mostly fought alongside Kadhafi's other troops. Some of them were integrated into an elite military unit, the same source said.

"Mali has the same problem" as Niger, which borders Libya, the source added.

Officials from Niger on Sunday told AFP that Nigerien mercenaries, mainly Tuaregs, had begun returning to the northern town of Agadez on the edge of the Sahara desert, after Kadhafi's forces were routed by Libyan rebels.

"We need to fear a destabilisation of the whole Sahel with this new development. States like Mali and Niger are not prepared for this situation," said Mamadou Diallo, a teacher at Bamako University in Mali.

"What's going to become of these fighters? They have vehicles, weapons and expertise," he added. "This is dangerous."

Both the neighbouring, largely desert nations have in the past two decades faced serious Tuareg uprisings, which were ended by peace talks between their governments and the rebels, mediated by tribal elders.

The Tuaregs, who have historically roamed over vast tracts of the southern Sahara, seek acknowledgement of their cultural identity and have pressed the governments of the cash-strapped countries to help develop their regions.

Locals have expressed fear of these fighters since they left Libya, warning that their return with Libyan heavy weaponry might benefit Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), which originated in Algeria and operates in several countries.

A community of some 1.5 million people, the Tuaregs have traditionally lived in Niger, Mali, Algeria, Libya and Burkina Faso. The Tuareg rebellions shook Mali and Niger in the 1990s and early 2000s, with a resurgence between 2006 and 2009, which caused tens of thousands of Tuaregs to take refuge in Libya.

http://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-returning-tuaregs-alarm-mali-niger-000410715.html
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by tpia1: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2011
"We need to fear a destabilisation of the whole Sahel with this new development

by the time the nigerian libyans come back, it will be all over for nigeria.

these are people who have been desensitized and trained to be mercenary guerillas.

combine that with the south africans nigerians who are down there training with heavy weaponry and peddling hard drugs, add boko haram and various militancies all over the country, and 2015 is all we are waiting for.
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by tpia1: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
earlier post which got deleted:

Hundreds of returning Tuaregs alarm Mali, Niger

hundreds of armed Tuaregs from Mali and Niger who fought for toppled Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi have started to return to their home nations, security sources said, raising fears of conflict.

"Hundreds of Malian and Nigerian Tuaregs are coming home from the Libyan front. Among them are former Malian and Nigerien rebels, but also Tuaregs of Malian origin who were in the Libyan army," said a security source at Gao in the north of Mali.

The Tuaregs from the army obtained Libyan nationality in the 1990s and mostly fought alongside Kadhafi's other troops. Some of them were integrated into an elite military unit, the same source said.

"Mali has the same problem" as Niger, which borders Libya, the source added.

Officials from Niger on Sunday told AFP that Nigerien mercenaries, mainly Tuaregs, had begun returning to the northern town of Agadez on the edge of the Sahara desert, after Kadhafi's forces were routed by Libyan rebels.

"We need to fear a destabilisation of the whole Sahel with this new development. States like Mali and Niger are not prepared for this situation," said Mamadou Diallo, a teacher at Bamako University in Mali.

"What's going to become of these fighters? They have vehicles, weapons and expertise," he added. "This is dangerous."

Both the neighbouring, largely desert nations have in the past two decades faced serious Tuareg uprisings, which were ended by peace talks between their governments and the rebels, mediated by tribal elders.

The Tuaregs, who have historically roamed over vast tracts of the southern Sahara, seek acknowledgement of their cultural identity and have pressed the governments of the cash-strapped countries to help develop their regions.

Locals have expressed fear of these fighters since they left Libya, warning that their return with Libyan heavy weaponry might benefit Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), which originated in Algeria and operates in several countries.

A community of some 1.5 million people, the Tuaregs have traditionally lived in Niger, Mali, Algeria, Libya and Burkina Faso. The Tuareg rebellions shook Mali and Niger in the 1990s and early 2000s, with a resurgence between 2006 and 2009, which caused tens of thousands of Tuaregs to take refuge in Libya.

http://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-returning-tuaregs-alarm-mali-niger-000410715.html
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by cap28: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^^
what on earth are you talking about??
which nigerian libyans? which "mercenary guerrillas" ? have you not been paying attention ?

- there are no black mercenaries operating in libya, this is western propaganda - pure and simple - the only black soldiers operating in libya are black libyans who are legitimate govt troops - where are you getting your information from?
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by tpia6: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by tpia6: 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2011
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by aloyemeka2: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
Watch the torture video below if you doubt the report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-YYjDfElk
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by BetaThings: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^^
"This is a bad time to be a black man in Libya"
That guy saying we are innocent speaks like a Nigerian

And Jonathan has gone ahead to recognise those blood thirsty criminal NTC!!!
Just because the US said so
God should give us patriotic leaders
Re: Nine Nigerians Caught By Rebels In Libya. by BetaThings: 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
islamrules:

Yes, that is why they preach peace. See Germans and other EU nations (Christians) hate the Jews because of palestines (MUSLIMS)

It is clear! Who Invented Electricity ? A muslim ? Radio waves/mobile phone, cars/automobile. A muslim ? The bible says christians are the light of the word. Is that not true ?

He is happy that Africa is becoming free. NATO is not killing muslims. NATO is helping muslims! Are Libyans Christian!
You dont need a special brain works to realize this logic.
The Europeans hate the jews so much the jews are in EUFA rather than in CONCACAF? Indeed
Some of the lights are being extinguished along with your enemies. Congrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-YYjDfElk

Wherever christian NATO goes, misery and calamities go

(1) (2) (Reply)

25-year-old Man Nabbed For Car Theft In Niger (photo) / 419 Fraudsters: Beware(method Ii) / Angry Mob Stripped And Beats Kidnappers In Epe Area Itokin(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.